Alpha Protocol

Go down

Alpha Protocol Empty Alpha Protocol

Post by Vigil on Mon May 31, 2010 4:43 pm

Alpha Protocol Alpha-10

Release date: Out.

Reviews: Pretty negative

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/28/metareview-alpha-protocol/

I've played through all of it, and while it's not the best game I've ever played, with pretty crappy controls and dumb AI, it still had a very good story and politcal intrique. The dialogue system was pretty original too making you have to think on your feet, as you only have a limited time to choose your response. You could say that it's a minigame for conversation, but it keeps the dialogue moving and doesn't break the flow of the game. Thornton is pretty Shepardesque, and your actions affect how others respond to him.

For example I spared a terrorist lieutenant who attacked me, because she was going after the same I was after, and her boss then proprosed and alliance and gave me valuable intel for later missions. They're quite a few mission where I just talked to people, and gathered intelligence. Not every person reacts the same, I relied heavily on being professional, to the point and about the job. Though being suave and charming and agressive and intimadting had their uses. Hell I got the villians as well as the heroes to like and trust me.

I'm not going to lie, gameplay is rather poor, but if you can tolerate it, it can be a excited and fun experience. Definately a rental or get it cheap.

Also a nice insight at why this game failed as much as it did.

http://4playerpodcast.com/2010/05/30/an-alpha-protocol-designer-speaks-out/#more-5864

Let's hope they get their shit together for Fallout: New Vegas.

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down