Winter Solstice 2012: End of the World?

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Winter Solstice 2012: End of the World? - Page 5 Empty Re: Winter Solstice 2012: End of the World?

Post by Zaki90 on Sat May 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Cheese wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:
Ukurse wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:
dragoon9105 wrote:Einstein didn't invent the nuke alone, there was hundreds of scientists working on the concept Einstein was only involved in it because of his research into radiation and the atom.

Einstein still discovered the formula that might kill us all. No matter what.

dragoon9105 wrote:After the whole dropped the bomb on Hiroshima thing most of the scientists swore that that type of weaponry should never be used again EVER.

Yah, I guess that the reason we bombed Nagasaki with an even larger nuke.

Lord Rutherford was also one of the most major contributors to discovering Nuclear weapon, and power, and it is ironic that he is a New Zealander, as our stance on the Nuclear anything debate is, against it, which makes us kind of hypocritical.

I am still blaming Einstein.

Why?

And dont say 'because he made the theory that allowed its development' because you know that's horse excrement of the highest degree.
\

In 1939, the Hungarian émigré Leó Szilárd, having failed to arouse U.S. government interest on his own, worked with Einstein to write a letter to U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, which Einstein signed, urging U.S. development of such a weapon.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Winter Solstice 2012: End of the World? - Page 5 Empty Re: Winter Solstice 2012: End of the World?

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat May 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
Um...

Algebra. Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī and can be traced even farther to Babylonians.
Not even close, Zaki.
Einstein took a world that thought the sun was made of molten iron, and left it with the hope for unlimited power that would not destroy the planet. The foundations of astrophysics were BUILT upon his theories of general and special relativity, as well as his explanations of curved space, gravity lenses and more. He RESOLVED the 120 year old debate on the nature of light, whether it was a particle effect or a wave. High school physics is based upon his modifications to physics.

Writing a compendium of then-understood methods of mathematics and taking it a step further cannot compare to what Einstein did. Euclied was evolutionary. Einstein was revolutionary.

Zaki90 wrote:Think about everything that algebra has done for us. Even E=mc2 would have not been possible without algebra.
Of course. Without algebra, we wouldn't have been able to direct artillery shells accurately. Which, of course, have killed exponentially more people (Civilians and military) than the nuke has.

Zaki90 wrote:Einstein still discovered the formula that might kill us all. No matter what.
Then why is Pakistan and Iran getting in on the deal?
E=mc^2 has way more applications than just the Bomb. Particle accelerators, MRIs, satellites, and nuclear power plants all rely on it.

Zaki90 wrote:Yah, I guess that the reason we bombed Nagasaki with an even larger nuke.
I think that Muslim education must have screwed you over, my friend.
By the time we dropped Little Boy, Fat Man and The One in Reserve were already built. Scientific input would not have spared Nagasaki. A Japanese surrender would have.

Zaki90 wrote:I am still blaming Einstein.
Because you are a racist moron with no reasoning skills and a skull as thick and impervious as the armor sheathing on the Pentagon.

Zaki90 wrote:In 1939, the Hungarian émigré Leó Szilárd, having failed to arouse U.S. government interest on his own, worked with Einstein to write a letter to U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, which Einstein signed, urging U.S. development of such a weapon.
Which, of course, was in reaction to the fear that Nazi Germany might develop "The Big One." You have to be a racist moron with lumpy gravy for brains to ignore the fact that Nazi Germany with the bomb first is infinitely worse than the United States with the bomb.

Zaki90 wrote:
Cheese wrote:Face it man. You wouldn't even be making the connection if it weren't for the whole Jewish thing. You might as well blame the guy who found out how to make metal - they're responsible for practically every death in war since... well unless they're not Jewish of course...

Curse the man who made metal!

