New Rule on HWF

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New Rule on HWF - Page 6 Empty Re: New Rule on HWF

Post by capn qwerty on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Lets see how he responds (bet he doesn't read the whole thing).
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:16 pm

Can't wait for the response.
BTW, here was his reply to my post:
T92 wrote:

I was hoping that would help you actually try to listen to me, rather than ignore me and posting the same thing to all seniors, which hardly ever fits into context.

I just want you to read this, and understand what we do. I'm not saying you need to let us get away with more, or even unban the members you have banned (but, seriously, give me either my account or a reason i can't have my account that's actually true), but i just want you to understand one thing, and one thing only:

I, and all Seniors, are members that care about the state of the forums, and want, in the upmost extent, the forums to be a welcoming and enjoyable community. We share the same common goal, and you shouldn't pit yourself against us, even if you disagree with some of the ways we do things. You can tell us to stop doing things, you can give us guidance, but don't ban us, or try to pit yourself against friends.

This is pretty much all. I would say that i am going to leave now, but you won't read this, so i'm going to continue bothering you until you do.

Aloysius wrote:I'm not sure what else you want from me, so the discussion is pretty much over.

T92 wrote:

Aloysius wrote:I'm not sure what else you want from me, so the discussion is pretty much over.

I want you to read.

More importantly, i want you to understand.

TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:22 pm

capn qwerty wrote:Lets see how he responds (bet he doesn't read the whole thing).

He'll either respond with his typical response to anyone from TCF, or he'll just ban Rot.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:25 pm

Rot, can you take a screen pic of that?
I want to post it on failblog.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:27 pm

TNine wrote:Rot, can you take a screen pic of that?

I love that site. What else have you posted on there?
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Hold the phone, i am not speaking with Aloy... at all... why would i even try, Rot i belive your thinking of someone else Whatever

please leave me out of this
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:41 pm

He now has an auto response... i talked to him, and he gave me nothing...really. Whatever
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:16 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
TNine wrote:Rot, can you take a screen pic of that?

I love that site. What else have you posted on there?
Nothing, but i want to send a pic of my recent Social Studies grade on a pop quiz.

-63 out of 20. No joke.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:18 pm

Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:36 pm

*stands ready waiting, should the Great Rotaretilbo be unsucessful*

Archangel
Archangel
Most Holy Angel of the Flame

Male Number of posts : 574

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:55 pm

Blast...you're right. I was thinking of TNine.

Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:05 pm

i want to murder alyfag
he banned me for making fun of someone for making fun of someone for spamming

apparently alyfag is too dense to recognize irony
or even real harmful spam cause the other guy got away clean

does anyone here know anyone from 4chan that can get them to target him

cause he is a bitch

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:05 pm

Aloysius wrote:I obviously am not a program that gives automated responses. You say that seniors never flame or spam or do anything contrary to the rules, and when I delete your posts that do cross that line, you claim it's unfair.

As long as you, and other seniors follow the rules, there won't be any problems. That is all I hope for.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Aloysius wrote:I obviously am not a program that gives automated responses.

That still doesn't explain how you somehow got the notion that I needed help with the search bar from a post in which the only mention of the search bar was an elaborate explanation of the use of advanced search.

Aloysius wrote:You say that seniors never flame or spam or do anything contrary to the rules

You see, rather than accepting my challenge, you have defaulted to your old argument. But, as TNine (you'll forgive my lapse in memory, when I previously mentioned dragoon, I meant TNine; I get those two mixed up) pointed out, a true senior doesn't flame or spam. There are a lot of self-proclaimed "seniors" that aren't actually seniors, but like to think that they are, and what is unfair is you venting on all of the seniors because some of the self-proclaimed "seniors" act out of line.

Aloysius wrote:and when I delete your posts that do cross that line, you claim it's unfair.

That's probably because standard proceedure for threads that got out of line has always been to warn and then lock the thread. Deletion of posts was almost never used, reserved only for things such as extremely crude or offensive material, excessive swearing that had gotten past the filter, or posting inappropriate material (such as that hentai spammer back in the day). The sudden shift in proceedure from threaten and them possibly lock to delete, is what makes many feel that the deletion of posts that you deem have crossed some line that is not well enough defined for all of us to follow and is based solely on the judgment of one person rather than three or more is what many feel is unfair.

Aloysius wrote:As long as you, and other seniors follow the rules, there won't be any problems. That is all I hope for.

From what I can tell, many of these instances of "seniors" "flaming" are instances in which someone breaks a rule, such as posting more than one thread for the same clan, and you take no action against it, so the community does instead. If you're going to enforce the rules, enforce them on everyone, not just those with higher post counts.

Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
From what I can tell, many of these instances of "seniors" "flaming" are instances in which someone breaks a rule, such as posting more than one thread for the same clan, and you take no action against it, so the community does instead. If you're going to enforce the rules, enforce them on everyone, not just those with higher post counts.

I heavily agree with this statement. If he isnt going to do his job properly, then we'll do it for him. And when he DOES do his job, over 50% of the time hes singling out all the "seniors" and taking special note of their posts where as one of the noobs may have a post that says something like "fuk u douchebag" or something, and it will go unnoticed.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:44 pm

Someone needs to contact the webmaster. Aloy is being extremly biased at this point.

Edit:I attempted contact with Aloy, he blew me off. Apparently he would pay attention to a pm that doesnt involve older members and/or seniors.

Last edited by Gold Spartan5 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:45 pm

Self proclaimed seniors.... *looks around at half the people on this site*

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Someone needs to contact the webmaster. Aloy is being extremly biased at this point.
I've tried, but that e-mail has long since been abandoned.

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:46 pm

RougeSpartan414 wrote:
Hello, Aloysius

Sorry to bother you, but why exactly do you hate the 'seniors'? We do not flame people, much less for post count. If you don't think post count matters, why do you ban us for having high post counts? So what if I spent a year of my life on this site, it doesn't matter.

You also accuse us of wanting special priveledges. Where are you getting this information? We are normal members that have gained respect. I do not understand how if I gain respect, that makes me evil.

We were all 'noobs' once, we will all be again. It is the cycle of the internet, noob-newb-member-[insert respected name here (senior, veteran, etc.)]. We want people to advance, and typing like "5HUT UP N00B!!!!!111 UR STUPID ADN NO 1 LUVS U!!!!!!!111" isn't very productive, so we do not do that (I don't know how to flame well, so just insert the worst flame there).

I am sorry to bother you, but I don't think you really understand, so if you want to say what you said to everyone else, go ahead. However, I would like you to tell me exactly what you think a 'senior member' is.

Angatar

Aloysius wrote:I don't have a problem with posters who have a high post count. I have a problem with the people who call themselves "seniors" and who use that title to flame people and pretend they run the forums. I had to delete so many posts by "seniors" because they thought they ran the forums and because they had 2000 posts in 4 days that they could DEMAND things, so they would spam and spam and flame and spam.

I don't have any problem with people who have a high post count, I have a people who act like they have a chip on their shoulder because they post a lot.

RougeSpartan414 wrote:
Can you give me names, please? I can't think of any "senior" who has done that since you have been a moderator. I know a few of us have done things like that in the past (2007 or so), but we have grown more mature.

Aloysius wrote:I'm not going to name names, but everyone who I've banned has PM'd me later and said "I know I deserved that but can you unban me, I promise not to do it again!!!?!?!"Pretty much everyone who calls themselves a "senior" and posts on TCF has done it. You're all pretending it's for the "good of the forums." But it's not, and I know it, and you know it. You just want a special little badge so you can get away with flaming noobs and acting like you're better than the other members. I don't buy it, so you don't get it.

RougeSpartan414 wrote:
Please don't speak bad about us without proof. Show me where you are getting your information, a post or a thread, that says that. I am trying to be nice.

We don't want you to hate us, and we don't want to hate you.

Aloysius wrote:How about the multiple threads on TCF where you threaten to "hack the forums to ban all the noobs", hack the forums in general, invade, spam pictures, etc? You openly talk about it thinking I don't have an account there.

You guys have no credibility when you have your forum saying you're going to spam and flame and try to hack the servers. I know some of them have been deleted, but still, I read them in the first place, anyone posting there is automatically suspicious to me and I have zero tolerance when you post on one forum that you want to bring HWF down, and then come here and try starting a fight.

RougeSpartan414 wrote:
Hacking the forum? None of us ever did that, or planned to. I remember one post saying something like that, but it was a joke. No one really wants to do that.

This post, right?

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f7/new-rule-on-hwf-t1290-15.htm

Did you really think teenagers would do that over an internet forum about a game?

Spam, maybe. I can see a few members doing that.

I also said I am trying to be nice. If you want this to be a fight, then I'll stop right here, as there is no hope.

P.S. All members of the Crimson Flame that have not posted have been deleted by Pheonix.

Aloysius wrote:I obviously do not want a fight, but several of you "seniors" seem to want to start one ever since Signatures went away and take every chance to flame, spam and do everything else to draw attention to how unhappy you are. I get it. But sigs aren't coming back. I didn't want to take them away, but there was no way to keep picture sigs without a huge security hole.

I'm not sure what you guys want, but you're not going to get it by spamming and flaming your way there.

Aloysius wrote:Most of the major troublemakers have contacted me themselves over the past couple days, or I have had to IP ban them in a couple cases. So it's pretty much working itself out.

RougeSpartan414 wrote:
NinjaTheroy has come back after being IP banned. I'm sure if the member wanted to hurt the site that much they would do the same thing.

That's it. I doubt he will respond again, as it has been 24 hours.

I can't talk. I can't show emotion, I might as well be the robot, so don't annoy me. Sad
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:53 pm

Civ wrote:Self proclaimed seniors.... *looks around at half the people on this site*

No. Self proclaimed as in people who came on in 2008 and claim to be seniors. Rot, UNSC, NT, and myself all got on in mid-late 2006. Dud and Rasq showed up in early 2007 I think. Skita1 was the greatest though. He still on BLS? I miss that guy...

Civ wrote:I've tried, but that e-mail has long since been abandoned.

Hehe... we might have crashed that email...
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:54 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Civ wrote:Self proclaimed seniors.... *looks around at half the people on this site*

No. Self proclaimed as in people who came on in 2008 and claim to be seniors. Rot, UNSC, NT, and myself all got on in mid-late 2006. Dud and Rasq showed up in early 2007 I think. Skita1 was the greatest though. He still on BLS? I miss that guy...
Those aren't who I was talking about.

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:55 pm

Rasq' came in July 2007. I came in June. I came, saw the smilies for like 2 days, then they were gone. Sad
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:57 pm

CivBase wrote:Self proclaimed seniors.... *looks around at half the people on this site*
I am offended. when have I proclaimed myself a senior? :suspect: Not once have I said that!
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:59 pm

CivBase wrote:Self proclaimed seniors.... *looks around at half the people on this site*

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Someone needs to contact the webmaster. Aloy is being extremly biased at this point.
I've tried, but that e-mail has long since been abandoned.

*looks at Civ* cyclops jk(maybe...)

maybe it's because you guys e-mail him every second...
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:06 pm

hmmm.... guess I'll post the full PM thread I had with Aloysius...

RT wrote:Please understand that being a "senior member" is not a representation of your post count. There are plenty of people around with astronomically higher post counts than me (my original profile was lost in the conversion to windows live accounts,) and they are not seniors. You seem to be drawing more emphasis on post count than any of us.

Aloysius, I do not hate you. Rasq does not hate you. Civ does not hate you. Rot does not hate you. There are some people on Crimson Flame who are over-reacting, yes, but for the most part, we are a reasonable group of people.

Could you please take the time to speak with us, or at least talk to me on Xfire? Communication is key, and ignoring us and issuing a "zero tolerance" policy is not the way to go.

Aloysius wrote:What would you like to discuss? I simply won't allow members to spam and flame because they have a high post count.

That's it. You won't convince me to allow it.

RT wrote:could you stop the misrepresentation of Senior memebers? Post count is irrelevant. As I said, my old account has less than 2,000 posts. I've seen members who joined in 2008 with MUCH larger post counts.

Please, stop using us as a scapegoat for all the problems on these message boards. The majority of us have not even posted on HWF for a long time. I left back in 2008. Just show us a bit of respect.

Is it really impossible for you to show your face on TCF, and post in an environment where you are not empowered by mod powers? Trust me, people who flame you will be flamed in turn by Civ, Rot, Rasq, Krazy, LP, and myself.

Aloysius wrote:I'm not saying all posters with high counts are problems, there are plenty of non-problem high post count users. It's the people who call themselves "seniors" and try to tell people what to do.

It's that you guys are using it as your reasons to spam and flame new posters. I don't feel the need to go to other forums to flame people, but apparently you guys do, so I'll just keep banning and deleting you guys posts till you stop doing it or go away all together.

RT wrote:Again, you are misrepresenting us. Most of the senior members left a long time ago. Who is it exactly that you are complaining about? I can tell you whether they are "seniors."

Go to other forums to flame people? The few of us who still hang around on HWF don't "go" here, we started here. We were here long before the vast majority of the current "community," and long before you showed up. Forgive them for wanting to perserve the former greatness of these boards.

Is paragon still around?

Aloysius wrote:If I'm misrepresentating "seniors", then how did this get started in the first place? I had to delete threads and ban "seniors" for spamming and flaming, then you guys got mad that I wasn't letting you get away with that behavior. That's how it got started, and I'm not going to give in just because you guys want to come back and keep acting like it.

RT wrote:once more, could you give me some names of specific members that you think are a problem?

That's not how this started. This whole situation began when some noob (that's right, I said it) came on and posted a youtube link in his sig. You then took away the ability to post images in your sig. People, mostly seniors, complained about your methods, and so you banned them. Then other seniors popped up and got mad that you banned their friends for a stupid reason.

It seems that you designate complaining about your immature moderation techniques as "spam," when in reality, it is very relevant to the state of these forums.

Aloysius wrote:We had plans to remove signatures and URL hyperlinking at launch, since we knew we would have a large influx of users and wanted to minimize exposure. We explained this, and several "seniors" took it upon themselves to flame, and spam the forums and would not stop after being warned, so we did the next logical thing and banned them for a few days, then they came back and did it again, so it became permanent.

That's how it began.

If you guys want to keep spamming and flaming, I will continue to ban your accounts and delete your threads. I don't understand why you guys want my "permission" to keep doing that.

RT wrote:*Cough* specific names? *cough*

We don't want your permission to spam, we want you to stop openly disrespecting us for disagreeing with the way you operate these forums. Who spammed? The most any of us did was make a single thread about how we wanted sig images back. You locked/deleted those threads, with no explanation, and thus the situation escalated.

Aloysius wrote: As long as you guys don't create spam threads, flame bait, flame users, or try to pretend like you run the forums because you have a high post count, there isn't a problem.

RT wrote:Well then I guess there never was.

Aloysius wrote:Guess not.

It's becoming more and more apparent that the actual problem is some sort of an identification issue; a misunderstanding.

Aloysius seems to have fallen under the false assumption that all those self proclaimed "seniors" who joined in 2008, and don't even know what TCF is, are indeed seniors.

I just wish he would make the distinction in his posts and PMs.

Felix wrote:maybe it's because you guys e-mail him every second...

Not Aloysius' PM, the webmaster Email. Seriously, we crashed it back in 2008.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:15 pm

I left out one of my PMs as it was a double post, I thought it was a copy but it wasn't.

RougeSpartan414 wrote:
Can you give me names, please? And if possible, a link to a post (if it one is still around)?

I think I am begining to understand now. You don't like people with huge egos and 0 patientence with new people, right?

Sorry for the double post, the thing said that an error occured.

He never responded to the middle, so I'm not sure if it's correct or not.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:39 pm

When you ask for names, he doesnt reply. Aloy, if you are out there, [b][i][u]PLEASE explain why you banned some good people. I try and help new persons on the forums, so I see why you havent banned me. But please, PM me or something, tell me why you see that we are flaming and spamming. I quote 'flamed' some dude once, it wasn't even a flame. I just told him "Use the search bar, next time dude. And if you need help with the Scarab..."so, please tell me, and use names, on WHY you banned and deleted?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next