Nothing To Say But Wow

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Nothing To Say But Wow Empty Nothing To Say But Wow

Post by CivBase on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:38 pm

Before I say more, you should know that I live in Iowa, not Nebraska. When I original joined HWF, TCF, and other forums, I put my state down as Nebraska because it made my parents feel better, and so when people asked I just told them that as well. No, I actually live in Des Moines, Iowa. I'm surprised that you guys didn't figure that out by now... after all, that map has a marker in Des Moines, not Omaha.

With that said, I can get to the actual point of this.

As of April 3rd, gay marriage has been legalized in Iowa. While I don't agree with it, it wasn't that big of a deal, so I let it go shortly. Next, I hear that a gay club is starting in my school. Now I'm a little mad.

The club already has 85 people in it, which is a TON for my high school, which has no more than 600 students. The cheerleading coach started it and she even hired a lawyer! What's more, the school is not allowed to legally dissolve the club or even disconnect it from the school. It is backed by the Gay Straight Alliance. Something interesting to know is that it is a fact that the GSA is more interested in starting these clubs than students and the students have support and contact with the adults. Scary? I think so.

It made me mad, but I let it slide again... Still, I can't help but wonder, what would they do at these meetings? I'd rather not think about it... pale

This wasn't enough, though. Tomorrow, my school is having a "Day of Silence" where students refrain from talking "in support of those who are afraid to speak out against hate crimes. Hate crimes? Everything about this has gay mentioned first thing, is supported by the GSA and gay club, and coincidentally started advertising right after April 3rd. Not to mention there has never been anything close to a hate crime in my high school since I've been there.

They posted signs all around the school, wrote a notice on the school's web page, and even got the principal to put a section in the announcements made during homeroom that harassment on either side will not be tolerated. Funny thing is, the people participating won't be able to talk anyways. Teachers are allowed to force the students to talk, but so far the only one with the courage to do so is the choir teacher. Anyways, the kids are going to duct-tape their mouths shut and wear T-shirts. There are over 100 participants... nearly 1/5 the school.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking about writing in to Glen Beck Razz

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Nothing To Say But Wow Empty Re: Nothing To Say But Wow

Post by Cheese on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:56 pm

I think that if we're going to move on a society then we should need gay clubs just as much as we need straight clubs, or clubs for people with black hair. But I suppose if this had already happened then the club wouldn't be there in the first place.

Still, sounds to me that it'll end up causing more harm than good in terms of bullying, though support will no doubt be stronger.

As for the event, sounds pretty distracting in terms of schooling, and I doubt the folks who would be hating will care anyway.

Long story short, it's pretty unnecessary and probably counter-productive in the short term. If people want to be accepted for who they are, we need to stop shoving it in eachothers faces and start hating eachother because of the things Church talks about in RvBs true ending.

Yup. That's what I think.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:57 pm

The day of silence is a national thing that happens yearly, it has nothing to do with you school, so get over it.

There is nothing wrong with being gay

and you are afraid to think about what they do in the club?

There is a debate club with boys AND girls in it, does that mean all they are doing is fucking?

I hate intollerant stupid people, I really do.

Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:17 pm

CivBase wrote:

It made me mad, but I let it slide again... Still, I can't help but wonder, what would they do at these meetings? I'd rather not think about it... pale
Lols.

Anyway, I don't care much for gay people, I think if they are gay, go be gay all you want, but I don't care as you are just a human. They should be treated the same, as in they should not get discriminated nor given special treatment.
So I think there should be no different in our society if you are gay or not, It shouldn't make any difference ideally.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:31 pm

*sigh* This isn't meant to be a debate.
Lord Pheonix wrote:The day of silence is a national thing that happens yearly, it has nothing to do with you school, so get over it.
Doesn't change much...

Lord Pheonix wrote:There is nothing wrong with being gay
I don't agree, but I have no problem with people that are gay. Most are quite likable.

Lord Pheonix wrote:and you are afraid to think about what they do in the club?

There is a debate club with boys AND girls in it, does that mean all they are doing is fucking?
LP, what would you talk about in this club?

"Don't let people get to you because you're gay!"
"Umm... nobody has tried."
"Oh...

Well then..."

Besides, it was a joke.

Lord Pheonix wrote:I hate intollerant stupid people, I really do.
Like I said, I let it slide until I had to go through a day for it.

I have nothing against gay people, but I'm not going to let them plaster it all over me because I don't agree with them.

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:48 pm

Ok, one i have to agree on civ with some points not becuase im intollerant becuase they are overdoing the whole "gay protection"

One i dont think a "Gay" clup is an appropriate school club. Why? becuase it selectively calls to Gays. We dont have "Black club" or Spanish Immigrant club" do we?, no we dont. Why?, becuase its demeaning and supports discrimination.

Of course civ your acting a little selective, why do you even care whats going on in these stupid little clubs, and if it is anything illegal like rape, well that means the Schools can Legaly disolve them. But i really doubt that anything suspicious is happening in these clubs so just ignore them and they will go away.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:04 pm

you and your against gay...thing. Honestly, I don't see how you can't "agree" with people being gay, but whatever, can't force someone to like someone.

anyway, my school has a gay, lesbian, and bi-sexial club, and I am friends with some gay/lesbian people. Nothing wrong with them.

but, to adress the "club" issue. What's wrong with having a club for gay people and supporters?

You really want it to be "disolved"? kind of mean, since they never did anything to you. Unless they actually did something to you, like say, beat you(first thought that popped into my head) then you should say something.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:30 pm

Yeah, it's really a "gay straight alliance" club, so it's not limited to people who are gay.

MY school has one too. I heard something on the announcements today about the whole day of silence thing. I thought it was tomorrow. If it was today... nobody at my school participated.

Anyways, I know of a few gay people at my school. I could care less.

But I agree that promotion of integration often causes segregation. I also think that a lot of modern racism is simply imagined.

Understand, I'm not saying it does not exist. Of course it does. However, I think a lot of it is somewhat romanticized.

There was some guy at my school a while back who called a black guy a "nigger," and the guy punched him in the face so hard that his chin split. Now, was that really necessary? no.

The only reason the black guy was so offended by the term was because he'd been told that he should think of it as offensive. Society has raised him to think that if a white guy says 'the N word' you get REALLY PISSED.

It's obvious that the word isn't really thought of as offensive. Groups of black guys call each other exactly the same thing amongst themselves. But when a white guy says it... society has trained them to snap.

I think it was Ron Paul who said that, if we wish to get rid of racism, we have to get over our group mentality and start thinking of people as individuals, rather than categorizing them as a specific race/orientation.

The grouping together of minorities only promotes prejudice.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:18 am

And on the "no black or mexican clubs", they CAN be created if someone wants to I believe. A student just has to petition for it or go to the principal or something.

Im not completely sure how it works but I am certain that it can be made if soemone tries. The Gays just happened to do it and are more vocal about it.

Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:22 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:And on the "no black or mexican clubs", they CAN be created if someone wants to I believe. A student just has to petition for it or go to the principal or something.

Im not completely sure how it works but I am certain that it can be made if soemone tries. The Gays just happened to do it and are more vocal about it.

And gays are still affected by institutionalized segregation.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:14 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:The day of silence is a national thing that happens yearly, it has nothing to do with you school.

I was about to say this.

I found out about it last year, and I saw some girl using a gay pride flag taped over her mouth to symbolize it.

I'm still kinda split with gay rights and stuff, but still, doin' wierd stuff like that doesn't help them take in mainstream support.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamiesway on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:30 am

i reallly dont want gay guy doing stuff in frount of me but ya know i have a soldier who is gay and he is one of the nicest people i every met...he's so kool and fun to be around....yall should talk to them or something there just people like you and me
Jamiesway
Jamiesway
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:10 am

tbh, the only public homosexual makeouts i've ever seen were done between 2 straight girls...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:53 pm

I am not prejudice against Gays felix, i agree with them in the sensew that yes they should fight for their rights. But why the hell do we need to turn this into a fad.

I understand the day of silence thing, a few kids in my school participated like say.. 3-4.

I just disagree with the gay club idea becuase there is no purpose for such a club at all. i mean what goes on at those meetings.

"Well.. i heard your gay"

"Yea"

"dont worry its ok"

"Um.. yea i know"

"Oh... ok.. uhh now what?"

If its just supposed to be a social club i dont think the school has to be tied to it as it wont involve any school activities.

And still who actually does persecute gays.. well besides extreme conservatives and religous groups. I make fun of gays yes, but i make fun of blacks, Mexicans, Communists, Russians(like myself), Muslims, Catholics, Racist Rednecks, KKK Rednecks, Politicians,.. actually i make fun of just about everyone (including myself and racial group).
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:06 pm

I have never even heard of the day of silence thing. lol.

Honestly, I dont care if there is a gay club or a straight club(neither of which exist at my school in the first place), although I disagree with their formation in the first place.

You want to stop segregation? For some reason creating groups that split people up based on something like that doesn't seem like the best idea.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thane321 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:45 pm

i think it'd make more sense for there just to be a club, not gay or straight.. it seems pretty silly as dragoon said.

jaimie has anyone said "eww a gay he's an alien" in this thread, no, so why post that?

and NT, i thing you need to talk to your parents, it might explain something...

Razz
thane321
thane321
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1142
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:01 pm

It's not a "gay club."

It's a gay straight alliance.

It's a group of both sexual orientations that "work towards ending prejudice towards gays."
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by thane321 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:15 pm

ReconToaster wrote:It's not a "gay club."

It's a gay straight alliance.

It's a group of both sexual orientations that "work towards ending prejudice towards gays."

then the whole school shold just class it as bullying, like racism, (unless there's a white black aliance(sounds like a club to me) in your school). anyways it should just be against the rules.
thane321
thane321
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:12 pm

God, you people are so sensitive to political correctness. There's also a young life youth group club at my school for Christians. Am I whining?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by thane321 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:35 pm

yes?
thane321
thane321
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:39 pm

no...

I don't necessarily like it, but I'm not out saying that it shouldn't be allowed. I'm sorry but I'm not quite that Nazi-like.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by thane321 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:51 pm

i didn't mean it shouldn't be allowed, i meant anyone comenting on sexual orientation in a derogatory manner should not be allowed...

i knew what i meant
thane321
thane321
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:57 pm

thane321 wrote:i didn't mean it shouldn't be allowed, i meant anyone comenting on sexual orientation in a derogatory manner should not be allowed...

i knew what i meant

Oh... well that's completely different. [/serious]
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:The day of silence is a national thing that happens yearly, it has nothing to do with you school, so get over it.

There is nothing wrong with being gay

and you are afraid to think about what they do in the club?

I hate intollerant stupid people, I really do.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:48 pm

ReconToaster wrote:God, you people are so sensitive to political correctness. There's also a young life youth group club at my school for Christians. Am I whining?

lol, im sure they are trying to figure out how to get rid of the Gay Straight Alliance club too.

Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum