zombie

Go down

zombie Empty zombie

Post by MrX on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:30 pm

ok make a base to defend against zombies

your a rich millionaire who lives by himself with no one around for miles upon miles YOU CAN ONLY USE PAINT

mine will be up tomorrow
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

zombie Empty Re: zombie

Post by BBJynne on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:47 pm

zombie Untitled

Black Lines represent 50 foot tall, 15 foot wide reinforced concrete walls with foundations

Ditch is 100 feet deep. it has spikes, barbed wire, razors, broken glass, concrete on the bottom
Anything that falls into it should be impaled, slashed, and break lots of bones.

Farmland will be patrolled regularly in groups of at least 8 of my armed guards. They will note any breaks in the walls or disturbances of the crops. Groups will stick together.

The innermost zone has a heavily guarded gate between it and farmland. It has guards watching nearly everything. It contains where people do everything except farm.

Barren wasteland exists to there is apparently nothing inside the fortress worth all the effort of passing over the walls.

If you have lots of money, zombies forts don't have to be super complicated.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:08 pm

Your fort would be a lot better if you took away the zombies BB Razz

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:14 pm

um....a 50 foot foot tall wall would seriously stop all zombies.....period.....

no need for 4...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:15 pm

I'm hoping that the zombies will be a temporary part of the design. In a good case scenario, they will move on to greener pastures, so to speak, in search of a larger and easier to access people group.

@ NT, that may be true; however, because I am apparently a rich person with money to burn, and zombies could potentially crawl up on top of each other, I decided that more is better.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:13 am

Once I figure out where the line tool is in Paint 7, I'll put one up.

Alright, I just used Excel and copy pasta'd into Paint. I used a decently simple color scheme: black = wall, blue = access to the floor above, yellow = access to the floor below, and green = access to both the floor above and the floor below.

I'll note that I made mine more complicated than BB's isolationist concept because mine is designed to act as a refuge for other survivors. BB has made it nearly impossible for any being, zombie or not, to enter his compound. Because I intend to allow other survivors into my compound, I had to take many more precautions.

zombie ZombieBase1

This is the ground floor of my zombie base. It is simple in design. The entire compound sits on a 500x500 foot plot of land. Along the perimeter is a wall made of smooth, reinforced concrete. The wall is 10 feet thick, thirty feet high, and twenty feet deep (as in underground). The top of the wall is flat and crenelated to provide cover for snipers. Access is granted via a stairwell along the center of the north wall. Just under the crenelation on the outside is a line of barbed wire, just in case. Every thirty feet along the wall are two extra sniper rifles, an anti-material rifle, a machine gun, and a box of clips for each weapon. These are checked regularly to ensure they are combat worthy and full. The only access into and out of the compound is a man-powered lift at the center of the south wall. The wall is regularly patrolled by about twelve snipers. However, snipers are advised not to fire at zombies unless they are making an active effort to scale the wall (somehow). This is to prevent bodies piling up around the wall (allowing for zombies to form a sort of ramp). In the event that zombie bodies do begin to pile up around the wall, boxes of incendiary grenades are kept along the wall every fifty feet, which can be dropped down to burn away bodies (these may also be utilized in the event of an attack at the discretion of the soldiers).

The land in between the wall and the structure is used for various things. The southeast quarter of the compound features a basic hangar and concrete landing area for helicopters. The northeast quarter of the compound features various recreational things, such as a track around a field and that sort of thing. It is used for recreation and for military training, and features an obstacle course as well. The west half of the compound is used for farming. The southwest corner of the compound features a large pit. The pit has a diameter of about 20 feet and is about thirty feet deep. It is lined in concrete to prevent zombie remains from getting into the soil, lest the virus is able to spread via contaminated food. It is primarily used for incinerating the bodies of any zombies that might have somehow gotten into the compound. Ashes are shoveled out by a hazmat crew once a month, bagged up, and tossed over the compound wall.

The structure itself is 200x200 feet and stands 7 stories (70 feet) high. The structure, like the compound walls, is made of smooth, reinforced concrete, though its outer walls are only 5 feet thick. The only access to the structure is through a heavy steel door in the south wall of the structure. Inside the first story of the structure is an empty chamber. At the far (north) end of the chamber is an elevator. There is a corridor that runs all along the edge of the first story. This corridor can only be accessed via ladders leading up to the second story (placed every 30 feet along the outer walls). The ladders feature hatches that lock from the bottom at the top. The inner wall of the corridor features a small firing port at every ladder. This port is about 3x3 inches in size. To minimize the chance of friendly crossfire, guards in these corridors are instructed to aim for the legs rather than for the center of mass. Two extra assault rifles and two boxes of filled clips are kept on either side of each ladder. These are checked regularly to ensure they are combat worthy and full.

zombie ZombieBase2

The second story is the lower prison. The second story is primarily used to hold new comers to the community. Any person entering the community is required one month of solitary confinement to ensure that they are not infected before they may enter the community proper. Cells are 10x10 feet and feature a bed and a toilet. The door to the cell is heavy steel and features a slit about 8x3 inches in size to allow for food and water to be passed into the cell, as well as for guards to eliminate newly turned zombies if need be without entering the cell. Community members who commit petty crimes may serve sentences in these cells, though they will more likely serve in the upper prison. The bodies of new comers who were infected are incinerated in the fire pit.

Like the first story, the second story has a corridor that runs the perimeter. This corridor, however, simply features the hatches and ladders that lead into the first story corridor. There are also two corridors that run parallel to the elevator exit corridor, again featuring firing ports, extra weapons, ammo, and ladders leading up. Again, guards are ordered to aim for the legs to prevent friendly crossfire.

zombie ZombieBase3

The third story is the upper prison. It is primarily used to deal with petty criminals (most crimes are punishable by firing square; the bodies of executed criminals are incinerated in the fire pit). If there is a large influx of new comers, the third story cells can be used to house new comers serving solitary confinement should the second story be full. Likewise, petty criminals can be held in the second story cells if the third story is full. Like the second story, the third story features two parallel corridors along the elevator exit corridor. The main difference is that these corridors have ladders leading both up and down.

zombie ZombieBase4
zombie ZombieBase5
zombie ZombieBase6

The fourth, fifth, and sixth story are the living areas of most of the community. Each of these three floors is designed to house about 54 people (2 to a room). Each room is 20x20 feet and features a bed, a desk, a TV, a computer, and an enclosed bathroom. For safety reasons, the doors to living quarters are heavy steel and feature the same slit as a prison door, except that this slit has a flap for privacy. These floors also feature two, mess halls each with a kitchens, and two armories.

zombie ZombieBase7

The seventh story is the living area for the six ruling councilors. Each councilor is responsible for choosing a fitting successor. Councilors have much larger rooms, each featuring a foyer, a dining room, a kitchen, a living room, a bedroom, an office, a closet, and three bathrooms, as well as two TVs and a computer. The seventh story is also the main access into the elevator exit corridors, though it does not feature any firing ports itself. The seventh story is the only living area that actually has formal patrols.

---

I didn't bother to map the basement or the roof. The basement features all of the hardware to run the place, including several generators. It can be accessed via the elevator, but only with a specific key. These keys are only given to officers, councilors, and engineers. The roof is covered in solar panels, which are used to power the structure. It too can be accessed via the elevator, but the access key (same as used for basement access).

---

Equipment used by soldiers is as such:
  • H&K UCP
  • H&K G36
  • Benelli M4
  • H&K MG36
  • H&K MSG90A1
  • DSR-Precision DSR50
  • H&K GMG
  • D-N Panzerfaust 3

Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:13 am

Do you seriously have that much time on your hands Rot?

Last edited by Mr. Grenade on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:28 am

Mr. Grenade wrote:Do you seriously have that much time on your hands Rot?
Fixed ^^

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:48 am

CivBase wrote:
Mr. Grenade wrote:Do you seriously have that much time on your hands Rot?
Fixed ^^
Shit.... I wasn't paying attention lol
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:05 pm

zombie Zombiedefense

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:54 pm

Being able to cast your own bullets is very helpful

Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:31 pm

When I first read this I thought he meant we actually had to build a building using only paint. I get it now.

Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:32 pm

And thats why your in the special classroom where you get nap time

Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:40 pm

or maybe he assumed due to the fact im bat shit insane Very Happy
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:50 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Being able to cast your own bullets is very helpful
Ooops lol, forgot the armory

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:17 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:And thats why your in the special classroom where you get nap time

Wait, they get nap time in the special classroom!? Fuck normal people!

Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down