Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Re-enactment

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Just or Unjust

Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Re-enactment - Page 3 Vote_lcap78%Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Re-enactment - Page 3 Vote_rcap 78% 
[ 25 ]
Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Re-enactment - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Re-enactment - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Re-enactment - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Re-enactment - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 32

Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Re-enactment - Page 3 Empty Re: Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Re-enactment

Post by PiEdude on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Where's the ''Greatest Act in Human History'' option?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Re-enactment - Page 3 Empty Re: Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Re-enactment

Post by Gauz on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Beautiful isn't it?

Atomic, Hydrogen, Nuclear bombs should not be for use, ever agian. If anyone uses it, other people will think they have the right to use them as well. When everyone begins using nukes, the world will end.

Last edited by Gauz on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:17 pm

PiEman wrote:Where's the ''Greatest Act in Human History'' option?
you're a fucking cunt
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:20 pm

Arty wrote:
Almost every country drafted soldiers.

And that's just a question of opinion. The only thing that matters is that anything was fair game by the end of WWII.

I meant the United States, as we were discussing the lives of mainly US soldiers that would have been lost had we attempted to invade Japan.

And of course it's a matter of opinion, but the fact that other countries were intentionally killing Civilians does not make it okay for us to do the same to them. The Japanese killed quite a few people at Pearl Harbor. That doesn't make it okay for us to kill their innocent civilians.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm against Nuclear weapons if only because of the widespread damage of the fallout, but yes, it was a strategical and important move by the U.S military to save many lives, er, American lives.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Gauz wrote:
you're a fucking cunt

When i was reading PiE's comment i immediatly began to think of way i could tell him that i hate him but yours basically much sums it up perfectly.

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Gauz wrote:
you're a fucking cunt
I hope you didnt just NOW figure that out Gauz.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:47 pm

I hated PiE the moment he said anything

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:55 pm

or
Yes they might die, and I hope they burn in hell!

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:14 pm

*sigh*
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:14 pm

Gauz wrote:*sigh*

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:25 pm

Gold wrote:Dont forget that Germany came pretty damn close. Just imagine THEM dropping atomic bombs on US.
Nope.
Das Dritten Reich wasn't even close. They had some good nuclear theoreticians, but they weren't even close to producing a nuclear weapon, especially since atomics was considered to be a "Jewish science".

Ziggy wrote:I think it's mass murder.
In my opinion, they just dropped the bomb to assert the fact that they had nuclear weapons. This was especially significant considering relations with the Soviets weren't going too wonderfully at the end of the war in Europe.
One of the reasons, sure.

Ziggy wrote:They could have just not used the atomic bomb and forced a surrender. Sure, they would have lost lives, but I doubt it would be anywhere near as much as what was lost in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Iwo Jima. One pesky little rathole of an island, barely three miles long. Twenty thousand defenders.
They fought until they were COMPLETELY OUT OF AMMO and OUT OF RATIONS. They were eating rats and worms, and many of them still fought to the death.

From America's POV, it was doubtful that the Japanese would fight any other way on their very homeland. We wouldn't have just had to destroy Hiroshima and Nagasaki. We would have had to destroy Tokyo, Kyoto, and a hell of a lot of other cities. Plus the huge death toll on our side. Plus the land the Soviets would have gained.

Nuking the Cities was the best alternative.

Gauz wrote:

Beautiful isn't it?

Atomic, Hydrogen, Nuclear bombs should not be for use, ever agian. If anyone uses it, other people will think they have the right to use them as well. When everyone begins using nukes, the world will end.
Nah. Not going to happen.
MAD. Mutual Assured Destruction ensures that they don't get used.

"It's funny. The only way to win is not to play."

ReconToaster wrote:I meant the United States, as we were discussing the lives of mainly US soldiers that would have been lost had we attempted to invade Japan.
Wrong. We were drafting too.

ReconToaster wrote:And of course it's a matter of opinion, but the fact that other countries were intentionally killing Civilians does not make it okay for us to do the same to them. The Japanese killed quite a few people at Pearl Harbor. That doesn't make it okay for us to kill their innocent civilians.
We were already firebombing their cities. This was just the next step up. Instead of a hundred planes in a raid...
We just sent one.

Gold wrote:I'm against Nuclear weapons if only because of the widespread damage of the fallout, but yes, it was a strategical and important move by the U.S military to save many lives, er, American lives.
And Japanese lives. MANY more of them would have died in an invasion.

dragoon9105 wrote:

We had plenty of recources to spare now that we weren't sending half our supplies to assist in fighting germany. It was just "Easier" to bomb japan then to choke hold it
Bullsh*t.

Remember "Flags of Our Fathers?"
The Arabs wouldn't sell us oil unless we paid in gold bullion, which WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH OF.
The war would have ended before the year was out. And nothing would have been gained.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:26 am

I fail to see what's wrong with saving the lives of both Japanese and Americans, ending the war, and displaying our nuclear might at the same time.

If we didn't nuke them we'd...
  • Kill even more Japanese, both soldiers and civilians
  • Kill tons of our own soldiers
  • Go into an economic depression that would likely destroy our country

I think I like the "bomb the enemy" option better.

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:50 am

ReconToaster wrote:
I think the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was an extremely unfortunate but logical decision, but to say that there is no reason to oppose it is just dumb.

wow i completely agree with recon

i believe that yes it was the obvious choice but it was not the choice of American ideals and is a little bit hypocritical
there are reasons to oppose it just not super strong ones

Last edited by kslidz on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:01 am

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Gold wrote:Dont forget that Germany came pretty damn close. Just imagine THEM dropping atomic bombs on US.
Nope.
Das Dritten Reich wasn't even close. They had some good nuclear theoreticians, but they weren't even close to producing a nuclear weapon, especially since atomics was considered to be a "Jewish science".

Well they were working on "Heavy Water". Some facilties were destroyed do to British commando raids. This lead to Hitler's order to have all commandos shot on sight, reguardless if they surrendered.

Anyways, Operation: Downfall would have been put into effect if the bombs weren't dropped. This would have lead to millions of lives of both American, British, AND Japanese lost. The figures of estimation would be the almost total annilation(sp) of Japan since their people had been convinced by their government that we would murder and rape them all. They would have fought to the end. Not to mention that the nuclear weapons would have probably been used anyways if we invaded it.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:42 am

The Japanese gave up after we dropped two nukes on their cities.

I doubt they would have fought until the end had we invaded. More lives would have been lost, but I'm sure they would have given up eventually.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:52 am

I was talking about invading and then using the nukes
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:02 am

Ruski wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Nope.

Well they were working on "Heavy Water". Some facilties were destroyed do to British commando raids. This lead to Hitler's order to have all commandos shot on sight, reguardless if they surrendered.
If I remember correctly, heavy water had or has industrial applications.

In any case, they WERE working on the bomb, but it was much later after the Americans started on it. There is a varying opinion on how far they got, from the conspiracy theorist "Russians got ahold of a backpack nuke factory a week before it started production" to "Hell would have frozen over and thawed before they got their hands on the concept."

ReconToaster wrote:The Japanese gave up after we dropped two nukes on their cities.

I doubt they would have fought until the end had we invaded. More lives would have been lost, but I'm sure they would have given up eventually.
After we nuked two cities with complete impunity. After we demonstrated that we could wipe them off the map without losing a single soldier.

Of course, to the Americans and the Brits, who had just done a whole bunch of island hopping and lost half of the men who tried to take Iwo Jima, it looked like the Japanese would truly never surrender unless shown overwhelming force.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:40 am

All the people against it bitch about it killing a 100,000 civillians, and completely ignore the fact that an invasion would kill many, many more.

Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:43 am

Angatar wrote:All the people against it bitch about it killing a 100,000 civillians, and completely ignore the fact that an invasion would kill many, many more.

Had those innocent civilians been armed and shooting at Allied troops... they would not have been "innocent civilians," and they would have been casualties in an effort to kill Japanese soldiers.

In the case of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, we were directly bombing civilians who had nothing to do with the war, aside from happening to have been born in a country that we were enemies with.

Someone a few pages back posted the definition of the term "terrorist." I've honestly never thought of it under that light... but it is a rather accurate label: The killing of civilians in order to inspire political change.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:49 am

Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:02 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Angatar wrote:All the people against it bitch about it killing a 100,000 civillians, and completely ignore the fact that an invasion would kill many, many more.

Had those innocent civilians been armed and shooting at Allied troops... they would not have been "innocent civilians," and they would have been casualties in an effort to kill Japanese soldiers.

In the case of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, we were directly bombing civilians who had nothing to do with the war, aside from happening to have been born in a country that we were enemies with.

Someone a few pages back posted the definition of the term "terrorist." I've honestly never thought of it under that light... but it is a rather accurate label: The killing of civilians in order to inspire political change.
They didn't target cities because they had civilians. They targeted them because they were industrial centers.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Nah, Ang. Bilco thinks we shouldn't use the enemies rule book. I agree with him to some extent, but ideals like that are what will lead to our downfall in World War III.

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:16 pm

Soldiers are ment to die in combat, in place of civilian lives.

We directly attacked hundreds of thousands of civilians, not soldiers. I don't care for what means, wether it was a show of an unstoppable force, or to destroy military industry. It was still a terrorist act, if it had been dropped on soldiers, military combatants, infantry, that would have been a much better way to demonstrate their power. It would still show the Japanese what immense power we could unleash, and it would not be a terrorist act.

The fact that civilians were the target to inspire fear in the Japanese nation is what makes me angry.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:54 pm

They were already being targeted, nukes or not. This was WW2, total war. What part of this don't you get?

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next