Halo: Reach

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Gauz on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:38 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:
Gauz wrote:Anyways, I think customizable weapons and... over characterized spartans is a turn in the wrong way.

Over characterized? OMG HIS ARMOR IS RED AND BLACK AND HIS IS GREEN AND RED!!! ALL IS LOST!!!! HALO IS DEAD!!!! ITS TERRIBLE!!!

Yeah, I don't think so.
Stop your fucking exaggerating with CAPS LOCK, it doesn't make you look intelligent to point out the color of his armour and nor does it make you intelligent to exaggerate what someone said for your own stupid point. I never said all is lost, this is what I will say however. SPARTAN's are not supposed to have personalities for any reason, why they would paint on their armour I don't know, or who authorized that... All is not lost, contrary to what you think, but it's different and different in a bad, not good, way.


EDIT:Maybe I shouldn't be so mean...
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:16 pm

Yeah, Because you've never used caps like that before before Gauz. /sarcasm

Oh no. Feelings! Getting! Hurt! Don't! Be! So! Mean!

Yeah, the Spartans having personality is not a big deal. Master Cheif had some. (very little) But still had some. Spartans are still humans and humans have personality. Does the painting of skulls and other colors serve any purpose? No. Why do they do it? Hmmm...Because they can!


Last edited by RockaHolicGameR on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Onyxknight on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Personaly i think the idea is ok but i can deal with minor things and what can we say is cannon or not Bungie has the rule book on cannon (and dont say OMG but what about whats already stated or inslated in stone about halo) now maybe they're bending some things to make the game more custommizable SP and keep its core gameplay
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Age : 26
Location : wherever i want to be....maybe in your house o.O
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Felix on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:22 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:Yeah, Because you've never used caps like that before before Gauz. /sarcasm

Oh no. Feelings! Getting! Hurt! Don't! Be! So! Mean!

Yeah, the Spartans having personality is not a big deal. Master Cheif had some. (very little) But still had some. Sparats are still humans and humans have personality. Does the painting of skulls and other colors serve any purpose? No. Why do they do it? Hmmm...Because they can!

I never really liked the excuse "because they can". It would be like them saying "screw the rules, we have money".

Anyway, if I recall correctly, it was to give them their own "feel" to them. In a game after all, they can't give you a description of a character, like in a book per-say. They have to give you the details of character without having to read endless text after text about them.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Age : 27
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:23 pm

Agred Onyx. About Bungie having the rule book. It's funny how people are still on edge even when Bungie is making the game. I guess Nylund is higher then Bungie. Razz
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Vtrooper on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:26 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:Agred Onyx. About Bungie having the rule book. It's funny how people are still on edge even when Bungie is making the game. I guess Nylund is higher then Bungie. Razz

actually Staten is...
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Location : The reaches of Space
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Felix wrote:
I never really liked the excuse "because they can". It would be like them saying "screw the rules, we have money".

Anyway, if I recall correctly, it was to give them their own "feel" to them. In a game after all, they can't give you a description of a character, like in a book per-say. They have to give you the details of character without having to read endless text after text about them.

Well that too. Unless the Spartans HUD actually shows who your looking at. Then you wouldn't know who's who unless they spoke. Or if size is easy to tell.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Gauz on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:40 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:Yeah, Because you've never used caps like that before before Gauz. /sarcasm

Oh no. Feelings! Getting! Hurt! Don't! Be! So! Mean!

Yeah, the Spartans having personality is not a big deal. Master Cheif had some. (very little) But still had some. Spartans are still humans and humans have personality. Does the painting of skulls and other colors serve any purpose? No. Why do they do it? Hmmm...Because they can!
The Master Cheif had a personality you say? If by personality you mean "BEEP BOOP CANNOT COMPREHEND", then you're right. He was a freaking robot, the only thing he did to remotely characterize himself is make some suggestive movements while eyeing Cortana up.

And I do try to not use all caps in attempt to ridicule someone i'm arguing with, mainly because ALL CAPS doesn't make you look smart. My feelings hurt you say? If by hurt you mean completely unaffected by your silly key then yes, you're right.

Onyxknight wrote:Personaly i think the idea is ok but i can deal with minor things and what can we say is cannon or not Bungie has the rule book on cannon (and dont say OMG but what about whats already stated or inslated in stone about halo) now maybe they're bending some things to make the game more custommizable SP and keep its core gameplay
So i'll assume if Bungie made it so Captain Hook exited slipspace bombing Earth cities with a fruitcake and tampon canon while the Master Chief and Cortana have a party with magical, sexy space gnomes it'd be fine?


RockaHolicGameR wrote:Agred Onyx. About Bungie having the rule book. It's funny how people are still on edge even when Bungie is making the game. I guess Nylund is higher then Bungie. Razz
Eric Nylund does Halo better than Bugies own writer (Joseph Staten, who can't write a book as good as Nylund about his own universe for shit) and he didn't even make the damn universe!


Last edited by Gauz on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Ringleader on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:44 pm

:face:
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 28
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Rotaretilbo on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Ziggy wrote:The point that I forgot to make was that such trivial canon, like the difference in assault rifles, is really really really fucking pointless and you shouldn't be complaining about it. Of course if there was a massive void in the plot that made no sense, then you've got every right to cause a stir, but honestly, a fucking assualt rifle? Who gives a shit? In the end you're having a blast killing aliens, and the main story is intact, so who cares?

And because of this attitude, subpar and below subpar storywriting in games will continue to sell, because we will continue to say "well, the gameplay was decent, and while the story contradicted itself a hundred times in minor ways, we shouldn't demand something better than that, because we, the consumer, have no right to ask for something above subpar.

RockaHolicGameR wrote:Over characterized? OMG HIS ARMOR IS RED AND BLACK AND HIS IS GREEN AND RED!!! ALL IS LOST!!!! HALO IS DEAD!!!! ITS TERRIBLE!!!

Yeah, I don't think so.

For fuck's sake, the aspect that most made Spartans badass was the fact that they were fucking uniform. They were like one entity that came and raped the fuck out of enemies. Their unity was bordering on being hiveminded. This individuality shit is the wrong direction. And no, it isn't just the fucking color (though, what the fuck is with the color?); they don't even wear distinctly similar armor! Any vague similarities were destroyed entirely by the color.

RockaHolicGameR wrote:Yeah, the Spartans having personality is not a big deal. Master Cheif had some. (very little) But still had some. Spartans are still humans and humans have personality. Does the painting of skulls and other colors serve any purpose? No. Why do they do it? Hmmm...Because they can!

Spartans don't do shit "because they can." Primarily because drawing on one's armor is prohibited, and while the officers might not give two shits and the grunts might do it all the time, Spartans don't break rules.

Furthermore, another thing that made Spartans so badass was that they weren't trying to be badass: they just were. This skull is like screaming "look at me, I'm badass! PROMISE!"

RockaHolicGameR wrote:Agred Onyx. About Bungie having the rule book. It's funny how people are still on edge even when Bungie is making the game. I guess Nylund is higher then Bungie. Razz

Considering that Bungie dictated exactly what went into the first Nylund novel, and that Nylund's novels were all inspired and abided by the Halo Story Bible? Bungie > Nylund, but Halo Story Bible > all. Just because Bungie made it doesn't mean it doesn't contradict what Bungie has already done. Bungie is not infallible.

_________________
Halo: Reach - Page 3 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 30
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Gauz wrote:
The Master Cheif had a personality you say? If by personality you mean "BEEP BOOP CANNOT COMPREHEND", then you're right. He was a freaking robot, the only thing he did to remotely characterize himself is make some suggestive movements while eyeing Cortana up.

No he had some personality. Like I said Very very little but he had some. He was very caring for his team if you remember. I can't recall every single moment of his personality but it's there.

Gauz wrote:And I do try to not use all caps in attempt to ridicule someone i'm arguing with, mainly because ALL CAPS doesn't make you look smart. My feelings hurt you say? If by hurt you mean completely unaffected by your silly key then yes, you're right.

Well Yes I shouldn't have used caps in the manner that I did but it was not a sign a intelligence that I was going for. No, more just to show yelling/shouting. That's all. But your guilty of it too Gauz. Everyone is. It's the interent afterall.

And no I didn't mean your feelings. I meant mine. You said "maybe I shouldn't be so mean". So I was joking when I said that. But I meant myself, not you.


Gauz wrote:Eric Nylund does Halo better than Bugies own writer (Joseph Staten, who can't write a book as good as Nylund about his own universe for shit) and he didn't even make the damn universe!

Well that's an opinion. But even so. It still does not change the fact that it is Bungie's universe that they created.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Gauz on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:59 pm

Master Chief has personality, I forgot to mention though, in the books. In the games he has almost none, he's an uncaring robot that doesn't care the slightenst when anyone around him is dying the most horrifc of ways, like being turned into a combat form (which is an extremely painful, fun process to watch).
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:09 pm

If all the spartans in this group had absolutly no emotion or personality then wouldn't that be extremely boring and dull? Sence your obviously going to be hanging around them for a while because your the 6th man.

Or is that ok because it would be canon?
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Felix on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Well I'm going to buy it, and I think it looks cool. So yah...
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Age : 27
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:31 pm

Felix wrote:Well I'm going to buy it, and I think it looks cool. So yah...

Same here.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Gauz on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:33 pm

I might get it, depending on what I see from other people who bought it.


And I realize they're trying hard to make it look nice and give them emotion to tell them apart, but I just think it should be done.... with more subtly. Like... not painting yourself neon red so a jackal sniper could spot you two continents away.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by KrAzY on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:21 pm

the red doesn't bother me as much as the blue... nothing....NOTHING in nature is bright blue

elites are blue... and because of that are easy as hell to spot while playing... I guess those S-III's are just trying to get themselfs killed so they don't have to be in later games


trying to get yourself killed is the only reason I can conceive of obscuring 80% of your vision with a scratched in skull...
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Felix on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:32 pm

KrAzY wrote:

trying to get yourself killed is the only reason I can conceive of obscuring 80% of your vision with a scratched in skull...

If you're going to die, at least die looking badass.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Age : 27
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by JB on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Felix wrote:
KrAzY wrote:

trying to get yourself killed is the only reason I can conceive of obscuring 80% of your vision with a scratched in skull...

If you're going to die, at least die looking badass.

Yea, its like if you fall of a cliff do a flip or something. Or if you know you're gonna get shot charge the bastard Razz.

I'd have to say that there is a very high possability that he can see through it? I'm sure there'd be 1 sided paint or something in the future..
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Age : 26
Location : Believe me... You do not want to know O_o
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Rotaretilbo on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:27 pm

One-sided paint that just so happens to emulate the exact look of scratched glass?

_________________
Halo: Reach - Page 3 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 30
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by dragoon9105 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:32 pm

he was obviously an artist before the war
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:34 pm

I just can't understand why this Spartan having a skull on his helmet is such a crime. There could be a hundreds of explanations why it doesn't obscure his visions. This is 2552 after all. While most of the tech the UNSC has still looks pretty familiar, I think they can manage having someway of this guy have a skull on his face mask and not having it get in the way of his sight.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Gold Spartan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Rock, if it doesn't affect Line of Sight, then why don't any of the other Spartans do that? Why use an EVA helmet if you're going to scratch most of the glass on the Visor's surface? WHY would a Spartan. who's trained to fight since they were about 8 suddenly decide "Hey, I'm going to be different than everyother established Spartan ever created! It's not going to be noticed at all!"

But yeah, the bright blue is just ridiculous. Where the hell are you going to find BRIGHT BLUE in ANY environment? Unless you like being a Jackal Sniper's favorite target, I see no reason for it.
The Needle Rifle, I have no comment on this. It's just retarded. The "New" assault rifle doesn't bother me as much as the new troop transports we've never heard of until now.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Gauz on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Felix wrote:
KrAzY wrote:

trying to get yourself killed is the only reason I can conceive of obscuring 80% of your vision with a scratched in skull...

If you're going to die, at least die looking badass.
I don't know about you, but stumbling around like a drunkard because you can't see isn't very badass Razz

dragoon9105 wrote:he was obviously an artist before the war
Ahh yes, the 4 year old picasso Very Happy
RockaHolicGameR wrote:I just can't understand why this Spartan having a skull on his helmet is such a crime. There could be a hundreds of explanations why it doesn't obscure his visions. This is 2552 after all. While most of the tech the UNSC has still looks pretty familiar, I think they can manage having someway of this guy have a skull on his face mask and not having it get in the way of his sight.
Like magic? OR forerunner magic?! Not really, i'm assuming they have visors to see through, unless the glass somehow doubles as a camera, which would still be useless considering that fuck drew over it in desperate attempt to die.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Rock, if it doesn't affect Line of Sight, then why don't any of the other Spartans do that?
Because there all not the same person. That's his persona. He kills for a living and he enjoys it.


Gold Spartan5 wrote:Why use an EVA helmet if you're going to scratch most of the glass on the Visor's surface?
Use an EVA because it has the most face plate surface to put a skull on it. Maybe he just like's the EVA helmet best.

Gold Spartan5 wrote:WHY would a Spartan. who's trained to fight since they were about 8 suddenly decide "Hey, I'm going to be different than everyother established Spartan ever created! It's not going to be noticed at all!"
Again. I say it's just his persona. He kills his whole life and he enjoys it. Oh wait Spartans aren't allowed to have personalitys? Well why not? There're human aren't they? Or did the drugs take all that away.

I have only read FoR, The Flood, GoO, First strike once. So If I'm missing something from them, I'm sorry.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum