We can finally stop holding our breath

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We can finally stop holding our breath Empty We can finally stop holding our breath

Post by Toaster on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:24 pm

http://kotaku.com/5324813/peter-jackson-halo-game-no-longer-happening

It's dead. It's over. It has been as such for something like a year and they have finally decided to let us know.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

We can finally stop holding our breath Empty Re: We can finally stop holding our breath

Post by Lord Pheonix on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:26 pm

"Microsoft Game Studios is deeply committed to supporting and strategically growing the Halo franchise"

Code for

"Microsoft is very interested in milking this cow for all she's got"

Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

We can finally stop holding our breath Empty Re: We can finally stop holding our breath

Post by Divine Virus on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:29 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:"Microsoft Game Studios is deeply committed to supporting and strategically growing the Halo franchise"

Code for

"Microsoft is very interested in milking this cow for all she's got"

Dude I love milk!
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Goodbye to one of the only sequels that might have been good.

I salute you!

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:11 pm

I see no article on Halo: Chronicles, all I see is a link to something about rice.

Anything on this that's not from K****u?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:31 pm

PiEman wrote:I see no article on Halo: Chronicles, all I see is a link to something about rice.

Anything on this that's not from K****u?

Gawker Media was founded in NEW YORK CITY and Brian Crecente, the editor of Kotaku, is white. The only relation to Japan is the name, which is based off of a Japanese word.

But, just for you: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/24/peter-jackson-halo-chronicles-no-longer-happening/
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbbachello on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:08 am

I was interested in seeing what that was. Guess we will never know!
Barbbachello
Barbbachello
Minion

Male Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:08 am

I dunno... it could have been cool. Yah, Microsoft's out to milk its cow, but there's someone else lurking in the corners that nobody has looked at: Frankie O'Conner.

He was the one in charge of making sure the Halo story was kept straight in both Halo Wars and the Halo Legends films. Apparently, he gave the anime companies 100% freedom with Halo Legends and it sure doesn't sound like he did anything with Halo Wars. This guy is Bungie's ambassador for the Halo franchise and I say we roast him on a stick and feed him to the jackals.

But anyways, I'm not going to blame Microsoft until they cut Bungie out of the picture. It's Frankie that I'm after.

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:16 am

Haro Regends just makes me physically sick to think about.

I can't believe Bungie sold themselves out to some two-bit anime artists just to scrape up some extra cash.

I won't even rent ODST because of this.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:23 am

First of all PiE you are an idiot ODST will be great and don't judge Halo Legends before we actually see it from what i hear the samurai brute and mech spartan and motorcycle with wings in space are all from the spoof episode i hope its true but we won't know until we get more details or it comes out. Also Halo Legends is supposed to give back story and remember the only terrible Halo product was made by Ensamble this is supervised by Bungie so they won't fuck up the story I hope.

Now then what I want to see is a game made by Michael Bay.

Not really it would be terrible.

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:38 am

I wasn't saying ODST looked bad, I'm just saying I won't contribute to Bungie for letting this happen.

And I don't care what Haro: Regends is about, it's anime, and therefore automatically sucks and must be kept at least 50,000 miles away from Halo at all times.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 am

Pie, renting a game doesn't contribute to Bungie. The game was already purchased by the rental company. Bungie won't get any more money from it, no matter how many times it's rented out.

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:49 am

Pie wrote:I can't believe Bungie sold themselves out
Pie wrote: I won't contribute to Bungie for letting this happen.

BUNGIE HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE HALO LICENSE AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HALO LEGENDS!!!

How many times do I have to fucking say it?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:52 am

YES IT DOES HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH HARO REGENDS! FRANKIE GAVE WHOEVER IS MAKING IT THE GREEN LIGHT AND SUPPORTS THIS! FRANKIE=BUNGIE'S REPRESENTATION! BUNGIE ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN! CAPS LOCK TO EMPASIZE MY RAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 am

Wow Pie you suck Bungie does one thing you don't like and you won't buy a really good game made by Bungie I mean its not like they are gonna continue pumping out shit the only one who would do that is microsoft not Bungie so lets just hold our breath and hope for the best with Halo Legend because there acually is such a thing as good anime like Spirited Away for example. So don't judge all anime based on the shit you watched when you were seven just give Halo Legends a chance it could turn out to be great....or terrible but you get my point at least watch it.

Also just so everyone knows Halo Legends will be available on XBL for free.

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:54 am

PiEman wrote:YES IT DOES HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH HARO REGENDS! FRANKIE GAVE WHOEVER IS MAKING IT THE GREEN LIGHT AND SUPPORTS THIS! FRANKIE=BUNGIE'S REPRESENTATION! BUNGIE ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN! CAPS LOCK TO EMPASIZE MY RAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie no longer works for Bungie. He has been corrupted by Big papa M$.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:59 am

PiEman wrote:YES IT DOES HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH HARO REGENDS! FRANKIE GAVE WHOEVER IS MAKING IT THE GREEN LIGHT AND SUPPORTS THIS! FRANKIE=BUNGIE'S REPRESENTATION! BUNGIE ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN! CAPS LOCK TO EMPASIZE MY RAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Please Pie. You're just a rasist and an idiot.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:01 am

ReconToaster wrote:
Pie wrote:I can't believe Bungie sold themselves out
Pie wrote: I won't contribute to Bungie for letting this happen.

BUNGIE HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE HALO LICENSE AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HALO LEGENDS!!!

How many times do I have to fucking say it?
Despite the funding from Microsoft, Bungie's Halo representative Frankie O'Conner was still hired to keep the story on the right track. Bungie did, indeed, have a part in it.

However, Pie, renting ODST will not contribute to Bungie in any way whatsoever.
Avenged117 wrote:Wow Pie you suck Bungie does one thing you don't like and you won't buy a really good game made by Bungie I mean its not like they are gonna continue pumping out shit the only one who would do that is microsoft not Bungie so lets just hold our breath and hope for the best with Halo Legend because there acually is such a thing as good anime like Spirited Away for example. So don't judge all anime based on the shit you watched when you were seven just give Halo Legends a chance it could turn out to be great....or terrible but you get my point at least watch it.

Also just so everyone knows Halo Legends will be available on XBL for free.
Umm... he doesn't hate it because it's anime, he hates it because it looks like it's going to suck. And no, they're not part of the spoof as they're made by three different companies with three clearly different art styles (one even used 3D modeling).

BTW, I've seen Spirited Away like 20 times and I hate it. It wasn't bad the first time, but it's over two hours long and it was the only thing on TV all summer when I didn't have XBL.

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:04 am

I am pretty sure its part of a spoof and i couldn't see three different art styles during the ridiculous shit.

And also don't forget if you saw a samurai spartan before Halo 3's release you would have shit bricks onto the face of Bungie but instead you saw it when you got the game and it wasn't that bad of a game actually it was a great game so don't judge Halo Legends before you see it after all its not like we have to buy Halo Legends.

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Carcarius on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:15 am

when is Halo Kart racing coming out?
Carcarius
Carcarius
Minion

Male Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:20 am

Microsoft is so darn stupid, its insane!!!

To think that they would turn down a probably OK movie to make a god awful halo anime

Last edited by Ringleader on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:26 am

PiEman wrote:Haro Regends just makes me physically sick to think about.

I can't believe Bungie sold themselves out to some two-bit anime artists just to scrape up some extra cash.

Bungie doesn't own Halo, they're just the primary developer for the series. Microsoft is the one milking Halo for all it's worth.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Crimson Annoyance

Male Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:31 am

LH Justin wrote:
PiEman wrote:Haro Regends just makes me physically sick to think about.

Bungie doesn't own Halo, they're just the primary developer for the series. Microsoft is the one milking Halo for all it's worth.

Dude i love milk! Especially if it's Halo flavored. Razz
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:54 am

the milk is turnin soua
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:57 pm

Felix wrote:

Please Pie. You're just a rasist and an idiot.

Learn 2 spell.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next