Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XBL vs PSN

+9
Rotaretilbo
Death no More
PiEdude
squirrelboy
Indecisive One.
CivBase
Nocbl2
Ukurse
laxspartan007
13 posters

Go down

XBL or PSN

XBL vs PSN Vote_lcap61%XBL vs PSN Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 20 ]
XBL vs PSN Vote_lcap9%XBL vs PSN Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
XBL vs PSN Vote_lcap21%XBL vs PSN Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
XBL vs PSN Vote_lcap9%XBL vs PSN Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 33

XBL vs PSN Empty XBL vs PSN

Post by laxspartan007 Sun May 16, 2010 2:36 pm

yes we have a topic for this, but a poll will show what is more prefered...
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

XBL vs PSN Empty Re: XBL vs PSN

Post by Ukurse Sun May 16, 2010 4:45 pm

A onesided poll so far.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sun May 16, 2010 4:51 pm

LOL
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon May 17, 2010 10:36 am

PSN is completely free... and that's all it has going for it.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. Tue May 18, 2010 5:49 am

Hahaha. Go XBL.
Indecisive One.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Male Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by squirrelboy Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:06 pm

i voted PSN. im sorry guys. My brother has a PS3 and when i see him play online, i really dont see a difference between the two, other then the fact that PSN is free.
squirrelboy
squirrelboy
Minion

Male Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:16 pm

X

Box

Live.

Even though you have to pay for it.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:24 am

lol at the person who voted for PSN
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:11 am

PC > XBL + PSN
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by czar Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:22 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:PC > XBL + PSN
/thread
czar
czar
Minion

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:25 pm

I still have to disagree.

PC is great for RTS and anything by Valve, but I've played a lot of other shooters on the PC, and I definitely prefer a console.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by czar Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:27 pm

PiEdude wrote:

PC is great for RTS and anything by Valve, but I've played a lot of other shooters on the PC, and I definitely prefer a console.
PCs are better at everything except fighting and racing games. Unless you get a cheap usb controller, then it is ultimate.
czar
czar
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:35 pm

they are Equal to me, besides there are no sqeekers on PSN
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:35 pm

czar wrote:
PiEdude wrote:

PCs are better at everything except fighting and racing games. Unless you get a cheap usb controller, then it is ultimate.

Again, I disagree.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:19 pm

PiEdude wrote:I still have to disagree.

Pick up a game not ported from console, like any Battlefield game pre-Bad Company 2 that DICE has put out (Bad Company 2 is a good game too, but not up to par for PC shooters). When it comes right down to it, console FPS are all shit. The problem is that the console FPS market is so shitty that even shit can look like a Kobe beef steak to a console gamer. That's why, when you port these shitty games to PC, they are shit when compared to actual PC shooters.

There are a handful of exceptions, like Bio Shock, but that's mostly because Bio Shock is more focused on story and less on hardcore shooting whatnot. Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 are both Counter Strike clones with a few perks.

And can you believe there are people out there saying DICE is copying Treyarch by announcing Bad Company 2: Vietnam? Aside from the fact that DICE has been planning on making the game for three years now, Battlefield Vietnam, the precursor of Bad Company 2: Vietnam (Battlefield Vietnam is to Bad Company 2: Vietnam as Battlefield 1942 is to Battlefield 1943; BC2V is going to be Battlefield Vietnam on the Frostbite engine with fewer maps and fewer players per server).
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
PiEdude wrote:I still have to disagree.

Pick up a game not ported from console, like any Battlefield game pre-Bad Company 2 that DICE has put out (Bad Company 2 is a good game too, but not up to par for PC shooters). When it comes right down to it, console FPS are all shit. The problem is that the console FPS market is so shitty that even shit can look like a Kobe beef steak to a console gamer. That's why, when you port these shitty games to PC, they are shit when compared to actual PC shooters.

There are a handful of exceptions, like Bio Shock, but that's mostly because Bio Shock is more focused on story and less on hardcore shooting whatnot. Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 are both Counter Strike clones with a few perks.

And can you believe there are people out there saying DICE is copying Treyarch by announcing Bad Company 2: Vietnam? Aside from the fact that DICE has been planning on making the game for three years now, Battlefield Vietnam, the precursor of Bad Company 2: Vietnam (Battlefield Vietnam is to Bad Company 2: Vietnam as Battlefield 1942 is to Battlefield 1943; BC2V is going to be Battlefield Vietnam on the Frostbite engine with fewer maps and fewer players per server).

I still disagree.

I've played plenty of demos for straight PC FPS's in the past (another problem I have with PC gaming is that you have to install each and every game, which takes up space) and I still just like console better.

And I really don't have to explain myself. It's just my opinion that I like playing console FPS's more. I never said they were better, I just prefer them. There's no installation, less lag (my computer's not a gaming computer, even with the new RAM and graphics card), and I get to pull a trigger on a 360 controller, which is just more satisfying to me in a shooter.
I've tried hooking the controller to the computer before with the USB, but it doesn't work for some reason, and I really don't care to figure it out. PC has its virtues, sure, but what I'm not going to say is that the console doesn't have any. Because it does.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:42 pm

PiEdude wrote:
I still disagree.

I've played plenty of demos for straight PC FPS's in the past (another problem I have with PC gaming is that you have to install each and every game, which takes up space) and I still just like console better.

And I really don't have to explain myself. It's just my opinion that I like playing console FPS's more. I never said they were better, I just prefer them. There's no installation, less lag (my computer's not a gaming computer, even with the new RAM and graphics card), and I get to pull a trigger on a 360 controller, which is just more satisfying to me in a shooter.
I've tried hooking the controller to the computer before with the USB, but it doesn't work for some reason, and I really don't care to figure it out. PC has its virtues, sure, but what I'm not going to say is that the console doesn't have any. Because it does.

http://home.novint.com/products/pistol_grips.php
It has a pistol grip, and trigger. In terms of installing games, 5 minutes isn't very long, and since its installed it loads faster, which makes up for the fact you have to install. It isn't very hard to have a gaming computer these days, for close to the price of a console you can have a computer which plays every game out there on high without lag.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/build_a_500_pc_play_crysis_40fps

In terms of plugging a controller in, you just need the drivers for it.

Games look better on pc, with a decent pc like the one linked above, you'll run everything with no lag and it will look better than what it would on a console.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Elabajaba wrote:
PiEdude wrote:
I still disagree.

It has a pistol grip, and trigger. In terms of installing games, 5 minutes isn't very long, and since its installed it loads faster, which makes up for the fact you have to install. It isn't very hard to have a gaming computer these days, for close to the price of a console you can have a computer which plays every game out there on high without lag.

Games look better on pc, with a decent pc like the one linked above, you'll run everything with no lag and it will look better than what it would on a console.

Almost all of this involves paying $$$, which I do not have.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by czar Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:39 pm

PiEdude wrote:
Elabajaba wrote:
PiEdude wrote:
I still disagree.

Then PC gaming is not for you.
czar
czar
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:13 pm

czar wrote:
PiEdude wrote:
Elabajaba wrote:
PiEdude wrote:
I still disagree.

Then PC gaming is not for you.
Exactly my point this entire time.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:17 pm

Lern2save.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:44 pm

Console shooters are not evolving NEAR as rapidly as they should be... but they're not all crap. Yah, MW and MW2 were major letdowns - perhaps even a step backwards - and should not receive anything like the praise they've been getting... but they're still fun in moderation.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: