Guy sentenced six months for yawning

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Guy sentenced six months for yawning - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy sentenced six months for yawning

Post by Toaster on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:53 pm

eh, I disagree. If I worked hard for my entire life to be appointed as a Judge, and while I was giving some guy his sentence, he was all liek

I would throw that guys ass in jail.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Guy sentenced six months for yawning - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy sentenced six months for yawning

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Spartan15 wrote:yawning is only a natural thing with a human being and indicates they are tired or just releasing carbon dioxide

false.

the act of yawning is meant to (and does) dilate the capillaries in your head to allow better oxygen flow to your brain as well as cool your brain.

thats why after a really good natural yawn, you should actually feel the lowered temperature in your head just a bit.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:24 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:
I think those two things are very different in the context of this situation.

but we also have freedom of expression.

and yawning in disdain is still just an expression.

If you express your dream of blowing yourself up on a commercial airliner, you get your ass shot by a US flight marshal. If you express your unappreciative indifference towards a Judge's sentencing in a courtroom, you get your ass thrown in prison for six months.

Freedom of Expression has its boundaries. bounce
Exactly. That guy could have voiced his opinion respectfully, but he decided to be crude about it, like giving the judge the finger. Contempt of court. Six months was already extreme, but how much was he sentenced to in the first place? What was his behavior like previously?
I doubt that he was Mr. Nice Guy for the entirety of the trial, and then just yawned at the judge out of nowhere.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:45 am

That judge is racist or just douche, yawning is natural occurrence and if its forced its not very disruptive and really should be classified as freedom of expression.The most of what should of happens is him getting thrown out of the court. NOT SIX FUCKING MONTHS!
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:34 am

ReconToaster wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:

If you express your dream of blowing yourself up on a commercial airliner, you get your ass shot by a US flight marshal. If you express your unappreciative indifference towards a Judge's sentencing in a courtroom, you get your ass thrown in prison for six months.

That does make sense.

If I explode than how will i get shot by a US flight marshall. I would have already been dead.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:35 am

Zaki90 wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:

That does make sense.

If I explode than how will i get shot by a US flight marshall. I would have already been dead.

You didn't actually blow yourself up. You were shot before you hit the detonator.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:51 am

Yeah, I meant that if you express your dreams of blowing yourself up VOCALLY, you would get shot.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:46 pm

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum