New Rule on HWF

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New Rule on HWF - Page 5 Empty Re: New Rule on HWF

Post by Ascendant Justice on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Hes a broken record. And Im beginning to wonder if he is a machine with a set number of responses created by paragon to mess with us one last time....*ponders thought*

Anyways, stop trying to reason with this.....person. All he responds with is:

"You dont have any special privileges just cause you were here longer and flaming newbs will be dealt with harshly"

and

"Having a higher post count doesnt give you the right to flame people or give you special privileges"

Stop trying. Automatro- ...erm...people...like him simply cannot understand reason.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

I am talking to him now. I will post it later (tommorow or whenever it ends).
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:35 pm

And hes probably using the SAME excuses as always right?
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:06 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:You may not remember me (we had a very brief encounter while you were banning signatures), but I'm one of the members at TCF. I don't post here as often as I used to, but I've been hearing a lot about the...changes that have been made. Primarily, I've been hearing a lot about seniors and how evil they are supposedly. Now, while I've never really considered myself a senior, I have been here for quite a while, and a lot of other people do consider me a senior, so I figured I'd give you a little challenge.

Now, the challenge is to find at least four posts by me in which I flame or insult another user.

As many consider me to be a senior, then by your definition of seniors, that should be an easy task to do. All you have to do is run an advanced search with me as the author and you'll have all of my posts right there. Well, not all of them. At least half of my posts were in threads in the Game Suggestions section, which was deleted, or in my MMOFPS Idea thread, which was deleted upon my request. As a mod, you may still be able to view those (I actually have every post from the MMOFPS Idea thread in .doc format, if you'd like to look through there), but otherwise, I was still very active in the Halo Verse section for a time, so you have plenty to work with.

Anyway, I hope this message finds you well, and perhaps, when you finish your search and have only come up with maybe one post, perhaps changes your sweeping generalization of the seniors. Hey, maybe you'll even read TNine's entire PM next time.

Regards

We'll see how this goes. I wanted to keep it short, but I couldn't help it. I'm terrible at summarizing. The question is, will he read the whole thing? I don't accuse him of anything or even actively support seniors in the first few sentences, so perhaps he'll read more? Anyway, I'll let you guys know when he responds.

Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rzgrz on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:29 am

only if i could get on their.... i could pull off some random logic and put him away for good.... looks to me like you just need to rephrase some thing you say. and go on the offensive with what some of them say.

can anyone convince him of taking off that stupid microsoft loggin?
rzgrz
rzgrz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:22 am

[quote user="TNine"]
I was hoping that would help you actually try to listen to me, rather than ignore me and posting the same thing to all seniors, which hardly ever fits into context.

I just want you to read this, and understand what we do. I'm not saying you need to let us get away with more, or even unban the members you have banned (but, seriously, give me either my account or a reason i can't have my account that's actually true), but i just want you to understand one thing, and one thing only:

I, and all Seniors, are members that care about the state of the forums, and want, in the upmost extent, the forums to be a welcoming and enjoyable community. We share the same common goal, and you shouldn't pit yourself against us, even if you disagree with some of the ways we do things. You can tell us to stop doing things, you can give us guidance, but don't ban us, or try to pit yourself against friends.

This is pretty much all. I would say that i am going to leave now, but you won't read this, so i'm going to continue bothering you until you do.

[/quote]
New post, i asked how to contact ES in the posts before.
Dammit!
I think it's just my computer.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:09 am

At least we wont have to worry about him reading our posts here if he wont even read them there.

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:10 am

lol

i also don't think he is aware of the difference between noob and newb.....

if you consider them the same thing a lot of TNines message about the subject makes no sense.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rzgrz on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:08 am

let me get this strait.... has anyone noticed the diferetial in what his rules are and how much he bends them?
Note: please correct me if i am wrong.

1) he said "Seniors are not aloud to flame the noobs" so he is agreeing with the fact that there are noobs on the forums?

