Assumptions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Assumptions Empty Assumptions

Post by Etsharrin Hopsarrith on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:42 pm

I am assuming that since all the threads in this forum are dedicated each to a single member's introductory note, that that is what I am expected to do as well. Well, I dont know how this forum setup really works just yet but this is my first post here at Crimson Flame.

I've got pretty good spelling and I try to keep after my grammar, but if I hang out here for any kind of time at all you guys (whoever you are) will eventually get hit with one of my famous mile-long sentences.... they go on and on and on sometimes.

The sad part is I dont seem to notice them. They are how my brain conjures thoughts, so... if you see one, feel free to notify me, so I can try to amend it somewhat, as however I am able to. I dont mind if you're not a mod, this is something I've been recruiting tons of people to help me with, and hardly none of them have any kind of status or rank. It's okay, really.

I dont take flak very well, so if I appear tempermental it's for a reason. Someone has ticked me off. However, most of the time I try to appear jovial, but this has proven an arduous task because nomatter how good I feel in the real world I always seem to come across in text format as really pissed off ALL the time... (sigh) The guys at my Bungie group dont seem to have this problem, but the girls at the Pern invisionfree group do.

I dont know, maybe I just hang better with guys than with girls. But, if I ever appear to have any particular attitude, please ASK ME before you start accusing, because I have a longstanding problem with this - it may or may not be the truth of the matter at all. I try so hard to be concise and clear when I make posts but sometimes I still fail uberly. Let me know if I'm coming across as pissy or irate... nine times out of ten I'm really not that irked, so... just an FYI for you guys here at Crimson Flame who dont know me yet.

Well... I like things that blow up, explode, go boom... oddly enough I dont like sharp, sudden, loud noises, like breaking glass. Nothing will make me cringe and flinch faster than breaking glass. But if I'm prepared for it I guess, as with explosives, I'm okay with it. I enjoy engines, though I dont know much about them, and I'm really fond of my daddy's old '95 Chevy pickup truck... I like anything that will blow my hair back, really. Horses, motorcycles, a truck with the window rolled down. Yeah.

Um... I have a lot of creative hobbies, I like to paint, to draw (usually with pencils, but sometimes I use ink too) sculpting, though not often, I like to assemble beads on fishing line in such intricate knots that nobody ever figures out exactly what it was I did... but it usually looks pretty nice. Um... what else. Well, I do enjoy to play a lot of games, and my main is FPS's... my biggie was Halo CE, and then the other two to round off the story. I dont own Halo Wars or Halo; ODST, and will probably spend some more time bereft of such ownership... am a bit lacking in funds at the moment.

I like to travel a lot, but I've only just begun to do so. In a few weeks time I'll be off across the 'States, heading north to make an advert presentation live onstage with my best friend, who lives up there. I am... oh, I like to write novels, too, and my first (has fingers crossed) is at the publishers - Baen Books, to be specific.

Well.... I cant think of anything else, so sans rambling, I'll leave it at that.
-Etsharrin Hopsarrith
Etsharrin Hopsarrith
Etsharrin Hopsarrith
Minion

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Assumptions Empty Re: Assumptions

Post by RX on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:59 pm

Wow... That's the most impressive introduction post I have ever laid my eyes on! Welcome to The Crimson Flame and do enjoy your stay! Can I just ask who directed you here/how you got here?
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:03 pm

welcome. And wow.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:21 pm

Daaaaammm. Welcome. We may have finally gotten a smart one. Smile
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:28 pm

haha Lord Phoenix i think we got a smart one here Razz

Oh ya enjoy your stay, Lord Phoenix owns your soul, but hes a nice dictator >.< sometimes

hehehe *busts a wine bottle near your ear* How is that for sharp noises Razz

Last edited by Death no more on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Etsharrin Hopsarrith on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Lord Pheonix demands your attention from ~SeathHWF

I got this message in my inbox at my deviantART account. I got the initial recruitment message, but it didnt have a link. So Seath and I talked about it for a few notes before he did send me a link, and I decided to go ahead and check it out, because he had the good fortune to mention Halo... which is my current obsession.

So that's who brought me over (no idea what Seath's screenname here would be) and that's why I'm here.... I had no idea my simple "hello" would get a "wow, we got a smart one", though... that I find a little disturbing!! Lord Phoenix cannot have my soul, however... that was long ago gone into Covenant space looking for a fight. I'll let you guys know if I ever see it, though.

LOL
-Etsharrin Hopsarrith
Etsharrin Hopsarrith
Etsharrin Hopsarrith
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:32 pm

Etsharrin Hopsarrith wrote:Lord Pheonix demands your attention from ~SeathHWF

I got this message in my inbox at my deviantART account. I got the initial recruitment message, but it didnt have a link. So Seath and I talked about it for a few notes before he did send me a link, and I decided to go ahead and check it out, because he had the good fortune to mention Halo... which is my current obsession.

So that's who brought me over (no idea what Seath's screenname here would be) and that's why I'm here.... I had no idea my simple "hello" would get a "wow, we got a smart one", though... that I find a little disturbing!! Lord Phoenix cannot have my soul, however... that was long ago gone into Covenant space looking for a fight. I'll let you guys know if I ever see it, though.

LOL
-Etsharrin Hopsarrith
seath..... are we even supposed to recruit?
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:02 pm

LP just said one day randomly that we needed minions

LP: "We need new minions. Do you know where we could get some?"
I said "You know that place dA?"
LP: "The place with all the furries?!"
KS(me): "erm... yeah that one. Not everyone there is a furry. I could ask some people if they wanted to take a look at the place here or something."
LP: "o.O? Okay, but no more than like five people, I dont want hte place to be flooded so that the members divide up into sects like what happened at HWF"
KS: "Okay, I'll send a message to everyone I am watching on dA"
LP: "How many people is that?"
KS: " around 60"
LP: "You are already disobeying my orders, I said like 5, not 12 times that amount, lol"
KS: "Well, I dont expect more than like one person to respond positively to sending out a recruiting message. Should I title it Lord Pheonix Demands New Minions or Lord Pheonix Demands souls for the harvest?"
Someone else: " Say lp demands your attention, sounds less... strange"
KS: " ok."
*sends message*
I wonder how many complaint notes I will get back... About 3 so far

Oh, HAI!!

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:18 pm

welcome

although to be honest your post would be shorter if it wasn't 90% filled with random off topic stuff.

enjoy your stay.
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Hello and welcome to CF
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:48 pm

*meak poast*

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:08 am

You can draw? And Seath got you from Deviant Art?

*takes EH (for lack of a better nick-name) by the shoulder*

You know what friend? I could use some help right about now.
Look at the "Okay, I'm gonna try this again" thread in the Crimson Comics section.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by L0d3x on Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:27 am

tldr

L0d3x
Minion

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by noir on Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:46 am

Hey there, hows life?
noir
noir
Minion

Female Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:07 am

Hello and welcome.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:42 am

Welcome to TCF!

Assumptions Ironmanl
.:Live Life, Love Life:.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Holy shit....Welcome to TCF indeed!
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:45 pm

I am the Lord Pheonix, I am glad you responded to the message.

I have no doubt you will do well here, though you will find some of our other members not quite so.....................intellegent. Id say something else, but might as well be blunt about it as they won't understand anyway.

Welcome, and enjoy yourself.

Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:50 am

Wow, where is ang with the "I love you"?
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by noir on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:I am the Lord Pheonix, I am glad you responded to the message.

I have no doubt you will do well here, though you will find some of our other members not quite so.....................intellegent. Id say something else, but might as well be blunt about it as they won't understand anyway.

Welcome, and enjoy yourself.

Yes, yes and you'll have to get used to the admin's terminal depression and apparent dislike for his own forum.
noir
noir
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Etsharrin Hopsarrith on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Well, *shrugs arm off of shoulders* I'll look into the comic thing. I tend to have an on-again, off-again relationship with my drawing abilities. Generally my best work comes out when I'm suicidally depressed. (I havent killed myself yet, though, so... *has fingers crossed*)

And you may call me Hops... everyone else does. Hops or Hopsarrith, hardly nobody but the brass ever really calls me Etsharrin. (barring when my buddies are really peeved with me, then they get formal, too).

If I can figure out my way around this place before the thread disappears or I forget where it is, I'll likely post any imagery I conjure for the comic plea inside the thread itself asking for the help. Sound fair? Just dont hold your breath, I draw really slowly when I'm doing comics.

-Etsharrin Hopsarrith
Etsharrin Hopsarrith
Etsharrin Hopsarrith
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by noir on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Thats cool, where ya' hail from anyhow?
noir
noir
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:04 pm

Etsharrin Hopsarrith wrote:Well, *shrugs arm off of shoulders* I'll look into the comic thing. I tend to have an on-again, off-again relationship with my drawing abilities. Generally my best work comes out when I'm suicidally depressed. (I havent killed myself yet, though, so... *has fingers crossed*)

And you may call me Hops... everyone else does. Hops or Hopsarrith, hardly nobody but the brass ever really calls me Etsharrin. (barring when my buddies are really peeved with me, then they get formal, too).

If I can figure out my way around this place before the thread disappears or I forget where it is, I'll likely post any imagery I conjure for the comic plea inside the thread itself asking for the help. Sound fair? Just dont hold your breath, I draw really slowly when I'm doing comics.

-Etsharrin Hopsarrith

Good thanks.

And, um, you know you don't have to sign your name at the end of a post right?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by noir on Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:17 pm

Someone is trying way to hard at being a copycat.
noir
noir
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Etsharrin Hopsarrith on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Little place called Shiid III... wait, you're wanting an Earth-related location, arent you? (hehe) Okay, that would be the Northern Americas. I have travel plans, though, and I hope to globetrot a little before I get old.

Oh, I do know I dont have to sign, but it's an old habit of mine... mother always told me, "sign your work, so nobody can sign it for you and say it's theirs"... and I kind of sign everything. Beit posts online, or drawings on paper.

Also it helps me to visualize that I'm done with what I was saying. Let's just say that if you guys don't see a signature, it's likely because the computer ate my post and it's not finished.

-Etsharrin Hopsarrith
Etsharrin Hopsarrith
Etsharrin Hopsarrith
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next