Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vigil's Rants.

+42
mexicantaco1808
dragoon9105
JumpingJet
Spartan15
Gold Spartan
A_Bearded_Swede
Rotaretilbo
noir
Elabajaba
JB
laxspartan007
MrX
Chuckles
BBJynne
KrAzY
KristallNacht
Ukurse
Vtrooper
Dud Doodoo
Rasq'uire'laskar
Yam Head
kslidz
Divine Virus
Carcarius
CivBase
Nocbl2
Gauz
Angatar
XNate02
Toaster
Ringleader
Barbbachello
tiny tim
Ascendant Justice
PiEdude
Death no More
Felix
RX
Cheese
Lord Pheonix
Kasrkin Seath
Vigil
46 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Vigil's Rants. - Page 11 Empty Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by JumpingJet Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:31 pm

JumpingJet wrote:They have all had to become thoughtless linear games, i admit that The Elder Scrolls still is quite true to the RPG genre but it is slowly dwindling to the ever more basic compared to Morrowind.

DId you not read this FJ?
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Felix wrote:Dude, JJ let it go. It clearly is a troll and arguing with him/her doesn't do anything.

Sure, but the guys so far up his own arse that if no body said anything to him then he would think he bloody ruled the fucking roost.
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by I FJ I Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:05 pm

And you've been keeping tabs on us long enough to jump in when the opportunity presents itself, even though you really have nothing to contribute or gain here? Which is worse?
So, Mexicantaco, can we get that pagelink?

Eh, after HWF closed where was I going to go? My website is down the crapper right now, and I remember reading about this back when it was still up. I'm only reacting like this because you have a thread on the first page about how much I'm an asshole and how much you all hate me. I had to know why.

The old builds featured beautiful models, realistic unit movement, and a vibe closer to Halo than the finished product had. As a campaign/skirmish player who was never interested in multiplayer, that's what I miss.

Lol, you do realise that was a glorified tech demo and was probably just an early placeholder. The Firebase was a great idea as it meant limited base dominance and made map control harder to achieve therefore making it more a battle of armies than resource or base count. Movement is crappy though, so I agree with you there.

What we got was a truncated RTS with poor unit pathing, zero control groups, map navigability that's hit and miss (To quote Yatzee, exactly how the game decides which group is more 'next' than the other is an exercise left to the viewer.) and graphics that were cutting edge for PCs... in 2005.

The streamline versus dumbed-down debate is an old one, and I have yet to see anything to change my mind.

This was from the start, a console RTS. Most of what they did was to balance it for consoles. I you can't accept that, your a PC elitist and you have no place to judge it.

From what I remember, a lot of the hatred towards you was originally derived from accusing us of not liking Halo Wars because we suck at it, when a majority of our (Well, can't vouch for everyone, but the majority of the people I was keeping tabs on) were kvetching because Halo Wars was Halo, as done by Micheal Bay.
Well, some of you were complaining so heavily about every little thing, especially felix about such trivial things, just because it wasn't your Halo, and you didn't like the change of leadership and the mods. Taking it out on the new community because we actually liked the game and wanted to be the best at it wasn't cool. You shouldn't force me to agree with you just because you dislike what I'm good at.

Butthurt? Over a game that we decided wasn't worth mastering? Heh.
Kicked off? Some of us just left.

But really, why are you here? Just to poke us and make fun of us, or are you actually planning on staying and contributing?

The mods were changing things to make the site better and a site less dominated by seniors and their egos. You freaked the fuck out at that and trolled the shit out of the forum. If that isn't butthurt I don't know what is.

I want to see why you fuckers hate me so much, after 2 years have passed. Besides, I'd like to contribute if you at least gave me the benefit of the doubt before trying to lynch me.

Lessee here... We've got SCII and Company of Heroes. Both of those have strategy and long term planning.
Exactly, and I can show that HW does as well.

I'll go and check your Youtube channel out sometime this week (Busy schedule, hein?) but according to your own post further down below, a lot of the strategy to Halo Wars is 'spam the counter'.
That is to strategy what putting your underwear on in the morning is to dressing; only the beginning, and if you stop there, you find yourself quite bare.

Strategy is build orders, something which was oversimplified with the HW socket bases.
Example: When playing Terran vs Zerg in SC:BW, early placement of Supply Depots was crucial, since they could wall off chokepoints or guard bunkers, warding against Zergling rushes. Halo Wars has... well, those little turrets that are upgraded like we're playing Tower Defense. I feel that the lack of defensive strategems makes Halo Wars suffer.

For some reason, I've got a sense of Deja Vu. But since it's relevant, I'm going to bring up micromanaging. What, in Halo Wars, makes it EASY to select groups of units, select individual units in groups, and make it so that you can switch between control of these groups rapidly and accurately?

Well as I said before, my goal has always been to harass, to force them to counter that startegy and then counter that counter and win game. Having control of the hooks is crucial to winning and control of the supplies on the map as well. Starcraft is more an early defense then moving out and adapting, HW is a much aster version where you can win or lose pretty easily, and it's a lot like DOW2 as it mainly comes down to army composition and tactics.

Thnaks for checking channel, I do MW2 videos as well, and I really need to do some Reach and BLack Ops videos, but I've been busy moving back from UAE and getting a job here for the last few months.

If it makes you feel better, I don't care about you at all.

=/

Plus this site isn't populated by all former HWF members, so labeling everyone as "you people" isn't the most accurate.

So be careful who you're trying to insult.

I don't care about you either douchebag.

Everybody in this thread has been on HWF and all seem to hate me. So I'm insult them as they deserve IMO.

Sure, but the guys so far up his own arse that if no body said anything to him then he would think he bloody ruled the fucking roost.
And your a whiny little bitch who didn't read my posts. I disagreed about obvilion and I haven't played Fable or the other game.
I FJ I
I FJ I
Minion

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Yea definatly an april fools prank
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:23 pm

I FJ I wrote:

Good so now we're on both on the same level. Maybe we can become friendly later.

I FJ I wrote:

Everybody in this thread has been on HWF and all seem to hate me. So I'm insult them as they deserve IMO.

The only reason this conversation has been brought up again is because of Mexican taco quote an earlier post on this thread which was almost 2 years ago. (Nothing bad on Taco's part)

So i'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but most people here stopped thinking about you awhile ago.

=/
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by I FJ I Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Baconsen wrote:
I FJ I wrote:

Good so now we're on both on the same level. Maybe we can become friendly later.

I FJ I wrote:

The only reason this conversation has been brought up again is because of Mexican taco quote an earlier post on this thread which was almost 2 years ago. (Nothing bad on Taco's part)

So i'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but most people here stopped thinking about you awhile ago.

=/
Taco is a douche and your all douches for letting this be on your front page. What kind of message does it send out? Oh welcome new guys, just don't piss us off, or while bitch you out for 2 years.

Glad I made a lasting impression, because you wouldn't bring this back up and talk about it for several pages if you didn't.
I FJ I
I FJ I
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:32 pm

I FJ I wrote:
Baconsen wrote:
I FJ I wrote:

I FJ I wrote:

=/
Taco is a douche and your all douches for letting this be on your front page. What kind of message does it send out? Oh welcome new guys, just don't piss us off, or while bitch you out for 2 years.

Glad I made a lasting impression, because you wouldn't bring this back up and talk about it for several pages if you didn't.
We don't give a shit about you since you were always a troll to most of the members here. Trolls like you made HWF even shittier so we hated you for a reason, we don't hate new members unless they give us a reason to.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Cuase the title of the thread isn't "Vigil's rants". Its "All HWF members GTFO and stay out" yup, thank you for clarifying that for us Very Happy
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Mkay, people, writing this from work. Cut. It. Out.

If you've got a problem here, take it up with him on PM, Mkay? Or ask for his Xfire so y'all can have a nice group chat. For now, assuming he's an April Fools prank or a troll is just Kverking*, alright? Don't make me assume the role of the 'Only Sane and Mature Man' here.

Although he could have picked a better day than today to sign up. Surprised

*Kverking: verb The act of being a jerk to a person, with nebulous justification and counterproductive results.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by I FJ I Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:38 pm

I have one more thing to say, which I learned in UAE

وسعيد احمق/اليوم

That is all noobs.
I FJ I
I FJ I
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Google translate got me
Said idiot / day

Honestly...
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:44 pm

I FJ I wrote:
Taco has yet to be a douche here. So i can not take your word for it.

So i'm a douche for letting people post their thoughts about something? I had no idea...

Anyways, maybe if you change your attitude a bit, people will hate you less?

I FJ I wrote:

Meh.
Also don't use the plural "you;" not every member here posted in this thread to talk about you, and i'm one of them. The only reason i'm posting here talking to you is because you are apparently causing the other members here to get pretty annoyed.

So I want to ask you, why?
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by I FJ I Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:46 pm

نيسان "يوم سعيد الجهال

Any better jerk wad?
I FJ I
I FJ I
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:52 pm

I FJ I wrote:نيسان "يوم سعيد الجهال

Any better jerk wad?

Translation: Nissan a happy day for fools
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:59 pm

In other words. April fools Razz
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by I FJ I Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Bingo we have a winner.

Thanks for playing.
I FJ I
I FJ I
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Now for the other guessing game.
KrAzY?
NT?
Zaki?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Now for the other guessing game.
KrAzY?
NT?
Zaki?
Vigil.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:00 pm

I could IP ban him and see who doesn't come back

THAT would be funny Smile

Kidding of course.... its obviously vigil
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:18 pm

And here I was about to go and post "Guys, it's Aprils 1st."

I guess i'm not so clever after all...
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Vigil wrote:As we all know, games have changed a lot in the 15 odd years I've played them, with games being churned out at faster rates and having a lot more disposable income to spend. But if we go back to the beginning, I have to admit there were some games I played to death which may have completely turned my judgement about them.
I find it hard to distinguish "Good" from "It was good then". We always defend Halo: CE as being the best in the series, but it's not a good game now. There are a lot of shortcuts that were made because, back then, Bungie was a small developer. The following shortcomings would be inexcusable in a game made today, even by a mid-tier developer.
-Copy/Pasted maps: Bungie did this remarkably well: I only realized that Two Betrayals was the reverse of Assault on the Control Room on the third playthrough, and the map works well both ways. It's just something that would be undoable today.
-Small Sandbox: Face it: we're used to large numbers of weapons to play with in our FPSs. Halo: CE had a grand total of eight usable weapons, not counting grenades. Unless you had the pistol or the sniper rifle, you were stuck with short-range combat.
-Hunters. Just saying.
-Lack of ways to break up or accelerate combat.
Let's just say this: Ringleader may moan that it is a sell-out to the CoD n00blets, but it WAS a Godsend. With sprint, short-range weapons become viable ONCE AGAIN, because you can close distance or break engagement. I can name a few areas in Halo: CE that could have benefited from a sprint system, particularly because of the short-range nature of the weapons.

These flaws and more make Halo:CE a poor game by today's standards. I do not say this in order to make Halo look bad or claim that Reach is a better game. Halo is a GREAT game because its success and balance inspired more FPSs to use its innovations, and because it has aged very well compared to its contemporary FPSs. Most importantly, it gave us, all together, YEARS of entertainment and happiness.

Once we take the rose glasses off, we realize that games have improved since then. In some ways, they've regressed, yes. Halo 3 was not as balanced as the sandbox in Halo: CE. Gears of War has worse storytelling, in some ways. Graphics, animation, AI, user control have all taken huge strides, and these ARE valid points to evaluate a game. But the most important metric is: How much fun did you have with it? It is a game after all.

Oh, man, I could do the same rant for Return to Castle Wolfenstein. The enemies were absolutely predictable once you got to know them, you had a hyperspace arsenal on your back, and you stopped using all other small arms once you got the Sten. And you quit using the Sten and the rifles once you got the FG-42.
Fun as Hell, though.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:51 am

I find it hard to distinguish "Good" from "It was good then". We always defend Halo: CE as being the best in the series, but it's not a good game now. There are a lot of shortcuts that were made because, back then, Bungie was a small developer. The following shortcomings would be inexcusable in a game made today, even by a mid-tier developer.

Yeah, if Halo CE released now, it would have been a average selling game that would probably be forgotten after a year or so. But back in 2001, these ideas made sense and were revolutionary. I have to keep reminding myself when I played Perfect dark and Beyond Good and Evil, which I only got to recently, that at the time these games were released some of the design decisions were common and made sense due to the limitations of technology, whereas when I played them they played them, they felt a little clunky and some elements were pretty stupid buy today's standards (e.g. the stealth sections in BGAE, there are pretty tedious and almost broken by today's standards.)

Copy/Pasted maps: Bungie did this remarkably well: I only realized that Two Betrayals was the reverse of Assault on the Control Room on the third playthrough, and the map works well both ways. It's just something that would be undoable today.
As well as Keyes being a slightly tweaked version of Truth and Reconciliation and the Maw being a one of the Pillar of Autumn.

Devil may Cry 4 did it where after the halfway point your going through all the levels you just went through in reverse as a different character. It was a little cheap, but the fact they mixed it up a bit playing as Dante and the final few levels being completely new helped this. Dragon Age II shamelessly copies dungeon maps constantly, and it's one of my major complaints about it.

