TCF Zombie Plan

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

TCF Zombie Plan - Page 11 Empty Re: TCF Zombie Plan

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:10 pm

Actualy holding out in a bunker is a bad idea as your in one spot and if one zombie finds you that means entire hordes might find you. if you must hunker down and your on the west coast alcatraz island is a great choice as the current makes it impossible for zombies to walk or swim to get you.

The only real error is getting recources and survivors to the island while not bring any zombies with you.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:18 pm

There are advantages in living in the suburbs. For example, if I was trying to start a survivors colony, we could set up in one of the rich, walled off(high concrete walls) neighborhoods, where there are only several entries and exits.

On top of that, there are tons of rich, 3-4 story houses in there, full of useful and rare items and providing excellent defensible positions. If we were to dig a three foot ditch in front of this wall(on the outside) then it would make it an even more formidable barrier.

Since it is such a large neighborhood, there would be plenty of room to grow crops and gather rain water.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:36 pm

In my opinion a few places are Great options. The problem with suburbs are the fact is there might already be infected in the suburbs and that means you need to clear out the entire area, and in that time more zombies could have wandered inside

An apartment complex is a good idea, but may be difficult to clear of all zombies

A Factory is a good idea as there are supplies, possibly a generator. if its a military factory your set for weaponry. but again unless its walled in you may find it hard to defend.

A school or prison is an excellent option as they are usualy walled in and built like a fort, prisons may be better as their is an armory and they are always walled in but a school has more acess to day to day supplies and neighborhoods are much closer, of course thats a double edged sword as you lack any open feild to engage zombies.

A hardware Store is another great option as there are plenty of supplies avalible to you, weaponry is a heartbeat away, parkinglots=cars witch means more gasoline and metal. throw chicken wire on the roof and use shelfs and such to barricade windows and doors. If the hardware sells generators you also have a powersource. again the only disadvantage is you lack any open space around the hardware strore it may be close to other buildings. But that also makes raiding and supply gathering easier also.

As a last resort (as in no buildings to hold out in) concrete is not the best option if wooden barricades, barbed wire or shovels are avalible.

A good way to build a good temporary barricade or wall is first get some chicken wire and metal/wood posts. Form a perimiter with the chicken wire and posts. Then apply wood, metal or cloth (yes cloth). Then finaly if you have barbed wire then throw that at the base of the wall not the top, remember its better to cut the zombies up and weaken them before they even start climbing the wall, barbed wire atop the wall just gives them somthing to grab to get up.

Then of course if you have a shovel dig a 2-4 feet deep perimeter. Place Legible signs within in a radius of 40 meters with a "come to close and we shoot" warning and your set to spend a week in a hostile city while you gather supplies. Instead of a gate you should have a ten foot ditch at the breech in the fort with you can always allow someone to cross with a plank bridge, 2 pairs of ladders.

if zombies assault the bridge simply remove the entrance and pour gasoline and oil into the ditch and throw a match inside once the horde has safely fallen inside
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:14 pm

First of all, how the hell are you going to survive in the long term in an apartment complex? There may be room to collect rain on the roof, but what about food? You can't hunt, grow, or obtain a permanent food source by any other means.

Second, a rich community like the one mentioned would be cleared house by house, after we have set up barricades.

And third, a concrete wall or barricade is superior to ANYTHING else except a steel barricade of a similar size, and it still wouldn't make much of a difference since zombies will never get through concrete, while they will get through wood. Like I suggested before, digging ditches around the walls will make the barriers bigger.

Another thing to note about the community I had in mind, it is literally RIGHT across the street from the school, so we can have parallel survivor colonies, as long as they are willing to submit.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:10 pm

Suburbs play a part in my plan as well, but I don't plan on clearing and barricading them until well after the school is self-sufficient, since it is squeezed in between two subdivisions similar in nature to dud's description.

Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:11 pm

I discouraged use of concrete for a Temporary base as it takes time to build a concrete wall when you can have a wood and steel stockade up in a few hours.

concrete should definatly used to reinforce and build walls at a permanant base but if you only plan on staying at a location for a few days the concrete is just uneeded.

Also on the Suburbs, depending on the neighborhood there could be a variey of supplies for you to use, as long as your lucky. Suburbs unless its a walled in complex with some sort of central structure like a school or rec center your only line of defense will be the wall itself, if the zombies get by the wall and barricades they have just contested your base witch is bad.

I said an apartment complex as like the suburbs there will be a variety of supplies. And you can knock down walls inbetween diffrent rooms (as long as you can support the roof with support beams). and you can grow crops if you can set up a greenhouse on the roof or take the roof away from a section of the complex and form that into a greenhouse. If anything you could use the complex as a good outpost, but getting food like many other options requires you to go out on raids to obtain it.

The same way your going to need to go our on raids to find weapons if your holding out in a school.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:50 pm

I have a question, how far away can a survivor be, and be undetected by a zombie? This plays a major part in survival.

Farmland areas would be ideal. Where I live, there are farms, but construction movements have lead to making houses in dud's description. The only problem is, we would need a wall. With the farmaland, we could have food. There is a small town nearby that has the fox river running straight through it, but that is out of reach of the wall limits..

Or we could make two walled areas, on is in the town, the other with the farms can be the colony. Problem is, the zombies would have the breath to walk through the water, and into the town.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:32 pm

Hmmm.....I would watch this video and screaming out the lyrics while gunning down zombies

GLORY GLORY HALLELUJIA!! MOHER FUCKER!
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:56 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Well you would want all three actualy first place barbed wire, that is a good deterrant for any animals and small numbers of zombies.
Zombies are impervious to pain, and Barbed Wire isn't as effective as you think.

dragoon9105 wrote:Next is the trench and this should be a concrete trench if the time is avalible witch shoudl be anywhere from 6-8 feet deep with a wall on the inner side. The concrete prevents any zombie guts from seaping into the soil and every mourning somebody with a gas tank can go and burn any zombies in the trench.
Will be conserving gas for napalm and vehicles, so that's not really an option.

I'm thinking about building an incinerator...

As for walling up in someplace, I have yet to see a good place around here. I will simply stick to building my own shelter, first out of wood and corrugated sheet metal, and then out of concrete when spring kicks in.

By the way, are we assuming aversion to daylight? I'm planning for Hemocytes with a possibility of tank forms.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:25 am

If we're dealing with Hemocytes or other sorts of variations like that, plans would have be very different. Hemocytes show signs of higher brain function and, aversion to light, and are amazing climbers. Tanks can take quite a beating and would be hard to stop. I personally am only planning for regular zombies, which I'm assuming have no light aversion or inconsequential light aversion (favoring dark places, but not hurt by exposure to light), because planning for hemocytes or tanks would require an entirely different plan. I'd be better off trying to fly out to Fort Niagara, where my friend plans to hole up during a zombie invasion, than trying to fortify the school, since the fortifications wouldn't stand against a tank and wouldn't stop a hemocyte.

Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:14 am

IMO bright lights would attract zombies... like moths to a flame

for night watchmen infared goggles would be preferred over floodlights as not to draw the feeble minded monstrosities toward our location
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:36 pm

A good location would be somewhere in asia, an unpopulated, valley guarded by mountains. One way it, that is heavily defended, farmland, rivers, forest. Sounds good.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:22 pm

x Gauz x wrote:A good location would be somewhere in asia, an unpopulated, valley guarded by mountains. One way it, that is heavily defended, farmland, rivers, forest. Sounds good.
Asia is the most populated continent, plus there are many deserts and mountain ranges so you would need to be ultra prepared to be able to hide there.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Angatar wrote:
x Gauz x wrote:A good location would be somewhere in asia, an unpopulated, valley guarded by mountains. One way it, that is heavily defended, farmland, rivers, forest. Sounds good.
Asia is the most populated continent, plus there are many deserts and mountain ranges so you would need to be ultra prepared to be able to hide there.
I know it is a very populated country, thats why I said a un-populated area there. They do exist. As for the desert/mountain thing, I said valley. A valley would provide almost everything we need.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Furthermore, the virus is most likely to start somewhere where medical technology is not very advanced, so it is very likely that Asia or Africa will be ground zero, and thus the most heavily populated by zombies.

Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:05 pm

x Gauz x wrote:
Angatar wrote:
I know it is a very populated country, thats why I said a un-populated area there. They do exist. As for the desert/mountain thing, I said valley. A valley would provide almost everything we need.
But how are you going to get into that valley? You will need a lot of supplies, it's hard enough to get there as it is, but now you will have zombies everywhere.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by JB on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:45 pm

the Barbed wire wouldnt be for killing the zombies, it'd be to slow them down, duh you coil 2-3 rolls of it in the same spot and tie coils of it to trees and other fixtures and that slows down infected quite a bit, try climbing through something that is digging deep into your flesh.
Trench is a good idea but id make it deeper if at all possible because 6 foot would be easy to get out of if enough infected got in, and also if you got to close u could easily get pulled in by infected reaching up over the edge (most men are above 6 foot tall) id say more to the sense of 8-10+ feet deep and at least 2-3 foot wide (i know it'd take time but if ur gonna have one u might as well have it right)

Best places to hide would be a place with 2-3 entrances so its harder to get cornered, and even then have an escape route. and im sorry but i doubt there would be 100's of zombies in the sewers cause frankly thats just a bit odd i mean really OH GUYS ZOMBIES! TO THE SEWERS!
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RX on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:58 am

JB wrote:
And im sorry but i doubt there would be 100's of zombies in the sewers cause frankly thats just a bit odd i mean really OH GUYS ZOMBIES! TO THE SEWERS!
Then let us all hope that the zombies doesn't learn how to use a toilet..
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:17 pm

JB, zombies feel no pain. Barbed wire slows people down because it hurts like hell. You get tangled up and try not to move so that you don't get cut further. Zombies could plow right through the stuff, because they don't care about superficial scratches and scrapes.

Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by RX on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Is it a good idea to head for a church? It's basicly the safest place in my area. Or I could use the shopping mall not too far from here aswell.
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:36 pm

not really once people realize the world as they know it is ending one of the main things they might do is go to pray

and Barbed wire still serves as a barrier to say, "Raiders" and animals that you dont want tripping any sensor alarms. if you want to stop zombies with Barbed wire i recommend getting higher grade non-homemade barbed wire you want the good stuff that can rip your skin off if you plan on stopping infected with it.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:15 pm

You don't want the zombie to have it's skin ripped off, it will bleed a lot, and if any of that gets on you, you are infected.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:24 pm

RX wrote:Is it a good idea to head for a church? It's basicly the safest place in my area. Or I could use the shopping mall not too far from here aswell.

Church is actually one of the worst places to go.

When scared and thinking the apocalypse is coming people will flock to churches. If anyone is infected or the infected come to it the whole building will just be a slaughter house and later filled with a ton of infected.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7573
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Actually if a zombie bleeds on you, you are fine. If that blood gets into your siliva or blood, then you're fucked.

Hiding in a curch increases the creepy factor. Not to mention a bunch of people will be annoying with their prayers, thinking thaat they kill zombies..
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:10 pm

x Gauz x wrote:Actually if a zombie bleeds on you, you are fine. If that blood gets into your siliva or blood, then you're fucked.

Hiding in a curch increases the creepy factor. Not to mention a bunch of people will be annoying with their prayers, thinking thaat they kill zombies..
Your skin isn't completely protective.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next