Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are cleared hot, E3 starts today

+23
Onyxknight
dragoon9105
Cheese
RX
Kasrkin Seath
Ruski
Elabajaba
Gauz
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rotaretilbo
Vigil
Angatar
Nocbl2
Lord Pheonix
Ukurse
TNine
KristallNacht
Gold Spartan
Ringleader
Death no More
PiEdude
Divine Virus
Vtrooper
27 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

We are cleared hot, E3 starts today - Page 2 Empty Re: We are cleared hot, E3 starts today

Post by Vtrooper Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Yup. Seems like writing news articles at GamersVerse finally paid off. Razz

the funny part, next year i may be at the beach all summer, if i wasn't, i would say "Get Tickets for all of us you bastered!"
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

We are cleared hot, E3 starts today - Page 2 Empty Re: We are cleared hot, E3 starts today

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:39 pm

So far I have a press event with Sony and a press event with Activision (both on Tuesday morning), dinner with Treyarch (on Sunday evening), and lunch with DICE (I've not been told when, yet). I'm so excited. Very Happy
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Since when is rot a doctor?

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Well, if you're watching it, keep a look out for me. ;)

you should go grab olivia munns ass on live TV...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:So far I have a press event with Sony and a press event with Activision (both on Tuesday morning), dinner with Treyarch (on Sunday evening), and lunch with DICE (I've not been told when, yet). I'm so excited. Very Happy
Can you gas the Treyarch place for me?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:50 pm

Vigil wrote:

Or not

Very Happy

Oh my god...

Yes Very Happy

Danke!
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:50 am

Nocbl2 wrote:Can you gas the Treyarch place for me?

We aren't eating at Treyarch, silly. We're eating at some expensive restaurant where the cheapest item is an $18 burger. And by eating, I mean drinking, because God knows I'm not paying $18 for a burger. I'll get myself a lemonade or something and try to socialize. I may not particularly like Treyarch, but for an aspiring game designer, any and all contacts in the industry are welcome. I'd even accept EA (more because I could use those contacts to better formulate the mass murder of EA, but the point stands).
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:58 am

HAIL TO THE KING BABY

Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:02 am

Vigil wrote:HAIL TO THE KING BABY

They should have named this as Duke Nukem Forever.
People would raged at 13 years of development for that.

The game still looks alright though.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:29 am

It's a port of a 2002 game.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:54 am

Vigil wrote:It's a port of a 2002 game.
Exactly
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:17 am

Not the same thing.

This is more when they re-released Duke Nukem 3D on XBLA.

Forever was actually going to be a full priced game which they'd spent 3 console generations failing to make it.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:18 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:So far I have a press event with Sony and a press event with Activision (both on Tuesday morning), dinner with Treyarch (on Sunday evening), and lunch with DICE (I've not been told when, yet). I'm so excited. Very Happy

tell DICE nerds wan't a BF1942 remake, that a real remake and has 64 players on PC
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:43 am

Vtrooper wrote:

tell DICE nerds wan't a BF1942 remake, that a real remake and has 64 players on PC

And make that for the 360 as well.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:18 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:Can you gas the Treyarch place for me?

We aren't eating at Treyarch, silly. We're eating at some expensive restaurant where the cheapest item is an $18 burger. And by eating, I mean drinking, because God knows I'm not paying $18 for a burger. I'll get myself a lemonade or something and try to socialize. I may not particularly like Treyarch, but for an aspiring game designer, any and all contacts in the industry are welcome. I'd even accept EA (more because I could use those contacts to better formulate the mass murder of EA, but the point stands).
You should ask if their bringing back a version of Nazi Zombies Razz
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Vtrooper wrote:tell DICE nerds wan't a BF1942 remake, that a real remake and has 64 players on PC

I suppose you won't be happy to hear that they are considering making a BF1943 style game for BFV. Razz

Ruski wrote:And make that for the 360 as well.

No, if I have a say in it, Battlefield departs the console scene forever. I'm tired of playing a PC shooter that had to be streamlined so that it would work on a console.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:31 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:
What's wrong with Treyarch?
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Angatar wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:

They haven't made a good game since Spiderman 2.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Vigil wrote:
Angatar wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:

I think we should give Black Ops a chance though. It can't possible be worse than Modern Warfare 2.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Vtrooper wrote:tell DICE nerds wan't a BF1942 remake, that a real remake and has 64 players on PC

I suppose you won't be happy to hear that they are considering making a BF1943 style game for BFV. Razz

Ruski wrote:And make that for the 360 as well.

No, if I have a say in it, Battlefield departs the console scene forever. I'm tired of playing a PC shooter that had to be streamlined so that it would work on a console.

actually im fine with a BFV one, see, BFV had few maps, of which i liked 3 (Hue is re-used so much im counting the 2-3 Hue maps as 1)
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Angatar wrote:
Vigil wrote:
Angatar wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:

I think we should give Black Ops a chance though. It can't possible be worse than Modern Warfare 2.

World of war was hardly stellar, and While I've softened to it post MW2, I still think it was medicore at best.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Vtrooper wrote:actually im fine with a BFV one, see, BFV had few maps, of which i liked 3 (Hue is re-used so much im counting the 2-3 Hue maps as 1)

Battlefield Vietnam had 17 maps. 4 of the 17 reused maps.

Hue 1968 featured the Hue map with the South Vietnamese and North Vietnamese each starting outside of the city and fighting for control.

Reclaiming Hue featured the Hue map, but with half of the buildings destroyed or damage, and gave the North Vietnamese control of every flag except the South Vietnamese starting bridge. Two flags on this map are moved from Hue 1968 and one extra is added.

Quang Tri 1968 uses the Quang Tri map and gives the South Vietnamese all but one flag on the map.

Quang Tri 1972 uses the Quang Tri map, but half the buildings are leveled and the other half are damaged. The North Vietnamese start with all but one flag. Three of the flags on this map are moved from Quang Tri 1968.

Ho Chi Minh Trail uses the Cambodia map, giving the VietCong all but one flag.

Cambodian Incursion uses the Cambodia map, except shifted up, such that the bottom quarter of Ho Chi Minh Trail is not in Cambodian Incursion and the top quarter of Cambodian Incursion is not in Ho Chi Minh Trail. This map gives all but one flag to the United States. Further, two of the five flags are moved and one flag is removed from Ho Chi Minh Trail and two extra flags are added.

Ia Drang Valley uses the Ia Drang map. It gives the United States two flags and the North Vietnamese four flags.

Landing Zone Albany uses a part of the Ia Drang map that is almost completely ignored in the Ia Drang Valley, other than to be flown over by helicopters (which aren't present in Landing Zone Albany). The United States and the North Vietnamese each get one flag and have to fight over the other four. All six of the flags in Landing Zone Albany are unique from Ia Drang Valley.

The other maps are all unique.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Which is why i like Operation Ivery(sp) and Operation Flaming Dart, and also on my old dell, loading times took forever and i liked the song for Flaming Dart's loading screen.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:02 am

Vigil wrote:Not the same thing.

This is more when they re-released Duke Nukem 3D on XBLA.

Forever was actually going to be a full priced game which they'd spent 3 console generations failing to make it.
That is the point...
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:38 am

Vtrooper wrote:Which is why i like Operation Ivery(sp) and Operation Flaming Dart, and also on my old dell, loading times took forever and i liked the song for Flaming Dart's loading screen.

Operating Irving and Operation Hastings were probably my favorite, but yes, the special rendition of You Really Got Me by the Kinks for Operation Flaming Dart was simply amazing.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next