The best joke... ever...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Empty Re: The best joke... ever...

Post by PiEdude on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 pm

Cheese wrote:That guy is posting from America. No self respecting Limey goes 'grocery shopping'. Razz

Then what do you call it?

I can't even think of an offensively stereotypical British nickname for it.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Empty Re: The best joke... ever...

Post by Elabajaba on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:54 pm

They're obviously canadian, we say cunt here and we go grocery shopping.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Age : 25
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Empty Re: The best joke... ever...

Post by Cheese on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:06 pm

PiEdude wrote:
Cheese wrote:That guy is posting from America. No self respecting Limey goes 'grocery shopping'. Razz

Then what do you call it?

I can't even think of an offensively stereotypical British nickname for it.

That's because it's just plain shopping. If it's specifically for food it would be 'I'm going to the shops' or 'food shopping' but if it's for clothes or gadgets or whatnot it would be 'I'm going shopping.' This isn't a rule though, just something I've noticed.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Age : 29
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Empty Re: The best joke... ever...

Post by PiEdude on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:11 am

Cheese wrote:
PiEdude wrote:
Cheese wrote:That guy is posting from America. No self respecting Limey goes 'grocery shopping'. Razz

Then what do you call it?

I can't even think of an offensively stereotypical British nickname for it.

That's because it's just plain shopping. If it's specifically for food it would be 'I'm going to the shops' or 'food shopping' but if it's for clothes or gadgets or whatnot it would be 'I'm going shopping.' This isn't a rule though, just something I've noticed.

Meh.

Shopping really is (honest to God about this, I'm not making a joke) more of a feminine thing in this the U.S.
More often than not women are more likely to say something like "Wanna go shopping?" or something along those lines to other women.

Usually we don't just say "grocery shopping" every time we're going to do it, it's more of a specific way to describe it to others. Usually you'll hear something like "Going to the store" or "I'm goin' to Wal-Mart/Jewel/Dominick's/Target/Aldie's/whatever other corporate store name".
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Empty Re: The best joke... ever...

Post by LeafyOwNu2 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:25 am

"I'm going to that dewr Wally World to get us some groceries" -Americans from the South

"I'm heading out to Wal-mart to get some stuff" - Everywhere else in america.
LeafyOwNu2
LeafyOwNu2
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 280
Age : 28
Location : Tennessee
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Empty Re: The best joke... ever...

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:02 pm

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:"I'm going to that dewr Wally World to get us some groceries" -Americans from the South

"I'm heading out to Wal-mart to get some stuff" - Everywhere else in america.
They just opened a Super Wal-Mart 15 min from my house. =D
Its 24 hours, so i can get those plastic forks i wanted real cheap at 2:30am ^_^

_________________
The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Skyrimr

The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Ironmanl
.:Live Life, Love Life:.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Age : 27
Location : Jersey
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Empty Re: The best joke... ever...

Post by LeafyOwNu2 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Baconsen wrote:
LeafyOwNu2 wrote:"I'm going to that dewr Wally World to get us some groceries" -Americans from the South

"I'm heading out to Wal-mart to get some stuff" - Everywhere else in america.
They just opened a Super Wal-Mart 15 min from my house. =D
Its 24 hours, so i can get those plastic forks i wanted real cheap at 2:30am ^_^

LOL
LeafyOwNu2
LeafyOwNu2
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 280
Age : 28
Location : Tennessee
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Empty Re: The best joke... ever...

Post by Gold Spartan on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:22 pm

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:"I'm going to that dewr Wally World to get us some groceries" -Americans from the South

"I'm heading out to Wal-mart to get some stuff" - Everywhere else in america.
I would be offended but that's probably true. Razz
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Empty Re: The best joke... ever...

Post by XNate02 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Gauz wrote:
XNate02 wrote:
Gauz wrote:Edit button? lol

I had mistaken the quote as the edit button and had realized it after i posted it. I'm no post booster so you dont need to worry about that as I post like once a day and then. I rarely post Stupid and irrelivant things that dont pertain to the subject at all. So moving on.

The joke, it was twisted and scarred the child...... I loved it :twisted:
Defensive much?

Offensive much?
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Empty Re: The best joke... ever...

Post by PiEdude on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:07 pm

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:"I'm going to that dewr Wally World to get us some groceries" -Americans from the South

Location: Tennessee

Wait, wut?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

The best joke... ever... - Page 2 Empty Re: The best joke... ever...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum