Aliens Vs. Predator

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Aliens Vs. Predator - Page 8 Empty Re: Aliens Vs. Predator

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Whoever reviewed it never tried the controls on the PC witch can be customized to how you want them like every other FPS on this planet.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:54 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:.

Still getting the game. Who's with me?!
AYE!
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:36 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:Well Im really sad face now. Sad I know I shouldn't care because it's just a review from a magazine, but I did not expect AvP to get such a low score.

They gave it a 5.75/10.

I really disagree with the points they brought up in their review. I can't say anything about the single player but they kept bashing the controls in the multiplayer. Seriously if you think that the controls are too confusing or bad or whatever. Then I'm sorry but yout f'ing retarded.

Which magazine?
I still plan on buying it
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Male Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Yam Head wrote:Which magazine? I still plan on buying it
GameInformer.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:41 pm

To be honest some times they nit pick the shit out of games. I dont think anything can make them happy
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Personally I find the combat terrible. It's alright at times, but when you're a predator and you do things like leaping at an alien and just mashing your first and second move, it just is stupid. It's a matter of who can press buttons faster, or who is the stronger race. It's too fast and poorly coded to be actually comprehensible, so you have no idea what's going on in close combat.

It has a lot of potential, and the game is apparently running 2 month old code, so that might be it, but I still wouldn't buy this.
Ziggy
Ziggy
Minion

Male Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:12 pm

For me personally, I disagree with all that.

The controls are fine. The close combat is fine. It's more then just mashing buttons when you utilize your block and your focus mode. It's not a "whoever is a predator wins" game. Every species has a chance at killing eachother equally wheather it's close combat or not. It's not too fast. It's not confusing. Everything is fine.

Look, yes there are times when some if these things I just mention get a little crazy. Such as close combat and the Alien's speed etc. Which happens to the best games out there. But I can say from my personal experience from the Demo, that these instances happend very little. Again from "my" playing of the demo.

And I don't know anything about the code but, the game seems to be running just fine to me. Well, the demo that is. It does state that the demo is running code that does not reflect the final product. Then again they always say that with demos but, that's besides the point! Razz

Now, I can speak for myself obviously, so if you had a bad experience with the game well then sorry. Remember that the demo is simply deathmatch so there is going to be plenty of other modes. People will/should learn how to properly use each species. And even though right now I may be sounding like I'm trying to change your opinion, sorry I'm not. Just simply stating what I belive to be true. Which you are doing the same so, I can't and am not mad at all. People have opinions, and I accept that. Smile

So anyways, Aliens Vs Predator is a game that I think may be a "fly under the radar kind of game". Most people will take one look at reviews at probably not give it the kind of attention that I believe it derserves. And yeah I am saying all this from playing only the demo sence the game itself is not even out yet but again...

That's just how I feel. (sorry, I wrote a wall-o-text)
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:11 am

RockaHolicGameR wrote:

HELL FUCKING YEAH!

Ziggy wrote:Personally I find the combat terrible. It's alright at times, but when you're a predator and you do things like leaping at an alien and just mashing your first and second move, it just is stupid. It's a matter of who can press buttons faster, or who is the stronger race. It's too fast and poorly coded to be actually comprehensible, so you have no idea what's going on in close combat.

It has a lot of potential, and the game is apparently running 2 month old code, so that might be it, but I still wouldn't buy this.
Their is no stronger race if you actually played it long enough, its the player. They all have disadvantages and advantages that equal each one out. A marine player just has as much of a chance a predator player to obtain first.

The combat system is fine, if you haven't noticed its a triangle type. Light beats heavy, block beats light, heavy beats block. It takes some skill to known which one to use at times since they can switch pretty quickly between each one.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:20 am

I kind of agree with Ziggy, the demo is fun, but sometimes I feel like its a "who can spam the light attack the fastest" contest really.

Though, one of my friends who loves to be an alien is really good at it, running on the ceiling over an enemy, then targeting them and heavy attacking, really effective.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:36 pm

I know all about the counters, but it gets so frantic that you cannot see a thing going on. The aliens move so god damn fast that its just a blur around you and you're locked on mashing left and right click hoping to pull off a lucky shot. Th
Ziggy
Ziggy
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:13 pm

As human the second i see an alien leave my crossair i put up a block to prevent getting stunned. then i try to melee to knock the alien off balance and shoot him when he is on the floor or charging a heavy.

aliens are zergrushers, get in close and light attack spam the crap out of the enemy or ambush them and insta kill them with your tail.

