Marvel vs DC Comics

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Marvel vs DC

Marvel vs DC Comics Vote_lcap35%Marvel vs DC Comics Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 8 ]
Marvel vs DC Comics Vote_lcap65%Marvel vs DC Comics Vote_rcap 65% 
[ 15 ]
 
Total Votes : 23
 

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Avenged on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:48 pm

I personally believe that Marvel is the one coming up with the more original ideas while DC relies more on nostalgia.

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Zaki90 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Watchmen was amazing. So DC FTW...

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by tiny tim on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:05 pm

DC has batman and is not owned by Disney.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Avenged on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:06 pm

Zaki90 wrote:Watchmen was amazing. So DC FTW...

You can not base an entire company based on one comic (and i assume you are referring to the graphic novel which is far superior to the movie) Marvel has the Civil War which kicks just as much ass if not more.

tiny tim wrote:DC has batman and is not owned by Disney.

and DC is owned by Warner Bros + Disney mostly bought Marvel to mess with universal studios park in orlando because they have the hulk roller coaster and spiderman ride ect....

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by PiEdude on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Avenged wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:Watchmen was amazing.
(and i assume you are referring to the graphic novel which is far superior to the movie)

Wut

You do know that the movie was just about identical to the comic right?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by KristallNacht on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:17 pm

but not as good
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by PiEdude on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:25 pm

KristallNacht wrote:but not as good

Marvel vs DC Comics Pbucket
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Zaki90 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:37 pm

Avenged wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:Watchmen was amazing. So DC FTW...

You can not base an entire company based on one comic (and i assume you are referring to the graphic novel which is far superior to the movie) Marvel has the Civil War which kicks just as much ass if not more.

Watchmen the graphic novel.

Batman is also amazing. Maybe not the old, old Batman. But The Dark Knight truly sparkled.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Ukurse on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:42 pm

Marvel, have more good comic book charactor.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Age : 25
Location : Auckland, New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:33 pm

DC had whats-his-name working for them. Alan Moore. And Joss Whedon penned a Batman comic book once.

From what I've seen, Marvel relies more on the 'shotgun' approach. After all these years, they kill off Captain America, when it's the Fantastic Four who need to die a bloody, gory death.

And let's not forget the movies. Off topic, maybe, but it's the Dark Knight+V for Vendetta+Watchmen against... Spider Man 3, BOTH F-4 movies, the lame X-men movies, X-men Wolverine, the first Incredible Hulk movie...

Need I go on?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Avenged on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:18 am

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:DC had whats-his-name working for them. Alan Moore. And Joss Whedon penned a Batman comic book once.

From what I've seen, Marvel relies more on the 'shotgun' approach. After all these years, they kill off Captain America, when it's the Fantastic Four who need to die a bloody, gory death.

And let's not forget the movies. Off topic, maybe, but it's the Dark Knight+V for Vendetta+Watchmen against... Spider Man 3, BOTH F-4 movies, the lame X-men movies, X-men Wolverine, the first Incredible Hulk movie...

Need I go on?

Batman Forever
Nuff said

But before we get off topic remember this is comics not movies.

Although there is one thing that is better than both Marvel and DC and thats Amalgam Comics.
Because most of you do not know what that is it is when the comics industry was in a slump Marvel joined forces with DC to make combo super heroes for example:

Dark Claw (Wolverine + Batman)

Marvel vs DC Comics Dark_claw

Iron Lantern (Green Lantern + Iron Man)

Marvel vs DC Comics Ironlant1

Speed Demon (Flash + Ghost Rider)

Marvel vs DC Comics Speeddemon

Spiderboy (Spiderman + Super Boy

Marvel vs DC Comics 505541-spider_boy_large

I know that ones kinda lame.

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Gold Spartan on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:24 am

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:DC had whats-his-name working for them. Alan Moore. And Joss Whedon penned a Batman comic book once.

From what I've seen, Marvel relies more on the 'shotgun' approach. After all these years, they kill off Captain America, when it's the Fantastic Four who need to die a bloody, gory death.

And let's not forget the movies. Off topic, maybe, but it's the Dark Knight+V for Vendetta+Watchmen against... Spider Man 3, BOTH F-4 movies, the lame X-men movies, X-men Wolverine, the first Incredible Hulk movie...

Need I go on?
You left out Iron Man, which was a great movie. But anyways, DC wins. BAT MAN!!! and Wolverine was also originally a villian in the Incredible Hulk comics.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Toaster on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:53 am

Gold wrote:You left out Iron Man, which was a great movie.

I don't know. It was good up until it turned into "IRON MAN VS BIGGER IRON MAN"
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Dud Doodoo on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:28 am

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:DC had whats-his-name working for them. Alan Moore. And Joss Whedon penned a Batman comic book once.

From what I've seen, Marvel relies more on the 'shotgun' approach. After all these years, they kill off Captain America, when it's the Fantastic Four who need to die a bloody, gory death.

And let's not forget the movies. Off topic, maybe, but it's the Dark Knight+V for Vendetta+Watchmen against... Spider Man 3, BOTH F-4 movies, the lame X-men movies, X-men Wolverine, the first Incredible Hulk movie...

Need I go on?
The first X-Men was amazing, the second was good. Let's just forget about the third...

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Age : 25
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Nocbl2 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:00 am

Where's the "STFU" button?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 21
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Avenged on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:13 am

Didn't i just say this is not about movies

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:27 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:The first X-Men was amazing, the second was good. Let's just forget about the third...
With Toad?
Oh NOES! Teh evul MUTOES R GOIN TA TURN US ALL INTO MUTOES WITH WEIRD RADAITION TECHNOLOGY! GAH!

ReconToaster wrote:I don't know. It was good up until it turned into "IRON MAN VS BIGGER IRON MAN"
That was a legitimate Iron Man enemy. I believe it's called the "Ironmonger".

In any case, my only complaint about that movie was how the veep's IQ dropped 25 points after he put the suit on.

"Nice try, Tony!"

In any case, I think DC does better comics when it comes to Batman and oneshot IPs (Watchmen, V for Vendetta), but Spider Man is pretty cool. It's kinda hard to be something like the Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Venom/Carnage.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Avenged on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:30 am

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:The first X-Men was amazing, the second was good. Let's just forget about the third...
With Toad?
Oh NOES! Teh evul MUTOES R GOIN TA TURN US ALL INTO MUTOES WITH WEIRD RADAITION TECHNOLOGY! GAH!

ReconToaster wrote:I don't know. It was good up until it turned into "IRON MAN VS BIGGER IRON MAN"
That was a legitimate Iron Man enemy. I believe it's called the "Ironmonger".

In any case, my only complaint about that movie was how the veep's IQ dropped 25 points after he put the suit on.

"Nice try, Tony!"

In any case, I think DC does better comics when it comes to Batman and oneshot IPs (Watchmen, V for Vendetta), but Spider Man is pretty cool. It's kinda hard to be something like the Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Venom/Carnage.
Xmen 1 was not a bad movie i mean you can say the same about Superman Returns


Also Marvel also has several movies planned and they sound pretty promising:

Captain America- i think it will be a cross between saving private ryan and spiderman

Deadpool- it will definatly be more comedy oriented which is not a bad thng

Thor- it will be interesting to see how they do this

Avengers- basically take every super hero who has been in a marvel movie and make one badass one

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:04 am

No, it wasn't "bad."
"Terrible" and "An Eyesore" are closer to the mark.

Heh, if they do another Spiderman Movie, I just hope they don't screw it up like they did the last one.
New Goblin = Fail.

And Marvel may have the Registration Act, but DC had the Gotham Apocalypse.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Avenged on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:07 am

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:No, it wasn't "bad."
"Terrible" and "An Eyesore" are closer to the mark.

Heh, if they do another Spiderman Movie, I just hope they don't screw it up like they did the last one.
New Goblin = Fail.

And Marvel may have the Registration Act, but DC had the Gotham Apocalypse.

Gotham Apocalypse???


if you are refering to darkest night i agree that is amazing

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:34 am

Nope. Cataclysm and No Man's Land.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:59 pm

is everyone forgetting the fail that was the Super Man movie?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Not forgetting.
Repressing the memory.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by PiEdude on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:54 pm

KristallNacht wrote:is everyone forgetting the fail that was the Super Man movie?

Why does everyone hate that movie anyway?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by BBJynne on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:57 pm


BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC Comics Empty Re: Marvel vs DC Comics

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum