Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rule on HWF

+28
JumpingJet
kslidz
Vtrooper
rzgrz
squirrelboy
TNine
Kasrkin Seath
Rotaretilbo
Dud Doodoo
Archangel
RX
LH Justin
Vigil
Rasq'uire'laskar
Nocbl2
Gold Spartan
dragoon9105
Gauz
KrAzY
Toaster
Cheese
Angatar
Ascendant Justice
KristallNacht
XNate02
capn qwerty
Felix
CivBase
32 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New Rule on HWF - Page 2 Empty Re: New Rule on HWF

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:26 pm

That site SO needs to be hacked...

*hint* *hint*
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:31 pm

You have been banned from posting on the forums until 03-05-2161 6:30 PM. The reason for this ban is Ban Dodging. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:38 pm

That was short...
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:47 pm

I have been banned as well, for posting a thread. Here it is:

Aloysius, you're going to delete this thread, I know you are, but at least read it.

First off, you are way to hard on anyone that has been here longer than you have, especially TCF. Most of us don't care about post counts or anything like that, and those that do are just insecure little kids. In fact, most of the people that you think of when you talk about us don't even know what TCF is! But what really ticks me off here is that posts like at the bottom of this thread go unnoticed, even when I report them, because you're so wrapped up in knocking down seniors! http://www.halowars.com/forums/25/514664/ShowThread.aspx

CoRrUpTeD NiNjA wrote:
ID JUST LIKE TO SAY THAT MY PENIS OWNS EVER COVENANT LEADER

SPERM BLAST ALLOWS IT TO DEAL DAMAGE EQUAL TO THE DESTRUDCTION OF 10000000000 SCARABS

my roflcopter goes SOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOI

we need more good people like myself on this site Smile

And this is in your own thread!

I have been trying to get ahold of you through the PM system several times, but even when you PM me you don't seem to read my responses at all. Each large quote is a PM; I sent the first one and it is all one post, the second one has each reply in its own quote.

I too would like to extend an invitation wrote:

Well, if you're true to your word then I'm sure you have seen the thread at TCF by now. Personally, I think you've got us all wrong.

Aloysius wrote:
Organizing dozens of spam posts is not constructive.

Now, just because our discussions very and are not all about a single game or whatever does not mean it's all spam. Most of our discussions are far more constructive than the ones here, which seem to only consist of "USE THE SEARCH BAR!"

Aloysius wrote:
What exactly do you want to discuss?

I don't know what he had in mind, but I'm sure you could find something to talk about.

Aloysius wrote:
I'm not going to let you "ban all the noobs" or cause any more problems on this forum.

Funny, but none of us want to be mods on here, even the ones that used to have those kinds of privileges. In fact, if you have been going there, you would see that most members would prefer to stay as far away from here as possible.

Aloysius wrote:
I've had enough of you guys constantly flaming everyone with a post count under 1,000.

lol, you know that we don't do that. I challenge you to find one person there that thinks post count means anything. The most common message I heard from these guys when I first joined was "post count doesn't matter"

Aloysius wrote:
I'm about 2 minutes away from banning everyone who calls themselves a "senior" and wants to "bring down the forums to save it from the noobs."

I dunno, maybe I do get a little cocky sometimes, but I don't consider myself a senior. Some there do, but they have a right to, as I bet most of them have been here longer than you have even worked on anything remotely related to Halo Wars. Some of the other ones like LH and Felix... I could see where you're going on that one, but it's not like it ruins the forums.

As for the "bring down the forums" thing... yah, some of them do that occasionally, but not all of them. You know they're just sad that they spent so much time on the forums and built up so much respect just to have it all ripped away when a bunch of new people join, and of course you don't help much by treating them the same as the people that come on here and disreguard the rules.

Aloysius wrote:
Don't forget that I have an account at TCF and have been reading all those threads, and know what you guys have been planning. So if you want to continue to constructively contribute to the forums, please do so, otherwise you will find yourselves very quickly banned.

Interesting... but if you already have an account, why are you spending so much time outlining why you shouldn't join?

Please tell me, what have we been planning?

Aloysius wrote:
let me deal with the people who post 20 of the same threads, it's not your guys job to try to flame them all into submission, it is only going to get you banned.

Well, not many on TCF still come on here, and those that do usually don't flame people into submission for posting previously-asked questions. You'll find that a vast majority of the people that do that are not at TCF, yet they remain unbanned. I fail to see how you manage to blame all of the problems on us when most of us don't even come here.

Aloysius wrote:
Vigil has been trying very hard to get himself banned for about 6 months now, he finally crossed the line.

Interesting, as he was probably the highest regarded member until about the time you became a mod less than 3 months ago and took away signatures. Even then he restrained from flaming. I think you're just making excuses to ban people who don't like what you've done, but why would I think otherwise when you never explain your actions? This is one of the reasons I think gruntmaster wanted you to join at TCF, so you wouldn't just look like a bad guy.

gruntmaster wrote:
6 months? would you mind referencing?

I would also like to see this...

So yah, feel free to join at TCF. If you are confident that you have done what was right, then I'm sure you would have no problem explaining yourself. While some of us have hard feelings towards you, we're not barbaric and will still hear you out.

Here's the link, but I'm pretty sure you already have it: |||||||||||| (I'm not going to put it on here)

I'm not sure if you will respond, but as I said, I will gladly hear you out.

I have yet to get a reply on this

Tell Everyone To Stop Making Spam Threads wrote:

Aloysius wrote:
Look, I've tried to be civil and nice and give you guys some leeway, but it's not working.

Having everyone post endless spam threads about how many posts they have, and how you're better than "noobs" with less than 1,000 posts isn't going to go over well at all.

You guys don't get any special privileges because you spammed 50 different "add 1 to this number" threads. You're not "helping the forums" by flaming people who accidentally double post, or who have never played an RTS before. You have your own forum to make fun of people, please do it there.

CivBase wrote:
Hmm....

I'd love to see some examples of where I have done any of the above.

You know, people wouldn't hate you if you just did what old mods did, make a post in the thread about why the thread is locked and why you banned anyone who was banned, then lock the thread instead of deleting it. You can always go back and delete old, locked posts whenever you want.

People here don't want civil and nice, they want respect and explanations.

Aloysius wrote:
I can't leave a thread open where OB is flaming some guy who misspelled a word, or Ukurse is getting around our profanity filter.

Unfortunately, you guys don't seem to understand that just because you have a few hundred more posts than new users that you don't get to run the forums.

Since you guys claim that you're better than all other new posters, I'm going to use a zero tolerance policy on anyone with more than 500 posts or who claims to be a senior.

You get an IP ban at the first instance of flaming or spamming or doing anything contrary to the rules and policies that you agree to by posting on this site.

If you're so much better than other posters, act like it and there won't be any problems.

CivBase wrote:
While I think this is a little overboard, I suppose there isn't really anything wrong with it. If you think it's so important, than so be it.

It seems as though you completely disreguarded my response. Not to mention your second post was the exact same thing you said to Offensive Bias in another PM.

Next up is one of your new rules:

Aloysius wrote:
1) Try not to use any over the top internet slang. This means do not call anyone a noob, a nub, or use any sort of 4chan terminology (FTW, anything about boxxy, or any sort of the word "fail" combined with "epic"). I will be deleting posts that involve calling anyone a noob for the time being, and if you continue to use it, you will be temporarily banned.

So we are no longer allowed to say epic fail, for the win, or n00b? Are you kidding me? These are phrases as common on the internet as "the" word the is in the English language! Now you're going to ban anyone that says them?!

And your newest rule, as seen in one of the PMs above.

Aloysius wrote:
I can't leave a thread open where OB is flaming some guy who misspelled a word, or Ukurse is getting around our profanity filter.

Unfortunately, you guys don't seem to understand that just because you have a few hundred more posts than new users that you don't get to run the forums.

Since you guys claim that you're better than all other new posters, I'm going to use a zero tolerance policy on anyone with more than 500 posts or who claims to be a senior.

You get an IP ban at the first instance of flaming or spamming or doing anything contrary to the rules and policies that you agree to by posting on this site.

If you're so much better than other posters, act like it and there won't be any problems.

Once again, the 'seniors' that care about post count are just insecure little kids. So now anyone that has over 500 posts is now subject to stricter rules than people that come on here just to make one post and leave? What about the ones like KrAzY that have done absolutely nothing that wasn't constructive, much less destructive? So he's subject to harsher treatment simply because he's been here longer and has done more for people?

What really kills me is this undermines your whole idea. You want equality between people that have been here longer and people that are brand new, but in trying to do this you are instead giving new people more power. How can you possibly expect anything constructive to be accomplished this way? It's like Communism, despite its good intentions, the only way for it to actually work - for total equality to be achieved - is to bring the people at the top to the bottom.

And then there's the signatures and HTML editor. The one time in three years that someone takes advantage of these, you decide to go all out and get rid of them, along with almost all BB code? All it was was a single thread that takes you to a youtube video, and you already banned the users not only from the site, but from Xbox Live as well. Wasn't that enough? No, you had to get rid of signatures as well. After constant protesting, the only thing you felt obligated to do was ban LH and myself when neither of us were remotely harmful to the site. Then, dispite your promises of giving us signatures back, all we got were text-only signatures.

But did it stop there? No. After that, images were completely removed, as well as links and the HTML editor. So now, any time you copy something from Word to here, you get this garbled up mess that nobody can read, even with the 'paste from word' function. Plus we cannot post images, links, tables, different fonts/colors/sizes, or anything of the sort. I know there were other ways to fix this, but you decided to turn the site into bungie.net.

Aloysius, I have offered to hear you out time and time again, but all I got was the cold shoulder. I'm not here to start a revolution. I love this forum and I enjoy being here, but this unjust desecration of our rights must stop.

Anyone who thinks I have been unfair, speak up. However, I will not tolerate any flaming of Aloysius on this thread.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:52 pm

KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:10 pm

You have been banned from posting on the forums until 03-05-2161 7:08 PM. The reason for this ban is Ban Dodging. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:11 pm

What would Ban dodging qualify as?

multiple accounts?
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:13 pm

Being banned and coming back.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:14 pm

Angatar wrote:Being banned and coming back.

thanks for the explaination man
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Funny, because I didn't make a new account until after that, and I have told him in PM that I will not post on the forums with that account, a promise I intend to keep.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:18 pm

2161 Razz

A bit harsh. Surely?

Whenever I read one of these threads I'm always tempted to say hello to Aloysius... So I will.

Hello!

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:20 pm

Why blame me Civ?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:24 pm

You have been banned from posting on the forums until 03-05-2161 7:23 PM. The reason for this ban is Ban Dodging. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:31 pm

You have been banned from posting on the forums until 03-05-2161 7:30 PM. The reason for this ban is Other. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:32 pm

I think this is a new record...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Felix wrote:Why blame me Civ?
Where did I blame you?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:40 pm

CivBase wrote:

I dunno, maybe I do get a little cocky sometimes, but I don't consider myself a senior. Some there do, but they have a right to, as I bet most of them have been here longer than you have even worked on anything remotely related to Halo Wars. Some of the other ones like LH and Felix... I could see where you're going on that one, but it's not like it ruins the forums.

Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:45 pm

Well... erm.... cookies?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm talking to him right now in a PM. Here it is so far...

ReconToaster wrote: Please understand that being a "senior member" is not a representation of your post count. There are plenty of people around with astronomically higher post counts than me (my original profile was lost in the conversion to windows live accounts,) and they are not seniors. You seem to be drawing more emphasis on post count than any of us.

Aloysius, I do not hate you. Rasq does not hate you. Civ does not hate you. Rot does not hate you. There are some people on Crimson Flame who are over-reacting, yes, but for the most part, we are a reasonable group of people.

Could you please take the time to speak with us, or at least talk to me on Xfire? Communication is key, and ignoring us and issuing a "zero tolerance" policy is not the way to go.

Aloysius wrote:What would you like to discuss? I simply won't allow members to spam and flame because they have a high post count.

That's it. You won't convince me to allow it.

ReconToaster wrote:could you stop the misrepresentation of Senior memebers? Post count is irrelevant. As I said, my old account has less than 2,000 posts. I've seen members who joined in 2008 with MUCH larger post counts.

Please, stop using us as a scapegoat for all the problems on these message boards. The majority of us have not even posted on HWF for a long time. I left back in 2008. Just show us a bit of respect.

Is it really impossible for you to show your face on TCF, and post in an environment where you are not empowered by mod powers? Trust me, people who flame you will be flamed in turn by Civ, Rot, Rasq, Krazy, LP, and myself.

Aloysius wrote:I'm not saying all posters with high counts are problems, there are plenty of non-problem high post count users. It's the people who call themselves "seniors" and try to tell people what to do.

It's that you guys are using it as your reasons to spam and flame new posters. I don't feel the need to go to other forums to flame people, but apparently you guys do, so I'll just keep banning and deleting you guys posts till you stop doing it or go away all together.

ReconToaster wrote:Again, you are misrepresenting us. Most of the senior members left a long time ago. Who is it exactly that you are complaining about? I can tell you whether they are "seniors."

Go to other forums to flame people? The few of us who still hang around on HWF don't "go" here, we started here. We were here long before the vast majority of the current "community," and long before you showed up. Forgive them for wanting to perserve the former greatness of these boards.

Is paragon still around?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:50 pm

CivBase wrote:Well... erm.... cookies?

Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:51 pm

Hmph. I just wrote him a massive PM, hes looked at it, and has chosen not to respond.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:56 pm

it seems that he doesn't actually read PM's... as he nearly always responds with the exact same generic response of

"you guys suck for having big post counts and flaming new members"

nearly every person I ever "flamed" on HWF is now a good friend of mine... and I personally never "flamed" anyone because of their post count.... and I've certainly never thought I was better due to my post count (which is slightly over 3000)

I've personally never done anything destructive twoard HWF... and yet I am being grouped with people who do want to do harm...

that is not fair
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:01 pm

KrAzY wrote:it seems that he doesn't actually read PM's... as he nearly always responds with the exact same generic response of

"you guys suck for having big post counts and flaming new members"

^^^This. There has to be some way of taking him down...for good.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:04 pm

its posts like that that aren;y helping the problem

you aren't going to "take him down" unless you mean contacting his bosses.... good luck with that seeing as how HE controls ROBOT entertainment's e-mail

if your not gonna help this by being constructive then please just stay out of it.... i'm gonna start deleting posts about "taking down Alyosius" and stuff like that.... we want to come to a reasonable agreement...
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:09 pm

I agree with that, Krazy.

But what exactly is the goal here? What is the agreement going to be? Is it that you want your accounts back, or just not to be treated differently? Because from what he's said, it looks like so long as you don't flame on HWF you should be fine.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next