Halo: Reach

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 6 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Gauz on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Hey gold, I didn't say it was good. I think the helmet ideas any way you put it is shit all around.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:12 pm

I hope they get fucking armor customs out of there. Really, they're not even wearing SPI armor... AND THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE FUCKING MA5KS!!!!!!!
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:35 pm

actually on reach they would have used MA5B's not MA5K's
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:11 am

Nocbl2 wrote:I hope they get fucking armor customs out of there. Really, they're not even wearing SPI armor... AND THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE FUCKING MA5KS!!!!!!!
They used SPI and MA5Ks on the suicide missions, tyvm.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:50 am

1.) We're dealing with Spartan III's here, who were mass produced and had much less training and were made to die. I don't mind if they have more attitude than a Spartan II (and Jorge follows the rules of human conformity).

2.) No matter whether it's realistic or not, Emile is obviously not going to have trouble seeing through the mask, and there are legitimate and possible reasons why.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:26 pm

And the reason is, because bungie ignores physics and gave her x-ray vision.

And a magical pony to ride on to spread peace and love throught the galaxy.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Gauz wrote:And the reason is, because bungie ignores physics and gave her x-ray vision.

And a magical pony to ride on to spread peace and love throught the galaxy.

Or, it could be 500 years in the future, and new types of material could be made and/or found.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:40 pm

Why are these Spartan III's getting preference over the others?

They supposed to be expendable.

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Vigil wrote:Why are these Spartan III's getting preference over the others?

They supposed to be expendable.
Yeah, I mean, why not take it from the position of an S-II or a Marine (and not a copy of ODST... *shivers*)?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:39 pm

Felix wrote:Or, it could be 500 years in the future, and new types of material could be made and/or found.

Because 500 years from now, we'll find this magical material that, when scratched, still refracts light evenly, allowing it to be scratched without obscuring the view, and we'll waste this magical resource to make visors for soldiers that we intend to send on suicide missions.[/sarcasm]

Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Felix wrote:Or, it could be 500 years in the future, and new types of material could be made and/or found.

Because 500 years from now, we'll find this magical material that, when scratched, still refracts light evenly, allowing it to be scratched without obscuring the view, and we'll waste this magical resource to make visors for soldiers that we intend to send on suicide missions.[/sarcasm]

Kinda weird you would use "magical". But, I digress. Since I'm not feeling well, and I have a tremendous headache, I don't really feel like arguing about this, so I'll just go along with you until I feel better.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Maybe they are going on a suicide mission and the spartan decided to scratch the up his helmet because they were gonna die anyway.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Still a waste for the military to give them this magical product.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Good lord! Can we drop the fucking helmet thing already?! Do you realize that this whole thread is nothing but arguing over a fucking skull on a helmet? Come on people.

No matter how stupid you may think it is and no matter how big of a deal you think it is...

It's not a big deal. No amount of debating, arguing or complaining about it is going to change anything.

If you don't like it, then too bad. Deal with it. Whatever

(IMO)
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:55 pm

We are just trying to come up with a logical explanation about why his helmet is so retarded. im more pissed off than the colors and the inappropriate armor then someone scratching a skull on his helmet. i'm just going to laugh when he dies.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:17 pm

Felix wrote:Kinda weird you would use "magical". But, I digress. Since I'm not feeling well, and I have a tremendous headache, I don't really feel like arguing about this, so I'll just go along with you until I feel better.

I use the word "magical" because this material defies the very laws of physics. If we could find such a material that can have uneven grooves carved into it that somehow don't effect how light is refracted through it at all, then my only explanation would be magic.

RockaHolicGameR wrote:It's not a big deal. No amount of debating, arguing or complaining about it is going to change anything.

You're wrong. If people don't buy it, then that will send Bungie and Microsoft a message that says "don't fuck with canon." Just like how since everyone bought Modern Warfare 2, we sent a message to Infinity Ward that said "taking a giant steaming shit all over PC gamers is a-ok!"

Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:08 pm

I already commented on how the material could be built so that any cracking or scratching on the surface would be made even (i.e. you don't see that white scratching). We've done stranger shit before.
Or, as i stated before, he could have simply scratched off the weaker top layer.

And if we found/produced this "magical" material, it could be plentiful/cheap (possibly cheaper than glass), meaning that almost all glass would be replaced by it for convinience.

