Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Reach

+39
Zaki90
MrX
Ruski
CivBase
KristallNacht
Elabajaba
noir
TYFIGHTER
Barbbachello
Offensive Bias
A_Bearded_Swede
Prasheed
PiEdude
Lord Pheonix
RX
Kasrkin Seath
Angatar
TNine
Onyxknight
Death no More
Vigil
Ringleader
Dud Doodoo
Ukurse
Rotaretilbo
BBJynne
Ziggy
Nocbl2
KrAzY
dragoon9105
Rasq'uire'laskar
JB
Felix
Cheese
Gold Spartan
XNate02
Vtrooper
Gauz
Divine Virus
43 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 12 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Felix Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Gauz wrote:Are you sure? Pretty soon bungie's going to reveal MC to be John Forge.

Pretty sure. And I'll let you continue to think that.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:06 pm

Felix wrote:
Gauz wrote:Are you sure? Pretty soon bungie's going to reveal MC to be John Forge.

Pretty sure. And I'll let you continue to think that.

...He didn't mean it literally, he was bringing up the idea of how little changes will eventually compile into big changes to a point where the final product is unrecognizable.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:18 pm

Two conflicting groups here, from what I can see. The hardcore guys who hate what is happening to halo, and feel Bungie is bieng stupid, and the more laid-back people who won't give a shit until some major change happens. This arguement is pointless, as no opinions will be changed. Move on. Forgot about the fucking demon face already(I refuse to call it a skull)
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Ringleader wrote:Yeah...

confused

I do apologize for the recent fanboy trolling, I thought it up while playing online with some buddies, and it seemed kinda funny to see your reactions. I do agree, bungie is losing its touch, but these little changes seem moreover minimal (yes they can lead to big things) but we can't really give a full on "dislike" until we get the whole picture. It's like saying you don't like a book when you only get half the details and you have to read the rest of it to figure out the rest.
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:24 pm

No matter what your opinion, I think we can all agree that Bungie isn't as cool as it used to be.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Hell, there probably not even cool enough for school...
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:20 pm

I won't mind as long as Emile doesn't get too fancy with it.

If the Spartans are just ruthless killing machines, and Emile the epitome with his cold, emotionless demon's face, it will be cool.

If he's blurting out badass comments every five seconds, they better be pretty fucking epic ("To war" anyone xD). But even then, i don't like the idea of him being so dramatic, it's not a Spartan style.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:24 pm

TNine wrote:I won't mind as long as Emile doesn't get too fancy with it.

If the Spartans are just ruthless killing machines, and Emile the epitome with his cold, emotionless demon's face, it will be cool.

If he's blurting out badass comments every five seconds, they better be pretty fucking epic ("To war" anyone xD). But even then, i don't like the idea of him being so dramatic, it's not a Spartan style.
My main problem is...Why have we never heard of this before? WHY does the book on reach have all the Spartans looking EXACTLY alike, yet Bungie went out of their way to make them all different. WTH is with the M&M colors? Granted, for a squad based game they ALL can't look exactly alike, but I mean, really? There is nothing ruthless about a guy who appeals to the goth crowd.
but yeah, this arguement is pointless, as neither side is going to budge, or see that both sides are sort of right.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:38 pm

I see how you guys are right, but I'm not going to disregard the game because of the insistant commenting on the fucking skull/head/demon thing on this spartans face as that is ALL that has been argued about for the most part. It's fucking rediculous is what it is. Yes it's stupid, it breaks canon, but ya gotta open your mind a tad to it not just call it for breaking canon and posting facts and so on. I mean its a game, it's supposed to be unrealistic in some way.
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:52 pm