But metal has saved lives. And made food.
E=mc^2 has generated power to heat homes and cook food, which would otherwise have been too expensive.
E=mc^2 prevented one million people from dying in an invasion of Japan.
E=mc^2 prevented one hundred million people from dying, as it prevented WWII from happening.
E=mc^2 has applications throughout the arena of physics. Every time energy is transfered, E=mc^2 comes into play.

Zaki90 wrote:
How many correct predictions has Nostradamus made?
He's generally about as correct as you are. Every time he was right, the events in question required a little "Creative Interpretation."
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 on Sat May 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:
Um...

Algebra. Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī and can be traced even farther to Babylonians.
Not even close, Zaki.
Einstein took a world that thought the sun was made of molten iron, and left it with the hope for unlimited power that would not destroy the planet. The foundations of astrophysics were BUILT upon his theories of general and special relativity, as well as his explanations of curved space, gravity lenses and more. He RESOLVED the 120 year old debate on the nature of light, whether it was a particle effect or a wave. High school physics is based upon his modifications to physics.

Writing a compendium of then-understood methods of mathematics and taking it a step further cannot compare to what Einstein did. Euclied was evolutionary. Einstein was revolutionary.

Zaki90 wrote:Think about everything that algebra has done for us. Even E=mc2 would have not been possible without algebra.
Of course. Without algebra, we wouldn't have been able to direct artillery shells accurately. Which, of course, have killed exponentially more people (Civilians and military) than the nuke has.

Zaki90 wrote:Einstein still discovered the formula that might kill us all. No matter what.
Then why is Pakistan and Iran getting in on the deal?
E=mc^2 has way more applications than just the Bomb. Particle accelerators, MRIs, satellites, and nuclear power plants all rely on it.

Zaki90 wrote:Yah, I guess that the reason we bombed Nagasaki with an even larger nuke.
I think that Muslim education must have screwed you over, my friend.
By the time we dropped Little Boy, Fat Man and The One in Reserve were already built. Scientific input would not have spared Nagasaki. A Japanese surrender would have.

Zaki90 wrote:I am still blaming Einstein.
Because you are a racist moron with no reasoning skills and a skull as thick and impervious as the armor sheathing on the Pentagon.

Zaki90 wrote:In 1939, the Hungarian émigré Leó Szilárd, having failed to arouse U.S. government interest on his own, worked with Einstein to write a letter to U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, which Einstein signed, urging U.S. development of such a weapon.
Which, of course, was in reaction to the fear that Nazi Germany might develop "The Big One." You have to be a racist moron with lumpy gravy for brains to ignore the fact that Nazi Germany with the bomb first is infinitely worse than the United States with the bomb.

Zaki90 wrote:
Cheese wrote:Face it man. You wouldn't even be making the connection if it weren't for the whole Jewish thing. You might as well blame the guy who found out how to make metal - they're responsible for practically every death in war since... well unless they're not Jewish of course...

Curse the man who made metal!

But metal has saved lives. And made food.
E=mc^2 has generated power to heat homes and cook food, which would otherwise have been too expensive.
E=mc^2 prevented one million people from dying in an invasion of Japan.
E=mc^2 prevented one hundred million people from dying, as it prevented WWII from happening.
E=mc^2 has applications throughout the arena of physics. Every time energy is transfered, E=mc^2 comes into play.

Zaki90 wrote:
How many correct predictions has Nostradamus made?
He's generally about as correct as you are. Every time he was right, the events in question required a little "Creative Interpretation."

1. You wouldn't be able to use your computer if it weren't for algebra. Algebra underlies all the technology we enjoy and is needed in all the hard sciences. Algebra was needed in designing your house and in creating medications you take when you are sick.

Algebra has saved more than it has killed.

Einstein solved theories that don't affect you. Does curved space or gravity lenses make a difference to you? Will it save lives or win wars?

Algebra has made medications that have saved lives, made weapons that win wars, and has created computers that make processing, storage, and math combined with the ability to send this through an almost instantaneous communication that we today call the Internet and fit it all in microchips which themselves have saved lives and won wars.

