Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satanic Bible

+17
Felix
Angatar
laxspartan007
KrAzY
Nocbl2
BBJynne
Death no More
Kasrkin Seath
Vigil
A_Bearded_Swede
PiEdude
Zaki90
MrX
Rasq'uire'laskar
Gauz
Ascendant Justice
KristallNacht
21 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Opinion?

Satanic Bible - Page 4 Vote_lcap38%Satanic Bible - Page 4 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 10 ]
Satanic Bible - Page 4 Vote_lcap62%Satanic Bible - Page 4 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 26

Satanic Bible - Page 4 Empty Re: Satanic Bible

Post by Angatar Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:48 pm

No, it isn't.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:13 pm

This book should be re-named to something non-controversial and more accurate

more people would read it

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:22 pm

KrAzY wrote:VERMIN! , you will be eradicated for your heresy

*pulls out plastic light saber"

I shall vanquish you with the weapon of the gods!

You really want to mess with this?

Satanic Bible - Page 4 Sons_o10
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Vigil wrote:
KrAzY wrote:VERMIN! , you will be eradicated for your heresy

*pulls out plastic light saber"

I shall vanquish you with the weapon of the gods!

You really want to mess with this?

Satanic Bible - Page 4 Sons_o10
A .jpg image? Why am I not afraid?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:57 pm

BBJynne wrote:This book should be re-named to something non-controversial and more accurate

the point is that only people who are able to look past the cover are going to be able to read it and be helped by it
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:29 pm

Gauz wrote:People are making generalizations and assumptions based on the title. It kills me on the inside that people take stuff from the media so seriously.

yeah, the book does actually go over why its satanism and not something else.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:30 pm

BBJynne wrote:This book should be re-named to something non-controversial and more accurate

I really think satanism is the most accurate name for it....
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:52 pm

KristallNacht wrote:

I really think satanism is the most accurate name for it....

Let's re-name it to "Hello Kitty Fun Time Adventure Book"
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 pm

in my opinion... if NT had named this thread "an interesting read" instead of "satanic bible" that 70% of you who voted ridiculous would have voted reasonable
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 pm

KrAzY wrote:in my opinion... if NT had named this thread "an interesting read" instead of "satanic bible" that 70% of you who voted ridiculous would have voted reasonable

they still would have seen that it was the satanic bible
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:57 pm

I can assure you that more than half the people who voted in this thread opened the thread, voted, and left, without even reading the first post
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:12 pm

I opened the thread, read the first post, and voted.

Religion should be abolished. Its caused far to many problems in the world and no real good has come from it.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Amen (pun)
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Reasonable train of thought, ridiculous as a religion. A religion like this will only come to hate and civil war, forgiveness is our tool to stop this. From what i have seen it doesn't promote friendships, simply mutual aquaitances. If he's nice to you, be nice to him, but a true friendship is when someone can do something terrible and the other would forgive him.

Also, do as you would be done by is great, and so is Be done by as you did...in theory. The problem with that is that it will never come down to a resolution. I don't know if you have ever ad a prank war with your brother, but both of you will be miserable until one pulls the golden rule. Be done by as you did creates a vicious circle, and it takes someone weak backing down to end it.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Too bad it wouldn't cause civil war and hate?

Plus, Christianity doesn't promote friendship so well either.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Gauz wrote:Too bad it wouldn't cause civil war and hate?

Plus, Christianity doesn't promote friendship so well either.

A single disagreement or wrong would very quickly inflate into full blown catastrophe. A war would be far easier to come by.

And christianity promotes loving your neighbor and forgiveness. Not always the best policy, but it is far better for keeping the peace, whether between friends or nations.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:46 pm

it would still be humans... its not like if a person follows a religion that they start doing everything "by the book"...

*points at any politician who claims to be religious

NVM satanism doen't say you HAVE to enact revenge... it just says that it is okay to enact revenge... people would still forgive each other for small things

contrary to popular belief... religion does not dictate a person's moral standings on issues... people survived before christianity, people survive as atheists... satanism is already a religion... you don't hear about them going around killing anyone who bumps into them

again you are looking at the title of the book before the message of the book
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:15 pm

Love thy neighboor eh?

Must I get the text and scripture?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:48 pm

Gauz wrote:Love thy neighboor eh?

Must I get the text and scripture?
Must I get the pope to kick your weak ass?
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Yes Rolling Eyes
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:40 pm

TNine wrote:Reasonable train of thought, ridiculous as a religion. A religion like this will only come to hate and civil war, forgiveness is our tool to stop this. From what i have seen it doesn't promote friendships, simply mutual aquaitances. If he's nice to you, be nice to him, but a true friendship is when someone can do something terrible and the other would forgive him.

Actually, it is revenge based on intentional acts.

not "oh shit i accidently did this"

plus the Satanic Bible actually approaches the topic of forgiveness on a personal and spiritual level. It even addresses to recognize habitual behavior as something you shouldn't seek forgiveness for, since its just gonna happen again. And for other things, more importantly than asking for forgiveness is to demonstrate that you're actually sorry about it and learn from your mistakes.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:41 pm

KrAzY wrote:i
contrary to popular belief... religion does not dictate a person's moral standings on issues... people survived before christianity, people survive as atheists... satanism is already a religion... you don't hear about them going around killing anyone who bumps into them

I've actually heard of more christians killing people than Satanists.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:58 pm

KristallNacht wrote:I've actually heard of more christians killing people than Satanists.
That's cause there's more Christians by far than Satanists.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:59 pm

KrAzY wrote:it would still be humans... its not like if a person follows a religion that they start doing everything "by the book"...

*points at any politician who claims to be religious

NVM satanism doen't say you HAVE to enact revenge... it just says that it is okay to enact revenge... people would still forgive each other for small things

But we won't. Most humans will always want to attack others for revenge, and by itself, this can be overcome. If we got a religious excuse, nothing would really stop us.

If everyone was Satanist, the the vicious circle i described, which is very natural in our society, would have little to no restraint. A country that is satanist that feels another has wronged it will be quick to strike back, and will have little inhibitions about going to war. This is not totally dictated by Satanism, but any religion is very influential.

again you are looking at the title of the book before the message of the book

That's a pitiful excuse for a defense. Satan in Christianity has little to no want for revenge, but merely turning others away from God. I used the information provided in this thread
KristallNacht wrote:
TNine wrote:Reasonable train of thought, ridiculous as a religion. A religion like this will only come to hate and civil war, forgiveness is our tool to stop this. From what i have seen it doesn't promote friendships, simply mutual aquaitances. If he's nice to you, be nice to him, but a true friendship is when someone can do something terrible and the other would forgive him.

Actually, it is revenge based on intentional acts.

not "oh shit i accidently did this"
I was talking about intentional acts done in the spur of the moment. Do something stupid, you're immediatly screwed.

plus the Satanic Bible actually approaches the topic of forgiveness on a personal and spiritual level. It even addresses to recognize habitual behavior as something you shouldn't seek forgiveness for, since its just gonna happen again. And for other things, more importantly than asking for forgiveness is to demonstrate that you're actually sorry about it and learn from your mistakes.
But what in Satanism encourages others to forgive? It's all about doing what you want, and forgiveness is rarely a natural reaction.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:17 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Satan represents responsibility to the responsible
Would like to hear that explained.

Its basically that people should be held accountable to their actions.

In the form of a Satan? how exactly does this answer Rasq's question? So Satan represents accountability and he wants indulgence?

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:So, belief in a God is inherently wrong, but belief in a god is inherently right?
>.> I think I prefer atheists.

well thats not the ENTIRE passage. the rest of that chapter goes on to suggest that there is no reason to even externalize your god from yourself, and instead worship yourself as though you're a god.

Well, if the opposite were true, then we would have no standing in understanding god, and if there was a god and he/she/it wanted us to understand, then there would probable be a base of carnal understanding that accompanies being a human being, and simultaneously an animal. otherwise, we could not make point of it because it would not exist in our eyes/minds.

If the giant spaghetti monster created everything, all reality, and then made it so it appeared as though it did not, then our understanding is baseless. How exactly can it implant a thought equitable to itself in us and also make it so it is impossible to assume that people can attribute the spaghetti monster qualities to themselves? There are several key characteristics in religions, such as unconditional love, that cannot exist in our minds, it transcends our understanding altogether, even if you donate all your money to hungry children in Africa, you are still inadvertently and unknowingly serving yourself (that is why you would do such a thing), either from making yourself feel good, or making yourself look better to others. So by worshiping god, you are not worshiping yourself, but a level of understanding clearly above your own. (not your own, but everything that is a living organism's potential understanding)

The pursuit of higher understanding is a noble cause, unfortunately people do not understand this thoroughly enough for it to mean anything from a religious standpoint, and essentially, the idea of unconditional love is a thought only possible in an entity that does not evolve, does not need anything, and is capable of infinite thought, something we will never be (still, it is something good to shoot for, like a superhero). but, Satanism, from the notable texts you have quoted, is indulgence when available, this is compulsion to a living thing, and not particularly a philosophical pillar on which to stand, a goldfish will indulge itself to its doom, a bear will indulge itself so it can survive through winter, but the only separating medium of man and beast is our ability to transcend this need to indulge through our higher thinking and technological achievements. Satanism has been rendered obsolete through our technological achievement, we no longer need to indulge ourselves. So, basically, it seems as though the main idea of Satanism is indulge, or reduce yourself to a dog, and then overcorrect through self control? what sort of joke of a philosophy is this? You do not need to consciously have self control if you do not indulge yourself willingly, fat people do not need to go on a diet, if they did not fatten themselves up in the first place. accountability should be a precursor to indulgence, if you thought instead of acted out of compulsion, then you should be, mentally, accountable for your actions before you even manifest them, and think. No need to play devils advocate.

And really, if the whole entire religion = characteristics such as responsibility, accountability and self control, then their is no religion, it is just...

those characteristics.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next