Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Space: Defiance(My Fanfic)

Go down

Dead Space: Defiance(My Fanfic) Empty Dead Space: Defiance(My Fanfic)

Post by Death no More Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:00 pm

I wrote this for my personal enjoyment but hey you guys can read it to XD Any criticism is accepted as long as it is constructive, be honest and tell me what you think so far!

Chapter 1:

He held her tight in his arms, it was dark in the empty room, this room like the rest of the world would provide no safety only the illusion of. Nothing, nothingness was the scent in the air or blood but the later is the disturbing truth of this world. She looked up into his eyes; they were calm and forever open, watching for the demons. Samael held nothing and realized with a grim expression that another illusion had taken over him, he quickly fixated his eyes on the figure running at him. It brought down its scythed arms almost hitting him but he had moved to the side, it was to close. He raised his plasma cutter and fired away taking off it’s left arm, the blood spurting out of shoulder and the limb separated from its body didn’t bring it a moment’s hesitation. It was on him again with such ferocity and speed that you’d think it’d hadn’t even been hurt, he kicked it off as it gashed his side. He aimed carefully and severed the right arm, the thing still moved so he fired again into its neck. It was still twitching but he knew it was dead, he knew this because he had done it a thousand times before.

Such was the grim reality of this brave new world and those that inhabited it, humanity was on the brink and those still alive displayed this. Sam wished the hallucinations would continue, he wanted to hold her tightly, it was the only time he felt alive. These lies would kill him he knew but it didn’t matter, maybe then he’d see her, that may be the only way but I must continue forward he thought. An ungodly howl reverberated through the walls of the now dilapidated house; more of the demons had come to play. He turned on this flash light and kicked the door open and looked into the hallway, a barb flew past his face, lurkers. Not to mention around five of the scythe handed slashers that would do anything for his flesh, a dangerous combination. Samael backed into a corner and fixed his view on the doorway, two of the slashers ran in. The first had its leg cut off; he fired wildly at the second one taking off a leg and arm. He severed the second one’s last arm as the first dragged itself closer and even then another stumbled into the room. Shit he thought as he put another wave of plasma into the third slasher, it hit it’s chest and didn’t faze for a second. “Fuck this shit!” he screamed as he finally hit the third one in the leg, it crashed to the ground next to him and he precisely cut both arms off. He turned to the second one which although crippled had dragged itself close enough to cut Sam, he jumped out of the corner over it and sliced off its remaining arm.

The shriek of the lurker brought his attention to the doorway as it extended it’s tentacles to fire a salvo of barbs. Its body was that of a horribly decomposed baby, although the tentacles extending out of its back was definitely caused by the infection. He jumped to the side landing on the bloodied corpse of the slasher he had just killed, he brought it up as a shield against the next salvo of barbs which all pierced the corpses’ torso but didn’t fly out and hit Samael. Samael raised his plasma cutter and fired away, taking off two of the tentacles and splitting the lurker’s face. Its scream was one of pain and it jumped back into the hallway as the last two came in charging. He fired repeatedly and took both of necromorphs down; he finished them off quickly and threw the ruined corpse to the floor. No need for a shield now he thought, wherever the lurker was it now knew not to fuck with him. He slouched down against the wall and kept his plasma cutter trained on the doorway.

It was peaceful, the bodies were still bleeding and the room was destroyed, covered in blood and limbs. He thought about her, her face, her eyes, her body but it was all useless he thought as he slammed his fist against the wall. Her family had just moved in and had barely enough time to place furniture hence why the room was empty, her room was upstairs and he couldn’t take himself in there. He couldn’t face the truth, or was it the truth? Would he be greeted by her cold lifeless body or by an unoccupied room? If she was dead he had nothing to live for, if he didn’t know maybe he could continue on living this hell, regardless of what he found in that room he knew he would die. They would see each other again if you believed those fanciful tales, he didn’t though. He couldn’t after he had seen the human form so warped by a microbe, a damned virus! The idea was killing him, “What if she was alive?” he said out loud.

“I am Samael, you have just strayed from the path, and I cannot stray from the path. I love you and you know this, and your love for me is strong. You must follow the path, without the path you are lost.” She said in her full form, her voice was comforting but her words betrayed this feeling.

“I don’t know the path Alexia! You come to me and speak these non-sequiturs! Tell me what it means, I must find you and you have to help me do this, I can’t leave you.” He says to her.

“Start with what you know Sam, from there the path will be clear.” Alexia said. He reached for her and tried to hold her but this time he grasped only air, his fist clenched with rage and he punched a nearby corpse. He shot up and he knew what he had to do, he carefully peered out the door into the hallway, the coast was clear. He walked cautiously down the hall way checking each for the demons before he passed it; he came to the stairs and was overwhelmed by a hallucination. He saw a city burning, his city, he was running down the street with a group of people but their faces were indecipherable. The group kept running but from what he thought, he turned around to see it, a brute. The brute was a massive conglomerate of bodies and it had a strong chitinous armor, it looked like ape in form and stance. He ran faster, this brute gave him motivation and he screamed at his new acquaintances to do the same. Yet it was faster and it caught up and caught Sam by the leg, it brought him back and slammed him into the concrete.

As he died in his hallucination he came back to reality, it was quiet and no necromorphs were around. He somberly stepped up the stairs, his fears and sadness catalyzed by such a brutal hallucination. The thing was he felt it, he was there, and he felt the concrete as he smashed into it. He continued up the stairs and illuminated the hallway as he got closer; he scanned the area and saw nothing. Her door was the last one on the right he remembered, his heartbeat quickened and he felt as if he was having an anxiety attack. A thousand thoughts flew through his mind and he silenced them all and continued down the hall in an alert manner. The doors were closed, all of them except Alexia’s, as he approached it he backed against the wall. He reloaded his plasma cutter and good thing too as it only had one shot in it’s clip, he quickly moved into the door way and scanned the room. Everything was in place except for one thing…A barb impaled Sam’s side and he screamed in pain “SHIT, YOU BASTARD” he fired rapidly into the lurker cutting it into pieces. “Damn it I didn’t think he would be hiding in the corner…” Samael said to himself except another person heard him.

Alexia went up to him and with shock in Samael’s eyes she kissed him, she began “Your pain is experience, learn from it and fix your mistakes, my mistakes. You must Samael even if the path is not laid out for you to see in plain sight.” As soon as she had appeared she was gone, another sickly hallucination of the Marker. It was the only thing that kept him moving, the only thing that kept him fighting and breathing. He ripped out the barb from his side, at least it wasn’t as deep as he thought it was. He took one of Alexia’s shirts and used it as wrap to slow the bleeding. He sat on her bed and examined the room, he was tired but he couldn’t sleep here, it would be his end. He saw something peculiar on her nightstand, it was a paper; he reached over and grabbed it. It was her writing; it said “Sam I don’t know if you’ll find this or if your even alive but I had to leave. It wasn’t safe in Dayton, it’s not safe in anywhere I guess but it’s too dangerous here. My family is dead all except my father, he is taking me south to Chilo on the Ohio River. We will wait if it’s safe, if not Ill leave you a trail.”-Alexia.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Dead Space: Defiance(My Fanfic) Empty Re: Dead Space: Defiance(My Fanfic)

Post by Death no More Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Hey if any of you read this please comment as I'd like to see your opinion on it!

Chapter 2:

Samael moved with a newfound vigor at the news that his beloved was alive. This was beyond the hallucinations; this was reality, not the reality projected by the Marker. He didn’t know where the Marker was but he knew it must be destroyed if humanity was to recover from this tragedy. No plague was ever like this before; it was as the scientists termed it, our extinction event. Not if he had something to do with it though, he’d start his family with Alexia and they would live in a different but hopefully better world. He opened one the windows and peered out of it scanning her side yard, it was all clear. He jumped out of the window and headed onto Cyprus Street, from there he’d go to exit and head south on route 75 towards Cincinnati, the city would be hell but he wouldn’t have to enter it. He would go around it on route 275, and then on to the national highway 52. Chilo would be on the way and he would get there no matter the cost.

While Samael was walking down the dark and eerily quiet streets, warped figures moved into position. They waited for the right moment when his back was turned and his concentration diverted; they stalked behind him and one of the let out a scream. Samael turned with speed that was instilled by fear, he raised his plasma cutter and fired into the group taking limbs off the creatures but killing none. He sprinted with all his might and leaped over a fence; he steadied his plasma cutter on the fence and fired into the group again. Many of them hit the ground hard as their legs and bodies were separated by the skilled human. A pack of leapers, which had their legs twisted to form vicious barbed tails and used their forearms to run, descended on Samael. He ducked as a tail sliced the air right above his head; he retaliated by shooting off its tail. His plasma cutter clicked empty and flashed red when he tried to fire again, he fumbled a clip out of his pocket and it fell to the ground. I am a dead man, nothing can stop this but fate had decreed and a slurry of plasma cutter shots sliced into the horde. He looked behind him to see a group of soldiers firing from the house; he kept his head down as they finished the job he had started.

He put the clip into the plasma cutter and turned greet the battered squad. They had advanced suits and their gaze was hidden but he knew they were staring at him. He approached the door and it opened, they hurried him into the house. A squadron commander walked up to meet him “What is your name son?”