If this were a movie, people would be going apeshit about it. Were it a novel, people would be going apeshit. Why is it than within the digital medias, it is only within games where it is totally ok if the plot contradicts itself and isn't average or below average? Why is it that when we demand something better than the average shit most developers put out, we're suddenly the bad guys. "Oh, but it's still fun, guys." Every fucking game out there is fun. There are almost no games on the market being seriously advertised that aren't actually fun. When it comes from deciding what games are really worth our money, we can't just rely on it being fun. I mean, movies are supposed to entertain, right? But I guarantee you that you'll have a hard time finding a movie that won't entertain you a little bit. Why, then, did Avatar outsell everything in existence? Plot! Attention to DETAILS! That's what makes an average product ABOVE AVERAGE!
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:52 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:If this were a movie, people would be going apeshit about it. Were it a novel, people would be going apeshit. Why is it than within the digital medias, it is only within games where it is totally ok if the plot contradicts itself and isn't average or below average? Why is it that when we demand something better than the average shit most developers put out, we're suddenly the bad guys. "Oh, but it's still fun, guys." Every fucking game out there is fun. There are almost no games on the market being seriously advertised that aren't actually fun. When it comes from deciding what games are really worth our money, we can't just rely on it being fun. I mean, movies are supposed to entertain, right? But I guarantee you that you'll have a hard time finding a movie that won't entertain you a little bit. Why, then, did Avatar outsell everything in existence? Plot! Attention to DETAILS! That's what makes an average product ABOVE AVERAGE!

haha Avatar having plot... oh that killed me...

OT: I can't believe people are judging it so harshly now, when we have nothing to go on. We have two trailers, and a few screenshots, but that's about it. I understand, spartans haven't personalities (well, that are shown anyway) is not really spartan-y(?)

But, if they break a few canon things (which has been done before) to make the gameplay better, then I'm all for it.

If they break a lot of canon rules (ala Halo Wars style) for the sake of gameplay, then no. A few things is alright.

Anyway, I'll hold my judgement whether or not Bungie has things under control after the game comes out.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:10 am

Ok guys now we can bitch out Sgt.Johnson for smoking those cigars, I mean that obviously limited his combat capabilities. I was like wow who would go to that extent to look like a class A bad ass at the cost of combat expertise, oh well Very Happy

ok im done with making fun with the situation Very Happy , I just had to get that last comment out of my system.

But yea we should just join together and agree to disagree Very Happy
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:17 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:If this were a movie, people would be going apeshit about it. Were it a novel, people would be going apeshit. Why is it than within the digital medias, it is only within games where it is totally ok if the plot contradicts itself and isn't average or below average? Why is it that when we demand something better than the average shit most developers put out, we're suddenly the bad guys. "Oh, but it's still fun, guys." Every fucking game out there is fun. There are almost no games on the market being seriously advertised that aren't actually fun. When it comes from deciding what games are really worth our money, we can't just rely on it being fun. I mean, movies are supposed to entertain, right? But I guarantee you that you'll have a hard time finding a movie that won't entertain you a little bit. Why, then, did Avatar outsell everything in existence? Plot! Attention to DETAILS! That's what makes an average product ABOVE AVERAGE!

haha Avatar having plot... oh that killed me...

Avatar had a plot, it was just used before. The thing is, it improved greatly upon it and, as Rot said, went above and beyond with special effects and attention to detail.

OT: I can't believe people are judging it so harshly now, when we have nothing to go on. We have two trailers, and a few screenshots, but that's about it. I understand, spartans haven't personalities (well, that are shown anyway) is not really spartan-y(?)

Were only judging what we can see? are we no allowed/supposed to do this?

EVERYONE BURY YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND!

But, if they break a few canon things (which has been done before) to make the gameplay better, then I'm all for it.

Having or not having the skull isn't going to change the game play, it WILL affect the story and style of the game. Spartans should be lean CLEAN fighting machines, being mean or mean looking is not in their job description. The whole thing is entirely a story/style issue, it has nothing to do with how and with what weapons you use to kill your enemies.

If they break a lot of canon rules (ala Halo Wars style) for the sake of gameplay, then no. A few things is alright.

Like I said, game play will not be altered positively or negatively because a Spartan has a skull scratched over his view screen, it is completely independent from game play, so saying it is a good thing or bad thing for "game plays" sake is a moot point..

Anyway, I'll hold my judgement whether or not Bungie has things under control after the game comes out.

Why wait for them to muss things up further? I knew Halo Wars was going south long before its final release, at least I did, with the Cyclops and other unmentionables... We could really send Bungie a message, literally send them a message saying: "Please remove the skull image from Emile's face." and seeing how it has nothing to do with game play, nor is it a huge demand, they might seriously consider removing it, if we make it known that it would be better if the skull was removed instead of pretending like nothing is there and everything's fine.

We shouldn't act like we cant affect the direction a company is going, Bungie is not a gigantic, government sized institution, they are more likely to listen to advice if we present it convincingly and cohesively, and show how many people share the same concerns in respect to the skull scratched on Emile's helmet, and the whole helmet thing would be a start, as I see it, people are going to buy it anyway, so who's going to keep the Bungie in check as they eventually morph the franchise into a bastardized MW2 spinoff? with thier gol-dern perks...

and if people are going to buy it either way, then there really is no problem.

I move for, instead of endlessly debating this point any further, I say Rasq (as he seems to agree with the whole helmet thing being a bad idea) should write up a petition, where we get people to sign it who have significantly affected the halo community, and thier personal concerns with the direction of the Halo franchise, AND the contributions they have personally made to the fan base.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Prasheed Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:40 am

I just hope its better than ODST. I love Halo but id really like to see something new. Of course I'm more into multiplayer anyway so innovation there is what ill be grading the game by.
Prasheed
Prasheed
Minion

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:03 pm

From what i've heard, they're not true perks. They're more like Active Camo/Oversheild, something to be found and controlled, admittedly weaker though (the new Active Camo has a shorter duration and it messes up your radar/hearing).

I'm fairly sure Sprint is the default that you spawn with, then you can go find others. Adds an interesting element to gameplay.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:35 am

Their essentially pieces of equipment that has a recharge timer.

You can only have one at a time and you can swap them out at supply points.

From the sounds of it, I assume it's like the Arbiter's Active camo in Halo 2, and they made it possible to swap that ability for another one if needed.

If this makes it's way into multiplayer (Which I see no reason why it wouldn't) we'll see a rather basic version of the perk based system of COD.

As I was quoted once.

HALO IS NOT FUCKING CALL OF DUTY.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:41 am

Vigil wrote:
HALO IS NOT FUCKING CALL OF DUTY.
"The More You Know."
From Vigil.

Anyways.
I'm fine with this perk system if you can turn them off in customs.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:00 pm

With perks, you choose what you spawn with. In this, it seems you can just pick up equipment from around the map.

Would you call Active Camo or Overshield perks? Same thing.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Perks? CoD style?

I'm forever done with halo, fuck you Bungie, and FUCK YOU Micro$oft.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Vigil wrote:HALO IS NOT FUCKING CALL OF DUTY.

"We did not have sexual relations with that franchise."

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:02 pm

BBJynne wrote:
Vigil wrote:HALO IS NOT FUCKING CALL OF DUTY.

"We did not have sexual relations with that franchise."
Can't...
Stop...
Laughing...

Gauz wrote:Perks? CoD style?

They aren't CoD style perks.
They're more like equipment, genius.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Gauz wrote:Perks? CoD style?

IT'S NOT DAMN PERKS!
IT'S JUST A NEW VERSION OF EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:18 pm

Rasq, you should make a petition calling for the removal of Emile's skull from his helmet.

I'LL sign it...
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Rechargeable equipment...

I don't care what you call it, it sounds like perks. Perks are ment to give you special abilities, and these "Armour Abilities" are also meant to do that.

So they're perks.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:02 pm

:QC:
Divine Virus
Divine Virus