Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3

+8
Vigil
JumpingJet
R!zZle BiZzl£
Ascendant Justice
CivBase
Cheese
Toaster
Gauz
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fallout 3 Empty Fallout 3

Post by Gauz Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:01 pm

DO YOU LIEK IT?

Should I get it? I played up to the part when you have to fix the galaxy news radios dish..

Is it worth getting and playing the rest of?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Fallout 3 Empty Re: Fallout 3

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:21 pm

hmmm... Weird timing.

I recently got it for PC and... yes. It's worth it.

If you're into role playing games, which I am, It's amazing.

Just make sure you take the time to involve yourself with the ridiculous amount of sidequests.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:53 am

\Did you make this thread just because you saw mine broke? Sad I reeeealy wanna play it.

If you can, get it for the pc because of the modding kit that comes out soon. I didn't find there were too many sidequests though. I completed them all in a day (not including several I'd completed before).

Sure there are a few, but that's like 12, compared to hundreds on Morrowind and Oblivion. Maybe i'm not looking hard enough (and my disc is broken Sad)

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:51 am

No, I think it sucks and Oblivion is far better.... but that's my opinion. The game is just boring to me. Here's why I say this:

The beginning is slow after you get out of the vault... the inside of the vault is boring up to the end, but the climax in the vault is just stupid because you aren't attached to anyone... The storyline itself has no real plot to it, and if you finish the main quest you have to start the game all over.

The graphics are better, but you'll be dying for a change of scenery after a few hours into the game. Plus, if anything falls on the ground you'll never find it because the floor is littered with... well... litter.

The only way to heal yourself is to eat food - which radiates you and hurts you as much as it helps - or use stympacks, which are far to rare to be used on a regular basis.

The 'guilds' are very suckish IMO, and the quests are sluggish and boring.

The wasteland has nothing, and DC is such a crawling deathtrap you'd be insane to go in there until you're level 50. The cities are hardly any better. Plus, there are only two cities, which is a big drag, and the map is huge, but this time with no horse to take you places. Then, if you blow up megaton, there's only one city.

The weapons require ammo and repair far more often than Oblivion, and it's rare to find anything to fix them or restock ammo. The armor is even more scarce, and the good armor requires you to level up so incredibly far that it's no use dragging around the extra weight.=

There are only a handful of enemies, and they get very repetitive after a while.

The karma system isn't really any more important than speech is in Oblivion... and I got around with little to no speech level just fine.

The evil rampages where you kill everyone are no fun because the cities are so few and far from each other, and there is no real authority to challenge other than the Sheriff at megaton and whom ever is guarding the other city. The sheriff is so easy to dispatch, you'd have to be an idiot to fail.

The manual aiming system is so terrible that you may as well either use a close quarters weapon (got you killed if you were fighting anything stronger than a radroach) or the VATS slow-motion aiming system, which sucked all of the fun out of battles in exchange for a single matrix style shot to the head from your hunting rifle without all the cool black jackets and flips.

The only good music is on the three radio stations, which repeat the same thing over and over again until you pull your hair out. You will here nothing other than "He's hack'n and whack'n and smack'n" for five hours straight. I know it's a good song, but it just kills it with the rate of which they play it.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:25 am

I had simmilar thoughts when I played it civ...
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:41 am

Civ wrote:No, I think it sucks and Oblivion is far better.... but that's my opinion. The game is just boring to me.

Your opinion is wrong.

Civ wrote:if you finish the main quest you have to start the game all over.

Unless of course you use more than one save slot...

Civ wrote:The graphics are better, but you'll be dying for a change of scenery after a few hours into the game. Plus, if anything falls on the ground you'll never find it because the floor is littered with... well... litter.

I'll admit, the visuals are a bit.. bland, but it sets the tone for the game, and encourages exploration.

I find things that I drop quite easily, seeing as the majority of the wasteland is just a bunch of sand and rocks.

Civ wrote:The only way to heal yourself is to eat food - which radiates you and hurts you as much as it helps - or use stympacks, which are far to rare to be used on a regular basis.

Radiation poisoning takes quite a while to kick in, and it's not that big of a deal. Stimpacks are in just about every bathroom and metro station, and they cost only 36 caps at most vendors. If you actually do side quests, you can afford them.

Civ wrote:The 'guilds' are very suckish IMO, and the quests are sluggish and boring.

There aren't really any joinable guilds. It's not Oblivion... get over it. The side quests are great though. Seriously. There's the one where you track down the replicant, or the one where you can help a bunch of escaped slaved infiltrate the Lincoln Memorial. You can kill some ghouls, or help them invade Tenpenny tower. I don't think you've done enough side-quests...

Civ wrote: There are only a handful of enemies

As compared to what?

Civ wrote:The evil rampages where you kill everyone are no fun

Never tried....

Civ wrote:The manual aiming system is so terrible that you may as well either use a close quarters weapon

That's an exaggeration... but I know what you mean. The crosshair is fucking tiny, and it's not so easy to control. However, and I say this with complete honesty, and without arrogance, it feels much better on PC.

Civ wrote: The only good music is on the three radio stations, which repeat the same thing over and over again until you pull your hair out. You will here nothing other than "He's hack'n and whack'n and smack'n" for five hours straight. I know it's a good song, but it just kills it with the rate of which they play it.

lol. I actually haven't heard that one in a while. I normally just get a lot of "Bongo bongo bongo I don't want to leave the jungle oh no no no no no. Bingo bango bongo he's so happy in the jungle he refuse to go!"

I don't mind the songs repeating. Infact, I'd love it if they played those same songs even more. What I can't stand is the stupid radio broadcasts. I turn on Enclave Radio, just wanting to hear some more "Dixie land," but instead I hear STUPID FUCKING president Eden talking about how he got elected, or how he used to have a dog. UGH!

Speaking of voice acting though... qui-gon-jin is your father... so there's no complaining aloud.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:29 am

I like it but I prefer Oblivion A LOT more. Yes the graphics are better by miles but the game lacks the same freedom that Oblivion gave you, and one of my biggest gripes is that the dungeon locations in the game do NOT HAVE RESPAWNING ENEMIES!!! /rage.

Story is bleh but on the plus side, the game does have a huge survival aspect to it which makes the game a bit harder. The whole "you have to eat radiated food and drink infected water to gain health" is kinda annoying early game when you dont have very many "radaways" and lots of times you'll find yourself with little to no ammo and that makes you savor every handgun/rifle round that you get your hands on.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by R!zZle BiZzl£ Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:35 am

right I'm not so sure if i should get this game, because of the mixed response. so to make it easier for me how much would you pay for it? confused
R!zZle BiZzl£
R!zZle BiZzl£
Minion

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:04 am

Simple review:

Oblivion but guns.

Oblivion - 8.9
FallOut 3 - 7.4
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:15 am

ReconToaster wrote:
Civ wrote:No, I think it sucks and Oblivion is far better.... but that's my opinion. The game is just boring to me.
Your opinion is wrong.
Your statement makes no sense. Opinion is opinion.

ReconToaster wrote:
Civ wrote:if you finish the main quest you have to start the game all over.
Unless of course you use more than one save slot...
But the main quest is still no fun because of this.

ReconToaster wrote:
Civ wrote:The graphics are better, but you'll be dying for a change of scenery after a few hours into the game. Plus, if anything falls on the ground you'll never find it because the floor is littered with... well... litter.
I'll admit, the visuals are a bit.. bland, but it sets the tone for the game, and encourages exploration.
For me it just makes me want to grab a broom and start sweeping...

ReconToaster wrote:I find things that I drop quite easily, seeing as the majority of the wasteland is just a bunch of sand and rocks.
But places like megaton make it impossible to find anything, and the excessively dark lighting only serves to make it harder.

ReconToaster wrote:
Civ wrote:The only way to heal yourself is to eat food - which radiates you and hurts you as much as it helps - or use stympacks, which are far to rare to be used on a regular basis.
Radiation poisoning takes quite a while to kick in, and it's not that big of a deal. Stimpacks are in just about every bathroom and metro station, and they cost only 36 caps at most vendors. If you actually do side quests, you can afford them.
I haven't had the same luck as you.

ReconToaster wrote:
Civ wrote:The 'guilds' are very suckish IMO, and the quests are sluggish and boring.
There aren't really any joinable guilds. It's not Oblivion... get over it.
They have that vampire group and a few other things though.

ReconToaster wrote:The side quests are great though. Seriously. There's the one where you track down the replicant, or the one where you can help a bunch of escaped slaved infiltrate the Lincoln Memorial. You can kill some ghouls, or help them invade Tenpenny tower. I don't think you've done enough side-quests...
Probably not, I've been mostly occupied with the main quest. There is no real resting places when you're out in the wasteland, no cities to take refuge and refuel when exploring. This has done wonders to scare me away from searching for side-quests.

ReconToaster wrote:
Civ wrote: There are only a handful of enemies
As compared to what?
In oblivion you have about 10x as many enemies as I've seen in Fallout.

ReconToaster wrote:
Civ wrote:The evil rampages where you kill everyone are no fun
Never tried....
Then take my word, they're not. The fighting itself is just boring to me.

ReconToaster wrote:
Civ wrote:The manual aiming system is so terrible that you may as well either use a close quarters weapon
That's an exaggeration... but I know what you mean. The crosshair is fucking tiny, and it's not so easy to control.
Not to mention the lack of first person and controllable camera.

ReconToaster wrote:However, and I say this with complete honesty, and without arrogance, it feels much better on PC.
Maybe.

ReconToaster wrote:
Civ wrote: The only good music is on the three radio stations, which repeat the same thing over and over again until you pull your hair out. You will here nothing other than "He's hack'n and whack'n and smack'n" for five hours straight. I know it's a good song, but it just kills it with the rate of which they play it.
lol. I actually haven't heard that one in a while. I normally just get a lot of "Bongo bongo bongo I don't want to leave the jungle oh no no no no no. Bingo bango bongo he's so happy in the jungle he refuse to go!"
Ahg, I hear it 24/7!!! It drives me CRAZY!
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:48 am

You should play Morrowind, people. The combat is pathetic and magic is as underpowered as an ant with a rocket launcher (that it can't fire) - but it has the second most immersive world I've seen ever.

For me, Oblivion had a lack of side quests- so Fallout was even worse. But the worst thing was that everywhere looked the same - morrowind had character. Fallout had a bit more than Oblivion because it wasn't some generic fantasyland I spent my entire childhood in, but it was still samey.

I would pay 30 quid for fallout, if I hadn't bought it before. But my disc has broken, so I'm decided whether or not to pirate it right now...

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:53 am

Are you kidding? I always had at least five quests going on at once in Oblivion.

I say Oblivion (including Shivering Isles) is worth about $60 plus another $20 for DLC

Fallout, even with all DLC included, is only worth about $40 or $50 to me.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Sorry, I should be way more specific. I meant guild quests.

In Oblivion there were... 5? Blades, thieves, fighters, mages, dark brotherhood? maaaaaaybe the arena if you push it.

In morrowind there were... let's see... Mages, fighters, blades, theives, morag tong, the church (forgot their name), the three great houses (which were three different ones) errr... those shadow worshipper guys, imperial legion... necromancers (which kinda dont count but oh well), the ashkan...

Well those are all the ones I found. These had about 30 quests each on the main ones - about 15 on the small ones. I'm sure there will be more somewhere, but you get my idea. Fallout had none of these, which although made sense, was kind of a let down.

I do fully admit that the Oblivion quests were better though - except the mages guild. Oh gee. Should I go kill some more necromancers now? Sure, why the hell not.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Mages, Fighters, Dark Brotherhood, Theives, Blades, Necromancers, Legion, Mythic Dawn... not sure who the others are though.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:50 pm

You can't do quests for the necromancers, legion or mythic dawn... (though you can join mythic dawn)

You could include the church if you're counting non playable. Or the Dremora.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Lets not forget the Knights of the Thorn....
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:04 pm

lol

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Knights of the thorn, they were stupid as hell..

I wanted to join the mythic dawn, personally I think the Deadric princes were cooler than the aedrea...
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:51 pm

I liked Fallout 3 more than Obivilion.

Fallout 3 seemed more adult and I liked the barren wasteland of post nuclear war washington.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Morrowind let you jump 50 ft in the air (not an exaggeration)

so it automatically is better than all of them

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:09 pm

RuneScape>All DUH!
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:49 am

Cheese wrote:You should play Morrowind, people. The combat is pathetic and magic is as underpowered as an ant with a rocket launcher (that it can't fire) - but it has the second most immersive world I've seen ever.

For me, Oblivion had a lack of side quests- so Fallout was even worse. But the worst thing was that everywhere looked the same - morrowind had character. Fallout had a bit more than Oblivion because it wasn't some generic fantasyland I spent my entire childhood in, but it was still samey.

I would pay 30 quid for fallout, if I hadn't bought it before. But my disc has broken, so I'm decided whether or not to pirate it right now...

QFT
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Vigil wrote:I liked Fallout 3 more than Obivilion.

Fallout 3 seemed more adult and I liked the barren wasteland of post nuclear war washington.
The only thing I hate about fallout three is that it is literally a crawling death trap in DC and thats where all the missions are. On top of that the radar cant help you find crap Evil or Very Mad
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:49 pm

CivBase wrote:No, I think it sucks and Oblivion is far better.... but that's my opinion. The game is just boring to me. Here's why I say this:

The beginning is slow after you get out of the vault... the inside of the vault is boring up to the end, but the climax in the vault is just stupid because you aren't attached to anyone... The storyline itself has no real plot to it, and if you finish the main quest you have to start the game all over.

The graphics are better, but you'll be dying for a change of scenery after a few hours into the game. Plus, if anything falls on the ground you'll never find it because the floor is littered with... well... litter.

The only way to heal yourself is to eat food - which radiates you and hurts you as much as it helps - or use stympacks, which are far to rare to be used on a regular basis.

The 'guilds' are very suckish IMO, and the quests are sluggish and boring.

The wasteland has nothing, and DC is such a crawling deathtrap you'd be insane to go in there until you're level 50. The cities are hardly any better. Plus, there are only two cities, which is a big drag, and the map is huge, but this time with no horse to take you places. Then, if you blow up megaton, there's only one city.

The weapons require ammo and repair far more often than Oblivion, and it's rare to find anything to fix them or restock ammo. The armor is even more scarce, and the good armor requires you to level up so incredibly far that it's no use dragging around the extra weight.=

There are only a handful of enemies, and they get very repetitive after a while.

The karma system isn't really any more important than speech is in Oblivion... and I got around with little to no speech level just fine.

The evil rampages where you kill everyone are no fun because the cities are so few and far from each other, and there is no real authority to challenge other than the Sheriff at megaton and whom ever is guarding the other city. The sheriff is so easy to dispatch, you'd have to be an idiot to fail.

The manual aiming system is so terrible that you may as well either use a close quarters weapon (got you killed if you were fighting anything stronger than a radroach) or the VATS slow-motion aiming system, which sucked all of the fun out of battles in exchange for a single matrix style shot to the head from your hunting rifle without all the cool black jackets and flips.

The only good music is on the three radio stations, which repeat the same thing over and over again until you pull your hair out. You will here nothing other than "He's hack'n and whack'n and smack'n" for five hours straight. I know it's a good song, but it just kills it with the rate of which they play it.

Civ, that is ur oppinion and i respect that, but it sounds like you didnt play very far into the game, there are ALOT of cities/towns/settlements in the game, you are right the aiming system does suck cause even though you aim at the guys head your probably going to miss even if your weapon level is at 100
There are many types of weapons and armor especially if you get the DLC which also allows you to go to new places. and the fact that theyre scarce is because its post apocolyptia, ur not gonna find alot of guns and ammo (even though if u look in the right spots ull find your fair share) The power armor only requires training (which you can get 3rd mission into the game...) which sux cause then it really is no fun cause w/ power armor you are unstopable, especially if you get medic droid armor.
They should've made vats less frequent to be used, and made the aiming system better (but they rushed the aiming system which is why it sucks)
The story line, yes couldve been better, but I didnt think it was 1/2 bad, and you get even more story if you do the sequence of side missions through towns
The biggest disappointment for me was the fact that you cant level past 20 unlike in the other versions of the game you get to 20 and then apparently your learning capability is past its prime and you cant get any better at anything.
Overall i liked the game, but thats me, i figure its a good way to kill a couple weeks of boredum
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:26 pm

I finally finished. The ending was meh, but whatever.

I agree that power armor sucks, but only because it looks dumb. I have my character wearing a tan pin-striped business suit with a welding mask on. HE LOOKS AWESOME. Power armor just doesn't do him justice.

The shooting is all around shitty. It's not just the aiming. It's something about the engine that Bethesda uses for Oblivion and Fallout. When you hit/shoot things... it doesn't feel like you've done anything. There's no form of player feedback. It just feels like you're wailing away at something, and it's not feeling anything. In most games, when you shoot something... you FEEL like you are shooting something.

In Fallout 3... the enemies don't seem to react. They occasional do a "ouch I'm hurt" animation, but it's not the same.

I think this is just Bethesda trying to be oldschool RPG makers. They don't want their games to feel like shooters. They want them to feel sorta like you have to grind a bit, and they want your level to really make a difference.

This isn't something I love about the game, but it doesn't bother me much. It's not a shooter.

death wrote:On top of that the radar cant help you find crap

Yeah, I can't stand the Fallout 3 / Oblivion directional system. SO FRUSTRATING
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down