Algebra truly revolutionized medieval science into the modern science we love and use and continue to use daily.

2. Nuclear power plants have killed and radiated land. Costing millions of dollars and causing some of the world's worst disasters. Remember Chernobyl. Think of it but in New York City.

Explain to me how Satellites would not have been possible without Eistien.

And all of those can be credited to algebra.

3. That's because we have only used 2 nukes that were made 60 years ago that actually killed people.

Algebra has created many of the medications that have saved more lives than artillery shells have killed.

4. But did the guy just say that the scientists swore that nukes were never to have been used after Hiroshima. Why would they make 3 if they only wanted to destroy Hiroshima?

5. I don't care what race he is! He still might of killed us all

6. Still, why didn't we send in a spy. Why didn't we investigate?

Now have nukes in Russian and Iran hiding nukes from the US ready to blow the human race back into the stone age.

And you call me a moron?

And at least the lives lost in invading Japan wouldn't be innocent.

And caused Chernobyl...

Creative interpretation FTW!

Still, he was right about EVERYTHING with creative interpretation. That is hard. Even for me.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Sat May 09, 2009 6:22 pm

not 1 million people saved in the invasion of japan rasq.... it was an estimated 8 million casualties on both sides if we had invaded

also zaki.... I find it kind of strange that you are now arguing the EXACT same argument that you credited to somebody HACKING your account and posting on your behalf..... you know... the one that you asked rot to lock the thread for because "It doesn't display my opinion"
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sun May 10, 2009 1:10 am

Zaki90 wrote:1. You wouldn't be able to use your computer if it weren't for algebra. Algebra underlies all the technology we enjoy and is needed in all the hard sciences. Algebra was needed in designing your house and in creating medications you take when you are sick.
That isn't what I was saying Zaki. I do algebra in my head ALL THE TIME.
But, what Eucleid did was chronicle what was commonly known (Amongst scholars) in his time, push it two steps forward, and write it all down in a handy little book. For a similar example, see McGuffey's Readers.
Yes, it was handy, and it was a defining moment in mathematics. But it was still an evolutionary step.

Einstein's 1905 papers turned the world of mathematics ON ITS HEAD. It was revolutionary. A single man transformed our understanding of physics and chemistry forever, and the effects were immediate. (As opposed to the effects of al-jabr)

And then there's the theory of General Relativity.
There was no theoretical need for it. There was, at the time, nothing to even hint that such a theory or an explanation was neccessary. Einstein's only reason to go after it was to simplify the laws of physics.
And then, fifty years later, when it was finally put to the test, we found out that he'd been RIGHT. And, without it, global communication would be impossible.

Zaki90 wrote:Algebra has saved more than it has killed.
So has E=mc^2. By ending World War Two, it saved twelve million lives. By preventing World War Three, it saved one hundred million lives.

Zaki90 wrote:Einstein solved theories that don't affect you. Does curved space or gravity lenses make a difference to you? Will it save lives or win wars?
See the above.
But seriously, without Einstein, you wouldn't have a TV remote. Your computer would still use floppy disks, although clunky external drives might have evolved.
Einstein's Fluctuation Dissipation Theorem is only in use by every investment banker in the world, as well as every materials scientist who needs to test multiple properties of a single material.
Forensics use capillary action for chemical analysis... first explained by Einstein.

Zaki90 wrote:Algebra has made medications that have saved lives, made weapons that win wars, and has created computers that make processing, storage, and math combined with the ability to send this through an almost instantaneous communication that we today call the Internet and fit it all in microchips which themselves have saved lives and won wars.
Except Eucleid never said "This is what you do with this," he said "This is how it works."
Einstein said "Hey, this is how it works, you guys kind of got it wrong. In the meantime, I suggest we do this, that, that, and this as well."

Zaki90 wrote:Algebra truly revolutionized medieval science into the modern science we love and use and continue to use daily.
Yeah, it only took fifteen hundred years.