Small Sandbox: Face it: we're used to large numbers of weapons to play with in our FPSs. Halo: CE had a grand total of eight usable weapons, not counting grenades. Unless you had the pistol or the sniper rifle, you were stuck with short-range combat.
Pretty true, though the assualt rifle at a pinch can do it if you burst it. A big problem nevertheless.

Hunters. Just saying.

Don't remind me. Really hope if this supposed remake is real they replace the hunters with the more recent iterations, as they were just plain useless in CE.

Lack of ways to break up or accelerate combat.
There's this certain section near the end of Two Betrayals where you need to steal a banshee from a heavily fortified covenant hold out point which the flood attack from behind you. You usually get stuck between both sides, and given the heavy armour the covies have it makes it really hard to get past them. It would of been nice to be able to sneak along the side while they were preoccupied or have better ways to draw out some of them to soften them up.

Let's just say this: Ringleader may moan that it is a sell-out to the CoD n00blets, but it WAS a Godsend. With sprint, short-range weapons become viable ONCE AGAIN, because you can close distance or break engagement. I can name a few areas in Halo: CE that could have benefited from a sprint system, particularly because of the short-range nature of the weapons.
Yeah, AA gave a lot more tactical options and it made it a lot easier to try things a little more unorthodox than in Halo CE, sprint or drop shield would of been a godsend on the library. It would promote intuiative thinking to get out of situations instead of hoping they go could before your ammo count does.

These flaws and more make Halo:CE a poor game by today's standards. I do not say this in order to make Halo look bad or claim that Reach is a better game. Halo is a GREAT game because its success and balance inspired more FPSs to use its innovations, and because it has aged very well compared to its contemporary FPSs. Most importantly, it gave us, all together, YEARS of entertainment and happiness.

Exactly my point in the last rant. We judge it by it's legacy and it's impact on us when we played it to death all those years ago, not whether it could actually stand up to todays standards, sure that's a little unfair given how much the industry has changed since it's original release, but it's important to realise that even though the game will always have a place in my fond memories, I still at least recognise some of the flaws it had. Hell KOTOR II I'd be here all day talking about them, but I love that game regardless, due to the strong narrative and memories I have from it.

Once we take the rose glasses off, we realize that games have improved since then. In some ways, they've regressed, yes. Halo 3 was not as balanced as the sandbox in Halo: CE. Gears of War has worse storytelling, in some ways. Graphics, animation, AI, user control have all taken huge strides, and these ARE valid points to evaluate a game. But the most important metric is: How much fun did you have with it? It is a game after all.

They've improved for sure, and they have new problems that now blight us, some problems are eternal. And honestly, I've had as much fun with Mass Effect 2 that I did with KOTOR.

Oh, man, I could do the same rant for Return to Castle Wolfenstein. The enemies were absolutely predictable once you got to know them, you had a hyperspace arsenal on your back, and you stopped using all other small arms once you got the Sten. And you quit using the Sten and the rifles once you got the FG-42.
Fun as Hell, though.

I got that game a few christmases ago, got through a bit of it and couldn't get really in to it. Changes in taste I guess.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mexicantaco1808 Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:18 pm

I FJ I wrote:
mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Felix wrote:
mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Felix wrote:How active can a website about halo wars actually be? A fan based one at that.

Either way, we (at least I thought we did) lost interest in Halo Wars and the Halo Wars forums when we realized we all hated it (or just don't enjoy playing it any more)

Pretty active actually some people are going back to it but if you want to stop talking about halowars that fine but last thing if this makes vigil happy

http://www.halowars.com/stats/StatsGame.aspx?Id=11142756-9008-1399-7000-000000000000

We can keep talking about it, just saying it seems odd that a fan based site for halo wars is still active. To me anyway.
I dont know the population of halowars seems to be growing and there is actuall competition I can show you a link to the site but then you will see how FJ is racist as hell and how all the old players of the game lose alot and are pissed about it

Lol, Racist? Yeah right, it's just because you suck hard at Halo Wars. You only won because I was too slow to transition from hogs and you spammed cobras like a pussy.

Also, you losers are still bitching about me two years after the fact? Wow, you people seriously don't have any lifes at all.

FJ oohh FJ just admit your shit at halowars and I kicked your ass you racist bastard
mexicantaco1808
mexicantaco1808
Minion

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Taco, it was Vigil's April fools joke.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mexicantaco1808 Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Divine Virus wrote:Taco, it was Vigil's April fools joke.

oohh :oops:
mexicantaco1808
mexicantaco1808
Minion

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum