Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TCF Compilation of recent good games

+2
xGauz
Kasrkin Seath
6 posters

Go down

TCF Compilation of recent good games Empty TCF Compilation of recent good games

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:58 pm

I just figured we might be able to assemble our own little listing of games we've enjoyed over the past few years.

Pillars of Eternity

I've always been a huge fan of cRPG's so I had followed this one closely since announcement. I still haven't finished it (I have maybe 15 minutes of gameplay left) but I've found it to be a very solid game overall; it's mechanically rewarding, there is good (but not spectacular) character development, and I think a decent plot. The biggest weakness of the game I'd say is the first couple hours of gameplay. There isn't a very good hook for the storyline and I felt like I was just bumbling around for a while until the plot had some real development. Past that though I became invested in it. For games to compare it to, it is very much so a spiritual successor to games like Baldur's Gate.

Doom 2016

Anybody who has knows a tiny bit of my background as far as games goes should know that I would have to bring up Doom. To be honest, I was not hopeful with the reboot to the series and bought it almost entirely due to my own status of a loyal fan of the series, but wow, it was one hell of a ride. Doom 2016 has what is hands down my favorite FPS campaign in a very, very long time. The action is fast paced and brutal and doesn't take a back seat to anything; the story is minimal and nothing is subtle. You are just there to kill demons. One of the few good things to come out of 2016 if you ask me.

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

Imagine Homeworld with much of the same rock-paper-scissors style combat between units types but without the third dimension of movement. Now add in objects that obscure line of sight and movement along with some very mechanically different unit types - like aircraft vs. lumbering vehicles the size of a mall vs. nimble dune buggies - and you have Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak. I found this to be very fun (if you like RTS's and like the Homeworld series you should enjoy this) but the campaign is rather short.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

TCF Compilation of recent good games Empty Re: TCF Compilation of recent good games

Post by xGauz Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Probably don't want to make a comprehensive list or anything right now but...

pretty much any paradox interactive game. I've seriously fallen in love with that studio. CK2 (probably favorite), EU4, Stellaris. That's all I've managed to get into now, and I still have a few other titles of their's to discover like a pre-adolescent on christmas eve.
xGauz
xGauz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Back to top Go down

TCF Compilation of recent good games Empty Re: TCF Compilation of recent good games

Post by Felix Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Been playing a lot of FTL and titianfall 2 recently. Both games I can spend hours on.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:04 am

I was enjoying and playing a metric shit ton of overwatch, but I moved to canada for work and the airbnb im in right now has the worst internet I have used since dial-up

getting an actual apartment soon (next week) but there will be 2 of us living in a 1 BR, so im trading privacy for better internet, but I probably still wont play too much videogames so I dont bother her. might go back to like war thunder or world of tanks for a bit... games I can just kinda quietly play with no rage or need to be talking in voice chat
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:28 pm

games like Duck. Game.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:11 pm

man I miss duck game. didnt bring my xbox controller with me though and im not sure duck game is worth going out and buying one for the 3 months I have left before I go back to the states haha
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:40 pm

I'm back in the states now from deployment btw.

Having been deployed and working 12-16 hours shifts I haven't been able to play many games. I was mostly playing Monster Hunter Generations when I could and still love the series as a whole.

Right now i'm just playing world of tanks and getting my shit kicked in.

I think once I finish the stateside part of my deployment and get a new place i'm going to get a PS4 because of all the good games coming out for it.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:51 pm

Mr.Inferior of the two Admins wrote:man I miss duck game. didnt bring my xbox controller with me though and im not sure duck game is worth going out and buying one for the 3 months I have left before I go back to the states haha

I think a keyboard is fine for such a simple game.

Also rocket league isn't a bad choice for MP.

Also also, Civ 5/6 is still on the table. Just sayin.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:14 pm

I cant do rocket leauge with mouse and keyboard, I tried in the past.

Pheonix me and you will need to do some WoT, its been like 2 years since I played but thats one that is always fun to return to
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Mr.Inferior of the two Admins wrote:I cant do rocket leauge with mouse and keyboard, I tried in the past.

Pheonix me and you will need to do some WoT, its been like 2 years since I played but thats one that is always fun to return to

I'm so bad at those games though lol
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:26 pm

WOT gets significantly easier with a group.

my favorite tactic is for my whole group to go light tanks and bum rush the enemy SPG's first thing, usually can get them killed and force the rest of their tanks out of position for the team to win. I usually end up dieing with this tactic but my team wins
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:53 pm

I got a SU-122A artillery piece and holy shit is it awful.

All the pieces before it were fine but this piece of shit is inaccurate as all fuck and takes 33 seconds to reload
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:58 pm

I've played so much Stellaris these past couple weeks.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:06 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:I got a SU-122A artillery piece and holy shit is it awful.

All the pieces before it were fine but this piece of shit is inaccurate as all fuck and takes 33 seconds to reload

on the road to the AMX ELC (my favorite tank to play with) you have to do the AMX 40, which has good armor for a tier 4 tank, but is fucking slow... actually drives faster BACKWARDS than forwards on flat ground, has a horrible gun, and because it is a light tank gets placed in higher level matches as a "scout" tank like other light tanks.

fucking slog to get through that one, but the ELC is worth it. also having 3 people all in the AMX 40 at once on duck patrol is always fun, since most enemies at that tier can only penetrate your back armor, if you get 2-3 together they actually become difficult to kill

I want someone to do british line with me so we can have 2 matildas covering eachother, those tanks wreck tier 3-5, its like a faster moving KV1 with a weaker gun
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:19 am

I've also been wanting to get back into planetside 2 again. Game is way better with a group.

And we need to prep for halo wars 2.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by xGauz Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Angatar wrote:I've played so much Stellaris these past couple weeks.

Ang knows whats up. That game is sick. Although I've been holding off on starting a new game since the release of the new patch and their second large DLC is near. You should try playing a hyper lane only game, they're super fun.
xGauz
xGauz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:28 pm

I am playing RimWorld atm on normal difficulty and normal thinigs happening and getting fucked.

I think I might just not be good at video games.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down