Islam

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Islam Empty Islam

Post by PiEdude on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:43 pm

In this thread, we will discuss the religion of Islam.

Personally, I have no problem with it.

It was made as, and is supposed to be, a religion of peace.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Dud Doodoo on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:46 pm

Yes, but Jesus preached love and peace, Mohumad(major sp) waged war and killed people.

I do not discriminate muslims however, they are not different than other people.(except in those awesome racist jokes)

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Age : 25
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Toaster on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:14 pm

I don't like it. I don't like any religion.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:32 pm

I have no problem with Islam. It, like many other religions, is often bent and twisted and abused by those who hold sway over the less knowledgeable, but the religion itself is not all that bad.

_________________
Islam Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:45 pm

The largest problem with Islam are the people who follow it. No offense to the law-abiding muslim, but it seems at some times that they are far outnumbered by the people who would rather kill 'em all and let Allah sort it out, or want to wipe the Jewish state of Israel off the map, and asked Hitler to extend his "Final Solution" to the Middle East.

I mean, seriously, the Jews crawl out of Europe, get assaulted from all sides by their neighbors, get little to no help, win because their enemies were so incompetent (it was considered uncool for top Arab commanders to be in contact with their subordinates) and then they push everybody out and create a buffer zone.

And when they go into the schools of the 'Palistinian' villages, they find that the children are being taught to count with cartoons of dead Jewish bodies.

Sounds familiar, no?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by kslidz on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:34 am

i am a Christian in the purest sense i have no extra beliefs besides Jesus is Lord I know Jesus and have a relationship and i love Jesus and He loves me

so i believe all other religions that add on or subtract from Jesus are evil in there very core and were helped to be crerated by satan

call me crazy or whatever but that is what i know to be true

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 28
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by PiEdude on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:49 am

In b4 Pheonix starts killing people.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Angatar on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:27 am

I have no problem with it, but in any game that has me placing a bomb, as it explodes I yell, "For Allah!" Very Happy
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 24
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Toaster on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:50 am

kslidz wrote:
so i believe all other religions that add on or subtract from Jesus are evil in there very core and were helped to be crerated by satan

call me crazy or whatever but that is what i know to be true

Pure, delusional genius.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Cheese on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Wow, I find that pretty scary

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Age : 29
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:00 pm

I believe other religions outside of Christendom (and even some within) are wrong, persay, but not necessarily evil. I would not doubt that Satan has a hand in inspiring certain religions, but I do not believe the followers to have anything but the best intentions, in most cases. I mean, Satanists are probably pretty evil, but I don't believe that the average Muslim is inherently evil, nor that the foundation of Islam is evil. One must remember, kslidz, that Satan is the master of deception, and if his creations are obviously evil, they will be unpopular, but if they appear to be good, they will be more popular. Satan doesn't need false religions like Islam to be evil in order to damn followers to Hell. The followers, no matter how good they try to be, cannot achieve perfection, and thus, without Jesus, are going to Hell, and as long as they think otherwise, Satan has them right where he wants them.

_________________
Islam Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by PiEdude on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Personally, I don't believe that Islam or Judaism are false.

I think of them, and most religions, as all being connected.

All created by God to bring man kind further and further to the truth.

For all we know, Christianity itself may also be not-quite true, and just another stepping stone to something mankind cannot yet comprehend.

Atheism is not "evil" or anything like that, it's just the belief that there is nothing to hope for, and that science(or something else, depending on who you talk to) is the only worthy pusuit in life.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Toaster on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Pie wrote:Atheism is not "evil" or anything like that, it's just the belief that there is nothing to hope for, and that science(or something else, depending on who you talk to) is the only worthy pusuit in life.

lol, we're not quite THAT grim. There is hope in life, but no hope for ANOTHER life.

Space travel is the ultimate rapture Smile
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Zaki90 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:The largest problem with Islam are the people who follow it. No offense to the law-abiding muslim, but it seems at some times that they are far outnumbered by the people who would rather kill 'em all and let Allah sort it out, or want to wipe the Jewish state of Israel off the map, and asked Hitler to extend his "Final Solution" to the Middle East.

I mean, seriously, the Jews crawl out of Europe, get assaulted from all sides by their neighbors, get little to no help, win because their enemies were so incompetent (it was considered uncool for top Arab commanders to be in contact with their subordinates) and then they push everybody out and create a buffer zone.

And when they go into the schools of the 'Palestinian' villages, they find that the children are being taught to count with cartoons of dead Jewish bodies.

Sounds familiar, no?

Being an actual Muslim,
The Muslims like me see Israel as a place of the people. Not a Zionist place. The people there have killed innocent Muslims. And we are pissed. We do not want to have Zionists who think it is ok to kill Muslims ruling over the holy land of the 3 religions of God.

I am very open to other religions.

Atheism is not a religion.It is just people unable to accept there is a God. They just don't want to. They are ignorant.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
The Muslims like me see Israel as a place of the people. Not a Zionist place. The people there have killed innocent Muslims.
Innocent people who let terrorists hide behind their skirts.

In any case, the Muslim Nations threw the first punch, and the Jews pushed them back. Since then, it's been back and forth bickering and warfare.

But if the Palistinians are so oppressed, why don't Egypt, Syria and Iran offer them refuge until they get a solution?
The answer: Because the refugees are useful political tools.

Zaki90 wrote:We do not want to have Zionists who think it is ok to kill Muslims ruling over the holy land of the 3 religions of God.
And we don't like the idea of Palistinians, Syrians, and Egyptians who think it's OK to wipe Israel off the map. Sorry, but it goes both ways.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Zaki90 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:
The Muslims like me see Israel as a place of the people. Not a Zionist place. The people there have killed innocent Muslims.
Innocent people who let terrorists hide behind their skirts.

In any case, the Muslim Nations threw the first punch, and the Jews pushed them back. Since then, it's been back and forth bickering and warfare.
Muslims threw the first punch, but the Zionists spat at them first.

Really?
You honestly believe that an innocent person, like my cousins in the UAE, would let Terrorists seek refuge in their house. My family has taught me that if one disobeys the words of Quran, that he is not a Muslim. Even if he says he is. O


But if the Palistinians are so oppressed, why don't Egypt, Syria and Iran offer them refuge until they get a solution?
The answer: Because the refugees are useful political tools.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:We do not want to have Zionists who think it is ok to kill Muslims ruling over the holy land of the 3 religions of God.
And we don't like the idea of Palistinians, Syrians, and Egyptians who think it's OK to wipe Israel off the map. Sorry, but it goes both ways.

We don't want the Zionist regime to be there. It makes the Holy Land owned by people who wish to kill those who worship the same god as you.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
Really?
You honestly believe that an innocent person, like my cousins in the UAE, would let Terrorists seek refuge in their house.
Look at Iraq, Zaki. Look at Somalia. Look at Gaza. It happens. These people will stand in front of insurgents so our troops won't fire. They will give AK-47 toting raiders free access to their homes and businesses.

Zaki90 wrote:My family has taught me that if one disobeys the words of Quran, that he is not a Muslim. Even if he says he is. O
Well, these people have a different view of what the Quran says, one that's way different from yours. My fight is not with you, but with them.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:But if the Palistinians are so oppressed, why don't Egypt, Syria and Iran offer them refuge until they get a solution?
The answer: Because the refugees are useful political tools.

Zaki90 wrote:We don't want the Zionist regime to be there. It makes the Holy Land owned by people who wish to kill those who worship the same god as you.
Question 1: Do we?
Because I seem to remember God saying not to add to the bible, and that no more prophets would come after Jesus. If we worship the same God, then he is infallible, and he would not have changed his mind. He would have known that he would send another prophet, just as he knew the exact year he would send Jesus.

Question 2: What gives the Jewish State legitimacy? What maintains the Status Quo?
The answer is simple. Violence. Even before displaced Jews emigrated there en masse, Arab leaders asked Adolf Hitler to extend the Final Solution to their lands.
But was there ever a Palistinian state?

Well, before the land was given to the Jews, it was owned by the Brits. And before that, it was the French. And so on and so forth, back to the Roman Empire. Now, I can sympathize with the Tibetans, who were a sovereign state for a millennium, but since the Palistinian State hasn't been a sovereign state in that time...

Now, you want to know how to free the Palistinians? Don't do it with rockets. Do it the way Martin Luther would want you to.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Gauz on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:24 pm

I have no problem with the religion, although, the people whom follow it are the ones who you might have a problem with.

I really don't care though, maybe a bit for the core values.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Toaster on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:48 pm

Zaki wrote:Atheism is not a religion.It is just people unable to accept there is a God. They just don't want to. They are ignorant.

You are hilarious! bounce

I would love to believe in a god and an after life and live with nothing but glee, but unfortunately, that which is desired cannot always be true.

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is, than to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring."

The principle of certainty harbors ignorance.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:51 pm

There is no helping ReconToaster, I would just give up if I were you.

Islam... I have nothign against the religion, but when followers of it are hell bent on killing others just because of their beliefs there is something fucked up with the whole thing.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by PiEdude on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Not all of them are like that.

People like Osama Bin Laden, or Mohamed Farrah Aidid use Islam as a tool, and a weapon.
They believe in it, but not to the same extent of their followers.
They use it to gain power, or wreck havock for their enemies.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Toaster on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:59 pm

KarskinSeath wrote:There is no helping ReconToaster, I would just give up if I were you.

Islam... I have nothign against the religion, but when followers of it are hell bent on killing others just because of their beliefs there is something fucked up with the whole thing.

How about followers who act as if they are superior to others, and that those below them are in need of being "saved"?

I find it almost painful that most of our religious members will not even be so reasonable as to admit to the possibility of their belief system not being correct. It is rare that you find someone so ignorant so as to think that there is absolutely no way that they could be wrong, yet the premise seems so prevalent on these boards.

No, I do not require help. I do not need convincing so that I may reach rapture. You condone someone who just called me an idiot for not submitting myself to the absolute belief that there is, doubtlessly, a god.

I am somewhat open to the idea of there being a god. I will not submit myself to the belief, as I have no real reason to, but I do not deny the small possibility. What I do doubtlessly deny is the premise that we as humans have somehow already acquired the secrets to our existence. The idea it ludicrous.

This is why I respect Rasq and Rot. While they have their beliefs, they are open to the possibility that they may in fact be wrong.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Maginot Line on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Um... when Shi'ites and Sunni's start killing each other, it makes me very wary of the religion.

When the religion raises people to hate a different race (I know several muslims, and they all harbor a hate for Jews. They wouldn't necessarily kill them... I don't think... but they still have a deep hatred for them), I have a problem with the religion.

When it has groups of radicals who are hell bent on killing nonbelievers, I have a problem with the religion.

I realize that a large part of those actions are instigated by extremist factions, but what they do still reflects back on Islam.

So, like Rasq, I have less of a problem with the religion, and more of a problem with the extremists.
Maginot Line
Maginot Line
Minion

Male Number of posts : 142
Location : If I tell you, promise you won't run?
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Maginot Line on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:13 pm

PiEman wrote:Not all of them are like that.

People like Osama Bin Laden, or Mohamed Farrah Aidid use Islam as a tool, and a weapon.
They believe in it, but not to the same extent of their followers.
They use it to gain power, or wreck havock for their enemies.
Usama wasn't really using Islam as a tool, he genuinely hated Americans.

ReconToaster wrote:
KarskinSeath wrote:There is no helping ReconToaster, I would just give up if I were you.

Islam... I have nothign against the religion, but when followers of it are hell bent on killing others just because of their beliefs there is something fucked up with the whole thing.

How about followers who act as if they are superior to others, and that those below them are in need of being "saved"?
Hm... a common problem among Christians. Lots of people act like unbelievers are nothing, they are too full of pride to actually recognize that they should reach out with loving ahnds to those people. There are dozens of congs written by Christian artists regarding this topic.

ReconToaster wrote: I find it almost painful that most of our religious members will not even be so reasonable as to admit to the possibility of their belief system not being correct. It is rare that you find someone so ignorant so as to think that there is absolutely no way that they could be wrong, yet the premise seems so prevalent on these boards.
Well... it's difficult to explain this without sounding... I don't know... say you know the truth about something, you have infallible evidence of it, but the problem is, you can't show other people this evidence, they just don't see it. AFter becoming a Christian, you experience a drastic change in your life, and basically, you realize that you are following the truth. Or at least, that's what it was like in my case. What may seem like arrogance to you is more... I can't really describe it...

ReconToaster wrote: No, I do not require help. I do not need convincing so that I may reach rapture. You condone someone who just called me an idiot for not submitting myself to the absolute belief that there is, doubtlessly, a god.
No comment.

ReconToaster wrote: I am somewhat open to the idea of there being a god. I will not submit myself to the belief, as I have no real reason to, but I do not deny the small possibility. What I do doubtlessly deny is the premise that we as humans have somehow already acquired the secrets to our existence. The idea it ludicrous.
If you're somewhat open to the idea of God, you're several steps ahead of most Atheists. Humans didn't really acquire the secret to our creation. ADam and Eve, the first humans, walked with God, they knew Him, they knew that He created them. Their children knew God, though not as close, and so and so on, until the Bible was written as a document explaining how humans were created.

Most of my thoughts probably seem random or abstract, you'll have to excuse me, I'm physically and mentally exhausted.
Maginot Line
Maginot Line
Minion

Male Number of posts : 142
Location : If I tell you, promise you won't run?
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by PiEdude on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Maginot Line wrote:
PiEman wrote:Not all of them are like that.

People like Osama Bin Laden, or Mohamed Farrah Aidid use Islam as a tool, and a weapon.
They believe in it, but not to the same extent of their followers.
They use it to gain power, or wreck havock for their enemies.
Usama wasn't really using Islam as a tool, he genuinely hated Americans.


Exactly, and he's using Islam as a weapon against us.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Islam Empty Re: Islam

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum