Halo: Reach

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Ringleader on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Hmm, sweet.

As it turns out, I guess those leaked screenshots were real.

Oh, nice, spirit drop ships AND Phantoms.

I wish they would just, make additions, instead of COMPLETELY replacing the Assault Rifle, like the other model dissipated from existence, like they should have all the content from the previous games in the next addition.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Ziggy wrote:The point that I forgot to make was that such trivial canon, like the difference in assault rifles, is really really really fucking pointless and you shouldn't be complaining about it. Of course if there was a massive void in the plot that made no sense, then you've got every right to cause a stir, but honestly, a fucking assualt rifle? Who gives a shit? In the end you're having a blast killing aliens, and the main story is intact, so who cares?

And cheers Rot, that made me laugh.
Because it clashes with other stuff.

I would compare it to finding out santa's not real for the first time.

The plasma rhino, MAC strike, Hellbringers, Grizzyly, gremlin, wolverine, cobra, CYCLOPS, Hawks, Vulture, pod, locust, vampire, thrasher forms, swarm forms, bomber forms, disruption and cryo bombs were not used in any other games. Which is why I don't consider it canon at all. Like dud said, its the small differences that count, and there are many differences in these images alone.

The weapons had sex and made children apparently and the spartans got bored and colored on their armour for personality fun and they introduced a new dropship we've never seen or heard about before. Unless it has a stealth system and many of these were flying around unbeknownst to us, it bothers me.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 pm

Gauz wrote:
I would compare it to finding out santa's not real for the first time.
Closer to having Indy go after alien artifacts, or having the Force made powerful by little germs, or having massive Robot armies that came and disappeared.

Gauz wrote:The plasma rhino, MAC strike, Hellbringers, Grizzyly, gremlin, wolverine, cobra, CYCLOPS, Hawks, Vulture, pod, locust, vampire, thrasher forms, swarm forms, bomber forms, disruption and cryo bombs were not used in any other games.
If that's the criteria you used, the Spartan Laser and Brute weapons aren't canon at all.

It's how well they FIT into established canon. The Wolverine, Sparrowhawk, Locust, and the Disruption Bomb all fit rather well into the current arsenal. They looked like the UNSC/Covenant would use them. But that's where the plasma Rhino, MAC Strike, Hellbringers, Grizzly (Oh, it came so close) Gremlin, Cobra, Vulture, Pod, Vampire, Aerial Flood Forms, Cyro Bomb, and Cyclops all failed.

Gauz wrote:The weapons had sex and made children apparently and the spartans got bored and colored on their armour for personality fun and they introduced a new dropship we've never seen or heard about before. Unless it has a stealth system and many of these were flying around unbeknownst to us, it bothers me.
I can accept the armor perms as Mjolnir Mk IV, although I wish that chick wasn't blue and the guy didn't have the skull.

And all of the (Canon) times we've played Halo, there's been Pelicans. But we've also been in situations where we were deployed from space (No turboprops for you!) or have just received a massive pounding.
So, I can see a troop carrier that's intended for intra-atmospheric use only, or for use in areas where combat isn't expected to take place. Free up more Pelicans for front-line duties.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:41 pm

You have to understand that this is still, in fact, a video game.

Yes I agree that you can't just go screwing around with anything in the story. But, they can't just keep doing the same exact stuff, with the same exact weapons and the same exact vehicles.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:44 pm

I can accept the new troop carrier...

the spartans piss me off a lot.... they shouldn't be multi colored... as they are spartans... not Space Marines... SLIGHT armor perms are okay.... but wtf is up with jorge's action thermast and retarded looking helmet?

I know what they are thinking here "republic commando was colored and nobody complained about that"... well the alternative to having the color is being bright white there... they have already gutted the "Spartans look identical" by super, over the top, modifying the silhouettes of each character... they don't need to be different colors too...
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:22 pm

my only problem is with the spartans.

the Assault rifle im fine with (although i prefer the old one) maybe we can go with the idea its an older model salvaged or a customized weapon (like a silencer built into it or something for blackops)

but the bright colors get on my nerves, its Bungie's way of trying to make standout chracters that we will remember (since most of the multiplayer commnity of halo will ever play through the story at most twice). and the whole skull helmet idea is a massive ripoff from ghost's mask in CodMW2.

