Pirate Journals

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by RX on Wed May 27, 2009 12:24 pm

Felix wrote:I recently watched Star Trek and Angles & Demons over the internet.

Saved me around fifty bucks.
PM me the link. Now.... Please? Very Happy
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1957
Age : 25
Location : Ancient Kingdom of Norwegia
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Felix on Wed May 27, 2009 1:31 pm

RX wrote:
Felix wrote:I recently watched Star Trek and Angles & Demons over the internet.

Saved me around fifty bucks.
PM me the link. Now.... Please? Very Happy

It's bad enough I did it, I don't want more people doing it.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Age : 27
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed May 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Felix wrote:
RX wrote:
Felix wrote:I recently watched Star Trek and Angles & Demons over the internet.

Saved me around fifty bucks.
PM me the link. Now.... Please? Very Happy

It's bad enough I did it, I don't want more people doing it.
Well, thank God for small favors.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by RX on Wed May 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Bad? C'mon, it's just watching a film on net. And I only planned on watching Star-Trek since I'm going to watch Angels and Demons on the cinema with a few of my friends.
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1957
Age : 25
Location : Ancient Kingdom of Norwegia
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed May 27, 2009 3:13 pm

RX wrote:Bad? C'mon, it's just watching a film on net. And I only planned on watching Star-Trek since I'm going to watch Angels and Demons on the cinema with a few of my friends.
It is watching a film on the net, a film that has been produced for commercial purposes, in order to make a profit. By downloading and watching that film, you are committing theft.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by RX on Wed May 27, 2009 3:17 pm

And by watching it, I also implify that I don't care. I used to watch films on the net regurarly, sadly the site no longer exists.
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1957
Age : 25
Location : Ancient Kingdom of Norwegia
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed May 27, 2009 3:21 pm

RX wrote:And by watching it, I also implify that I don't care. I used to watch films on the net regurarly, sadly the site no longer exists.
Well, I'm sorry, but the law says that you cannot do that.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Gauz on Wed May 27, 2009 3:23 pm

The law says a lot of things that we can't do... yet laws are always broken. Laws are ment to be broken Rasq.

Btw, im downloading photoshop ^^
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed May 27, 2009 3:27 pm

x Gauz x wrote:The law says a lot of things that we can't do... yet laws are always broken. Laws are ment to be broken Rasq.

Btw, im downloading photoshop ^^
The laws are meant to protect you. The laws are meant to protect everyone from the criminal elements of society.
Laws are not meant to be broken. Laws are meant to be preserved.

I just love it how Hollywood championed the Maverick mindset, the break all rules and get away from it, the it's cool to be on the wrong side of the law...

And this is the product.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by RX on Wed May 27, 2009 3:29 pm

I still don't care much about the law wich denies me to watch a film on the net. Actually, I don't care at all.
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1957
Age : 25
Location : Ancient Kingdom of Norwegia
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Cheese on Wed May 27, 2009 3:30 pm

What about the streaming of television that would otherwise take upwards of a year to be released here?

My folks are watching things I was enjoying at Christmas right now. Plus I tend to record them on Sky + when they eventually come out anyway.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Age : 29
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by CivBase on Wed May 27, 2009 3:36 pm

sergeantbilco wrote:
CivBase wrote:Pirating is bad...
mkay

_________________
Pirate Journals - Page 4 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Gauz on Wed May 27, 2009 3:39 pm

I sense a oxymoron..
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed May 27, 2009 3:41 pm

RX wrote:I still don't care much about the law wich denies me to watch a film on the net. Actually, I don't care at all.
Classic.
Reminds me of a vid I saw on AFV.

Somebody comes around a corner with a camera and films this three year old on the kitchen counter, with fudge smeared all over him and a package of some sort of chocolate cookie smeared on his face.

"Aaron, have you been in the cookies?"
"Maybe."
"Aaron. You know you're not supposed to be in the cookies."

Kid looks at the camera.
"I don't care."
*Sound of somebody laughing
"Aaron..."
"I don't care. You're only my mommy, you know."

Cheese wrote:What about the streaming of television that would otherwise take upwards of a year to be released here?

