Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are cleared hot, E3 starts today

+23
Onyxknight
dragoon9105
Cheese
RX
Kasrkin Seath
Ruski
Elabajaba
Gauz
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rotaretilbo
Vigil
Angatar
Nocbl2
Lord Pheonix
Ukurse
TNine
KristallNacht
Gold Spartan
Ringleader
Death no More
PiEdude
Divine Virus
Vtrooper
27 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

We are cleared hot, E3 starts today - Page 6 Empty Re: We are cleared hot, E3 starts today

Post by Angatar Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:47 pm

I thought you spontaneously combusted and were reborn from the ashes.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

We are cleared hot, E3 starts today - Page 6 Empty Re: We are cleared hot, E3 starts today

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Thats when I die.

Takes more than bullets to kill me
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:13 pm

*wishing I had G4 right now*
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:32 am

We all hate regenerating health, but having the M4 with a holographic sight in multiple games doesn't mean shit, and having read the full article at Cracked from whence that pic came, all I can say is Cracked is full of shit. Sony spent practically the entire time talking about the PlayStation Move; the 3D bit was what they swept under the table. Two games, even five or ten, based on modern US military operations should all have the M4 in them. The M4 and M16 are very old weapons, so it is unsurprising to see them in games. They've been around since practically right after WW2, and since WW1 and prior is boring as shit from a game perspective, your options are WW2 (overdone), Vietnam-modern (overdone), or futuristic science fiction (overdone). Just because you have guns in common means nothing about the similarities of how the games are executed.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:50 am

A World War I game might be cool, if it were realistic, and not put on the Modern Warfare engine.

It would be like, the most brutal thing ever.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:08 am

If anything, I really did thought that the Medal of Honor demo looked EXACTLY like Battlefield badcompany 2.

The reloading, the way it says killing an enemy, the gun sway, the hud for a tank or missle or whatever it was in there all looked liked Battlefield to me.

I know it's EA and DICE doing it, but at least make it look somewhat different or at least stand out. I know the original Medal of Honor games didn't all that different to similar games of it's times but still.

That's what I was thinking when I saw it.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:41 am

Divine Virus wrote:If anything, I really did thought that the Medal of Honor demo looked EXACTLY like Battlefield badcompany 2.

The reloading, the way it says killing an enemy, the gun sway, the hud for a tank or missle or whatever it was in there all looked liked Battlefield to me.

I know it's EA and DICE doing it, but at least make it look somewhat different or at least stand out. I know the original Medal of Honor games didn't all that different to similar games of it's times but still.

Lets face it, between this and the movie industry there really aren't many origional thougts going around. More over if they are origional someone has all ready done it at some point.
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:55 am

JB wrote:
Divine Virus wrote:If anything, I really did thought that the Medal of Honor demo looked EXACTLY like Battlefield badcompany 2.

Lets face it, between this and the movie industry there really aren't many origional thougts going around. More over if they are origional someone has all ready done it at some point.

what about Bullet Storm?
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:32 am

Ringleader wrote:A World War I game might be cool, if it were realistic, and not put on the Modern Warfare engine.

You find sitting in a trench while having mortar rounds dropped on you for hours is fun?
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:58 am

Gold Spartan wrote:
Ringleader wrote:A World War I game might be cool, if it were realistic, and not put on the Modern Warfare engine.

You find sitting in a trench while having mortar rounds dropped on you for hours is fun?
The fun part would be where you got out of the trench (aka the part where the game would actually play, not the waiting) and watch your buddies get torn to bits as you desperately try to push the enemies back with almost little to no cover (I assume you would use the bloodied corpses of your fellow soldiers at some points). That would be awesome if done correctly.
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:05 am

WW1 shooters have been attempted several times.

The only attempt I liked was the hellish nightmare WW1 in the Darkness.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:09 am

My whole opinion on the Medal of Honor/MW2/Killzone 2 picture is that I've played Killzone 2, it feels and acts a lot different than Modern Warfare 2. It's a lot better than MW2. So putting it in that picture isn't fair to the game in my opinion. If you play it, it feels like it's trying to be something different and not just rip off of the modern shooter genre, even if it uses an M4 and regenerative health.

I can't speak for Medal of Honor. I don't think anybody should be speaking against it as none of us have played it or will play it until the beta and the final product. That's when I think we should be judging it. Personally, I think if DICE and EA manage to conjure up something that's like a BF:BC2 and MW2 love child, it could be good. Mind you, I don't like Modern Warfare 2 at all, but there are SOME good ideas, and those are the ones that I think if mixed correctly with BF:BC2 and some fresh ideas, could make for a good game.
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:21 am

I honestly think for a series that was essentially designed to be a game version of Saving Private Ryan/ Band of Brothers to become a bastard child of Bad company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 is a disgrace to the original's name.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:29 am

SPR doesn't compare to the greatness of BoB. Now I will reserve my final opinion of MoH when it comes out.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:29 am

Well I played some of the old ones. Not the original ones, just the ones that were back on the Gamecube and the PS2. I enjoyed them. I've seen other people who loved the original games and are angry about where the reboot is heading.

Personally, after playing those games and hearing those fans, I'm just taking MoH out of "This is a reboot" land and putting it in "This is a completely different game just with the same title" land. I'm not counting it in the MoH series anymore. I'm counting it as a completely different game with the same name.
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:30 am

Ruski wrote:SPR doesn't compare to the greatness of BoB. Now I will reserve my final opinion of MoH when it comes out.
Ruski, you have to reserve MoH to get into the beta. Just felt like telling you in case you didn't know.
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:46 am

[quote="Ruski"]SPR doesn't compare to the greatness of BoB. Now I will reserve my final opinion of MoH when it comes out.[/quote
SPR: 3 hours long.
BoB: 12 hours long.
No real way to compare them on the same level. Razz
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:52 am

Mr. Grenade wrote:
Ruski wrote:SPR doesn't compare to the greatness of BoB. Now I will reserve my final opinion of MoH when it comes out.
Ruski, you have to reserve MoH to get into the beta. Just felt like telling you in case you didn't know.
Unless you have a PS3 Razz
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:27 am

Mr. Grenade wrote:
Gold Spartan wrote:

The fun part would be where you got out of the trench (aka the part where the game would actually play, not the waiting) and watch your buddies get torn to bits as you desperately try to push the enemies back with almost little to no cover (I assume you would use the bloodied corpses of your fellow soldiers at some points). That would be awesome if done correctly.
The only part of WWI I find would be part way interesting is 1918, when trench fighting was on the decline and there were tanks. Even then it's still would be really hard to do, since it's Germany versus all the Allies, and the Allies have all the tanks.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:56 am

I'd personally like to see a game during the Battle of the Somme

Seeing that much death and being forced to repeat it, several times just desperately getting through it would be an interesting.

Think the rushes in the Russian campiagn of the original COD and you get the idea.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Vigil wrote:I honestly think for a series that was essentially designed to be a game version of Saving Private Ryan/ Band of Brothers to become a bastard child of Bad company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 is a disgrace to the original's name.

You are aware Medal of Honor was started by Infinity Ward, right?

so then if it's being made by DICE now, a BC2 and MW2 offspring would be EXACTLY within the realm of possibility.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:58 pm

It was not.

Medal of Honor was developed by DreamWorks interactive.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:18 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Vigil wrote:I honestly think for a series that was essentially designed to be a game version of Saving Private Ryan/ Band of Brothers to become a bastard child of Bad company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 is a disgrace to the original's name.

You are aware Medal of Honor was started by Infinity Ward, right?

so then if it's being made by DICE now, a BC2 and MW2 offspring would be EXACTLY within the realm of possibility.

They were part of the original team, yes, but they left as they didn't agree with EA.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:59 pm

I have played Medal of Honor, and I'm ankle deep in beta codes, and all I can say is the game is amazing. Multiplayer does handle like BC2, but that's because they use the same engine. Singleplayer looks great, and hearing that the Tier One Operators have say over everyone else in the game's design is quite promising.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next