Zaki90 wrote:2. Nuclear power plants have killed and radiated land. Costing millions of dollars and causing some of the world's worst disasters. Remember Chernobyl. Think of it but in New York City.
Yeah, that's only happened once. At Chernobyl. And I do not see why I have to explain to you just what happens when a backwards reactor design, poorly designed safeties, bad Russian manufacturing, and horrible training coalesces.

Zaki90 wrote:Explain to me how Satellites would not have been possible without Eistien.
Einstein's theory of General Relativity allows those satellites to keep accurate time and stay in sync with ground stations.

Zaki90 wrote:And all of those can be credited to algebra.
With that logic, all of this and algebra can be credited to the caveman who learned to count on his fingers.

Zaki90 wrote:3. That's because we have only used 2 nukes that were made 60 years ago that actually killed people.
That is only because we are intelligent enough to realize how dangerous nukes are. MAD: Mutual Assured Destruction. Nukes ensure that large-scale war cannot break out, and their own existence in multiple parties ensures that they can't be used.
Their only danger comes from their existence in small, unstable parties who do not understand the 'mutual' part of MAD. The Taliban, Iran, North Korea... you get the picture.

Zaki90 wrote:4. But did the guy just say that the scientists swore that nukes were never to have been used after Hiroshima. Why would they make 3 if they only wanted to destroy Hiroshima?
I assure you, it takes more than three days to assemble a nuke. Even now.
We built three before we bombed Hiroshima. The plan was to bomb, and have enough for a backup.

Zaki90 wrote:5. I don't care what race he is! He still might of killed us all
The odds of that are actually rather minor. Hell, he actually saved us all.

Zaki90 wrote:6. Still, why didn't we send in a spy. Why didn't we investigate?
People like you are the bane of the CIA. "Why didn't we know the Japs would attack?" "Why did we think Saddam Insane had nukes?" "Why did the Iranians catch us by surprise?"

The Manhattan project was so secret, Harry Truman didn't know about it. We could hardly have expected less of the Nazis.
Not to mention that several Nazi generals were interested in nuclear weapons, and a bomber was proposed to carry a nuke across the Atlantic...

Zaki90 wrote:Now have nukes in Russian and Iran hiding nukes from the US ready to blow the human race back into the stone age.
Yeah, because a 50 kiloton is really going to do a lot of damage.

Zaki90 wrote:

And you call me a moron?

And at least the lives lost in invading Japan wouldn't be innocent.
[/quote]
I refuse to go over this again.

E=mc^2 has generated power to heat homes and cook food, which would otherwise have been too expensive.[/quote]

Zaki90 wrote:And caused Chernobyl...
Oh my god, they're hacking people to death in Rwanda! We have to ban steel machetes and knives!

Reducto ad absurdum.

Zaki90 wrote:Creative interpretation FTW!

Still, he was right about EVERYTHING with creative interpretation. That is hard. Even for me.
In the past year, all of my horoscopes have been correct. The ones for the other months have applied as well.

The only reason Nostradamus is 'Correct' is because he was so vague. You could apply his predictions to anything.

KrAzY wrote:not 1 million people saved in the invasion of japan rasq.... it was an estimated 8 million casualties on both sides if we had invaded
Ahh, my bad.

KrAzY wrote:also zaki.... I find it kind of strange that you are now arguing the EXACT same argument that you credited to somebody HACKING your account and posting on your behalf..... you know... the one that you asked rot to lock the thread for because "It doesn't display my opinion"
Nobody ever fell for that, did they?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 on Sun May 10, 2009 10:13 am

You are getting confused. I wrote the stuff about Japan. So other stuff my bro wrote. Still trying to sort it out.

Rot locked it because it became more about Japan than about G.W.B.

I have changed it. I think we should have nuked more political areas. Not the center of a major urban city filled with civilians. They should not have been our target.

------------------------------------------------
Pros and cons of E=mc^2

Pro: Cooking food and heating homes for an inexpensive costs.

Con:
US$200 billion,(taking inflation into account),the evacuation and resettlement of over 336,000 people

56 direct deaths (47 accident workers, and nine children with thyroid cancer), 4,000 extra cancer deaths among the approximately 600,000 most highly exposed people.

The risk is not worth taking.
--------------------------------------------

Nostradamus had some good ones.

Nostradamus 101.com:

The blood of the just will be demanded of London,
Burnt by the fire in the year 66

(Century 2; Quatrain 51)

On Sunday morning, the 2nd September 1666, the destruction of medieval London began with one simple spark. In five days a cataclysmic fire destroyed the city of Shakespeare. An area of one and a half miles by half a mile lay in ashes; 373 acres inside the city walls and 63 acres outside, 87 churches destroyed (including St. Paul’s Cathedral) and 13,200 houses. Although the blood of the just in the quatrain was demanded of London, only six people died.

Some people see the blood of the just as it was translated from the French to mean that justice was done to the Black Death. This fire did the city a great service by destroying the millions of rats that were carrying the Black plague through the city’s population.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Without algebra, everything you have stated would have never existed.
------------------------------------------------------------
That makes no sense.

MAD let more people have more nukes.

And why would Germany have the first nuke make a difference. We couldn't stop it. Why would we need a nuke? To counter their nuke. That just leads into a nuclear war.
------------------------------------------------------------

Krazy, are you retarted?

Japan only had 6 million serving.

The Allies had 57 million serving.

How can Japan lose 8 million when they only had 6 million serving?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that they only wanted to use 1. Why have a backup?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Global communication and satellites wouldn't be impossible. Just would not make much sense.
----------------------------------------------------

How exactly did Einstein save us all?
---------------------------------------------------

German scientists were planning to build the nuke going on Einstein's principle.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Sun May 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
German scientists were planning to build the nuke going on Einstein's principle.

actually that's false.

Technically the nukes aren't even really built on Einsteins principles. It was other scientists that developed the theoretical technology. Einstein just brought it to America's attention.

and as it turned out, the germans were VERY far from ever actually making one.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Sun May 10, 2009 5:00 pm

because it wasn't only japanese military who would have fought and died.... moron

8 million casulties on both sides including civilians who were told to attack americans on sight.... because they were told we would torture and rape them

you would rather 16 million people have died.... than 300 thousand from the nukes?

whats wrong with your brain?
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 on Sun May 10, 2009 6:19 pm

KrAzY wrote:because it wasn't only japanese military who would have fought and died.... moron

8 million casulties on both sides including civilians who were told to attack americans on sight.... because they were told we would torture and rape them

you would rather 16 million people have died.... than 300 thousand from the nukes?

I believe that an innocent civilian is more important than any solider. The decision to nuke Japan was flawed. Why attack the urban civilian cities. Why not go for more political and important locations?

Civilians who fight aren't civilians because civilians are civil. They are considered unprivileged combatants.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Sun May 10, 2009 6:27 pm

They didn't go for a politcal place because they already bombed the hell out of every place they had. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were virtually untouched, and they wanted to show the Japanese what kind of weapons we now had.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Sun May 10, 2009 7:03 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
KrAzY wrote:because it wasn't only japanese military who would have fought and died.... moron

I believe that an innocent civilian is more important than any solider. The decision to nuke Japan was flawed. Why attack the urban civilian cities. Why not go for more political and important locations?

Civilians who fight aren't civilians because civilians are civil. They are considered unprivileged combatants.

So, one persons life is more valuable than a different persons?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Sun May 10, 2009 8:14 pm

We bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki to prove a point, that we could destroy Japanese cities, one by one, and there was nothing they could do about it.

They surrendered out of fear that the third bomb was going to hit Tokyo.