I have one thing to say i hope these M&M colored spartans all die horrible deaths at my own hands. (and i dont mean teamkilling)
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:47 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:And the whole skull helmet idea is a massive ripoff from ghost's mask in CodMW2.

Yes, because we all know no one has ever had a skull mask before. /sarcasm
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:55 pm

not the the close proximity of Cod4,2 coming out and then revealing the team of spartans.... it just seems a bit convient. Then again i still hate the idea of a spartan desecrating his helmet like that i mean thats just asking to get shot in the head.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Well don't ask me to post one but I'm sure there's one out there that closely resembles Ghost's mask. I'm not talking just in Video games either, in all media. Everything can be traced back to something.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 pm

I thought he looks more like one of the twats from Army of two, but that's just me.

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Actually propellers are more efficient at lower altitudes then jet engines are, but they are still turbo props (jet boosted props), that should still be covered some what, like the Gunships in Avatar, with some protective nacelle or an integrated canard or something, the props definitely do stick out as being obscure and over the top. The new transport is just really unnecessary, even it if it smaller, I mean, a Hornet can carry at least 4 people in it, and you could probably "José" a few more of them on there if you tried, and the new thing just looks out of place, even if they were going for something different, they could have at least kept it good looking. The hornet was actually pretty cool (although I probably would have preferred different engines), it certainly looked more "Halo" then this Falcon, even if its shape is significantly more different then that of the original Pelican. Same with the Assault rifle, it actually doesn't look proper because even though the shape is, somewhat constant, it doesn't convey the same stylization of the original assault rifle (unless it is the actual assault rifle in the nude), looking at the top and edges and handle, it would have been preferable to have made it differently shaped, but at least kept some style elements the same, and it shouldn't be a replacement as much as an addition, what's the deal with all these weapons evaporating when a new gone comes out?

All the Spartan IIIs should look 80% the same, with some SPI themed Mjolnir suit, I am sure customizing trillion dollar battle armor is not like going to build a bear workshop and slapping together some Frankenstein's monster, and it bothers me that you are able to do it on the fly. I guess it's not that much of a stretch, seeing as in all the Halo games, you are able to pick up some temporary booster, like Active Camo, or Overshields, but integrating it into your suit? I guess I'll have to wait and see, it probably wont bother me that much when I play it, so long as it doesn't turn into the perk system of MW2

While Jorge, SHOULD 100% LOOK LIKE MASTER CHIEF FROM HALO 1!!!, WHY IS HE A WALKING ODST/SIII/H3?/TANK?!, seriously, it would have been a good idea to at least make it seem as though the Spartan IIs are still one cohesive force, even if they are millions of light years apart, and it would have even looked better too...

...and all of them should be sage color, like the original, really people, the idea behind the color is not getting shot at because you stick out like sore thumb while sneaking around.

Two more pseudo-snipers? is that really necessary? I mean, wasn't it already a big enough mistake introducing the battle rifle to Halo combat? I hate this shift over to long range combat, if it is a squad based game, being able to kill the enemy from halfway across the map ins't going to force/persuade you to STAY as a tight, close knit team, nor will it allow you to enjoy the new Covenant facade, if they are bad ass, then let them come at me, with guns'a'blazing, I would rather do some eXXXtreme maneuvers, like, flipping around two enemies, sticking one, shotgunning another, while jumping off of a building, instead of just, sitting in a corner... waiting for a grunt to go by like some MW2 camping, auto head sniping B$, MW2 is not a game you should want to model yourself after, its boring, and really messed up at a core level... It's not even a game! it's a virtual JOB!, its just Prestiging and nothing else! Looking at Halo CE, like, if they had just tuned down the pistol, just a teensy bit.... the gameplay would have been PERFECT!, and they SHOULD have learned form thier mistakes, about having long range superguns, cuz Halo CE was, was, was so much fun and... But alas, no...

What the hell is the point of perpetuating sniper tactics? that is not at all what Halo is about, it is about Combat EVOLVING, from lame ass, sitting in corners and waiting for an enemy who is legitimately looking for some action and popping them in the head... Where is the skill in that? Halo it is about thinking on the spot, and doing crazy maneuvers that end up killing 10 people in a row, now, if you look up Killionaire on Youtube, you will see battle rifle, and sniper rifle...

How lame...

The whole ranking thing, just, ruined everything so much, imma cry...

But, it really doesn't look so bad, I would prefer for more vibrancy and majesty, instead of darkish, monochromatic vistas, but so long as they get the general formula right, it probably wont bother me too much.

