[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Do you Think Former President Bush was a bad president?

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 19 ]
[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 33

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by CivBase on Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:37 pm

PiEman wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:I just... when I saw him after the inauguration, he was happy. It was like the burden of the whole world had been lifted off his shoulders, and he was free.
Go look at how much he's aged. It's amazing and sad at the same moment.
Yo see, I have the same problem arguing with you, that you do arguing with me.
You're clearly extremely biased towards Bush.
And you're clearly extremely biased against him and for Obama. Why else would either of you be here?

PiEman wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:The War on Poverty was a failure, and we got so entrenched in Vietnam that it took until Nixon's second term to get us out.
You're fine with getting out of Veitnam, but not Iraq?
Even I know that Veitnam was 10x as gruesome as Iraq will ever be.

PiEman wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Yeah, and then he got us in again. Remember the Urban Reinvestment Act? That's what caused the Housing Crises.
I wasn't exactly politically active during Clinton's presidency, (mostly due to the fact that I started Kindergarten in his second to last year in office) but I've heard negative things from Republicans, and positive things from Democrats and Independants.
Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.

PiEman wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Pieman, you really need to stop watching "V for Vendetta."
Yes, the BBC is supported by the government, but they ain't censored like that.
What about when they stopped showing documentaries on Ireland, and didn't report on the NRA terrorist attacks on Northern Ireland?
They didn't even let in a Star Trek episode until 2006 because it had references to "The Troubles" in it.
If I recall, it was the British media that ranted on and on about the Zimmerman telegram and the Lusitania.

PiEman wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
A majority wants peace. It's the minority that's out killing each other.
Iraqis don't like America in the same way many Americans don't care for China. BUT go out and ask them if they want America gone.
"Yes, America needs to go. Not now, but not ten years from now."
47 percent of Iraqis want US-led forces to leave Iraq immediately and 34 percent want the troops to leave when the security situation improves.
Not the statistic I was looking for, but still.
That's because your statistic doesn't exist. And something like 75% of our country voted for Obama, but look where it's gotten us! Same with Bush (okay, his second term was 50%, but still...). People don't know what they want, PiE; that's something I've come to know. Besides, 47% isn't even a majority. That means that since 34% want us to stay until it's safe (same with most of us), 19% want us to stay indefinitely.

_________________
[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by PiEdude on Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:59 pm

CivBase wrote:
And you're clearly extremely biased against him and for Obama. Why else would either of you be here?
Yes, and I said that I was.

CivBase wrote:
Even I know that Veitnam was 10x as gruesome as Iraq will ever be.
That's only because Veitnam lacked Kevlar vests, and dragged on for 18 years, something that would have been entirely possible had McCain (or really any of the Independants that supported the war) were elected.

CivBase wrote:
Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.
...
Wait, wut?

CivBase wrote:
If I recall, it was the British media that ranted on and on about the Zimmerman telegram and the Lusitania.
Exactly my point.
They desperately needed American troops by that point in the war, and those events were critical in attaining that support.

CivBase wrote:
That's because your statistic doesn't exist. And something like 75% of our country voted for Obama, but look where it's gotten us! Same with Bush (okay, his second term was 50%, but still...). People don't know what they want, PiE; that's something I've come to know. Besides, 47% isn't even a majority. That means that since 34% want us to stay until it's safe (same with most of us), 19% want us to stay indefinitely.
My statistic is very real, and as soon as I can find it I'll post it and the article it's in.
And what do you mean, "look where it's gotten us"?
Bush screwed up the economy before Obama got in office(which was only about, oh, say three weeks ago?).
How do you expect him to have done anything when his first bill hasn't even been passed yet?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Zaki90 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Me,
being an actual Iraqi, never wanted F.P. (former president) George Bush to be president.

A majority wants American soliders to leave Iraq. The invasion of Iraq was fair because Saddam Hussien killed Shias and invaded Kuwait.

Britain did the right thing. They left Iraq it the moment that the war was considered over.

I hate F.P. Bush because he focused mainly on Iraq. And the Housing Crisis and the availability of gas is beginning to dwindle and he is in Iraq trying to find nukes and what ever is left.

All America should do now is slowly help reconstruct Iraq. Not with tanks and infantry patrolling every street known.

With small amounts of money and some construction people there. Iraq can come back. Get the government back to a good position and leave. With as little effects as possible.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by PiEdude on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Zaki90 wrote:Me,
being an actual Iraqi, never wanted F.P. (former president) George Bush to be president.

A majority wants American soliders to leave Iraq. The invasion of Iraq was fair because Saddam Hussien killed Shias and invaded Kuwait.

Britain did the right thing. They left Iraq it the moment that the war was considered over.

I hate F.P. Bush because he focused mainly on Iraq. And the Housing Crisis and the availability of gas is beginning to dwindle and he is in Iraq trying to find nukes and what ever is left.

All America should do now is slowly help reconstruct Iraq. Not with tanks and infantry patrolling every street known.

With small amounts of money and some construction people there. Iraq can come back. Get the government back to a good position and leave. With as little effects as possible.

See guys?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by CivBase on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:15 pm

PiEman wrote:
CivBase wrote:
And you're clearly extremely biased against him and for Obama. Why else would either of you be here?
Yes, and I said that I was.
Then what was your point?

PiEman wrote:And what do you mean, "look where it's gotten us"?
Bush screwed up the economy before Obama got in office(which was only about, oh, say three weeks ago?).
How do you expect him to have done anything when his first bill hasn't even been passed yet?
Hmm... lets look at things here. First off, Bush tried to prevent the economy from collapsing. The democratic congress is responsible for not supervising Freddie Mac and Franny May, not Bush. Plus, Obama's guys think that spending trillions of dollars on big businesses that wont even use the money for what it's supposed to do will stabilize the economy. Then he wants to raise taxes, the exact opposite of what got us out of the Great Depression. Plus, he wants to bring us out of the war, which adds a huge economic boost. That's what I mean, PiE.

_________________
[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Zaki90 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:20 pm

CivBase wrote:
PiEman wrote:
CivBase wrote:
And you're clearly extremely biased against him and for Obama. Why else would either of you be here?
Yes, and I said that I was.
Then what was your point?

PiEman wrote:And what do you mean, "look where it's gotten us"?
Bush screwed up the economy before Obama got in office(which was only about, oh, say three weeks ago?).
How do you expect him to have done anything when his first bill hasn't even been passed yet?
Hmm... lets look at things here. First off, Bush tried to prevent the economy from collapsing. The democratic congress is responsible for not supervising Freddie Mac and Franny May, not Bush. Plus, Obama's guys think that spending trillions of dollars on big businesses that wont even use the money for what it's supposed to do will stabilize the economy. Then he wants to raise taxes, the exact opposite of what got us out of the Great Depression. Plus, he wants to bring us out of the war, which adds a huge economic boost. That's what I mean, PiE.
Its not that bush is to be blamed for the crisis. He was just thinking about Iraq in the moment
Just thinking at the wrong time. And it took a lot of time for bush to realize that the economy is slowly falling into a major recession.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Angatar on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:09 pm

I think he was pretty good. We weren't attacked again, and the president is blamed for things he shouldn't. Plus, he's from Texas.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 24
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by KristallNacht on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:21 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Oh, then he threw him to the gallows. I thought the Iraqis gased him. Of course, I've been wrong before.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7532034279766935521
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Maginot Line on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:31 pm

Angatar wrote:I think he was pretty good. We weren't attacked again, and the president is blamed for things he shouldn't. Plus, he's from Texas.
THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGIN!!!

@ Zaki, if the Muslim Extremists would stop trying to mortar government buildings, American troops wouldn't have to patrol every other street corner.

However, I agree. America does need to attempt to rebuild the country so that it doesn't turn out like Afghanistan.

...and PiE, BBC is far less biased than the American Media. Plus, stories that take place in America appear on their front page like a week before anything is printed in the US. No, they are not heavily censored by the government. I don't know where you came up with that.

As soon as we pull out of Iraq, the Iraqi's will want our Black Hawks and UAV's that can pinpoint and destroy insurgent mortar positions in minutes or our Marines their to keep their insurgents from trying to kill each other.

And Vietnam was bloodier because VC and NVA used actual strategies, instead of strapping C4 to their chests and running around trying to blow people up so they can get their 70 some-odd virgins. The Vietnamese also had NCO's... and intelligent military commanders...
Maginot Line
Maginot Line
Minion

Male Number of posts : 142
Location : If I tell you, promise you won't run?
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Zaki90 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:01 am

My dad works in the U.S. Embassy in Iraq reconstructing the information infrastructure.

The thing is that every minute U.S. troops are in Iraq. The more hatred grows in the minds of the young ones. Iraqi's are scared because America came and destroyed too much. They fear going outside because they don't know if the American soldiers are going to shot on the spot. There is a curfew in Iraq. Kids and parents are scared for there lives. The kids' fear will eventually turn into anger. And looky here... we have another 200 haters with guns and bombs.

The Extremists mortar government buildings in anger because of the destruction caused in Iraq by American troops. Sure the Americans killed Saddam Hussein, but they have brought a mountain of destruction along with them.Running water and electricity are scarce. They want to restore Iraq to it's former glory. The people will do anything to assure that their kids will be safe in Iraq.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:26 am

The main reason they're afraid though is that they don't understand that America isn't like Saddam's Rule.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by CivBase on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Zaki90 wrote:Its not that bush is to be blamed for the crisis. He was just thinking about Iraq in the moment
Just thinking at the wrong time. And it took a lot of time for bush to realize that the economy is slowly falling into a major recession.
I don't think you totally understand what's going on here. Bush was trying to push regulation on Mac and May, the institutions that are most responsible for the economic crisis, before the market went down the tube.

He spent quite a lot of time on the economy, but his opposition, which is now in majority control of both congress and the office of the president, wouldn't let him do anything to fix it. Instead, they're shoving trillions of dollars down the throats of big businesses that waste it all on private jets and fat bonuses for themselves.

Sure, the war in Iraq was a little mismanaged, but we are pulling out. The actual war (not post-war) should have been one of his shining points, but the democrats keep making it out to be terrible. Now, though, we have a president in office that wants nothing more than to move all of our troops out. The only setback is that, like I said before, we can't just pack up and leave all at once, it's going to take at least one term before a majority of our troops are pulled out.

_________________
[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Zaki90 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:45 pm

CivBase wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:Its not that bush is to be blamed for the crisis. He was just thinking about Iraq in the moment
Just thinking at the wrong time. And it took a lot of time for bush to realize that the economy is slowly falling into a major recession.
I don't think you totally understand what's going on here. Bush was trying to push regulation on Mac and May, the institutions that are most responsible for the economic crisis, before the market went down the tube.

He spent quite a lot of time on the economy, but his opposition, which is now in majority control of both congress and the office of the president, wouldn't let him do anything to fix it. Instead, they're shoving trillions of dollars down the throats of big businesses that waste it all on private jets and fat bonuses for themselves.

Sure, the war in Iraq was a little mismanaged, but we are pulling out. The actual war (not post-war) should have been one of his shining points, but the democrats keep making it out to be terrible. Now, though, we have a president in office that wants nothing more than to move all of our troops out. The only setback is that, like I said before, we can't just pack up and leave all at once, it's going to take at least one term before a majority of our troops are pulled out.

He tried. But at the same time. He spent a lot of money in the invasion of Iraq. The actual war was his shining moment. He kinda screwed up with the stem cell research veto.

Yah America is pulling out. But the damage has already been done. Fear has turned into anger already and there is only a matter of time.