Every Japanese civilian after the events seen in Okinawa and iwo jima was considered a threat as they were essentially brainwashed that united states soldiers would rape kill rob and pillage them.

If we Invaded millions would die, the Japanese even had plans to fight a guerrilla war against united states troops if we invaded.

Besides, Inventors cannot be credited for causing destruction, over time someone else could invent something.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sun May 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Zaki90 wrote:You are getting confused. I wrote the stuff about Japan. So other stuff my bro wrote. Still trying to sort it out.
Yu-huh. The whole conversation was about Japan.

Zaki90 wrote:Rot locked it because it became more about Japan than about G.W.B.
No, he locked it upon your request.

Zaki90 wrote:I have changed it. I think we should have nuked more political areas. Not the center of a major urban city filled with civilians. They should not have been our target.
Which, of course, would still have resulted in political deaths. Even more than Hiroshima, seeing as Tokyo was larger.

Oh, and that would have forced the Japanese to simply go underground and keep fighting, since the only thing that got them to stand down was the Emperor.

Zaki90 wrote:Pros and cons of E=mc^2

Con:
US$200 billion,(taking inflation into account),the evacuation and resettlement of over 336,000 people

56 direct deaths (47 accident workers, and nine children with thyroid cancer), 4,000 extra cancer deaths among the approximately 600,000 most highly exposed people.

You are completely ignoring another pro, one which we pointed out to you. You just have a tunnel-vision and confirmation bias that is the rival of every 9-11 truther out there.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
So has E=mc^2. By ending World War Two, it saved twelve million lives. By preventing World War Three, it saved one hundred million lives.

Zaki90 wrote:Nostradamus had some good ones.

Nostradamus 101.com:

(Century 2; Quatrain 51)

On Sunday morning, the 2nd September 1666, the destruction of medieval London began with one simple spark. In five days a cataclysmic fire destroyed the city of Shakespeare. An area of one and a half miles by half a mile lay in ashes; 373 acres inside the city walls and 63 acres outside, 87 churches destroyed (including St. Paul’s Cathedral) and 13,200 houses. Although the blood of the just in the quatrain was demanded of London, only six people died.

Some people see the blood of the just as it was translated from the French to mean that justice was done to the Black Death. This fire did the city a great service by destroying the millions of rats that were carrying the Black plague through the city’s population.
Strangely enough, nobody ever takes Nostradamus's prophesies and says "This is what's going to happen!" It's always applied in retrospect.

Zaki90 wrote:Without algebra, everything you have stated would have never existed.
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
With that logic, all of this and algebra can be credited to the caveman who learned to count on his fingers.

Zaki90 wrote:That makes no sense.

No, MAD just led to more nukes in the hands of the same parties.
Nuclear proliferation is what leads to more people having more nukes.

Zaki90 wrote:And why would Germany have the first nuke make a difference. We couldn't stop it. Why would we need a nuke? To counter their nuke. That just leads into a nuclear war.
A handful of nukes does not a nuclear apocalypse make.
If we had the nuke, and Nazi Germany had the nuke, we would not be at a disadvantage.
Back then, nobody was quite sure what nuclear weapons would do. As far as most people thought, it was just a very very large bomb.

Zaki90 wrote:I thought that they only wanted to use 1. Why have a backup?
Because all experience up to that point indicated that the Japanese do not surrender. For further reference, read up on Iwo Jima.

Also, we might have needed to teach the Soviet Union a thing or two.

Zaki90 wrote:Global communication and satellites wouldn't be impossible. Just would not make much sense.
Meaning they would be extremely impractical, and we'd still be using long-range radio towers for communication.

Zaki90 wrote:How exactly did Einstein save us all?
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:

Zaki90 wrote:German scientists were planning to build the nuke going on Einstein's principle.
Most of what Einstein contributed was his famous formula. It still required the work of teams of scientists several years to see if the principle underlying the bomb (Fast fission) was even a possibility.

Zaki90 wrote:
I believe that an innocent civilian is more important than any solider.
Heinleinism: Because a soldier in a volunteer army is willing to sacrifice his life for the principles embodied by his country, his life is worth more than a civilian who doesn't join.
In any case, one civilian is worth 53 soldiers? With what logic?

Zaki90 wrote:Civilians who fight aren't civilians because civilians are civil. They are considered unprivileged combatants.

Yeah, real big technicality there. That just means that most of the Japanese population were 'unprivileged combatants'. Oh, and the civilians in the areas we were about to overrun had a nasty tendency to commit suicide before we captured their towns.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne on Sun May 10, 2009 10:07 pm

Japan = 2012?

wtf guys?

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by RX on Mon May 11, 2009 9:45 am

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
WHen did tis happen? Just wondering.
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Mon May 11, 2009 10:43 am

the cold war would have turned into a 3rd world war....

MAD kept both of the major participants in the cold war from actually going to war with one another
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Untamed Reign on Mon May 11, 2009 1:24 pm

What is MAD ?

Untamed Reign
Minion

Male Number of posts : 889

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Mon May 11, 2009 4:17 pm

Mutually Assured Destruction.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 on Mon May 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Zaki90 wrote:You are getting confused. I wrote the stuff about Japan. So other stuff my bro wrote. Still trying to sort it out.
Yu-huh. The whole conversation was about Japan.

The last 9 pages I think. I'm still trying to sort it out.

Zaki90 wrote:Rot locked it because it became more about Japan than about G.W.B.
No, he locked it upon your request.

He locked it because I wanted to lock it because it was more about Japan than about G.W.B.

Zaki90 wrote:I have changed it. I think we should have nuked more political areas. Not the center of a major urban city filled with civilians. They should not have been our target.
Which, of course, would still have resulted in political deaths. Even more than Hiroshima, seeing as Tokyo was larger.

Oh, and that would have forced the Japanese to simply go underground and keep fighting, since the only thing that got them to stand down was the Emperor.

Exactly, It would have resulted in more political deaths. Even more than Hiroshima because Tokyo is larger and is the capital. And yes, nuking Tokyo, the capital city of Japan, where the Emperor lived would have most likely killed him.

The Emperor was also the same man who told them to kill the Allies. They worshiped him like a god. Like many said on the first G.W.B. thread.

Zaki90 wrote:Pros and cons of E=mc^2

Con:

You are completely ignoring another pro, one which we pointed out to you. You just have a tunnel-vision and confirmation bias that is the rival of every 9-11 truther out there.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
If we have a nuclear war that kills everyone, who cares if it prevented 100 million lives.

Zaki90 wrote:Nostradamus had some good ones.

Nostradamus 101.com:

(Century 2; Quatrain 51)

Strangely enough, nobody ever takes Nostradamus's prophesies and says "This is what's going to happen!" It's always applied in retrospect.
Proof:
KristallNacht wrote:On the Winter Solstice in the year 2012, all civilization will come to an end.

period.

Ukurse wrote:Soo...
Were is your proof?
KristallNacht wrote:Nostradamus duh

Zaki90 wrote:Without algebra, everything you have stated would have never existed.
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Cavemen did linear indeterminate equations, quadratic equations, second order indeterminate equations and equations with multiple variables all in their hands?
Zaki90 wrote:That makes no sense.

No, MAD just led to more nukes in the hands of the same parties.
Nuclear proliferation is what leads to more people having more nukes.

Is this why Russia have 20,000 nukes now?-

Zaki90 wrote:And why would Germany have the first nuke make a difference. We couldn't stop it. Why would we need a nuke? To counter their nuke. That just leads into a nuclear war.
A handful of nukes does not a nuclear apocalypse make.

More than a handful. 31435 is a rough estimate from Wikipedia.

If we had the nuke, and Nazi Germany had the nuke, we would not be at a disadvantage.
Back then, nobody was quite sure what nuclear weapons would do. As far as most people thought, it was just a very very large bomb.
a

Why did we test the nuke in New Mexico before nuking Japan? We knew the power.
Zaki90 wrote:I thought that they only wanted to use 1. Why have a backup?
Because all experience up to that point indicated that the Japanese do not surrender. For further reference, read up on Iwo Jima.

But the scientists said that they only wanted to use 1.

Also, we might have needed to teach the Soviet Union a thing or two.

That's smart. Nuke the Russians who have over a million troops serving.

Zaki90 wrote:Global communication and satellites wouldn't be impossible. Just would not make much sense.
Meaning they would be extremely impractical, and we'd still be using long-range radio towers for communication.

I meant that satellites that aren't synchronized with Earth time would be kinda confusing. Why would we be using long-range radio towers for global communication.

[/quote]
Zaki90 wrote:How exactly did Einstein save us all?
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
[/quote]

By causing a nuclear apocalypse he will have kill us all.

Zaki90 wrote:German scientists were planning to build the nuke going on Einstein's principle.
Most of what Einstein contributed was his famous formula. It still required the work of teams of scientists several years to see if the principle underlying the bomb (Fast fission) was even a possibility.

Answer me this. If Einstein never existed, would we have nuclear weapons?

Zaki90 wrote:
I believe that an innocent civilian is more important than any solider.
Heinleinism: Because a soldier in a volunteer army is willing to sacrifice his life for the principles embodied by his country, his life is worth more than a civilian who doesn't join.
In any case, one civilian is worth 53 soldiers? With what logic?

A solider is not innocent. He or she has tried to end the life of another man. It doesn't matter who that man is.

Innocence on the other hand has never tried do anything. Just trying to make a living.

The innocent is not more important. He is simply less guilty. No one wants him alive. But no one doesn't want him alive.

I'm sure if you are a soldier and you killed somebody, that that man will wish you were never born.

Zaki90 wrote:Civilians who fight aren't civilians because civilians are civil. They are considered unprivileged combatants.

Yeah, real big technicality there. That just means that most of the Japanese population were 'unprivileged combatants'. Oh, and the civilians in the areas we were about to overrun had a nasty tendency to commit suicide before we captured their towns.
[/quote]

I found the word I was looking for now. Partisans. The civilians committed suicide for honor. I believe it was the legend of Bushido. They would rather die than be captured. They would be embarrassed if they were captured and would likely run away or commit suicide.

The Great Escapes of WW2, Incident at Cowra,Pg 96:

"...when the Americans, Australians, and allies went on the attack for the first time against the Japanese in the Pacific, they found themselves struggling against an enemy inspired by the ancient military code of Bushido. The Japanese fighting men were fanatical because of it. Bushido stressed bravery and loyalty. Honor, in fact, was more important than life itself. The tradition of Bushido said that it was more honorable to die in battle than live captive and bear the shame of imprisonment."

This eventually led the P.O.W.s in the P.O.W. camp in Australia to charge at the gates while being shot down by machine guns. They sacrificed themselves for honor.

Kamikazes came from this. Often killing themselves for honor.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Nostrodamus was a crazy bastard who jsut happened to make predictions on what ALREADY happened. WE made them accurate predictions. IT had NOTHING to do with him. so, if the world ends in 2012, it's because people are too ignorant(or stupid) to understand this.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:31 pm

No he didn't.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:52 am

Wasn't the emperor living in or near Tokyo?

Bombing it would only kill the only chance of a surrender.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Ringleader wrote:Wasn't the emperor living in or near Tokyo?

Bombing it would only kill the only chance of a surrender.

The Emporer was the head of the snake. Cut the head. The Snake dies.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:28 pm

No, not really. The Japanese would have fought without the Emporer.

Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Angatar wrote:No, not really. The Japanese would have fought without the Emporer.

Why?

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next