I would like for the Spartans to all be sage green, jumping through a blue sky with white puffy clouds over a bright green meadow with red wildflowers, shooting yellow bullets at pink enemies, spraying turquoise, glow-in-the dark blood, not jumping through a dark hazy sky, shooting dark, hazy bullets at dull enemies. It looks more promising in terms of punctuated color presiding over colored vistas like in Halo 3, and the lighting definitely looks better too, but it just doesn't fit the bill. I like big vistas and I cannot lie, you know? I want to look over a cliff at infinity and see myself...
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Well, I don't really wanna argue about how Ring things it's more tactical and/or "legit" to go in charging at people, guns a-blaze and things like that...

Anyway, I still thinks it looks good.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:57 pm

but the thing is halo is going in storming guns ablaze but then taking cover when the time is right. not sitting back in legendary with a battle rifle/sniper picking off grunts with headshots while the people who storm in with assault rifles are punished for their own choice.

CoD supports camping with its perk system and life system.

in Halo CE you needed to be GOOD and i mean very good to snipe. the pistol was a bit overpowered and the shotgun was unbalanced but you couldn't use the pistol without continually moving.

Two diffrent games but the masses get confused by varied play and want everything to be familiar Halo players complain about "CoD" players in halo, and Cod players complain about "Halo" players running around spraying like crazy in hardcore.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:33 am

Gold Spartan5 wrote:The Needle rifle was a real screen.....Wow.....
I... want to cry now.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Halo Reach Info Blowout!

AKA: A summery of info you can gather from the articles in the scans I posted. (in case you didn't wanna read them)
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:35 pm

i think we should get planning ready to try and make our own machinima, if anyone wants to that is
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:51 pm

Mereel wrote:i think we should get planning ready to try and make our own machinima, if anyone wants to that is

You mean using Halo Reach? Yeah that, of course, would be cool. But, getting everyone to do it and cooperate would be a challange.

I'd be all up for it if it actually happend. Making a machinina series based off of TCF would be pretty sweet IMO. Smile
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:52 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:
Mereel wrote:i think we should get planning ready to try and make our own machinima, if anyone wants to that is

You mean using Halo Reach? Yeah that, of course, would be cool. But, getting everyone to do it and cooperate would be a challange.

I'd be all up for it if it actually happend. Making a machinina series based off of TCF would be pretty sweet IMO. Smile

i was thinking along other lines but atleast some one else thinks its a good idea
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Well, I've always thought it would be funny to have little spoof's of members on this site. It would mostly be funny to only long members of TCF because we would know exactly what members were being spoofed. Also becaus we would know how they act.

But be it whatever we do. Weather it be funny or serious. I'm game, whenever it happens. Although I think funny would be more up our ally. Razz
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:05 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:Well, I've always thought it would be funny to have little spoof's of members on this site. It would mostly be funny to only long members of TCF because we would know exactly what members were being spoofed. Also becaus we would know how they act.

But be it whatever we do. Weather it be funny or serious. I'm game, whenever it happens. Although I think funny would be more up our ally. Razz

well vigil knows how to do both so... and i like to do something with the Halo Communists Very Happy
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 pm

I think we are forgetting some import facts here. There are no brutes (or brute weaponry) or flood in this game.

So, they are at least going in the right direction.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:52 pm

You'd be suprised how bad people can fuck up.

Halo: Reach - Page 2 The_simpsons_homer_tries_to_make_burns%27_breakfast

Anyways, I think customizable weapons and... over characterized spartans is a turn in the wrong way.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:59 pm

Gauz wrote:Anyways, I think customizable weapons and... over characterized spartans is a turn in the wrong way.

Over characterized? OMG HIS ARMOR IS RED AND BLACK AND HIS IS GREEN AND RED!!! ALL IS LOST!!!! HALO IS DEAD!!!! ITS TERRIBLE!!!

Yeah, I don't think so.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:59 pm

i like emiles and the Lt.'s
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Felix wrote:I think we are forgetting some import facts here. There are no brutes (or brute weaponry) or flood in this game.

So, they are at least going in the right direction.

They're better not be, If they're is that's a -1 mark in my book.

ODST rose points by not including the Flood. I pray to god they have to good sense not to put them in here.

Please, can this game be a return to when Halo was a challenge.

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down