Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

TCF Zombie Plan - Page 4 Empty Re: TCF Zombie Plan

Post by laxspartan007 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:00 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:
Dud wrote:No matter how much we hate each other, both the south and north must agree that the south is THE BEST strategic area there is out of the two. Not only do we have black people, but the area is much less densely populated, the percentage of citizens that own guns is WAY higher, and despite what you see in the movies southerners aren't all stupid and hard to control. You'll find that wherever you go the geography doesn't change human nature toaster. Militias are much more common in the south(and no they aren't any stupider) so you have a better chance of getting one (or at least following one) to a school.

I lived in Georgia for 5 years. I understand that the south is not all a bunch of idiots, but the majority of people living in the non-urban areas of the south, the ones most likely to have guns, tend to be... dumb.

The reason I'd prefer we hold out in the North is not because there's more guns here, it's because there are less. I don't want to be trying to control a population wherein everyone has an M16. WE will have weapons, and they will have few. They will be easier to control.

LP wrote:And just to lay out the rule now:

There will be NO FORCING RE-POPULATION ON ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT IT

Agreed. We can have as evil a civilization as you want, but the women must be treated nicely.

And all this about the women being exclusive to you.... no

LP wrote:Im not sure if I would even want to introduce children into a world like that.

Your children would be future rulers of a kingdom.
The point is that there WON'T be a population to control in the north, there aren't enough guns. In the south, people have been sitting on their porches with rifles, WAITING for zombies for centuries. Your odds of a surviving civilization is better in the south. I've lived in the south all my life toaster, and I haven't seen any sign of this "people with guns are dumb" Either the people you knew with guns just happened to be stupid, or you're basing this off of a Hollywood stereotype.

I'm just curious, what population are you hoping to control toaster? Whoever is qualified for leader would control our little TCF survival cell, and anyone besides us that is still alive would have guns anyways. In the north there is a denser population and a smaller percentage of them have guns. In short, more zombies, less survivors, period. In the south, there's a much greater chance that the early survivors we receive already have guns, which seems to be what you are against? I'm probably wrong on you're point about controlling the population, please explain what you mean. If you do mean however, that you would rather the survivors we take in not to have guns, then you're crazy. Perhaps in the later stages of the outbreak when we are getting ready to rebuild civilization, but the ones that are still alive during that period have guns anyway. I apologize if I have said a lot of this twice, it seems to be a habit of mine.

And toaster, I thought you were getting on xfire at 5?

i agree...i see your points...good enough for you Dud?
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Let's make this guide.

Last edited by Angatar on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:16 pm

Nice typo there.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:26 pm

Oops. 'Quide', I'll look that up on google, see what I find.
I went to edit it and made the same mistake. Razz
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Dud wrote:I'm just curious, what population are you hoping to control toaster? Whoever is qualified for leader would control our little TCF survival cell, and anyone besides us that is still alive would have guns anyways. In the north there is a denser population and a smaller percentage of them have guns. In short, more zombies, less survivors, period. In the south, there's a much greater chance that the early survivors we receive already have guns, which seems to be what you are against? I'm probably wrong on you're point about controlling the population, please explain what you mean. If you do mean however, that you would rather the survivors we take in not to have guns, then you're crazy. Perhaps in the later stages of the outbreak when we are getting ready to rebuild civilization, but the ones that are still alive during that period have guns anyway. I apologize if I have said a lot of this twice, it seems to be a habit of mine.

What, you think everyone is suddenly going to be a zombie?

People will flee to the school. People have cars. They will go in their garage, get in their car, and drive full speed to the school. They may encounter some zombies in the parking lot, but once insider, once the doors are shut, they will be somewhat safe.

You don't need a gun to get from point A to point B, especially when they're not far apart. You need a gun to hold position.

As I've explained, the school (like any) is very well fortified. There is a second level, with only a few ways to access. We might need 3-4 guys at each staircase. We would not need hundreds of soldiers at our disposal.

I understand that LP would be our leader, and would be in control, but we would still have some form of power over the refugees. LP would be breen, top members would be combine generals, lesser recruits would be civil protection.

I wouldn't be at the top of the rung, but I'd like to hope that I'd at least be on the administration.

Weapons bring power, and I do not want the common refugee to have power. We must be able to control them. We've all seen the movies... we've all seen the crazies that start shooting other survivors out of paranoia. My point is that more people in the south have guns, and will be harder to control.