2)acording to the previous quote, even if noobs are trying their hardest to flame us or other members. they do not get banned. "only those who have a limit of 500+ and consider themselfs seniors get banned"

WTF is he changing rules also he contradicts the so called "No Tolerance" rule. "no one gets special privelages"......???? they why is he not banning noobs for flaming and spamming. after all spamming is against the rules and flameing is tooo...
rzgrz
rzgrz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:25 pm

TNine wrote:
I was hoping that would help you actually try to listen to me, rather than ignore me and posting the same thing to all seniors, which hardly ever fits into context.

I just want you to read this, and understand what we do. I'm not saying you need to let us get away with more, or even unban the members you have banned (but, seriously, give me either my account or a reason i can't have my account that's actually true), but i just want you to understand one thing, and one thing only:

I, and all Seniors, are members that care about the state of the forums, and want, in the upmost extent, the forums to be a welcoming and enjoyable community. We share the same common goal, and you shouldn't pit yourself against us, even if you disagree with some of the ways we do things. You can tell us to stop doing things, you can give us guidance, but don't ban us, or try to pit yourself against friends.

This is pretty much all. I would say that i am going to leave now, but you won't read this, so i'm going to continue bothering you until you do.

New post, i asked how to contact ES in the posts before.
Dammit!
I think it's just my computer.

Again, use the code [quote="name"*] [/quote*] without the *.

[quote user="name"*] [/quote*] does not work here.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:56 pm

Hold on a minute. No Tolerance...anyone notice anything about that?
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:08 pm

You mean besides the fact that he doesnt tolerate "seniors"? Other than that I dont know.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:09 pm

I think we should just let it go...

c'mon. are we really going to let a forum control us like this?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Yes, we are. Smile
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Uh lemme think....YEAH.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Felix wrote:I think we should just let it go...

c'mon. are we really going to let a forum control us like this?

theres a reson why i dont care but we dont flame people for misspelling now dont we @_@
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:34 pm

No Tolerance. Look at what those words start with.
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:35 pm

capn qwerty wrote:No Tolerance. Look at what those words start with.

yes i see im gessing he thinks were all NT
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:55 pm

Oh god....
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:06 pm

Aloysius wrote:To use the search box, you can type in the white box at the top of the forums (on the right hand side) and hit enter or press the search button.

Good luck!

So...erm...I don't think he read my post at all...

Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Which one?
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:30 pm

This one:

Rotaretilbo wrote:You may not remember me (we had a very brief encounter while you were banning signatures), but I'm one of the members at TCF. I don't post here as often as I used to, but I've been hearing a lot about the...changes that have been made. Primarily, I've been hearing a lot about seniors and how evil they are supposedly. Now, while I've never really considered myself a senior, I have been here for quite a while, and a lot of other people do consider me a senior, so I figured I'd give you a little challenge.

Now, the challenge is to find at least four posts by me in which I flame or insult another user.

As many consider me to be a senior, then by your definition of seniors, that should be an easy task to do. All you have to do is run an advanced search with me as the author and you'll have all of my posts right there. Well, not all of them. At least half of my posts were in threads in the Game Suggestions section, which was deleted, or in my MMOFPS Idea thread, which was deleted upon my request. As a mod, you may still be able to view those (I actually have every post from the MMOFPS Idea thread in .doc format, if you'd like to look through there), but otherwise, I was still very active in the Halo Verse section for a time, so you have plenty to work with.

Anyway, I hope this message finds you well, and perhaps, when you finish your search and have only come up with maybe one post, perhaps changes your sweeping generalization of the seniors. Hey, maybe you'll even read TNine's entire PM next time.

Regards

Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:51 pm

wait... what???!?!

Alyosius's response was invalid in more ways than I wish to state
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Regards

Aloysius wrote:To use the search box, you can type in the white box at the top of the forums (on the right hand side) and hit enter or press the search button.

Good luck!

Rotaretilbo wrote:...did you even read my post?

Aloysius wrote:Yes, and from what I can tell you wish to find posts that you have written in the past, so I gave instructions on how to do so.

Rotaretilbo wrote:No. No you didn't. Now, in the event that I am not talking to a message automater that scans messages for keywords and generates automatic responses (like EA customer support), I will analyze my message to aid you in discerning it's actual intent.

Rotaretilbo wrote:You may not remember me (we had a very brief encounter while you were banning signatures), but I'm one of the members at TCF.

We begin with a brief introduction. I inform you of who I am, and more importantly, identify myself as being from The Crimson Flame, which should immediately clue you in that I likely don't hold you in the highest regard and am likely one of those seniors that flames all the n00bs and whatnot. The reason I used this introduction was the contrast such assumptions against the actual content of the PM.

Rotaretilbo wrote:I don't post here as often as I used to, but I've been hearing a lot about the...changes that have been made. Primarily, I've been hearing a lot about seniors and how evil they are supposedly. Now, while I've never really considered myself a senior, I have been here for quite a while, and a lot of other people do consider me a senior, so I figured I'd give you a little challenge.

Most notably, you've been having a lot of bouts with some of the seniors and some of the self-proclaimed "seniors", in which you finally decided that anyone using the term n00b, epic and fail in the same sentence, or flaming will be banned on first offense without warning if their post count is over 500. Further, I've been reading some exchanges you and some of the other TCFers have been having, namely dragoon9105's. I figured since he couldn't convince you, I would simply offer evidence of his claim.

Rotaretilbo wrote:Now, the challenge is to find at least four posts by me in which I flame or insult another user.

Basically, I am challenging you to find evidence that I, one of the people regarded to be a senior, has ever flamed or used petty insults on this forum. I know the contents of my posts, which is why I have issued such a challenge. I may have blown my top once and flamed, but I am pretty much certain that you won't find two posts of me flaming, let alone four.

Rotaretilbo wrote:As many consider me to be a senior, then by your definition of seniors, that should be an easy task to do.

I'll admit that I do use a bit of a mocking tone here, but with good cause. You have used sweeping generalizations on a group of people, and I am simply proving that it is not the case. I think I'm allowed to mock just a little bit.

Rotaretilbo wrote:All you have to do is run an advanced search with me as the author and you'll have all of my posts right there.

Here's the ironic part about your response. I explain to you exactly how to use the search bar to specifically find all of my posts. Why, then, would I need help using the search bar?

Rotaretilbo wrote:Well, not all of them. At least half of my posts were in threads in the Game Suggestions section, which was deleted, or in my MMOFPS Idea thread, which was deleted upon my request. As a mod, you may still be able to view those (I actually have every post from the MMOFPS Idea thread in .doc format, if you'd like to look through there), but otherwise, I was still very active in the Halo Verse section for a time, so you have plenty to work with.

I felt that it was a bit unfair that many of my posts were deleted for one reason or another. I don't know if admin can view deleted posts, but I figured I'd let you in on this, so that if you can, then you can view all of my posts. And, if you can't, I can still provide all of my posts that weren't in the Game Suggestions section if you want to see them. I just want to make sure that you are satisfied in your search for evidence that I have ever flamed anyone.

Rotaretilbo wrote:Anyway, I hope this message finds you well, and perhaps, when you finish your search and have only come up with maybe one post, perhaps changes your sweeping generalization of the seniors.

I restate the purpose of my PM. I am trying to change your opinion of seniors by using myself as an example of one that does not flame.

Rotaretilbo wrote:Hey, maybe you'll even read TNine's entire PM next time.

At the enf of the first paragraph of his first PM to you, it read "If you read my entire post, start your next post with "12345", cause i don't believe you will". You did not start your next post with 12345.

Rotaretilbo wrote:Regards

And so, as you can see, no where in my post do I ask you how to use the search bar. I challenge you to edify yourself by looking through my posts to see that real seniors do not flame, and that you should thus take your fight up against the flamers and the spammers, and not campaign against the seniors simply because some associate with flamers.

Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:09 pm

^ Lmao! Aloysius just got owned in a respectful manner.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next