New Rule on HWF

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New Rule on HWF - Page 4 Empty Re: New Rule on HWF

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Well, I think I'm finally going to leave HWF, at least until I can play through Halo Wars and then create a giant post as to why it breaks canon. The question is, do I make a Farewell thread, or no?

Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:12 pm

Don't. Over 90% of the community will not know who you are, plus Aloysius will simply label you one of the "seniors" (his version of that term) and will delete the thread in 5 minutes.

I do agree with you making the uber post about the canon thing though Smile
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Looking back, I did create alot of problems(most of which dealing with HTML), but all but one were unintentional.

The only two that realyl stand out are:
1. Finding a way to post in a already locked thread.
Told Thunder about that, User option to lock a post was removed.

2. Someone came on posting a giant image that overlapped the screen and linked to youtube.

I copied the code, changed the link and responded. That was also about the time I got banned...

If it matters, I do have a second account on HWF using a seperate IP adress, I only made a few posts with it and its just there so I can see the game updates now.(Yes, I play Halo Wars, it is a very enjoyable game to play).
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Rot, you can include your farewell in your breaks-canon post, but otherwise, it will be deleted, and you will be banned. You enter with warm welcome, and leave cold, and forgotten.

Last edited by x Gauz x on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Well, I think I'm finally going to leave HWF, at least until I can play through Halo Wars and then create a giant post as to why it breaks canon. The question is, do I make a Farewell thread, or no?

Damn, I was going to ask for help with work on a new MOTM.

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:31 pm

It was you who told them how peopel were unlocking posts? Sad
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:35 pm

Angatar wrote:It was you who told them how peopel were unlocking posts? Sad
I was the one who discovered how to unlock posts
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:37 pm

When did you do that...? I used that a lot...
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:39 pm

I used that before anyone else
I used that like a week after I joined
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:39 pm

Really? Never anyone but me do that.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:44 pm

Nah
I did it quite a few times, once to prove to Thunder that it was possible.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:46 pm

Then he got uber pissed

AMIRITE?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:48 pm

I dunno, but he thanked me in the PM for telling him and later removed the lock post option.

Speaking of Thunder, isn't he at the DOWII forums now?
More importantly, who is that big of a stalker/creeper to find him again?
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:13 pm

You?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:27 pm

No, someone else found him
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Well, I think I'm finally going to leave HWF, at least until I can play through Halo Wars and then create a giant post as to why it breaks canon. The question is, do I make a Farewell thread, or no?

Make your farewell thread. Trust me, It will give you closure, leaving a place you've been for 3 years.

When I left, it was much worse. I was not aware of TCF. For all I knew, I would never speak to any of you guys again. It was pretty upsetting.

Make a final goodbye thread Rot. Just make sure not to make any final... complaints about anyone or anything. Just keep it wholesome. Talk about how much you used to love the place and how great a community it had. Don't talk about how it devolved. Talk about how you met a lot of people and gained a lot of (insert bullshit) in the 3 years that you posted. Hopefully Aloysius will have a bit of compassion, and at least give it some time before LOCKING, not deleting it. Paragon at least gave me that much.

I suppose you could throw in one final remark though. "VIVA LA SENIORS!!!," or something like that.

Seath wrote:Speaking of Thunder, isn't he at the DOWII forums now?
More importantly, who is that big of a stalker/creeper to find him again?

hmmm... we should go there and spam the place with more of those Grahm Somers sigs. Does anyone remember what he said in that update thread that we used them in? God, his words were so perfect. I CANT REMEMBER.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:43 pm

dont attack the DOWII forums.(which he is Community manager of btw. Plus the CoH forums.)
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:dont attack the DOWII forums.(which he is Community manager of btw. Plus the CoH forums.)

I'm not suggesting an attack... just a playful spamming of Thunder pics... like we did on Halo Wars a year back.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Must've been away. For I dont remember that.

I'd make a farewell thread, but I've only been there for a year and a half. Plus no one would remember me.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:55 pm

PM Conversation i had with Aloy. Didn't even bother reading my first post.
[quote user="T92"]

Now, from what i see from your PM returns to other seniors, you seem to have a very mixed up view of what a senior "is". A senior does not go around flaming people, even now, i can't think of many that do (okay, L0d3x and NT are pretty harsh), even when the forums were at it's worst, members like Rotaratilbo and UNSC AI #23 (AKA Arcangel) still refused to flame noobs. If you read my entire post, start your next post with "12345", cause i don't believe you will

A senior is a member that sets the standard for the forum of how much you must contribute and be helpful to be considered a good member. New people to the forums are shown how the forum works, and are shown that they must be nice, and what rules to abide by (search "the ten commandments", they were a list of basic rules the seniors used to let new members know what's going on). Members that, even after being shown multiple times, still behaved below standard, were labeled "noobs" and generally shunned, which makes sense, as they were the exact opposite of what seniors stood for, and disrupted the forums.

So what did it take to become a contributive member? Well, pretty much, trying to contribute to discussions, or make people laugh, or really just not be an asshole.

What did it take to become a noob? Flaming, not listening to rules (repeatedly), and genearlly making the forums worse.

Now, the reason seniors are needed is because newbs can't show other newbs how to work, and noobs will. Noobs will always come, there are simply a whole lot more mean people in the world, let alone the internet, than nice people. When noobs show newbs how the forums work, they become noobs, and the forum just gets brought down, until it hits rock bottom. This is exactly what is going on in the HWF, and could have been prevented if we had more seniors willing to stay.

This is not saying your wrong, but merely to correct you in your uninformed view of what seniors actually do. We keep the forums in order, and show noobs what to do through EXAMPLE, something mods such as yourself are incapable of doing, since you aren't actual members persay. Through this, you may better understand us, and we may better understand eachother. I personnally believe that you had to take away sigs, and that a few bans were in order, but they shouldn't have been permanent, and there shouldn't have been as many.

Sincerely,
TNine

PS If you think we are actually all just flaming noobs and invading the forums, you have to realize, we exagerate. A lot. Most members that say "i'm flaming noobs" aren't. Just that simple. The forum invasion was actually just a large counter-attack to ABG attacking Vigil, we weren't actually going to invade and spam, we were simply going to defend a friend.

[/quote]

[quote user="Aloysius"]Endlessly flaming "noobs" because you joined a site before them is never appropriate and will be dealt with harshly.[/quote]

[quote user="T92"]

[quote user="Aloysius"]Endlessly flaming "noobs" because you joined a site before them is never appropriate and will be dealt with harshly.[/quote]

Did you even look at the first line? Let alone read it?

THAT'S NOT WHAT SENIORS DO!

[/quote]

[quote user="T92"]

Because you seem to have absolutely no understanding of how forums (good forums, at any rate) run, i'm going to bump this, and see if any of these facts can get through your arrogance and reach the very small part of your brain that sees reason over personal insults.

BOTH MODS AND SENIORS ARE NEEDED, AND YOU CAN'T DO OUR JOB WHILE WE SHOULDN'T DO YOURS!!

Seniors makes good members (as in, turn new members into constructive posters, not make up the good member population), Mods ban bad members. If both do their job perfectly, the forums are absolutely perfect. If one is not here, the forums will fall into a flame-fest.

[/quote]

[quote user="Aloysius"]I am not going to give people special privileges aka "letting you flame noobs" just because you have a high post count. End of story.[/quote]

[quote user="T92"]

[quote user="Aloysius"]I am not going to give people special privileges aka "letting you flame noobs" just because you have a high post count. End of story.[/quote]

Once again, for all your efforts to ban all of us, you don't seem to care what we're saying. Perhaps if you came out of that cacoon of your own suspicions you would discover we aren't what we seem to be.

BTW Most seniors don't care who's flaming noobs, as long as they aren't flaming innocent nubs or newbs. MASSIVE difference.

[/quote]
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:57 pm

Why isn't my posts quoteboxed?
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:11 pm

T92 wrote:

Now, from what i see from your PM returns to other seniors, you seem to have a very mixed up view of what a senior "is". A senior does not go around flaming people, even now, i can't think of many that do (okay, L0d3x and NT are pretty harsh), even when the forums were at it's worst, members like Rotaratilbo and UNSC AI #23 (AKA Arcangel) still refused to flame noobs. If you read my entire post, start your next post with "12345", cause i don't believe you will

A senior is a member that sets the standard for the forum of how much you must contribute and be helpful to be considered a good member. New people to the forums are shown how the forum works, and are shown that they must be nice, and what rules to abide by (search "the ten commandments", they were a list of basic rules the seniors used to let new members know what's going on). Members that, even after being shown multiple times, still behaved below standard, were labeled "noobs" and generally shunned, which makes sense, as they were the exact opposite of what seniors stood for, and disrupted the forums.

So what did it take to become a contributive member? Well, pretty much, trying to contribute to discussions, or make people laugh, or really just not be an asshole.

What did it take to become a noob? Flaming, not listening to rules (repeatedly), and genearlly making the forums worse.

Now, the reason seniors are needed is because newbs can't show other newbs how to work, and noobs will. Noobs will always come, there are simply a whole lot more mean people in the world, let alone the internet, than nice people. When noobs show newbs how the forums work, they become noobs, and the forum just gets brought down, until it hits rock bottom. This is exactly what is going on in the HWF, and could have been prevented if we had more seniors willing to stay.

This is not saying your wrong, but merely to correct you in your uninformed view of what seniors actually do. We keep the forums in order, and show noobs what to do through EXAMPLE, something mods such as yourself are incapable of doing, since you aren't actual members persay. Through this, you may better understand us, and we may better understand eachother. I personnally believe that you had to take away sigs, and that a few bans were in order, but they shouldn't have been permanent, and there shouldn't have been as many.

Sincerely,
TNine

PS If you think we are actually all just flaming noobs and invading the forums, you have to realize, we exagerate. A lot. Most members that say "i'm flaming noobs" aren't. Just that simple. The forum invasion was actually just a large counter-attack to ABG attacking Vigil, we weren't actually going to invade and spam, we were simply going to defend a friend.

Aloysius wrote:Endlessly flaming "noobs" because you joined a site before them is never appropriate and will be dealt with harshly.

T92 wrote:

[quote user="Aloysius"]Endlessly flaming "noobs" because you joined a site before them is never appropriate and will be dealt with harshly.

T92 wrote:Did you even look at the first line? Let alone read it?

THAT'S NOT WHAT SENIORS DO!

T92 wrote:

Because you seem to have absolutely no understanding of how forums (good forums, at any rate) run, i'm going to bump this, and see if any of these facts can get through your arrogance and reach the very small part of your brain that sees reason over personal insults.

BOTH MODS AND SENIORS ARE NEEDED, AND YOU CAN'T DO OUR JOB WHILE WE SHOULDN'T DO YOURS!!

Seniors makes good members (as in, turn new members into constructive posters, not make up the good member population), Mods ban bad members. If both do their job perfectly, the forums are absolutely perfect. If one is not here, the forums will fall into a flame-fest.

Aloysius wrote:I am not going to give people special privileges aka "letting you flame noobs" just because you have a high post count. End of story.

T92 wrote:
Aloysius wrote:I am not going to give people special privileges aka "letting you flame noobs" just because you have a high post count. End of story.

Once again, for all your efforts to ban all of us, you don't seem to care what we're saying. Perhaps if you came out of that cacoon of your own suspicions you would discover we aren't what we seem to be.

BTW Most seniors don't care who's flaming noobs, as long as they aren't flaming innocent nubs or newbs. MASSIVE difference.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by squirrelboy on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:16 pm

aloy dosnt read anything we send him. Im tempted to stop trying
squirrelboy
squirrelboy
Minion

Male Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:26 pm

gruntmaster wrote:aloy dosnt read anything we send him. Im tempted to stop trying
I already gave up.

Thanks angatar.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:48 pm

You're welcome.

P.S. [quote="name"*] [/quote*] is the code, without the *.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next