You're right, people in all places are just as likely to go crazy, but I'd rather those who do flip, not have a gun.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:49 pm

I finished a map of the plot of my old high school.

TCF Zombie Plan - Page 4 HighlandHighSchool

Light gray is cement.
Green is grass.
Brown is dirt.
Very dark gray is asphault.
Dark gray is bleachers.
Cyan is buildings.
Black is walls.
Lime is doors/gates.
Yellow is subdivisions.

It should be noted that the building on the far right is the only building with low windows along the perimeter. However, this building also has several areas accessible only by elevator. Using materials from the bleachers, we could probably blockade the windows. In the building on the far left and up a bit, that is shaped like an upside down L, there are welding tools, which can be used to seal all doors and gates leading out of the complex. The far right building has roof access, and entrance can be gained using a rope ladder. Eventually, materials from the bleachers will be used to construct bridges across the roofs, which are generally the same height. Eventually, a wall could be built of any materials we could muster to connect the front fences to the subdivision walls, and then the chainlink fence in the back can be reinforced, making the entire complex secure. The baseball fields (all six), the soccer fields (both), and the football field can all be turned into agriculture. The dirt area in the top left is equipped with pig pens and a chicken coop, as well. We could probably dig a well somewhere, preferably inside the immediate compound.

Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:07 pm

nice...Rot...you are choice #2...

Last edited by laxspartan007 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Rot... not Rob...
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:28 pm

my bad...
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:17 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Dud wrote:I'm just curious, what population are you hoping to control toaster? Whoever is qualified for leader would control our little TCF survival cell, and anyone besides us that is still alive would have guns anyways. In the north there is a denser population and a smaller percentage of them have guns. In short, more zombies, less survivors, period. In the south, there's a much greater chance that the early survivors we receive already have guns, which seems to be what you are against? I'm probably wrong on you're point about controlling the population, please explain what you mean. If you do mean however, that you would rather the survivors we take in not to have guns, then you're crazy. Perhaps in the later stages of the outbreak when we are getting ready to rebuild civilization, but the ones that are still alive during that period have guns anyway. I apologize if I have said a lot of this twice, it seems to be a habit of mine.

What, you think everyone is suddenly going to be a zombie?

People will flee to the school. People have cars. They will go in their garage, get in their car, and drive full speed to the school. They may encounter some zombies in the parking lot, but once insider, once the doors are shut, they will be somewhat safe.

You don't need a gun to get from point A to point B, especially when they're not far apart. You need a gun to hold position.

As I've explained, the school (like any) is very well fortified. There is a second level, with only a few ways to access. We might need 3-4 guys at each staircase. We would not need hundreds of soldiers at our disposal.

I understand that LP would be our leader, and would be in control, but we would still have some form of power over the refugees. LP would be breen, top members would be combine generals, lesser recruits would be civil protection.

I wouldn't be at the top of the rung, but I'd like to hope that I'd at least be on the administration.

Weapons bring power, and I do not want the common refugee to have power. We must be able to control them. We've all seen the movies... we've all seen the crazies that start shooting other survivors out of paranoia. My point is that more people in the south have guns, and will be harder to control.

You're right, people in all places are just as likely to go crazy, but I'd rather those who do flip, not have a gun.
I suppose that does make sense about controlling the population, but my point still stands. Greater population density + less percentage of citizens that own guns = less survivors (outside of the school) and more zombies.

I was thinking maybe we could store the weapons somewhere safe, and do what my local militia does and only distribute them when we have either a breach or way too many zombies. That way the public does not have power but in the event of a breach we don't give the zombies a population to infect. Trying to take down a crowd when they all have guns is a tough job, especially for a zombie. Taking the guns back and storing them for safekeeping would be a trick however, one that we will have to ponder. I'm open to suggestions.

Exactly how many people are you planning for toaster? If we manage to get a hundred, about 5-10 of them may have guns. In the south, probably about half the men will have guns, and there are those with guns that would rather not be a part of the defense either way. If we are lucky, we will get about 5 TCF members. I would prefer we had a total of 30 soldiers instead of 10, while we still have the majority not owning weapons, we will get a much larger force to work with in the south, and thus more people that are useful before reconstruction.

However, I do see your point to a degree, perhaps we should be looking at other areas than the general, "North and South" regions, since both have their drawbacks. While neither have such huge drawbacks that they won't work, the north is better for gaining control of a civilization and the south is better for survival.