Preds mainly mix both but do neither very well, to balance that they have some of the most dangerous toys to use to kill people, mines, instakill spears, the disc, and the blaster.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:50 pm

I wanted to get the demo, but my comp took one look at the requirements and died. No xbl or ps3 makes getting the demo pretty hard for either of those.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:I wanted to get the demo, but my comp took one look at the requirements and died. No xbl or ps3 makes getting the demo pretty hard for either of those.
My computer ran it a bit laggy untill I lowered the resolution and then it was fine.
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:45 pm

I hope this guy is not like those haters and likes it as much as we do...

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/aj/topreasons/17054-aliens-vs-predator-is-awesome
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:24 pm

I won as a human ^.^
I was so happy. They even tried working together, but i was a like SHOTGUN TO THE FACE and such. ^_^

Aliens Vs. Predator - Page 8 Ironmanl
.:Live Life, Love Life:.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:27 pm

I take it you probably won't be buying it anytime soon Bacon but did you at least enjoy it like we did? Smile
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:38 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:I take it you probably won't be buying it anytime soon Bacon but did you at least enjoy it like we did? Smile

Well, i'm saving up money for my car for now. I might pick it up after its under $40 or so.

For the enjoyment factor...

I'm not a fan of free for all, they should of put species deathmatch, but anyways. I'm iffy about the demo. I like the controls for the human and alien(never had an issue controlling the bugger), but the Pred I'm not sure of. The map was eh at best and i found myself putting the brightness all the way to see. I can see many cheap strategies being used with the predator which i'm nervous about. Oh, and TROPHY KILLS SUCK. They take too long.

BUT

I really enjoy the "Holy Shit I'm Gonna Die" experience while playing as the humans. The alien was very fun to play as too. I spent a whole match hissing at people. ^_^ The campaign looks enjoyable, but you can easily tell that the main focus will be the multiplayer.

The demo has things that i love and things that bug the hell out of me. But I think its unfair for me to judge this game on a few rounds of deathmatch. I'll be keeping my eye on this game.

Aliens Vs. Predator - Page 8 Ironmanl
.:Live Life, Love Life:.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Baconsen wrote:I'll be keeping my eye on this game.
Glad to hear it. We'll be waiting for you. We'll have a hissing party. ^_^
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by TYFIGHTER on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:47 pm

I really love the feeling of dread you get playing as a human. Its fucking intense. I have a hard time with the controls for the Alien, which sucks because they seem awesome. Maybe I can get better with it over time... Overall Id say its pretty fun but I doubt I'll buy it.
TYFIGHTER
TYFIGHTER
Minion

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:10 pm

Played humans, doubled everybody and came first. Wayyyy too easy. Sit there, bash them in the face, shotgun to the head, win. Or just run around with the assault rifle and shoot the alien fuckers in the head before they get to you.

Alien is good, but is just way too easily killed by the predator if the predator has the spear or disc.

I never get a chance to play predator anymore because everybody just rushes predator.

They're really fucking retarded to release FFA. I'd prefer it if they had team matches, because I can see it making more sense to have a team of marines, or a team of aliens, and maybe one or two predators.
Ziggy
Ziggy
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:34 am

yes but two predators working together usually lock down a game unless you also get a coordinated squad of marines. (no trophy killin when your watching your buddies back)

but one thing that annoys me is if your playing with your friend and you are both human the motion tracker wont shut the hell up when your trying to work with someone. Its great for building up tension and suspense but when its pinging in your ear and every time you look down its the same exact contact your covering s they advance it just gets to the point where you want to turn it off and fly blind.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:39 am

Gee...maybe because your not supposed to be working together? Its Deathmatch afterall. FFA. Yes I agree that they shoud have put in a team based mode but they didn't so tuff nuggets.

There will be a Team Deathmatch/Species Deathmatch in the full version.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:45 am

New trailer by the way...

Ultimate Multiplayer Trailer
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by R!zZle BiZzl£ on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:55 am

just played the demo, and thought it was great Very Happy
i played as the alien and i loved sneaking behind people and biting their heads Very Happy
also, surprisingly, it was balanced out and no one had a major advantage.
R!zZle BiZzl£
R!zZle BiZzl£
Minion

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:46 am

Oh I cant wait for this game! I will love to be a predator stalking my prey, or be the last man standing in a alien infestation game Very Happy
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next