Graeme Devine's website

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by L0d3x on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:17 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:Correction, an SMG is only effective at very short range, an automatic rifle(the assault rifle) is effective at short to medium ranges.

The AR in the game sucked at medium range, I never mentioned the SMG in fact.

Angatar wrote:
If Banshees could fly in it, they would use the sniper rifle...

Bullshit and you know it. No matter what, using the BR for boarding purposes makes complete sense in those medium to long corridors. The sniper would only prove useful in very large open areas. Using the AR/Sniper combo wouldn't be nearly as effective as using the BR/Sniper combo, purely due to the medium range requirement.

CivBase wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:Correction, an SMG is only effective at very short range, an automatic rifle(the assault rifle) is effective at short to medium ranges.
And, unlike in the games, the rifle has more controllable, semi-automatic capabilities as well.

Yes, but I'm talking about how it performs ingame here.

Regardless, if you guys don't believe that the main reason the BR wasn't used in the PoA was because Bungie simply hadn't thought it up yet, than you guys are just ignorant-mother's_titty_sucking-fools.


E: almost forgot: Basketball Basketball Basketball

L0d3x
Minion

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by capn qwerty on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:40 am

And I suppose you know what the reason was, then?
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2736
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by L0d3x on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:22 pm

Oh come on, it's so damn obvious.

Imagine for a second, that bungie had invented the BR by the time of halo CE, don't you think they'd have used it in there?

Sometimes people look waaaay to deep into these kind of things.

L0d3x
Minion

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by Angatar on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Go play the Truth and Reconciliation again, and then tell me that the sniper is useless in the corridors. The sniper ingame doesn't zoom in much, and real medium randge is different from ingame medium range. The sniper is great in the corridors.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 24
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by L0d3x on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:42 pm

The discussion was not about the sniper rifle, you completely ignored my points.

L0d3x
Minion

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by KrAzY on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:46 pm

canitonically the assault rifle is a fantastic gun at meduim range... the mission was to do a run and gun assault on a prophets ship... for med - long range they had their pistols with explosive tipped rounds...


the typical soldier on the mission would have either been carrying a shotgun or an assault rifle for boarding the covenant ship... they would have had a pistol as a sidearm... IRL people don't run around holding 2 rifles... more than likely the spartans would have all been outfitted with an assault rifle and a pistol so that they could share ammunition on the covenant ship.


but do you seriously think that the assault rifle's 30 foot effective range in game is canon? because MUSKETS have better range than that... coveant corridors were usually very short




i'm not saying that if they had thought up the BR for CE that they wouldn't have included it.... I am just saying that a rifle made for long range makes no sense to have on a boarding mission.



as far as we know older issue BR weapons might have been on the PoA... but were in innaccessable parts of the ship (I mean in canon... not in game)



if I was boarding a ship... and had to use a single rifle and a pistol... I would have chosen to use the short/ medium range gun..... really the sniper rifle on Truth and Reconciliation makes no sense to use after you have gotten to the ship.... but gameplay wise it is a good gun to bring into the ship.... you guys are again confusing gameplay for canon... (or do you seriously think that a trained spartan would run around trying to no scope people at 20 feet?)
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by Angatar on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:00 pm

20 feet isn't that far...
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 24
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by L0d3x on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm

I just wanted to point out that, more than likely, if bungie had thought up the BR, they'd have used it in their game and canon.

I may have gone a little offroad in pointing this out though.

On and personally, asuming the BR was around, I'd imagine that a 5 man spartan squad would have 2 BR riflemen, 2 AR supressing fire men and 1 sniper or heavy weapons expert (or maybe the numbers could vary to 3 AR and 2 BR).

L0d3x
Minion

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by CivBase on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:29 pm

L0d3x wrote:I just wanted to point out that, more than likely, if bungie had thought up the BR, they'd have used it in their game and canon.
Well, they probably looked at the rest of the guns and decided that the BR wasn't needed as you already have a sniper rifle and a medium-range assault rifle.

_________________
Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by L0d3x on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:39 pm

You just don't get it do you, so fixated on making the canon hold under whatever circumstance that you'd make foolish decisions like that.

L0d3x
Minion

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by CivBase on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:45 pm

L0d3x wrote:You just don't get it do you, so fixated on making the canon hold under whatever circumstance that you'd make foolish decisions like that.
Like what?

_________________
Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by L0d3x on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Sorry but I don't feel like continuing this, don't have the time to explain all my points to the littlest, dare I say, almost trivial details.

L0d3x
Minion

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by CivBase on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:31 pm

L0d3x wrote:Sorry but I don't feel like continuing this, don't have the time to explain all my points to the littlest, dare I say, almost trivial details.
Honestly, I don't see how Bungie thinking the weapon was unnecessary would have anything to do with being fixed on cannon... after all, it would make sense that they thought the AR worked in its place as they took away the AR when they introduced the BR and SMG.

_________________
Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by L0d3x on Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:05 am

Bungie did not think the BR was unnecessary, they simply didn't think up the BR concept by then. Proof of this can be found in looking at all those old pre-xbox halo vids, in which none of the weapons looked remotely like a BR.

You say the reason is because bungie distinctly decided they didn't need a BR, I say thats bullshit and they simply didn't think of it.

Anyways, I'm done with this. I have lost all interest in this boring discussion.

L0d3x
Minion

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by capn qwerty on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:17 am

Which is why you keep posting Rolling Eyes

Anyway, this can be solved quite easily: write to Bungie and ask them. Really, it's not hard. Just send one of the team an e-mail or Xbox LIVE message asking about it. Might want to do both to make sure they get it.
Assuming they deicde to answer, then BAM! Question answered and we can all get on with our lives.
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2736
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by CivBase on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:00 am

L0d3x wrote:Bungie did not think the BR was unnecessary, they simply didn't think up the BR concept by then. Proof of this can be found in looking at all those old pre-xbox halo vids, in which none of the weapons looked remotely like a BR.

You say the reason is because bungie distinctly decided they didn't need a BR, I say thats bullshit and they simply didn't think of it.

Anyways, I'm done with this. I have lost all interest in this boring discussion.
I said that could have been what happened, not that that is what happened. After all, it makes sense.

Not like it matters though, the gun wasn't in the game, end of story.

_________________
Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by kslidz on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:30 am

wow this got really specific sorry to start a war
my point was everything ive seen complained about thats un-canon is just opinion and people who just dont like the fact that bungie doesnt own halo anymore

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 28
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by Angatar on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:05 pm

L0d3x wrote:Bungie did not think the BR was unnecessary, they simply didn't think up the BR concept by then. Proof of this can be found in looking at all those old pre-xbox halo vids, in which none of the weapons looked remotely like a BR.

You say the reason is because bungie distinctly decided they didn't need a BR, I say thats bullshit and they simply didn't think of it.

Anyways, I'm done with this. I have lost all interest in this boring discussion.
I never said they decided not to have the BR in. Learn to read.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 24
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by L0d3x on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:30 pm

You implied it, and if you didn't mean to then you did a horrible job of expressing yourself.

Also, "learn to read" has no relevance here at all. It is very obvious that I already know how to read. I simply typed up my post too fast, and your response only focused on but a minor flaw in it, completely ignoring the point I was actually making.

Age 13, says enough of the maturity level around here.

L0d3x
Minion

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by Angatar on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:40 pm

L0d3x wrote:You implied it, and if you didn't mean to then you did a horrible job of expressing yourself.
I tend to do that.

L0d3x wrote:
Age 13, says enough of the maturity level around here.
Age=Age
Maturity=Maturity

Please, learn the difference.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 24
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:52 pm

Alright, before this gets out of hand, everyone go sit in a dark room, listen to classical music, and eat a large bowl of ice cream and strawberries.

L0d3x wrote:Oh come on, it's so damn obvious.

Imagine for a second, that bungie had invented the BR by the time of halo CE, don't you think they'd have used it in there?

Sometimes people look waaaay to deep into these kind of things.
You know what, you're right. Bungie only implemented the Battle Rifle and the SMG because the assault rifle fired like an SMG and the Handgun fired more like a marksman's rifle.

BUT, and this is a big but, the battle rifle still wasn't present on the Autumn, and the BR-55 still didn't see widespread use until 2552. In the meantime, however, other versions of the Battle rifle were probably in use, such as a BR-40.

As for designated marksmen rifles being needed for a huge ship like the Unyielding Heirophant... Did the UNSC ever encounter a ship that big before? And if they need rifles for something that big, they have other problems.
It's like that one line in JAWS: "You're going to need a bigger boat..."

As for the Cyclops and the Spartan Laser: The Cyclops isn't anything like the MJOLNIR Mk I-III, and is only in because of poor screen resolution. That's right, it was originally supposed to be MJOLNIR, but because console gamers are positioned back so far from the screen, they couldn't tell the difference between Spartans and MJOLNIR. So they just made it a Cyclops ripoff.

Oh, and as for the Spartan Laser: The UNSC didn't have it until 2552. Otherwise, we would have seen it in use on the ships, but even the POA, the most advanced ship in the fleet, didn't have that tech. And Joseph Statten, even though he screwed up his book by implementing as much Halo 3 crap as possible, avoided the Spartan Laser like the plague.

kslidz wrote:wow this got really specific sorry to start a war
my point was everything ive seen complained about thats un-canon is just opinion and people who just dont like the fact that bungie doesnt own halo anymore
Hey, talk about what you know. I was EXCITED for Halo Wars. It was right up there with StarCraft II. I LOVED the Cougar. I LOVED the Sparrowhawk. I LIKED the Rhino. I LOVED the trailer.

And then came the Cyclops, which was a real WTF? moment. Next came the ripoff of the Crucio Siege Tank, the ripoff of Sergeant Johnson, yadda yadda yadda...
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by Archangel on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:02 pm

Amen, Brother Krazy.

Amen.

_________________
Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Archangel2
Our retribution shall be pure and swift. For they have brought it upon themselves.
Then, you all shall see The Archangel Advent. The Past Made New.
Archangel
Archangel
Most Holy Angel of the Flame

Male Number of posts : 574
Age : 26
Location : MIL AI serial XMC-2430-2
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by Twizzey on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:38 pm

well frank o'conner approved of it so i guess its not fucking nothing up.
Twizzey
Twizzey
Minion

Male Number of posts : 83
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by KrAzY on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:20 pm

Archangel wrote:Amen, Brother Krazy.

Amen.


that was rasq
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by L0d3x on Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:16 am

Angatar wrote:
Age=Age
Maturity=Maturity

Please, learn the difference.

Wow, big man.

L0d3x
Minion

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Graeme Devine's website - Page 2 Empty Re: Graeme Devine's website

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum