Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can call it a 'graphic novel...'

+4
KristallNacht
PiEdude
KrAzY
Rasq'uire'laskar
8 posters

Go down

You can call it a 'graphic novel...' Empty You can call it a 'graphic novel...'

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:09 am

Attention: That weird little ability of mine to find strange bits of info on the internet (Red Bull has something to do with it, I'm positive) has detected two new Halo comics on the horizon. Both are being produced by Marvel.

Spartan Black:
"Spartan Black is also a pre "Halo: Combat Evolved" story, focused on a small Black Ops sabotage and intelligence fireteam of Spartans assigned to the ONI, the Office of Naval Intelligence. While on a top-secret mission in enemy space, their ship crashes on a remote moon along with a Covenant cruiser. When a mysterious entity that has lurked on the moon for millions of years threatens both groups, Spartans and Covenant have to forge an uneasy alliance to take down the common threat ... but not all humans and aliens can suddenly start treating the other like allies..."

Note that it says "MILLIONS" of years, not thousands. I don't think we'll run into the Flood here.

Halo: Helljumpers
No summary, but it appears that it will follow a squad of ODSTs, and may feature a cameo of 117. May be a prequel to Halo: ODST.

In other news, I have detected a low level of dissent amongst the Halopedians over the canonicity (Fax that word to Webster's Dictionary, on the double!) of "Halo Wars". I request that you guys NOT vandalize the article, as that will only hurt our cause.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

You can call it a 'graphic novel...' Empty Re: You can call it a 'graphic novel...'

Post by KrAzY Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:31 am

Could be worse

DC could be making them

would be nice if some people could come up with their own ideas tho... instead of butchering other peoples stuff
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

You can call it a 'graphic novel...' Empty Re: You can call it a 'graphic novel...'

Post by PiEdude Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:44 am

Spartan Black plot...
Cole Protocol much?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:02 am

wow...could the first story be more cliche?

It's basically every season of Transformers....

Hell, even the Next Transformers movie follows that plotline
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:17 am

I'd be more interested if Marvel got around to finishing Halo Uprising.

That thing has been delayed for nearly a year and a half now.

Get your act together.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Yeah, I thought it was a little campy. And I didn't know Uprising was put off. Sales figures, maybe?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Yeah, I thought it was a little campy. And I didn't know Uprising was put off. Sales figures, maybe?

Because they are lazy, and the fact there were plot changes in Halo 3 they hadn't counted on.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:43 pm

The humans and covenant would NEVER work together, no matter for what purpose.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:44 pm

Nope.
Them working together is as likely as the SM in WH:40K making friends with the Orks
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:45 pm

This sounds nerdier than a Star Trek convention arguing with the League of Extraordinary Astronomers.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:47 pm

LOL
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Covenant and UNSC don't work together.... ever!

Maybe if they were in the middle of a civil war in which one side betrayed their previous beliefs and were after the same prize... maybe heretics... but no prophet-lead group of the Covenant would EVER work with humans.

Not in Halo CE when the flood was first unleashed and the humans were even willing to light the rings, not in Halo 2 when, once again, the flood returned, and not in Halo 3 when, yet again, the flood was set loose (they really need a new storyline. To think, this same story is in Halo Wars... sad.), NEVER!
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down