Tom Cruise part of Halo Movie???

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tom Cruise part of Halo Movie??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Tom Cruise part of Halo Movie???

Post by Ringleader on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:56 pm

Maybe the UNSC will battle the the Covenant in the volcanoes of Hawaii.

I have to partially agree with Dud, most anime is just, lame, its a legless dog in the media industry. The only thing it has going for it is that its addictive to watch, like WOW is to play I guess. I remember I use to watch DBZ, and now when I look back on it, it was just, awful crap.

I've seen some pretty good movies though, like Akira and that one about dreaming, Paprika, thats it. Those movies werent the same crap where people are just flying around with ninja sword wielding robots talking endlessly and yelling "AAAAAAA!"

The perspective really bugs me too, they all look like their 20 feet tall or just, made out of popsickle sticks or something.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Tom Cruise part of Halo Movie??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Tom Cruise part of Halo Movie???

Post by Ringleader on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Avenged wrote:I think they should not hire the more famous actors they did not do that for D9 and it turned out to be a great movie.

I 100% agree with you dude, Tom Cruise will just, destroy the move with his presence, like it just cant be good, and satisfy the religious fans if they do stuff like that. Which is why I don't want that firefly guy in ODST, why would they even DO something like that?!
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:10 pm

Double post FTW!

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:13 pm

Adam Baldwin already voiced a marine in Halo 3.... IMO it makes sense to have him come back to play a character in the game

theres only so many voices in the industry... and some faces go with voices, you are only pissed off because you recognise him from a show you obviously never watched.

people get into the industry by doing work.... if they only did one movie/game and were thrown out of the industry then the industry would be dead... its the way things work.

get over yourself
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:49 pm

KrAzY wrote:Adam Baldwin already voiced a marine in Halo 3.... IMO it makes sense to have him come back to play a character in the game

theres only so many voices in the industry... and some faces go with voices, you are only pissed off because you recognise him from a show you obviously never watched.

people get into the industry by doing work.... if they only did one movie/game and were thrown out of the industry then the industry would be dead... its the way things work.

get over yourself

?

We were talking about Nathan Fillion.

Do you think that there are too few voices in the "industry"? that Nathan Fillion's voice has to, absolutely HAS to be used again and again?

There is a reason I don't watch Firefly, its probably the same reason it only lasted one season:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/Fireflyserenityhorses.jpg

Do they really need to put Nathan Fillion's face in the game? When was this a part of the "industry"? aside from sports games that actually depict real people.

and some faces go with voices, you are only pissed off because you recognise him from a show you obviously never watched.

I mean, you say it like it's some absolute thing that always has been, always will be. The only reason they did this is so sci fi fanboys can think to them selves "oooooh looky its Alan Tudyk, this must make the ODST double sci fi, I feel gooood about myself for making that connection!" When in reality the least common denominator (Nathan Fillion) detracts from the experience by showing the same person in two separate universes. Is this clicking? Think of it like, they put Patric Stuart in Firefly, Stargate and in Battlestar Galactica, do you see how this would sort of be an issue?

This is why I'm not that interested when the next all new movie staring Al Pacino and Robert Deniro acting like smug Italian police officers/gangsters comes out, they have already been in so many films doing the same things, its just a mockery of whatever film they roll out with next. I see how this is necessary like what you were saying here:

But it is just completely unnecessary in video games. The characters are computer generated images, they cant get fired. As for the voice acting, why the hell would they need to hire an actor to say the same words virtually any one else can? Really, anyone who isn't mute (or has a really bizarre voice) can fill this job, they don't even need to go outside their work building to complete voice acting.

Anyway its not really that big of a problem, its just annoying how M$ is yet again throwing us under the bus (although many of you don't realize that) in order to maximize profits. I am pissy, its just you don't realize what about, and you probably will never realize how the acting quality has anything to do with the benefits of adding their likeness and voice in a video game.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:31 pm

The Halo Movie is just going downhill soo much...

I am not going to be surprised if it turns out to be canceled. Although they are too far through making it and have probably used far to much money to just not release it, so they will, and it will be shit, but it will all be an attempt to loss a least money as possible.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:32 pm

well it currently is cancelled

I personally hope it is never made
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:34 pm

KrAzY wrote:I personally hope it is never made
Same, it will just end up as fuel for all the anti-Halo people.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:45 pm

From what i have seen anime has really begun a change for the better a good example is a show called Death Note i think it has a complex and intriguing plot that goes far beyond DBZ or Pokemon if you really want to see good anime watch that.

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Avenged wrote:From what i have seen anime has really begun a change for the better a good example is a show called Death Note i think it has a complex and intriguing plot that goes far beyond DBZ or Pokemon if you really want to see good anime watch that.
At my school, DeathNote is probably the most popular animes.
And I watched it before it was cool. Which obviously must mean the I am just SO AWESOEM.

DBA is probably the most known.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Another good one is Code Geass it also has a very good plot.

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:57 pm

"I HAZ POWERS"
"POWERS MAKE ME AWESOME SO I TAKE OVER TEH WORLD TO AVENGE MY MUM AND MAKE MY SISTAH HAPPY!!"
"OH WAIT, I KILLED MY MOM LOL"
"NOW MY SISTER IS CRYING AND I'M DEAD...... MISSION: SUCCESSFUL"

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:05 am

BBJynne wrote:"I HAZ POWERS"
"POWERS MAKE ME AWESOME SO I TAKE OVER TEH WORLD TO AVENGE MY MUM AND MAKE MY SISTAH HAPPY!!"
"OH WAIT, I KILLED MY MOM LOL"
"NOW MY SISTER IS CRYING AND I'M DEAD...... MISSION: SUCCESSFUL"

Tom Cruise part of Halo Movie??? - Page 3 Cat_wtf

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:12 am

I like the manga better (death Note)

avatar the last airbender is awesome

its not really japanese but it is in the same style

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:17 am

KrAzY wrote:Adam Baldwin
theres only so many voices in the industry... and some faces go with voices

Nathan Fillion....

and its not just his voice, the character dialog is written in the exact same vein and its performed the same way.

like its Malcom Reynolds, not Captain Hammer or just Nathan Fillion.

Honestly, I'm gonna treat ODST (if i even get it) as more of a Firefly Prequel and pretend its Mal during the rebellion and the covenant are the United Earth Federation (or whatever it was called)
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:18 am

Avenged wrote:Another good one is Code Geass it also has a very good plot.

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:37 pm

that episode was odd

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3