“Samael” The boy said curtly.

“A mere boy survives what killed almost our entire company; how in gods name did you do it?” The commander said with a noticeable hint of disbelief.

“A lot of luck, I thought I was dead back there, I hadn’t expected a Earth Defense Force squad to emerge from the brush and whisk me out of harms way. So how did recapturing Dayton fair for you men?” Samael asked.

“Need you even ask? We were detailed to clear this sector after the initial assault from the battalion succeeded in clearing the path. We came in with a company as I said earlier and it went well at first. That was before their counter-offensive, they started it off with a bang, and hundreds of brutes hit the entire EDF line. It was too much with just them and then thousands of slashers, leapers, lurkers, and stalkers came to play. We lost contact with the rest of our battalion an hour into the counter-offensive; I assume most of them are dead. Maybe some groups like us holding on to what remains.”

“The EDF routed in battle? In all the wars before this conflict you guys have crushed your enemies and then some. The situation is more dire than what I thought and I was sure my thoughts were full of despair. Most citizens have been tuned out about the news of this war for quite some time, Dayton may have been a disaster but surely you guys have won some fights?”

“So far we’ve kept the necromorphs from crossing the Ohio River and we’ve penetrated a few areas and set up defenses in Ohio. Though we were unable to stop the infection from spilling over into Indiana, we have stopped its movement southward. On the east coast we can defend the less populated areas easier; New York is a death trap as expected. Washington D.C. has held but it is quickly being surrounded from what we heard a couple days ago. The west coast is a quagmire, California was lost from the start and now that they have so many numbers we don’t have a chance of retaking it for a while. Reports have seen necromorphs almost all the way to Las Vegas. Besides that we don’t much else and this information is old, were in the dark like everyone else.”

“Hmm well what are your men going to do now that your assault has failed and you’ve been left to the wolves? I’d suggest you retreat to the Ohio River if it’s still safe and even then it’d be better than here.”

“We’re staying within the city and searching for any other survivors but we had to stop here to rest, we cannot go with you as we’d be abandoning our duties. We must strengthen our resolve if we are to prevail, I wish you luck boy, you’ll need it.”

“The same goes for you commander, I hope you and the rest of your men make it out alive, I take my leave now.” Samael says his goodbyes to the soldiers and thanked them once again for saving his life. He exited through the back door of the house and headed back on the main road, stealthily moving from car to car watching for bands of necromorphs. He is lucky and any groups of them he encounters are unaware of them as he hides, they eventually move on oblivious to the prey that passes them up. After moving carefully through the streets of Dayton he arrives at one of the exits, the sign reads “State Route 75 south” , he sighs with relief that he is now practically out of the city. As he walks down the exit ramp he can see a stretch of abandoned cars clogging up the highway, many people must have abandoned their vehicles and ran on foot, they would have probably died either way.

The cars provided great cover for Sam even if there weren’t any necromorphs nearby at the moment but it also limited his sight as well, it served as dual edged sword. As he walked down the deserted highway he was greeted by more hallucinations but not of Alexia, they were of his family members and friends. Those that he had escaped with during the initial outbreaks and even some of the soldiers he had just met greeted him once again. His mother’s illuminated smile brought a warmness to his heart that he would only experience with Alexia’s specters, they spoke to him in a language unknown to him. They had runic marks covering parts of their skin that would illuminate certain words of the weird text. They were trying to convey something but they used nothing but the language and hand gestures to enlighten him, it wasn’t working and Sam was only getting more frustrated and at the moment his stomach growled. He hadn’t eaten in days and he felt tired, he began to search the cars for anything that he could use, in one of the cars he was lucky enough to find a bag of beef jerky in the glove compartment and it was accompanied by a lifeless body in the driver seat. It was decaying but hadn’t been infected and the man looked like he had been shot instead of thrashed by one of the demons. He continued down the high way for a couple more hours while munching on beef jerky till he ran out, he approached a RV motor home on the highway and decided to check it out.

He checked the doors of the automobile and thankfully one of the doors was unlocked, he had his plasma cutter ready and as he entered he could hear a necromorph struggling to break free of something. It was screaming in rage as he entered the RV, it was hand cuffed the steering well and thrashing about wildly to get free. Only one hand was cuffed so before Samael cut off the arm he sliced its leg to ensure it wouldn’t be able to hurt him, he then finished off the demon with two more well placed shots. He closed the door of the RV and this time locked it, in the back of the motor home was a nice looking bed and boy he was tired. It couldn’t hurt to sleep for a few hours, in fact it could help him move faster once he had regained his strength. Sam had a long way to go and as he laid down in the bed he wrapped his arms around Alexia and held her tight.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down