Terminator Salvation

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Terminator Salvation - Page 3 Empty Re: Terminator Salvation

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sun May 24, 2009 9:02 am

He made it because he practically BUILT the series.

And because in the third movie Arnold said he killed John Conner which came true in this movie so it was needed.

Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Sun May 24, 2009 9:25 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:He made it because he practically BUILT the series.

And because in the third movie Arnold said he killed John Conner which came true in this movie so it was needed.

John Conner lived...
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sun May 24, 2009 9:40 am

But Arnold was killed before John was given the new heart, so he thought he was killed from the killing blow

Think a little

Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by team dfc on Mon May 25, 2009 12:34 pm

Well I'm surprised I even found people who hated the transformer movie everyone I know who saw it loved it

I think recon is just blowing every error out of porportion
team dfc
team dfc
Minion

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Mon May 25, 2009 12:50 pm

team dfc wrote:Well I'm surprised I even found people who hated the transformer movie everyone I know who saw it loved it

I think recon is just blowing every error out of porportion

Are you kidding me? I've not cited any 'errors.'

I have nothing against Transformers, other than the fact that it was dumb. It's a cool action movie, but also very silly.

As for salvation... it was a cool action movie, with terrible acting, a stupid sequence of events, and complete disregard for NUCLEAR EXPLOSIONS.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty on Mon May 25, 2009 4:50 pm

Maybe they didn't have a big enough effects budget.
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Mon May 25, 2009 7:08 pm

capn qwerty wrote:Maybe they didn't have a big enough effects budget.

Oh, they had a HUGE effects budget. The special effects were amazing. The nuke looked good... it just didn't make sense.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty on Mon May 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Did anyone ever specificaly say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was, in fact, a nuke, and not something else?
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Mon May 25, 2009 7:56 pm

They blew up nuclear shells that John Conner himself said were nuclear shells used to power the terminators.

Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty on Mon May 25, 2009 8:40 pm

Well, there you go. Nuclear shells, not bombs. I'm sure they were built differently.
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Mon May 25, 2009 8:49 pm

capn qwerty wrote:Well, there you go. Nuclear shells, not bombs. I'm sure they were built differently.

They're still nuclear. And he said they'll go nuclear when they explode.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Mon May 25, 2009 10:14 pm

you realize that the size of nuclear explosions is directly related to the amount of fissile material...

if those "shells" are the same ones from terminator 2.... the explosion was biggish.... but not even close to the size of a nuclear bomb's explosion
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Tue May 26, 2009 4:20 am

KrAzY wrote:

if those "shells" are the same ones from terminator 2.... the explosion was biggish.... but not even close to the size of a nuclear bomb's explosion

What ones in Terminator 2?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne on Tue May 26, 2009 7:11 am

I know there were two in Terminator 3

and

Nuclear reactors don't explode.
(that doesn't mean that these "shells" were reactors)

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Tue May 26, 2009 8:48 am

Felix wrote:And Arnold makes his cameo apperance for no reason what-so-ever.

it wasn't actually him though lol

CGI duh

it was a swedish body builder with a CGI mask
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by squirrelboy on Tue May 26, 2009 11:15 pm

while were somewhat on the subject, and in reference to the first post, nuclear radiation really only takes a few months to clear. not years.

but im not 100% on that, so someone go ahead and prove me wrong

but other then that, the action was cool, but the acting was horrible. me and my buddies tore up the acting on that movie till we had to go home.

I love at the beginning how connor gets in ONE helicopter to chase after a machine FLEET, a small nuke goes off, he gets out of his screwed up chopper like nothing happened, looks at the mushroom cloud, basically gives you the "thats nice" impression, turns around, and calls for evac.

If i looked out my window and saw a mushroom cloud that big and that close, id shit myself
squirrelboy
squirrelboy
Minion

Male Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue May 26, 2009 11:26 pm

gruntmaster wrote:while were somewhat on the subject, and in reference to the first post, nuclear radiation really only takes a few months to clear. not years.

but im not 100% on that, so someone go ahead and prove me wrong
So very wrong... fissile materials (which were not in the Terminator cells, BTW. They were called FUSION cells, a nice retcon over the blunder of T3) take twenty thousand years to decrease by half in radiation output. However, something like a nuclear apocalypse would only last a hundred, as most by-products would be cleansed from the atmosphere by the weather.

More to come, clarifying canon holes and plot holes, and revealing why this movie was a huge step in the right direction after Terminator 3.

BTW: Arnie turning up wasn't as senseless as it might seem. The real senseless part was the T-800 getting dipped in molten metal and frozen, and then still soundlessly breaking out and skewering Christian Bale. As well as the fact that it turned up the opportunity to get a gatling gun and shred whatever cover the humans might have had.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Wed May 27, 2009 4:34 am

Rasq wrote: As well as the fact that it turned up the opportunity to get a gatling gun and shred whatever cover the humans might have had.

What about how Skynet itself had KYLE REESE in a cell, where they could have fucking gassed him or something... and they just wait for John Conner to show up?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty on Wed May 27, 2009 8:28 am

capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed May 27, 2009 3:16 pm

ReconToaster wrote:What about how Skynet itself had KYLE REESE in a cell, where they could have fucking gassed him or something... and they just wait for John Conner to show up?
The biggest plot hole there is how Skynet knew about Kyle Reese. A plot hole I expect Timothy Zahn to have covered up.

What I think is likely is that Skynet does not know that Kyle Reese is John Connor's father. John obviously hadn't made that tidbit public, but he was obviously spending a lot of resources looking for Kyle.

Ergo, Kyle didn't HAVE to die as soon as Skynet had him in custody, but there should have been a more obvious attempt.

My big beef with the film was how it envisioned the Machines. Skynet does not appreciate irony. Skynet does not explain it's meticulous plans to a lowly, autonomous machine. Marcus should have been deactivated the minute he set foot inside the Cyberdyne complex.

There should have been many Terminators and mine-drones waiting for John Connor. As soon as he set foot inside the complex, the whole place should have come alive and tried to kill him. The factories should be barely navigable by humans, with heat and fumes that will kill them if they didn't come prepared. The city should have been more like the Machine City in Matrix: Revolutions.

The redeeming quality of the movie was in the new angle it took on story (Didn't recycle James Cameron's formula) and in it's portrayal of the humans. I thought that the guy who played Marcus did a pretty good mob of a person who is confused and just woke up to the world. And Kyle Reese was a spot-on imitation of John Connor as a kid, which establishes the parentage. John was definitely his father's son.

ReconToaster wrote:This movie is a bucket full of canon flaw, and inappropriate allusions.
"Come with me if you want to live" was good, and the visual allusion to the half-destroyed Terminator chasing Sarah Connor was good, but they went too far with "I'll be back" and everything else.

But hey, Earl Boen didn't show up.

ReconToaster wrote:It is CERTAINLY not the war Sarah Conner told us about.
Quite right.
May I remind you that Terminator is an OPEN TIME LOOP. The actions of the protagonists as they learn and react to news of the future affects the future itself.

Skynet, for example, was designed much later after Cyberdyne Systems was blown to hell. It was not designed to fight a war of absolute destruction against the USSR, but as a sort of FCS program.

Also, Kyle Reese came back in time eleven years after this movie came out. Trust me, the war has time to get MUCH NASTIER.
Skynet should have been fighting with nastier machinery, and smaller, tougher drones. But I'd say that the Terminator: Salvation game will give us a much better depiction of the Machines.

ReconToaster wrote:It's something much more enriched with giant mechs and conveniently ergonomic Terminator-cycles.
The Collectors should have had a cage for more carrying capacity, but the Moto-Terminators were good up until John Connor rode one.
But hey, at least we didn't see Terminators catching a ride on them.

ReconToaster wrote:It wasn't as bad as Terminator 3. It feels like the director behind it at least respects the franchise, and was not so eager to exploit it with sex appeal.
Which is why I enjoyed it so much.
This movie made you feel like sending yourself or your best friend back in time to tell them how to make the movie better.
Terminator 3 made you feel like sending a gore-obsessed T-1000 back in time to bump off the entire cast and crew.

KristallNacht wrote:Transformers was hella good, faggot!!!
And thus, whatever illusions I had about your taste in movies and culture has evaporated.

Death no more wrote:I liked terminator 3 :'( well then im going to love this film Very Happy
Please, go to the doctor and have them remove whatever tumor or growth is poisoning your brain.

ReconToaster wrote:How about the part when he's trying not to wake his parents when the autobots are just running around his fron lawn. Would that REALLY be your first priority in the event of a alien robot invasion? To not get in trouble with your parents?
Actually, that was pretty funny, how screwed up his priorities were.

The best thing in Transformers was the dialogue that didn't relate directly to the story. Like how the Sector 7 guy was talking about how Nokia phones were particularly nasty bots, as they knew the Way of the Ninja.

"But Nokia's from Finland."
"Shh, let him get on with this."

BBJynne wrote:yeah... those suits were way OP

mobile infantry ftw!
They were supposed to be OP. How the HELL else are they supposed to stand against a bug army?

Lord Pheonix wrote:He made it because he practically BUILT the series.

Wrong.
That Terminator was sent back in 2032. So, you think that Skynet spends fourteen years thinking Connor is dead?

Everything involved with Terminator 3 was self-contradictory anyways.

Lord Pheonix wrote:But Arnold was killed before John was given the new heart, so he thought he was killed from the killing blow

Think a little
And somehow, that particular unit was salvaged whole, not given updated intelligence, fought for fourteen more years, was captured by the Resistance, and sent back through time without finding out about Connor, right?

Lord Pheonix wrote:They blew up nuclear shells that John Conner himself said were nuclear shells used to power the terminators.
Yes. With det-cord.
Blow up a nuclear reactor, and you get a meltdown, not an explosion. Which would have taken out the building anyways. But given the explosion size from Terminator 3, they wouldn't have been destroyed.

However, I'd like to point out a common misconception that was started with Terminator 3.

THE POWER SUPPLIES ON TERMINATOR UNITS DO NOT EXPLODE WHEN RUPTURED!!!

Take the first T-800. Crushed in a hydraulic press. The only salvageable parts were a broken memory chip and the extended arm. No explosion.

Take the second one. Beaten to a pulp, one arm crushed and torn off, and then it had its head repeatedly smashed. When it was on the ground, the T-1000 then picks up a steel bar and rams it right through the T-800's back. It wiggles the bar around, pulls it out, and then rams it all the way through.

The T-800's HUD then shows it switching over to the secondary fuel cell. No explosion.

ReconToaster wrote:
KrAzY wrote:

What ones in Terminator 2?
He means Terminator 3.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Wed May 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Rasq wrote:May I remind you that Terminator is an OPEN TIME LOOP. The actions of the protagonists as they learn and react to news of the future affects the future itself.

Right... I suppose they could move into the City in the next movie, as the old future scenes were from LA in 2029.

I never understood though, why they didn't just send the T1000 back to when the first movie took place? Why didn't they just keep on going back to the same time period?

And yeah, the whole thing about how Skynet would not waste its time explaining irony to a product is true. That's just silly.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese on Wed May 27, 2009 4:38 pm

ReconToaster wrote:And yeah, the whole thing about how Skynet would not waste its time explaining irony to a product is true. That's just silly.

The real irony being that the day would have been saved had it done so - I expect. I haven't seen it.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed May 27, 2009 11:33 pm

ReconToaster wrote: I never understood though, why they didn't just send the T1000 back to when the first movie took place? Why didn't they just keep on going back to the same time period?
As near as I can tell, the time machine was still beta. In all possibility, Skynet could not have activated the machine to the same coordinates until a certain time period had passed. And it was severely limited in time, as the Resistance had smashed Skynet's defense grid by that time. The Terminators were a last-minute gamble.

Look at it this way. 1984 is point A. 1992 is point B. 2029 is point C. 2029+6 hours is point D.

You can create a Wormhole from point C to point A, and point C to point B, but you couldn't create a Wormhole from point C to point A, and then another wormhole from point C to point A.

Meanwhile, since the Resistance comes along at point D in the fourth dimension, they can create new wormholes from point D to points A and B.

ReconToaster wrote: And yeah, the whole thing about how Skynet would not waste its time explaining irony to a product is true. That's just silly.
Had they rewritten the last twenty-five minutes... it would have been 3/4 as good as Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

I've got it in my head... an improvement all worked out.
I've filed it next to the improvements for Eragon (WIP), The Bear and the Dragon (Very easy, just cut out all the sex scenes) Mostly Harmless (Involves a lighter, gasoline, and styrofoam) and several other works of fiction that I could have done better. Some are better than Terminator: Salvation, some are worse.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Thu May 28, 2009 3:10 am

gruntmaster wrote:
If i looked out my window and saw a mushroom cloud that big and that close, id shit myself

well, considering there is a war, and they survived the apocalypse (judgement day)

i think he knows what a mushroom cloud looks like and has learned to shield himself from the negative mental effects it can have.

I thought the acting was really good and appropriate.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Thu May 28, 2009 4:25 am

NT wrote:I thought the acting was really good and appropriate.

Throughout the entire movie? I thought the guys in the submarine were all awful. Christian Bale was pretty bad. I thought the batman voice was exclusive to batman. Marcus wright was fine up until the point where he found out he was a robot, at which point I guess my feelings about his character are more the result of poor writing than bad acting.

He yelled "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" twice in one ten minute period. That's just wrong.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next