Obama wants the troops out of Iraq and into Afghanistan which is the reason his term as president may be the best.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:50 pm

As I recall, Clinton gave the Community Reinvestment Act the teeth that proved to practically destroy the housing market. There were short term benefits, though; that I cannot deny.

_________________
[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:59 pm

PiEman wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:

I just... when I saw him after the inauguration, he was happy. It was like the burden of the whole world had been lifted off his shoulders, and he was free.
Go look at how much he's aged. It's amazing and sad at the same moment.
Yo see, I have the same problem arguing with you, that you do arguing with me.
You're clearly extremely biased towards Bush.[/voice]
[Voice= "Admiral Dugual"] Ha! The man who worships the ground Obama walks on speaks to ME of bias?
Sorry, man, but I will admit to a little bias towards Bush. But I think I can look at him objectively, and I can say that 75% of the crap that's blamed on him wasn't his fault.

PiEman wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
The War on Poverty was a failure, and we got so entrenched in Vietnam that it took until Nixon's second term to get us out.
You're fine with getting out of Veitnam, but not Iraq?
Vietnam was bloodier, Pie.
We had Generals who would waste hundreds of troops per year to hold a bridge, just so they could say the bridge was open.
We fought an enemy that could go ANYWHERE, that could surround entire towns and cities and lay siege.
We spent millions on dioxin-laced Agent Orange, and yet our troops were shipped bullets by the ton... with defective gunpowder.

Our troops in Iraq are fighting with some of the best equipment we can realistically buy. The soldier of today isn't some helpless hick who got drafted (I'm talking to you, John Kerry)
The soldier of today is an elite fighting machine, who volunteered for the job.

PiEman wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
No, he didn't overlook it.
There was no evidence that Saddam didn't start production back up again. Besides, Clinton had to bomb him during the Lewenski Scandal because he wasn't in compliance with disarmament terms.
There's also no evidence that he did because we didn't find any weapons.
And there must have been absolutely, irrevocably, COMPELLING evidence that Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor, because that's what happened.

Were you on an airplane, recently? Flying back from Minneapolis?

ReconToaster wrote:
It's sad really. In the beginning, the whole of Baghdad loved us, and was excited that we were there to help them. Unfortunately, once we running out their leader... we went on to dissolute all of their health-care, education, and historic facilities, as well as to disband their entire army, which was in full support of our cause.
I really, really, REALLY doubt that last part. The guys in the upper echelons were all handpicked by Saddam Insane. When we started doing things they didn't like, what do you think would happen?

What normally happens in a militaristic, unstable government?

ReconToaster wrote:I've never been against our reasoning for going to Iraq. I do not blame bush for being wrong about WMDs. I do blame him, and his administration, for utterly terrible execution.
What do you think of our recent progress?

Zaki90 wrote:
The thing is that every minute U.S. troops are in Iraq. The more hatred grows in the minds of the young ones. Iraqi's are scared because America came and destroyed too much. They fear going outside because they don't know if the American soldiers are going to shot on the spot. There is a curfew in Iraq. Kids and parents are scared for there lives.
And here, no offense, is where we see how the average human's inability to rationalize fears comes into play. We are afraid of flying, but not driving, when flying is absolutely safe and driving is Russian Roulette.
Iraqis are afraid of US soldiers, when they are SO much more likely to be blown up by their fellow countrymen.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:41 pm

It seems I always forget to check to see if there is more than one page. Razz

Anyway, I'm with Rasq, though I'd also like to point out that Vietnam was a war we literally couldn't win, because we were not allowed to invade North Vietnam. How do you defeat an enemy if you cannot even strike the enemy except in defense? There is only one truth in comparing Vietnam to Iraq: when we leave, there will be chaos and civilian casualties like we've never seen in the war so far.

_________________
[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Toaster on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Rot wrote:There is only one truth in comparing Vietnam to Iraq: when we leave, there will be chaos and civilian casualties like we've never seen in the war so far.

I won't disagree with you, but I'm not sure that we understand our enemy enough to really determine that.

Rasq wrote:I really, really, REALLY doubt that last part. The guys in the upper echelons were all handpicked by Saddam Insane. When we started doing things they didn't like, what do you think would happen?

I'll agree that maybe some of the higher ranking officials had ill intentions, but the majority of the actual military force supported us. Had we taken advantage of those eager troops at the time, they very well may have policed the streets, and stopped the place from unfolding into utter chaos like it did.

Rasq wrote:What do you think of our recent progress?

To be completely honest, I don't keep up with current unfolding enough to really say anything. I don't think we should be pulling right out of the war... so I'm happy with any "progress."
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Zaki90 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:01 pm


Zaki90 wrote:
The thing is that every minute U.S. troops are in Iraq. The more hatred grows in the minds of the young ones. Iraqi's are scared because America came and destroyed too much. They fear going outside because they don't know if the American soldiers are going to shot on the spot. There is a curfew in Iraq. Kids and parents are scared for there lives.


And here, no offense, is where we see how the average human's inability to rationalize fears comes into play. We are afraid of flying, but not driving, when flying is absolutely safe and driving is Russian Roulette.
Iraqis are afraid of US soldiers, when they are SO much more likely to be blown up by their fellow countrymen.

The average human's inability to rationalize fears makes it all the easier to manipulate the minds of the people who fear into the minds of people who are angry.

Above the average terrorists uses the fear of the people and makes them think that the only way to end this fear is to fight.
Iraqis and their children are afraid that they will be shot or blown to pieces in their own houses or outside. Someone comes along and through using verses of the Quran or wise words is able to make people make a fake reality in which the only way out is to fight.


We are afraid of flying, but not driving, when flying is absolutely safe and driving is Russian Roulette.

Humans have never been afraid of flying. Humans have died trying to fly. Humans have always wanted to fly.

It should be more like:

We have always been scared to being invaded by aliens, but not scared to be killed by a cancer. Even though being invaded by aliens is like winning the World Wide Lottery and cancer killing us is like a 1 out of 3 people chance.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Rotaretilbo on Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:00 pm

No no, I'm quite sure that there are many more people afraid of traveling via plane than there are traveling via car, boat, train, bus, or most any other form of transportation.

_________________
[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:25 pm

Zaki90 wrote:

Humans have never been afraid of flying. Humans have died trying to fly. Humans have always wanted to fly.

It should be more like:

We have always been scared to being invaded by aliens, but not scared to be killed by a cancer. Even though being invaded by aliens is like winning the World Wide Lottery and cancer killing us is like a 1 out of 3 people chance.
Have you ever been on an airplane? Because I'm sure I've never seen anybody pop anxiety pills during a car ride.

People get drunk in a car to have fun. People get onto airplanes completely blottered because they want to forget that they are 50,000 feet up in the air.

And I dare you to mention "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" on an airplane.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:55 am

People are scared to be on planes!! Thousands of our older generation would rather drive 2000 miles to Florida in the winter than jump on a plane for a two hour ride! There is an actual phobia for flying! It took me years to get my mom on a plane and then it was only with the help of Xanax. Every time a plane crashes these fears are sparked anew. MILLIONS more people drive than fly every year! And SOME humans have always tried to fly. I personally love it. But there are very many who are content to keep their feet on the ground!

Clinton is as much to blame as anyone for the economy! Anyone remember NAFTA, that nasty little thing that allowed corporations to ship their jobs overseas and get a tax break and cheap labor! Who wouldn't jump on that?! We've lost millions of jobs as a result, not to mention the money we've lost in exported goods, since they're not being made in america any more!! This has had a HUGE impact on our economy! Unfortunately, things like this take a few years to really show the damage, so Bush got blamed for it.

So, this poll that says that 47% of Iraqis want us gone...where'd this poll come from? I could post a poll right now stating that Iraqis love us. You gonna believe that too just because it's in print? There are COUNTLESS polls such as this one out there. But what was the methodology for collecting the data? In which parts of the country were people polled? Was an equally representative number from each group polled? Someone could have walked into an extemist meeting and polled them for all you know. You can't trust such polls. Polls have no scientific significance at all. It's just numbers.

Of course there is a curfew in Iraq! There is a war going on there, remember? A war filled with extremist terrorists trying to kill people with homemade bombs, very possibly sneaking around after dark to plant the IED's and such that have killed so many. And I don't blame them for being scared to walk out of their homes. But it's not the American's stray bullets they need to worry about. It's their own people, the TERRORISTS, doing the damage! Just because they're domestic doesn't mean they are not terrorists! And THEY are what's keeping us in Iraq! And sure, of course there's a lot of physical damage done to the cities. But there is LAW that states that an invading country must help the other country rebuild at the conclusion of the war. So Iraq will be get help FROM AMERICA to rebuild the country that they HELPED destroy! And the fear is a carry over. They've been scared for so long that they don't know what to do now. And this is CHANGE. Change is scary! We fear what we don't understand. A democratic government where the people actually have some control over their lives is a scary new change for Iraq. Many of the oh-so-infamous polls state that the Iraqis are HAPPY witht their new government! Look how many turned out to vote!

Quit blaming Congress for not allowing Clinton to do what he wanted. Bush faced far more opposition from his Congress than Clinton. So if that theory works, Congress is to blame for the Bush Administration too. Thats' what happens when the opposing party controls Congress!! Oh, wait, there's a glitch in this system! Obama has a Democratically controlled Congress, and yet he's already faced opposition from them and he's only been in office for three weeks!! His own party disagrees with him!

And let's face it, Obama is only pulling the troops out because it's what the American most-loudspoken want him to do. He'll do anything to look good to the people. He did it his entire campaign! He changed his standing on policies so many times to suit what people wanted him to look like. Take his dear Reverand for examply. Obama REFUSED to denounce this black supremisist, American-hating reverand. That is until he found out that it was hurting his campaign. Then he kicked him to the curb as fast as he could! Nice friend, huh? Let's not forget his friendly visits with his terrorist neighbors. Don't you just love Obama's friends??

Obama has already lost 3 nominees for his various Cabinet positions. These SEASONED politicians know that there's trouble ahead. Joe Biden, before being offered the VP nomination, stated publically that if Obama became president, this country (America) would face another terrorist attack within 6 months. Then he smiled and shook Obama's hand when he got offered the pretty job. Nice morals, huh? Our integrity sells for so little.

Let me say now that i am considered a MODERATE on the political standings. I have voted both Democratic and Republican nominees into office. There were things I liked and things I hated about Clinton. There were things I liked and things I hated about Bush. It's not hard to look at these people objectively. But I never for one moment trusted Obama. Anyone who takes the time to do a little bit of research will see that he is dishonest and easily compromises his integrity to get what he wants. He just wants to look good!
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by CivBase on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:56 am

W00t seath!

_________________
[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by PiEdude on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:07 am

Kasrkin Seath wrote:People are scared to be on planes!! Thousands of our older generation would rather drive 2000 miles to Florida in the winter than jump on a plane for a two hour ride! There is an actual phobia for flying! It took me years to get my mom on a plane and then it was only with the help of Xanax. Every time a plane crashes these fears are sparked anew. MILLIONS more people drive than fly every year! And SOME humans have always tried to fly. I personally love it. But there are very many who are content to keep their feet on the ground!

Clinton is as much to blame as anyone for the economy! Anyone remember NAFTA, that nasty little thing that allowed corporations to ship their jobs overseas and get a tax break and cheap labor! Who wouldn't jump on that?! We've lost millions of jobs as a result, not to mention the money we've lost in exported goods, since they're not being made in america any more!! This has had a HUGE impact on our economy! Unfortunately, things like this take a few years to really show the damage, so Bush got blamed for it.

So, this poll that says that 47% of Iraqis want us gone...where'd this poll come from? I could post a poll right now stating that Iraqis love us. You gonna believe that too just because it's in print? There are COUNTLESS polls such as this one out there. But what was the methodology for collecting the data? In which parts of the country were people polled? Was an equally representative number from each group polled? Someone could have walked into an extemist meeting and polled them for all you know. You can't trust such polls. Polls have no scientific significance at all. It's just numbers.

Of course there is a curfew in Iraq! There is a war going on there, remember? A war filled with extremist terrorists trying to kill people with homemade bombs, very possibly sneaking around after dark to plant the IED's and such that have killed so many. And I don't blame them for being scared to walk out of their homes. But it's not the American's stray bullets they need to worry about. It's their own people, the TERRORISTS, doing the damage! Just because they're domestic doesn't mean they are not terrorists! And THEY are what's keeping us in Iraq! And sure, of course there's a lot of physical damage done to the cities. But there is LAW that states that an invading country must help the other country rebuild at the conclusion of the war. So Iraq will be get help FROM AMERICA to rebuild the country that they HELPED destroy! And the fear is a carry over. They've been scared for so long that they don't know what to do now. And this is CHANGE. Change is scary! We fear what we don't understand. A democratic government where the people actually have some control over their lives is a scary new change for Iraq. Many of the oh-so-infamous polls state that the Iraqis are HAPPY witht their new government! Look how many turned out to vote!

Quit blaming Congress for not allowing Clinton to do what he wanted. Bush faced far more opposition from his Congress than Clinton. So if that theory works, Congress is to blame for the Bush Administration too. Thats' what happens when the opposing party controls Congress!! Oh, wait, there's a glitch in this system! Obama has a Democratically controlled Congress, and yet he's already faced opposition from them and he's only been in office for three weeks!! His own party disagrees with him!

And let's face it, Obama is only pulling the troops out because it's what the American most-loudspoken want him to do. He'll do anything to look good to the people. He did it his entire campaign! He changed his standing on policies so many times to suit what people wanted him to look like. Take his dear Reverand for examply. Obama REFUSED to denounce this black supremisist, American-hating reverand. That is until he found out that it was hurting his campaign. Then he kicked him to the curb as fast as he could! Nice friend, huh? Let's not forget his friendly visits with his terrorist neighbors. Don't you just love Obama's friends??

Obama has already lost 3 nominees for his various Cabinet positions. These SEASONED politicians know that there's trouble ahead. Joe Biden, before being offered the VP nomination, stated publically that if Obama became president, this country (America) would face another terrorist attack within 6 months. Then he smiled and shook Obama's hand when he got offered the pretty job. Nice morals, huh? Our integrity sells for so little.

Let me say now that i am considered a MODERATE on the political standings. I have voted both Democratic and Republican nominees into office. There were things I liked and things I hated about Clinton. There were things I liked and things I hated about Bush. It's not hard to look at these people objectively. But I never for one moment trusted Obama. Anyone who takes the time to do a little bit of research will see that he is dishonest and easily compromises his integrity to get what he wants. He just wants to look good!
Big text is big.


Last edited by PiEman on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by CivBase on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:13 am

Wow pie... I can't believe you just said that. Haven't you lost enough political credibility already?

_________________
[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by PiEdude on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:16 am

CivBase wrote:Wow pie... I can't believe you just said that. Haven't you lost enough political credibility already?
NO!

I MUST LOSE ALL POLITICAL CREDIBILITY!

I WILL NOT REST UNTIL NONE CAN EVEN STAND THE SITE OF MY MINDLESS DRONING AND INCESSANT NAGGING ON POLITICAL TOPICS!

(but seriously, srs thread is srs)
(I need to get my cousin in here soon, he's way better at arguing politics)
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President? - Page 2 Empty Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum