Marine Life

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by BBJynne on Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:Yeah, we kinda nuked them a few decades ago... yeah, sorry about that Japan. We didn't think it would... you know... obliterate everything.... yeah...
And then we gave them money to rebuild their country.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Gold Spartan on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:
Spartan15 wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:Japan doesn't dislike America. We provide them with Military Security.

Without us they'd be speaking Chinese
Just because you provide them with military security doesn't mean that they neccesarily like America..
Yeah, we kinda nuked them a few decades ago... yeah, sorry about that Japan. We didn't think it would... you know... obliterate everything.... yeah...
This alone shows why your opinion in this matter should be discarded, as not everything was obilterated. Only two cities.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Nocbl2 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:
Spartan15 wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:Japan doesn't dislike America. We provide them with Military Security.

Without us they'd be speaking Chinese
Just because you provide them with military security doesn't mean that they neccesarily like America..
Yeah, we kinda nuked them a few decades ago... yeah, sorry about that Japan. We didn't think it would... you know... obliterate everything.... yeah...
This alone shows why your opinion in this matter should be discarded, as not everything was obilterated. Only two cities.
I'm saying it obliterated everything in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Spartan15 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:25 am

Nocbl2 wrote:
Spartan15 wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:Japan doesn't dislike America. We provide them with Military Security.

Without us they'd be speaking Chinese
Just because you provide them with military security doesn't mean that they neccesarily like America..
Yeah, we kinda nuked them a few decades ago... yeah, sorry about that Japan. We didn't think it would... you know... obliterate everything.... yeah...
I'm pretty sure Japan got over it and i doubt they would accept an apology for nuking there cities back then...
Spartan15
Spartan15
Minion

Male Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-01-12

http://www.halowars.com

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:46 am

Nocbl2 wrote:I'm saying it obliterated everything in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

why is everyone so stuck on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

the firebombing campaign on tokyo killed more people than both the atom bombs combined.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Nocbl2 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 am

KristallNacht wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:I'm saying it obliterated everything in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

why is everyone so stuck on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

the firebombing campaign on tokyo killed more people than both the atom bombs combined.
Hm... good point lol. I think most people don't even know what a firebomb is, or that it was used in WWII. v.V
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Ruski on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:56 am

Nocbl2 wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:I'm saying it obliterated everything in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

why is everyone so stuck on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

the firebombing campaign on tokyo killed more people than both the atom bombs combined.
Hm... good point lol. I think most people don't even know what a firebomb is, or that it was used in WWII. v.V

Oh is this firebomb a bomb with fire attached to it?
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Age : 25
Location : Canton, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Nocbl2 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:41 am

Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:24 am

Nocbl2 wrote:I'm saying it obliterated everything in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

That in and of itself is untrue. Fat Man, which we dropped on Nagasaki, was actually the larger of the two bombs, but the city was set up such that there was a low sort of ridge that divided the military/industrial district from the general populace. We bombed the former. Probably only destroyed about a fourth of the city. We easily could have dropped it over the center of the city and detonated it about half a mile up and Nagasaki and all outlying areas would have been gone.

Oh, and did I mention that we dropped leaflets all through Nagasaki a week prior to the bombings to let them know we were going to utterly destroy the cities with our new weapon, which we had shown the Japanese via tests conducted on Easter Island and in the bombing of Hiroshima?

Hell, the bombing of Dresden was more serious than the atomic attacks. The Dresden firestorm destroyed fifteen square miles of the city. Between Little Boy and Fat Man, only seven square miles of city were destroyed. And Dresden wasn't even of any military or economic value! It was just a densely populated German city known for its culture.

_________________
Marine Life - Page 4 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Ruski on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:29 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:Firebomb
Noc.....I was been sarcastic.......
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Age : 25
Location : Canton, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Nocbl2 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:I'm saying it obliterated everything in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Rotaretilbo wrote:That in and of itself is untrue. Fat Man, which we dropped on Nagasaki, was actually the larger of the two bombs, but the city was set up such that there was a low sort of ridge that divided the military/industrial district from the general populace. We bombed the former. Probably only destroyed about a fourth of the city. We easily could have dropped it over the center of the city and detonated it about half a mile up and Nagasaki and all outlying areas would have been gone.
Guess you got me there.

Rotaretilbo wrote:Oh, and did I mention that we dropped leaflets all through Nagasaki a week prior to the bombings to let them know we were going to utterly destroy the cities with our new weapon, which we had shown the Japanese via tests conducted on Easter Island and in the bombing of Hiroshima?
How does this add to your argument that Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't completely destroyed? Besides, I've never actually seen anything pertaining to the fact that the Japanese LISTENED to the warnings. I know Nagasaki wasn't completely annihilated, but most of the surrounding area WAS affected by radiation.

Rotaretilbo wrote:Hell, the bombing of Dresden was more serious than the atomic attacks. The Dresden firestorm destroyed fifteen square miles of the city. Between Little Boy and Fat Man, only seven square miles of city were destroyed. And Dresden wasn't even of any military or economic value! It was just a densely populated German city known for its culture.
... Rot, we've established that the firebombing in Europe and the Pacific were worse or at least as horrible as the nukes. But, individually, they didn't obliterate an entire city, and didn't give people radiation sickness and render miles of land almost completely uninhabitable for nearly 50 years.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:How does this add to your argument that Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't completely destroyed? Besides, I've never actually seen anything pertaining to the fact that the Japanese LISTENED to the warnings. I know Nagasaki wasn't completely annihilated, but most of the surrounding area WAS affected by radiation.

I'm just pointing out that we didn't just suddenly wake up one morning and say "let's fuck up Japan." We warned them over and over that they could surrender or face horrible consequences. You argue that they hate us for this reason. I argue that if they do, they've fucking retarded.

Nocbl2 wrote:... Rot, we've established that the firebombing in Europe and the Pacific were worse or at least as horrible as the nukes. But, individually, they didn't obliterate an entire city, and didn't give people radiation sickness and render miles of land almost completely uninhabitable for nearly 50 years.

Actually, the fire bombing of Dresden did destroyed the entire city. While fewer died, those who weren't lucky enough to be instantly cremated died very slow, excruciatingly painful deaths. The people in Dresden received no warning (other than from German authorities that an enemy aerial force was going to be bombing nearby Leipzig), and they weren't even a valid military target. And this wasn't a one time thing, either. Dresden was fire bombed NINE TIMES throughout the course of the war. And yet, the Germans don't hate us. Again, this serves to show that if the Japanese are still bitter about the atomic attack, they can go fuck off.

_________________
Marine Life - Page 4 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Barbbachello on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:45 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:How does this add to your argument that Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't completely destroyed? Besides, I've never actually seen anything pertaining to the fact that the Japanese LISTENED to the warnings. I know Nagasaki wasn't completely annihilated, but most of the surrounding area WAS affected by radiation.

I'm just pointing out that we didn't just suddenly wake up one morning and say "let's fuck up Japan." We warned them over and over that they could surrender or face horrible consequences. You argue that they hate us for this reason. I argue that if they do, they've fucking retarded.

Nocbl2 wrote:... Rot, we've established that the firebombing in Europe and the Pacific were worse or at least as horrible as the nukes. But, individually, they didn't obliterate an entire city, and didn't give people radiation sickness and render miles of land almost completely uninhabitable for nearly 50 years.

Actually, the fire bombing of Dresden did destroyed the entire city. While fewer died, those who weren't lucky enough to be instantly cremated died very slow, excruciatingly painful deaths. The people in Dresden received no warning (other than from German authorities that an enemy aerial force was going to be bombing nearby Leipzig), and they weren't even a valid military target. And this wasn't a one time thing, either. Dresden was fire bombed NINE TIMES throughout the course of the war. And yet, the Germans don't hate us. Again, this serves to show that if the Japanese are still bitter about the atomic attack, they can go fuck off.
Marine Life - Page 4 12705510
Barbbachello
Barbbachello
Minion

Male Number of posts : 877
Age : 26
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:28 am

just adressing some things throughout the thread

Kickass, NT

If the US closed its borders we wouldn't be able to sustain our current way of life due to lack of super cheap random shit we dont need. If the US closed its borders, the rest of the world will have to start eating waaay less.

The United States shells out over half of food donations, and on top of that, some estimates put the united states at producing enough food to feed the entire world(its a logistics problem to do so, though)


Proove that the japanese hate us. I dont hate any nations that we have gone to war with in the past, why should they hate us over that reason?


Oh, and about us getting involved... take away some of the moral points people have been making and you are still left with the fact that if we DIDN'T get involved, it would hurt us.

_________________
I AM THE LAW
Marine Life - Page 4 Kasrki10
[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Nocbl2 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 am

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Prove that the japanese hate us. I dont hate any nations that we have gone to war with in the past, why should they hate us over that reason?
... the reason I posted this:

Me wrote:Yeah, we kinda nuked them a few decades ago... yeah, sorry about that Japan. We didn't think it would... you know... obliterate everything.... yeah...
was in response to Spartan 15 saying Japan didn't have to like us. It was a JOKE. I thought some of you might get the Dane Cook reference...


@Rot: Oh... sucks for Dresden, then.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Spartan15 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:14 am

Nocbl2 wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:I'm saying it obliterated everything in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

why is everyone so stuck on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

the firebombing campaign on tokyo killed more people than both the atom bombs combined.
Hm... good point lol. I think most people don't even know what a firebomb is, or that it was used in WWII. v.V
Interesting point..... I can't say i'm very familiar with firebombs in WWII but you learn something new every day
Spartan15
Spartan15
Minion

Male Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-01-12

http://www.halowars.com

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Indecisive One. on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:40 am

Weren't firebombs tied to bats and they would roost in japanese buildings?
Indecisive One.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Male Number of posts : 349
Age : 25
Location : Canton Ohio
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Nocbl2 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:47 am

Pancakes are amazing! wrote:Weren't firebombs tied to bats and they would roost in japanese buildings?
Sounds plausible. But I've never heard of that. Google might help
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Rotaretilbo on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:18 am

There was a campaign where we tied firebombs to bats. Can't recall what it was called, though.

_________________
Marine Life - Page 4 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Indecisive One. on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:33 am

Thats probably because the operation was never put into action. It was researched greatly and proven to work but the military never used the bat bomb.
Indecisive One.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Male Number of posts : 349
Age : 25
Location : Canton Ohio
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Spartan15 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:29 am

Kasrkin Seath wrote:just adressing some things throughout the thread

Kickass, NT

If the US closed its borders we wouldn't be able to sustain our current way of life due to lack of super cheap random shit we dont need. If the US closed its borders, the rest of the world will have to start eating waaay less.

The United States shells out over half of food donations, and on top of that, some estimates put the united states at producing enough food to feed the entire world(its a logistics problem to do so, though)


Proove that the japanese hate us. I dont hate any nations that we have gone to war with in the past, why should they hate us over that reason?


Well perhaps i was going on past history with the Japanese hating you. Maybe they don't now but i do know that years ago they used to have a strong disliking for America and Australia but i guess it's all past history. Indeed why hold grudges on other countries now when all these wars and things happened many years ago??
Spartan15
Spartan15
Minion

Male Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-01-12

http://www.halowars.com

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Indecisive One. on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:48 am

Spartan15 wrote:
Kasrkin Seath wrote:just adressing some things throughout the thread

Kickass, NT

If the US closed its borders we wouldn't be able to sustain our current way of life due to lack of super cheap random shit we dont need. If the US closed its borders, the rest of the world will have to start eating waaay less.

The United States shells out over half of food donations, and on top of that, some estimates put the united states at producing enough food to feed the entire world(its a logistics problem to do so, though)


Proove that the japanese hate us. I dont hate any nations that we have gone to war with in the past, why should they hate us over that reason?








Exactly.





Well perhaps i was going on past history with the Japanese hating you. Maybe they don't now but i do know that years ago they used to have a strong disliking for America and Australia but i guess it's all past history. Indeed why hold grudges on other countries now when all these wars and things happened many years ago??


Last edited by Pancakes are amazing! on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong)
Indecisive One.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Male Number of posts : 349
Age : 25
Location : Canton Ohio
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Indecisive One. on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:50 am

That exactly under kaskrin seath isn't supposed to be there. Stupid school computer messed it up.
Indecisive One.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Male Number of posts : 349
Age : 25
Location : Canton Ohio
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Indecisive One. on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:56 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:There was a campaign where we tied firebombs to bats. Can't recall what it was called, though.



Wikipedia said it was called Operation X-ray. But we all know how accurate that can be.
Indecisive One.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Male Number of posts : 349
Age : 25
Location : Canton Ohio
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Cheese on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:20 am

Pancakes are amazing! wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:There was a campaign where we tied firebombs to bats. Can't recall what it was called, though.



Wikipedia said it was called Operation X-ray. But we all know how accurate that can be.

Is that the one where they all flew off to local barns? He he he

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Age : 29
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Marine Life - Page 4 Empty Re: Marine Life

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum