New Rule on HWF

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New Rule on HWF - Page 2 Empty Re: New Rule on HWF

Post by Cheese on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:18 pm

2161 Razz

A bit harsh. Surely?

Whenever I read one of these threads I'm always tempted to say hello to Aloysius... So I will.

Hello!

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:20 pm

Why blame me Civ?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:24 pm

You have been banned from posting on the forums until 03-05-2161 7:23 PM. The reason for this ban is Ban Dodging. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:31 pm

You have been banned from posting on the forums until 03-05-2161 7:30 PM. The reason for this ban is Other. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:32 pm

I think this is a new record...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Felix wrote:Why blame me Civ?
Where did I blame you?

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:40 pm

CivBase wrote:

I dunno, maybe I do get a little cocky sometimes, but I don't consider myself a senior. Some there do, but they have a right to, as I bet most of them have been here longer than you have even worked on anything remotely related to Halo Wars. Some of the other ones like LH and Felix... I could see where you're going on that one, but it's not like it ruins the forums.

Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:45 pm

Well... erm.... cookies?

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm talking to him right now in a PM. Here it is so far...

ReconToaster wrote: Please understand that being a "senior member" is not a representation of your post count. There are plenty of people around with astronomically higher post counts than me (my original profile was lost in the conversion to windows live accounts,) and they are not seniors. You seem to be drawing more emphasis on post count than any of us.

Aloysius, I do not hate you. Rasq does not hate you. Civ does not hate you. Rot does not hate you. There are some people on Crimson Flame who are over-reacting, yes, but for the most part, we are a reasonable group of people.

Could you please take the time to speak with us, or at least talk to me on Xfire? Communication is key, and ignoring us and issuing a "zero tolerance" policy is not the way to go.

Aloysius wrote:What would you like to discuss? I simply won't allow members to spam and flame because they have a high post count.

That's it. You won't convince me to allow it.

ReconToaster wrote:could you stop the misrepresentation of Senior memebers? Post count is irrelevant. As I said, my old account has less than 2,000 posts. I've seen members who joined in 2008 with MUCH larger post counts.

Please, stop using us as a scapegoat for all the problems on these message boards. The majority of us have not even posted on HWF for a long time. I left back in 2008. Just show us a bit of respect.

Is it really impossible for you to show your face on TCF, and post in an environment where you are not empowered by mod powers? Trust me, people who flame you will be flamed in turn by Civ, Rot, Rasq, Krazy, LP, and myself.

Aloysius wrote:I'm not saying all posters with high counts are problems, there are plenty of non-problem high post count users. It's the people who call themselves "seniors" and try to tell people what to do.

It's that you guys are using it as your reasons to spam and flame new posters. I don't feel the need to go to other forums to flame people, but apparently you guys do, so I'll just keep banning and deleting you guys posts till you stop doing it or go away all together.

ReconToaster wrote:Again, you are misrepresenting us. Most of the senior members left a long time ago. Who is it exactly that you are complaining about? I can tell you whether they are "seniors."

Go to other forums to flame people? The few of us who still hang around on HWF don't "go" here, we started here. We were here long before the vast majority of the current "community," and long before you showed up. Forgive them for wanting to perserve the former greatness of these boards.

Is paragon still around?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:50 pm

CivBase wrote:Well... erm.... cookies?

Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:51 pm

Hmph. I just wrote him a massive PM, hes looked at it, and has chosen not to respond.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:56 pm

it seems that he doesn't actually read PM's... as he nearly always responds with the exact same generic response of

"you guys suck for having big post counts and flaming new members"

nearly every person I ever "flamed" on HWF is now a good friend of mine... and I personally never "flamed" anyone because of their post count.... and I've certainly never thought I was better due to my post count (which is slightly over 3000)

I've personally never done anything destructive twoard HWF... and yet I am being grouped with people who do want to do harm...

that is not fair
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:01 pm

KrAzY wrote:it seems that he doesn't actually read PM's... as he nearly always responds with the exact same generic response of

"you guys suck for having big post counts and flaming new members"

^^^This. There has to be some way of taking him down...for good.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:04 pm

its posts like that that aren;y helping the problem

you aren't going to "take him down" unless you mean contacting his bosses.... good luck with that seeing as how HE controls ROBOT entertainment's e-mail

if your not gonna help this by being constructive then please just stay out of it.... i'm gonna start deleting posts about "taking down Alyosius" and stuff like that.... we want to come to a reasonable agreement...
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:09 pm

I agree with that, Krazy.

But what exactly is the goal here? What is the agreement going to be? Is it that you want your accounts back, or just not to be treated differently? Because from what he's said, it looks like so long as you don't flame on HWF you should be fine.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:12 pm

I want signatures back...

although I give those a less than 3% chance of ever returning as long as Alyosius is in charge
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:20 pm

CivBase wrote:I wont post in the forums, but I am interested in what you thought of my post. You know, the Lay Off thread that you deleted. At least tell me you read it. If not, I have a backup for you. You can ignore this, but responding won't do you any harm, will it?

Also, care to explain what rule I violated?

Aloysius wrote:Ban Dodging.

Spamming.

Flaming.

Profanity.

Abuse.

Take your pick.
CivBase wrote:How did I ban dodge? I had two accounts, sure, but you deleted both and I didn't go make more so I could spam the fourms. There is nothing in the rules against having two accounts.

No spam is that thought out.

You think that's flaming? You have yet to see real flames. Besides, there wasn't a single insult in that entire post, much less flaming.

Yah, because I so posted tons of pictures to naked women.

How so?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abuse
I haven't done anything abusive.

So, tell me though, what did you think of it? Any responses?
Aloysius wrote:Threatening to start flame wars is a major reason why I have to ban you guys. Threatening to hack the forums means I have to instantly IP and permaban every new account you create. So, you can be all rage against the machine, but this is my job, and I take it very seriously. If you continue to post on these forums in the manner that you have been, you will be IP and permabanned.
CivBase wrote:You obviously didn't read the thread, did you? At the bottom in big bold letter's there was this:
Anyone who thinks I have been unfair, speak up. However, I will not tolerate any flaming of Aloysius on this thread.

When have I threatened to hack the forums? I don't even know how to do that!

I still fail to see what I have done wrong.
Just because I'm a member on The Crimson Flame doesn't mean I want to bring down the forums.
Aloysius wrote:You guys have a forum to spam and post about Boxxy and 4chan "random" threads, please keep them off of the forums. It is my job to keep the forums clean, and looking back, you "seniors" are more than 90% of the deleted posts/threads. Just because you have a high post count does not mean you can flame or spam people with low post counts.

I don't know why I have to keep explaining that. You can pretend that you want some kind of grand freedom or liberty, and post excerpts from Letters from a Birmingham Jail, all I ask is for people not to try to stir up trouble, spam or flame, and you 'seniors' don't seem to accept that you can't do it.
CivBase wrote:Most people there, including myself, have never heard of 4chan. There are only two or three who even like Boxxy, who has only managed to earn one thread that sunk within the week. Besides, what does that have to do with my ban? When have I ever posted something like that? Even when I was new to the site, I didn't post that like.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't consider myself a senior.

Give me one example of when I have done so?

Because I have never done these things! Nobody from TCF has ever since you became a mod!
Why do I have to keep telling you this?

I told people in that post not to flame and that I'm not trying to start a revolution.
If you're refuring to NT in this post, I have nothing to do with him. He came to you entirely on his own.
Aloysius wrote:Then how is there a problem? If you guys "aren't spamming and flaming" then how do I have to continually delete your posts and ban you guys?

If you follow the rules, I won't have to do any of it. You have your own site to break the rules.
CivBase wrote:When have you deleted my posts? The only other time we've had any major conflict is when you took away signatures. Other than that, I have broken no rules and have had no posts deleted. I do follow the rules, and have been very patient, unlike most other older members, until just recently, when I made that thread. And even then, I broke no rules.

I've heard that NT is giving you troubles, and you are also trying to keep up with OB and ReconToaster (possibly more), but as Recon suggested, it would be much more convenient to discuss this on Xfire or a chatbox or some other environment other than PMs, as PMs are very limiting in the discussions and population.

Just as ReconToaster said, most of us don't hate you, and those that try to flame you will quickly be dealt with. We're not interested in starting a flame was, as that gets us nowhere, but an actual discussion that can come to a reasonable agreement for both sides. We do understand your position and want to help.
Aloysius wrote:You can help by not flaming or trying to tell people that you are seniors and that they're not as good as you because you have/had a high post count. Follow the rules, and there won't be any problems.
CivBase wrote:But I haven't done any of this, and don't intend to start.
Aloysius wrote:Good!

All I want are forums that aren't full of flame wars and spam fests, and you guys don't help when you do that to "get back at noobs." So if you can convince the other seniors to stop, that'd be appreciated.
CivBase wrote:Sure. Just tell me who and I will gladly talk to them.
Aloysius wrote:Everyone who is a member at TCF.

So, here I am. Who here wants to hurt HWF for any reason?

From now on, I will not tolerate any of this nonsense. I never did like it, and it just makes us look like barbarians. We are above this.

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:22 pm

So, now no one can have 500 posts without the SS watching their every move? Okay, at first, I though he was doing his job, now he is being paranoid, and hates seniors. Combine the two and you have a banhammer slaughterfest..

Im sorry Aloysius, I do not hate you, I am just angry because you banned me.. for 152 years.

Now, from the ABG conflict, I don't remember us (Vigil, Me, TNine) flamming them. They were flamming us, we just wanted an apology. Also, the term "War", should be taken lightly Razz

Last edited by x Gauz x on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:28 pm

Ouch. I'm hurt.

I always saw this as a place to chat with the HaloWars members outside of a Halo environment. I don't think he likes us...

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:34 pm

I don't want to hurt the forums, I honestly never really had an interest in them. I only registered from Rot's MMOFPS Idea.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:01 pm

Ive never wanted to hurt the damn forums, im just a bit angry becuase he refers to everyone here as a whole and not individual members, there are some people here who dont own halowars and other people who arent even members of the halowars forums.

if he truly belives that everyone at this site wants to flame up and spam the forums he would have banned everyone weeks ago.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:24 pm

hell, I didn't even flame in any of my posts.

I clearly explained my opinion on the game.

I guess Criticism means nothing?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:25 pm

Criticism isn't a problem, so long as you didn't spam.

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Criticism is alright.

But it's poison to the weak minded....such as the HW makers.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:33 pm

did you see what I posted? he deleted it every time because I pointed out that Halowars was over-hyped mainstream fan-service to make money and falls short of the true art of a good game.

so i kept making new accounts and reposting it
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next