Imagine if when you hit a glass window, it didn't turn all ugly, just minorly defracted? Or if your windshield was hit be a branch, it would be *safe* to drive to the nearest auto-repair shop? Or, if you got a bullet to the visor that didn't penetrate, you could continue to fight?
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:13 pm

TNine wrote:Imagine if when you hit a glass window, it didn't turn all ugly, just minorly defracted? Or if your windshield was hit be a branch, it would be *safe* to drive to the nearest auto-repair shop? Or, if you got a bullet to the visor that didn't penetrate, you could continue to fight?
In all these situations, it doesn't take up almost the entire surface.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:19 pm

TNine wrote:I already commented on how the material could be built so that any cracking or scratching on the surface would be made even (i.e. you don't see that white scratching). We've done stranger shit before.
Or, as i stated before, he could have simply scratched off the weaker top layer.

The only way that a material could have a skull in it like that would either be one-sided paint (which still obscures the view somewhat) or if a professional cut into the glass so that it was perfectly flat. You could never scratch something in such a way as to allow for even light refraction without machine precision.

TNine wrote:And if we found/produced this "magical" material, it could be plentiful/cheap (possibly cheaper than glass), meaning that almost all glass would be replaced by it for convinience.

I doubt that if we discover a material that defies the laws of physics, it will be plentiful and cheap.

TNine wrote:Imagine if when you hit a glass window, it didn't turn all ugly, just minorly defracted? Or if your windshield was hit be a branch, it would be *safe* to drive to the nearest auto-repair shop? Or, if you got a bullet to the visor that didn't penetrate, you could continue to fight?

Yes, that sounds all nice and good, but you are ignoring the fact that what you are calling for cannot exist.

Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:
???

You mean that you can still see? Well, yes, but it is very difficult to see through the white scratchings, and as such limits peripherals as well as select (and possibly critical) parts of your vision. It's also very distracting and makes important things harder to immediatly recognize.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:25 pm

TNine wrote:
Gold Spartan5 wrote:
???

You mean that you can still see? Well, yes, but it is very difficult to see through the white scratchings, and as such limits peripherals as well as select (and possibly critical) parts of your vision. It's also very distracting and makes important things harder to immediatly recognize.
I hope you realize that you just identified THE PROBLEM WITH THE SKULL ON THE VISOR IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
TNine wrote: I already commented on how the material could be built so that any cracking or scratching on the surface would be made even (i.e. you don't see that white scratching). We've done stranger shit before.

The only way that a material could have a skull in it like that would either be one-sided paint (which still obscures the view somewhat) or if a professional cut into the glass so that it was perfectly flat. You could never scratch something in such a way as to allow for even light refraction without machine precision.
I already commented on how the material could be built so that any cracking or scratching on the surface would be made even (i.e. you don't see that white scratching). We've done stranger shit before.
I would guess that answers it. If the material under it was made fairly scratch-proof, it wouldn't be difficult to completely peel off the top layer.

TNine wrote:And if we found/produced this "magical" material, it could be plentiful/cheap (possibly cheaper than glass), meaning that almost all glass would be replaced by it for convinience.

I doubt that if we discover a material that defies the laws of physics, it will be plentiful and cheap.
Laws of physics we currently observe. Actually, isn't it true that we can see through air no matter how unequal? How would be impossible for a material to have this same property, in that a scratch doesn't cause difraction? To be fair, this actually just adds another problem of how we can see the skull.

Yes, that sounds all nice and good, but you are ignoring the fact that what you are calling for cannot exist.
I don't know very much about about light physics, which leaves me at a disadvantage in this debate, but i know that the human race cannot begin to understand everything. Science is changing daily, and we still have puzzles we don't fully understand (we still can't figure out how planes fly for christ's sake!).

I hope you realize that you just identified THE PROBLEM WITH THE SKULL ON THE VISOR IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
That's the point...if we had a material that eliminated the problem, wouldn't it be nice?

Critical point i want you to identify: Air can do it, why can't we?
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:31 pm

TNine wrote:
That's the point...if we had a material that eliminated the problem, wouldn't it be nice?

Oh I don't know, because Air happens to be a GAS and we're kinda SOLID.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:35 pm

TNine wrote:
Air can do it, why can't we?
"A nuke can blow up cities, why can't we?"
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:
TNine wrote:

Oh I don't know, because Air happens to be a GAS and we're kinda SOLID.
lol. I don't see why it would be totally impossible to combine qualities of air and a solid, we've done similar things before.

And no, i don't mean us personally, i meant things we make.

Gauz wrote:
TNine wrote:
Air can do it, why can't we?
"A nuke can blow up cities, why can't we?"
We can, with the help of a nuke...or a really, really big bomb.

Last edited by TNine on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next