My folks are watching things I was enjoying at Christmas right now. Plus I tend to record them on Sky + when they eventually come out anyway.
Do you get the commercials along with the TV shows? Because that is the content that pays for the TV shows.

From what I've seen, TiVo is completely legal when it saves TV shows, so I'm not too sure about this.

Movies, songs, games, and programs (Adobe Photoshop) get their money directly from the consumer, so it is theft when the product is taken without payment.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Gauz on Wed May 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Understood captain
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Cheese on Wed May 27, 2009 3:56 pm

All the streaming platforms with adverts have to air at the same time as they're released normally. So no.

But I figure so long as I record them with the UK equivalent of Tivo it's all dandy.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Age : 29
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by KristallNacht on Wed May 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Except the larger problems of intellectual property management and stealing.

except those are non issues as no one is losing anything whatsoever

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:God, that is so conceited, so self centered, I can't possibly have any less respect for you.
So you have slightly less music to listen to. Whoop de frickin' do.

I have no idea what this is about, you say i'm conceited and then repeat my point exactly the same as i stated in the first place...

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:You are taking the product produced by people who ACTUALLY WORK, and you STEAL IT with a few clicks of the mouse. This music is their LIVELIHOOD, how they earn bread and water, but if you had to buy that music, it wouldn't affect you one bit.

So....considering they wouldn't be getting my money anyway...this matters how? It's a no loss crime.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Because that way involves stealing the cake from the baker.

Not really...its still no lose. At its highest probable potential for my situation, they get $0....the lowest probable is they lose PHYSICAL copies of things. Seems I'm still at the highest potential for gain for them.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:

So, since you don't have the money to do something, you'd rather have the industry and the honest consumers bail you out?

No ones bailing anyone out. It's a no loss 'crime'.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Then why get it at all?

Cause its interesting. Far from a need, its only barely even a want.




Oh and Rasq, are you just one of those people falling for the RIAAs ability to hide and misrepresent facts? As we all know, CD sales have been going down....but digital purchases AND Concert sales are going WAY up. Concert sales are even going FAR beyond what they ever were before.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Lord Pheonix on Wed May 27, 2009 6:47 pm

They are not even factoring in the possibility that CD sales are also going down due to the fact that music is bought online more now then ever so CD's are not bough nearly as much as when it was the only way to get music.


Liken to blameing pirating to the drop in casset sales, its because cassets are not used anymore not that pirating has an effect on it(I know CD's are still bought and the metaphor isn't spot on, but the point still remains and CD's AREN'T being bought as much because of the internet)

_________________
Pirate Journals - Page 4 Pheonix92
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Gauz on Wed May 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Razz
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by TNine on Fri May 29, 2009 6:55 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Except the larger problems of intellectual property management and stealing.

except those are non issues as no one is losing anything whatsoever

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:God, that is so conceited, so self centered, I can't possibly have any less respect for you.
So you have slightly less music to listen to. Whoop de frickin' do.

I have no idea what this is about, you say i'm conceited and then repeat my point exactly the same as i stated in the first place...

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:You are taking the product produced by people who ACTUALLY WORK, and you STEAL IT with a few clicks of the mouse. This music is their LIVELIHOOD, how they earn bread and water, but if you had to buy that music, it wouldn't affect you one bit.

So....considering they wouldn't be getting my money anyway...this matters how? It's a no loss crime.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Because that way involves stealing the cake from the baker.

Not really...its still no lose. At its highest probable potential for my situation, they get $0....the lowest probable is they lose PHYSICAL copies of things. Seems I'm still at the highest potential for gain for them.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:

So, since you don't have the money to do something, you'd rather have the industry and the honest consumers bail you out?

No ones bailing anyone out. It's a no loss 'crime'.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Then why get it at all?

Cause its interesting. Far from a need, its only barely even a want.




Oh and Rasq, are you just one of those people falling for the RIAAs ability to hide and misrepresent facts? As we all know, CD sales have been going down....but digital purchases AND Concert sales are going WAY up. Concert sales are even going FAR beyond what they ever were before.
This is nullified by arrogance.

You pirate cause it's free. If pirating was cracked down upon like murer, you would going and buying many songs you've pirated. You started pirating songs you were never gonna buy, then you gradually move towards songs that you might have bought. You started pirating games that you didn't want to buy, or were on the fence about. Whether you accept it or not, you would buy many songs that you have pirated.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Toaster on Fri May 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:They are not even factoring in the possibility that CD sales are also going down due to the fact that music is bought online more now then ever so CD's are not bough nearly as much as when it was the only way to get music.


Liken to blameing pirating to the drop in casset sales, its because cassets are not used anymore not that pirating has an effect on it(I know CD's are still bought and the metaphor isn't spot on, but the point still remains and CD's AREN'T being bought as much because of the internet)

To some extend, I have to admit that is true. NPD claims that PC gaming is dying because retail sails have gone down about 50%. Rarely do they recognize that Digital Distribution networks like Direct2Drive, and STEAM, have skyrocketed.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat May 30, 2009 12:00 am

KristallNacht wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Except the larger problems of intellectual property management and stealing.

except those are non issues as no one is losing anything whatsoever
Quite wrong. The artist is LOSING MONEY.
Normally, you wouldn't listen to his music, and he wouldn't get your money.
You are now listening to his music, but he isn't getting your money. That is a loss.

KristallNacht wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:God, that is so conceited, so self centered, I can't possibly have any less respect for you.
So you have slightly less music to listen to. Whoop de frickin' do.

I have no idea what this is about, you say i'm conceited and then repeat my point exactly the same as i stated in the first place...
No, you said it as in "But I wouldn't have as much music to listen to." I said it as in "You wouldn't have as much music to listen to. So what?"

KristallNacht wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Because that way involves stealing the cake from the baker.

Not really...its still no lose. At its highest probable potential for my situation, they get $0....the lowest probable is they lose PHYSICAL copies of things. Seems I'm still at the highest potential for gain for them.
Normally, you wouldn't buy that cake from the baker. But then you steal it. Try explaining the no-loss situation to him.

KristallNacht wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:

So, since you don't have the money to do something, you'd rather have the industry and the honest consumers bail you out?

No ones bailing anyone out. It's a no loss 'crime'.
No.
You guys drive up the cost of doing business, and the companies have to implement IPPS and DRM. And they lose money.

KristallNacht wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Then why get it at all?

Cause its interesting. Far from a need, its only barely even a want.
Wait... It's interesting, and yet not interesting enough to buy. It's not a need, barely even a want, and yet it's worth the trouble of downloading?

KristallNacht wrote:Oh and Rasq, are you just one of those people falling for the RIAAs ability to hide and misrepresent facts? As we all know, CD sales have been going down....but digital purchases AND Concert sales are going WAY up. Concert sales are even going FAR beyond what they ever were before.
Yes, concert sales have been going up, but digital purchases have not made up for the loss in CD sales caused by pirating.
I'm not worried about CD sales, I'm worried about sales in particular. And the whole "It doesn't matter if I lie, cheat or steal" mentality, which is sapping the strength of America. It is that mentality which is the foundation of our current financial crises.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by KristallNacht on Sat May 30, 2009 1:37 am

TNine wrote:You started pirating songs you were never gonna buy, then you gradually move towards songs that you might have bought.

this is only barely true.

Most of my favorite songs I NEVER would have heard of had it not been for my pirating habits.


Like I fucking LOVE the song Eh Eh by Lady Gaga

no WAY would i ever have bought that album its on. but i pirated it and found that song.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Toaster on Sat May 30, 2009 11:31 am

NT wrote:Like I fucking LOVE the song Eh Eh by Lady Gaga

no WAY would i ever have bought that album its on. but i pirated it and found that song.

Hey NT... check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_AMyAtNe_4

You obviously had to have had some form of recommendation to have pirated it in the first place. I doubt you were just randomly downloading shit. So, after hearing about it, why didn't you just look it up on playlist.com, youtube, or hell, listen to the previews of it on itunes?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by KristallNacht on Sat May 30, 2009 3:38 pm

I downloaded it because of Pokerface which was okay. I had never heard of Eh Eh until I had already gotten the album and listened to it.


Besides, if its on youtube, i'd use zamzar to rip the audio, which, in fact, is perfectly legal. =P so still no money provided to the companies. Your argument fail.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 4 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum