The beginning of the end for consoles!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The beginning of the end for consoles! - Page 2 Empty Re: The beginning of the end for consoles!

Post by Gold Spartan on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:02 pm

I dont either. It'd be WAY to inconvienent for me. (Has a modem. So the reach isnt very far.)
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

The beginning of the end for consoles! - Page 2 Empty Re: The beginning of the end for consoles!

Post by Ukurse on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:53 am

DL'ing from things like Steam would be total crap THB.
Maybe in the future when all place in the world have ultra fast fibre Optic cables.
NZ still doesn't have Broadband, we have something that is so insignificantly better than dail up, it is still considered dail up in the vast majority of websites. Our government promises us with ultra fast fibre optic cables by 2011 and heaps of people protest about how it doesn't help the main stream Business! Mother fucking idiot n00bs!
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:33 am

Its pretty cool, but nothing for MS to worry about! Razz
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:38 am

ReconToaster wrote:
As for piracy.... STEAM IS GOD!

how? it does nothing to stop piracy and it does nothing to help it....so really...its like flat ground.....not god
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:32 am

NT wrote:how? it does nothing to stop piracy and it does nothing to help it....so really...its like flat ground.....not god

Actually, it does. In many countries, such as Russia, where games are hard to find, Valve has experienced HUGE drops in piracy rates after a game appeared on Steam. There are many honest people out there who would love to give to the people who create their games, but otherwise had no way of doing so.

You're right though. Steam does nothing to stop ass holes like you from pirating just for the sake of pirating.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Here's something: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/gdc-2009/638-OnLive

Personaly, I think it's a great idea; problem is, like (somebody here) said, the console makers aren't going to do what's best for the gaming community; they're going to do what's best for their wallets.
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Heh, I was going to link that before.

It doesn't offer much more insight, but at least you can see the games running.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:30 pm

capn qwerty wrote:Here's something: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/gdc-2009/638-OnLive

Personaly, I think it's a great idea; problem is, like (somebody here) said, the console makers aren't going to do what's best for the gaming community; they're going to do what's best for their wallets.

What the hell do you think OnLive is gonna do?

For the majority of the world(*ahem*, probably 99.9% of the population or more) OnLive will simply be something they read in a magazine of possibly a newspaper, or hear about on the internet; the extremely high speeds needed to download all the game data and connect everyone is simply to much for most people to afford, thats is if it is even offered in their area(not likely).
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:41 pm

John Spinale wrote:You don't want to have to worry about hardware

Yes John, Yes I do.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:30 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
You're right though. Steam does nothing to stop ass holes like you from pirating just for the sake of pirating.

I buy at least one game from each developer that deserves it.

I've actually purchased 3 GTA games, and rented the fourth one, so i am entitled to get GTA4 and lost and the damned free

I bought cod4 and I pirated cod waw (which is failure, i jsut want to see the nuke go off) and i will pirate cod mw2 to try and buy it if its a big enough improvement

i bought battlefield bad company, and rented mirrors edge, so i'm gonna pirate mirrors edge on the pc

I bought half life 2 and l4d and pirated portal

I pay for EVE when i have it

clearly you think i just mindlessly pirate. Most games I pirate hoping they'll be good and find out they really aren't.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:47 pm

NT wrote:so i am entitled to get GTA4 and lost and the damned free

So... because you buy three pairs of shoes... you're entitled to get a fourth pair free? Under what twisted logic?

NT wrote:i bought battlefield bad company, and rented mirrors edge, so i'm gonna pirate mirrors edge on the pc

You're not giving Dice or EA any money by renting their game. As for buying battle field... so what? You buy one of their games, and therefore deserve the second for free? That still makes no sense.

NT wrote:I pay for EVE when i have it

What else would you do? It's a fucking MMO. Good luck getting the same experience on a 10player hacked serve.

NT wrote:clearly you think i just mindlessly pirate. Most games I pirate hoping they'll be good and find out they really aren't.

Do you not look into games before you buy them? It's very rare that I buy a game that turns out worse than I thought it would be. Gears of War 2 was shit... but I expected it.

And no... I don't think you mindlessly pirate. You've created for yourself a very interesting... very immature code.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:04 am

capn qwerty wrote:Here's something: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/gdc-2009/638-OnLive

"Best for the gaming community?"

Lay down that joint, man. It won't bring world peace.
Quite honestly, the console war is GOOD. It forces each company to bring out the best in its console, and to find a niche in the market.

The three consoles we have today are as diverse as the Protoss, Zerg, and the Terrans. They are each providing the gamer with choice. What does he want? What does he need. The CONSUMER is then the driving force in the marketplace, a healthy sign in business.

You complain that you can't have Metal Gear Solid IV on the Wii, or motion controls for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on your Xbox. But a lot of money is spent on those controls and the processing power.
Do you really want to spend 800$ on a system with motion controls, the most advanced graphics in the world, and the greatest online experience yet available?
Do you REALLY need all of that?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:23 am

Rasq wrote:Do you really want to spend 800$ on a system with motion controls, the most advanced graphics in the world, and the greatest online experience yet available?
Do you REALLY need all of that?

At launch, all three consoles cost... $1,250, so $800 ain't that bad.

I think the whole promise of this system is unification... but I really don't care. I'm stuck in the past and I like it. I don't want mainstream appeal and I don't want to stop buying hardware.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:03 am

ReconToaster wrote:Do you not look into games before you buy them? It's very rare that I buy a game that turns out worse than I thought it would be.

I do, but i still think every game is deserving of a first person perspective. As I've found most gaming review sources to not be particularly accurate to my tastes.

Once again, gaming is an art, its meant to be experienced. If they have a problem with my experiencing of their art I would never pay for anyway, then they need a therapist.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:18 am

KristallNacht wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:Do you not look into games before you buy them? It's very rare that I buy a game that turns out worse than I thought it would be.

I do, but i still think every game is deserving of a first person perspective. As I've found most gaming review sources to not be particularly accurate to my tastes.

Once again, gaming is an art, its meant to be experienced. If they have a problem with my experiencing of their art I would never pay for anyway, then they need a therapist.

Spore *cough*

But I see Spore as a learning experience that revealed my true stupidity when it came to believing hype. After that, I haven't made one regrettable gaming purchase.

As for experiencing the art you would never pay for, I would say I totally disagree... but you've pretty much described my moral code for films and I'm a huge hypocrite.

I've only ever pirated games I owned but the disc died on me. Soon to be 'thieving' Fallout 3.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:59 am

Hmm... I agree with RT on this.

If it was that NT pirated a game, played the first level or two, and bought it if he liked it or got rid of it if he didn't.... but it appears as though he plays though the whole game before deciding if he likes it, and if he does he still doesn't buy it.

The only game or software that I have ever pirated was Battlezone 1 which I previously bought but it didn't work on my new computer. And that game is 13 years old and hasn't been supported by Activision at all for 7 or 8 years.

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2