What other options do we have? What methods does everyone have for transportation?

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:33 pm

We could hide out in the middle of the country(the shit states no one knows the names of) and later once everything has pretty much settled move on to the south where it would be easier to farm, or the north where it is easier to loot.

These are decisions that don't need to be made right now as we are discussing basic survival.

For transport id suggest SUV's. They are fast enough, can ram through blocks or push past cars, and carry plenty of whatever it is you need.

Back up the SUV to the entrance of a store, then just throw the loot into it.

Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:01 am

Erm.. about people with guns in teh North and South... the North/Northeastern States are known for having the highest percentages of Hunters and Gun owners.

I would expect far more people to know how to use a gun up here, I would also guess that a far greater percentage of the population owns a gun or has easy access to one they could use(I myself have three and have access to nearly a dozen).

For the people that live in the cities and dont hunt... welll... they also all have guns because of all the violence in the cities. Of the people that live in the city that I know of, 7/10 personally own a firearm, and probably 9/10(including those who own firearms) have easy access to a firearm.

Trying to take controll of civilization would be a pain in the ass in here in MI, and I would expect it to actually be easier to survive than down south. Zombies would freeze during the winter(even if they were not stopped altogether, they would be slowed down ALOT), there are very large quantities of weapons and materials of basically any kind around due to our gun loving ways and our industries.

There are gun stores everywhere, most the places sell guns... Dow Chemical is the second larger chemical producer in the world and their massive plant is practically in my back yard... They make all kinds of shit... from insulation to napalm.

There are autoplants, Machine Shops and Casting plants all over the place; lumber mills, farms, etc.

I also know wherez to get 5t Trucks and HMMWV's.. MWuaahahaha Mwuaahahaha :twisted: assuming someone else doesn't get them first.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:04 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:I finished a map of the plot of my old high school.

Light gray is cement.
Green is grass.
Brown is dirt.
Dark gray is bleachers.
Cyan is buildings.
Black is walls.
Lime is doors/gates.
Yellow is subdivisions.

It should be noted that the building on the far right is the only building with low windows along the perimeter. However, this building also has several areas accessible only by elevator. Using materials from the bleachers, we could probably blockade the windows. In the building on the far left and up a bit, that is shaped like an upside down L, there are welding tools, which can be used to seal all doors and gates leading out of the complex. The far right building has roof access, and entrance can be gained using a rope ladder. Eventually, materials from the bleachers will be used to construct bridges across the roofs, which are generally the same height. Eventually, a wall could be built of any materials we could muster to connect the front fences to the subdivision walls, and then the chainlink fence in the back can be reinforced, making the entire complex secure. The baseball fields (all six), the soccer fields (both), and the football field can all be turned into agriculture. The dirt area in the top left is equipped with pig pens and a chicken coop, as well. We could probably dig a well somewhere, preferably inside the immediate compound.
That's not a bad plan.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Crimson Annoyance

Male Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:17 am

Thats a small school Rot, but thats not necesarrily bad if you have only like 10-20 guys
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:08 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:I finished a map of the plot of my old high school.

Light gray is cement.
Green is grass.
Brown is dirt.
Dark gray is bleachers.
Cyan is buildings.
Black is walls.
Lime is doors/gates.
Yellow is subdivisions.

Rot...why did you make a map of your old high school?
pale
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:26 am

Wow... rot has a big high school (that, or mine is just pathetically small.... which it is [no bow chicka wow wows]).

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:41 am

thats actually a pretty small school
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:45 am

It has seven buildings!

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo on Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:04 pm

It's the same size, if not smaller, than my middle school.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:04 pm

o.O

Wow....

My high school is one building.... as is the middle school.

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustin on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:23 pm

i trip the person i am with so i can run for it while he is on the ground getting eaten
Dustin
Dustin
Minion

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Wow, zombie survival thread. I can see some people here have officialy gone, insane.

But, who cares. I will have to formulate my plan...
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Thats a small school Rot, but thats not necesarrily bad if you have only like 10-20 guys

WTF!...DAMN its BIG to Me!...that High school is 2-3 times bigger than my middle school...and still bigger than the high school near me...
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuckles on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:48 pm

Get up on the roof and try to scavenge as many weapons and ammo as possible...
Then wait it out, while doing this as much as possible: affraid
Pretty fool-proof eh?
:zom1:
Chuckles
Chuckles
Minion

Male Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content