Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Man Standing

4 posters

Go down

Last Man Standing Empty Last Man Standing

Post by JumpingJet Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:52 pm

A bit from the Author:

Yeh! For all you guys who do not know me, i am JumpingJet.

I would like to say i used to be a very sucsessfull writer getting second place in FFotM and most nominations for my FF's.

Although i have been slacking lately and i have not wrote in a long time.

I would like to take this time to practice my skills and get ready for the up-comming FF contest to win ODST. Plus to keep all you guys happy as you will all hopefully enjoy my style of writing.

Anyway, thats me, i hope you like my FF!

JumpingJet

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Up Coming Chapters:

Prologue: Part 1 = Out Now!!!

Prologue: Part 2 = Out Now!!!

Chapter 1 = 17'th August (Im going on holiday to my aunts)

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Last Man Standing

Prologue: Part 1

War leaves scars on humanity and its creations. In days before war there was peace; lands once thrived with glory and significance. But, now drown in destruction and poverty. Cities felt the grip of decline, ever twining towards unthinkable disaster. This was the story that was bestowed upon a small town on United Earth, a small town named Prosuco. Its story of prosperity before downfall was one of the greatest stories ever known to man. But to understand its downfall you must understand the past, the past centred on a young teenage boy named Tom.

Prologue: Part 2

“Sir, the situation is getting critical! We need to think of something!” exclaimed a marine murmuring under his nerves. “We cant just stay and hide behind this wall forever!”
The officer began to become annoyed, Covenant on his fucking back all week. His mind was clouded, he had made several stupid mistakes all day due to frustration; many marines under his command began to question his authority.
“Sir?” No reply
“Sir!” The marine shouted this time.
“YES!” The officer shouted back in an aggressive voice, then to realise he went a bit over the top.
A plasma mortar hit the ground, missing them by just metres
He sighed, and then started to give his orders.
“Corporal, take the left flank and target their perimeter. Give suppressive fire for Tom and his team to go around the right to lead way for you to move up and distract them to Tom’s team attack.
“Sir, do you really think we should be going of the offen-.”
“For gods sake, SHUT UP!” The officer became stressed, “Just do as you are told marine!”
“Yes sir.” He said reluctantly, but with a slight sense of respect.
The Corporal looked at top and gave him a nod. “Good luck.” Then strode off to meet his platoon and give the orders.
The Officer waited until the Corporal was out if sight, then turned to tom and began to talk uncontrollably fast.
“Right, Tom we are not going to survive this, no-one here id going to be alive in 20 seconds apart from you! Do you know why that is?
Tom shook is head.
“Because, you’re going to get out of here, you need to run, run to outpost delta, its not far. When you get there talk to Sergeant Major Bellard. Tell him that he was right, I am a coward.”
“Is that is Sir?” Tom asked confused.
Another Mortar hit the ground even closer this time.
“No! Of course that isn’t it. He paused, tell him he was right and plans should go ahead.”
He looked at the officer puzzled, but the officer didn’t make things any clearer.
Battle roars could be heard from the covenant lines.
“Go now! Go! Get to the outpost!”
The Corporal’s team engaged the enemy in the background.
The officer screamed at the top of his lungs over the battle.
“Go! For gods sake go now! There’s no time, you need to g-.”
The Officer was silence by a plasma mortar directly hitting his position.
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Shouted Tom in an enraged voice. But he saw sense, there was no point staying here, to wait for death to take him.
So he ran, he ran as fast as he could, to the outpost.
He could hear bullet fire coming from the corporals position that died down one gun at a time. Until silence. Focused on the battle he tripped face first to the ground.
He rolled over to get up to find an elite standing above him.
Confusingly it spoke:
“Tom”
“Tom”
“Tom”
“Tom”

Chapter 1

Tom found himself being turned over and shaken violently.

“Tom”
“Tom”
“Tom”
“Tom”
His mother shuck him constantly chanting his name telling him to wake up until he was about to through up, which eventually he did. He jumped up out of bed and ran to the bathroom in the corner of his room not noticing his mother feet which seconds later he tripped up over, spewing vomit all over the floor soaking into the carpet yards from the cleanable bathroom tiles.

His mother picked him up and this time taking a softer approach, she dusted him off, smiled and pointed to the bathroom. “Go on, go and clean your self up.”

He hastily made his way towards the bathroom and stared deeply into the mirror, turning on the tap. His mother back in the bedroom was chanting the usual: “You got to be at school every morning on time and work hard if you want to succeed.” But Tom wasn’t listening; he just carried on staring into the mirror, completely forgetting about the vomit all down his front.

He didn’t ask for much in life, water, food and a place to sleep. He had no aims in his lifetime, waking up every morning he followed the same routine; school, eat and sleep. Although, he did have dreams like any other teenager his age, he just didn’t strive for them. His parents wondered why he doesn’t bother anymore, but they just gave up.

Water spilled and ran down the side of the cabinet upholding the sink. “Shit!”

“I heard that son.”

“Sorry, Mum.”

Reaching for a bath towel he started to mop up all the water soaking into the cracks in the grouting. One thing he did want thought was to join the Army, well, the RAF really. If there was one thing in life he liked it was a thrill, he remembered when he was on holiday abroad, and he jumped off a high rock standing 3 storied tall whilst swimming in small tourist Waterfall Lake. The people cheered as he hit the water and raised the surface. He did something no one else dared to do. It gave him the sense of heroism; he thought that was what he could get from the RAF, a thrill and committing heroic deeds.

Next, he unplugged the sink and let some of the water out, then putting it back in when there was an adequate amount of water in to wash his face in. Pulling the spot cream out of the cupboard above he applied it to his face, acne was his worst foe, worse than the Covenant any day. He often dreamed about fighting in the war, joining his father in the ranks, shooting down those banshees. It was hard for his mother as a single mother, having to work full time to keep him in clothes, food and under a roof.

Finishing in the bathroom he strode back into his bedroom where his mother had already laid out his clothes on his bed.

“Right Tom, come on get dressed you need to be out of here, you’re late!”

“But” Tom said “I still need to go into the show-.”

“No, no, no, you don’t have time, come on slip these on.”

He sighed, and started to slip on his clothes whilst his mother went downstairs, no doubt to fetch his money for dinner. Finishing his tie he started towards the door when it burst open smashing into Tom’ face, catching him off balance knocking him to the floor.

“Tom, I don’t have the coins for your dinner I only have a note is that-.” She cut herself off. “What you doing on the floor? Come on get up.”

She pulled him to his feet, again dusting him off.

Handing him the note she urged him down the stairs and told him to get his shoes on. He did, and opened the door to go to school being watched by his mother.

“Remember Tom, hair cut tonight!” beckoned Tom’s mother from the top of the staircase.

“Yes, Mum.” Tom sighed quietly in an unenthusiastic voice as he pulled closed the front door to go to school.

Scuffing the bottom of his shoes along the hard gritty concrete, Tom dragged himself down the drive and wondered towards the path to school.

The walk to school wasn’t a long one, but he was late and he knew it. Noticing a bus pulling up at the bus stop at the end of his street he sprinted down the road nearly knocking over the little children walking to school gripping their mother’s hand. Disaster, the doors of the bus started to close. “WAIT!” He shouted. He knew it probably wouldn’t work; no bus driver ever waits for you if you’re not at the stop when he is. But, miracles happen, the bus stopped and he hopped on. Handing his note to the driver he didn’t look pleased.

“Sorry sunny, have you got anything smaller?”

“No, I’m sorry I don-.” He started to say but one of Tom’s friends, Matthew noticed tom get on the bus. He jumped up from his seat which was moments later taken by a chav and ran to the front of the bus.

“Here you go.” He said handing the bus driver his own change.

Toms face lit up.

“Come on Tom.” Matthew gestured towards two spare seats. They sat down, before Tom could say his thanks Matthew blurted out “Phew, Tom, What happened to you? Fall in a pile of Cow Shit on your way down the road?” Matthew laughed hysterically; he tended to do that at his own jokes. But Tom didn’t he just ignored him and stared out of the window.

Last edited by JumpingJet on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:39 am; edited 6 times in total
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Last Man Standing Empty Re: Last Man Standing

Post by JumpingJet Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:07 am

No-Body want to read?

Anyway, even if you dont i am putting up the second part to the prologue today.
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by R!zZle BiZzl£ Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:16 am

cool, ill be reading. ;)
R!zZle BiZzl£
R!zZle BiZzl£
Minion

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:54 am

Razz TY!

So, havnt you already seen this at HWF though?
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:35 pm

Part 2 is up.
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by R!zZle BiZzl£ Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:54 pm

few spelling errors, but other than that it was great. Smile
R!zZle BiZzl£
R!zZle BiZzl£
Minion

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:12 am

Sorry guys, just got back from holiday and will be putting up next chapter soon.

I am also starting a new story but it isnt a FF its more of a novel
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by thane321 Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:48 am

JumpingJet wrote:
He rolled over to get up to find an elite standing above him.
Confusingly it spoke:
“Tom”
“Tom”
“Tom”
“Tom”

and that is why you never take LSD.

jk, it was good imo Razz
thane321
thane321
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1142
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:05 am

Lol, thanks.

Might be able to get Chapter 1 up today...

Dont bank on it though.
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:51 pm

goood stuff you have a couple typos

like instead of of you have if and instead of it you have is

kslidz