Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Harbingers of the Void - Character Creation

+6
BBJynne
PiEdude
Rotaretilbo
Cheese
tiny tim
BlakeII7
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Harbingers of the Void - Character Creation Empty The Harbingers of the Void - Character Creation

Post by BlakeII7 Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Hello everyone, I will be your DM for the game Rot was doing try outs for. I will keep things short, basically anything in here is fair game, I'm pretty new to the Path Finder system too so bear with me. If you want to convert something else, let me know your ideas, and I will go over them with you.

Other than that, I don't mind my players talking openly about what characters and classes they want for the party, however, go easy on the min/maxing, I am more of a Roleplay with Combat DM than a Combat with Roleplaying DM. You will all start at level 1 with 0 EXP, however I think backstories will be worth some EXP. You get the amount of gold that is on your sheet, plus some free gear from me after you do that.

Once we have your characters done, I want you guys to make up your back stories (more info on backstores when we get to it), and I will provide you with maps and info on the continent you will be on. (It goes from lush forests to icy tundras, plains and farmland in between)

For a little info on the world, magic is not uncommon, and not feared, more looked upon as a powerful tool used by the gifted. The general alignment of the people is Lawful good, Lawful Neutral, and True Neutral, however I am totally open to having evil characters.

Also if you don't want to follow the standard archetypes of a class I'm cool with that, Want a Chaos/Death cleric, who has never worshiped a god in their life, but gained their powers by accidently reading the Necronomicon? That's cool. A blind artificer who "sees" using a magic echolocation machine? I find that awesome.

Multi-classing is fine with me, however have it make sense, a Cleric/Barbarian is a bit out there (unless you are roleplaying a cleric who has anger management issues, than maybe) but something like Wizard/Shaman is fine with me.

To roll up your characters go right here 36 points to spend however you see fit, PM me if you want help going over it, or msg me on Skype or MSN/windows live grue822 on skype, and blakeii7@live.com for windows live (I prefer skype if you could, do to me being on a mac, windows live has issues with me sending files)

Any questions at all feel free to ask, there are no stupid question unless I tell you it's stupid.

Also, I have an "approved" character shee that I would like to send to you guys, (excel format, let me know if that is an issue for anyone) I don't mind uploading it to a file site, but it would be easier if I just sent it over skype.

EDIT - I have one "quirk" as a DM, I don't allow players to play a character a different sex than their own.

Last edited by BlakeII7 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlakeII7
BlakeII7
Minion

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Back to top Go down

The Harbingers of the Void - Character Creation Empty Re: The Harbingers of the Void - Character Creation

Post by tiny tim Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Crazy gnome alchemist here. How will rolls be handled? I don't think this forum has a roll code. [roll]1d6[/roll].

EDIT: No it does not.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

The Harbingers of the Void - Character Creation Empty Re: The Harbingers of the Void - Character Creation

Post by BlakeII7 Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Ah thanks for noticing that, I'm not sure yet, if I can get wine running properly there is a program I can use that logs rolls in something similar to a chatroom, we can all roll at different times, but it logs who rolled what, and even if I am offline it can show me. However this is again if I can get wine running it.
BlakeII7
BlakeII7
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:35 pm

I love the acronym fore WINE. Wine Is Not an Emulator. one thing I know of is called gametable but that requires everyone to be on it at the same time. it also allows for map making though.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Quick question before I get to reading through Pathfinder: will this be played on the forum or through chat? I'm guessing forum but wanted to make sure.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Invisible Castle allows us to log rolls, if it really comes down to it.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:46 pm

Right...so how does this work exactly?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:00 pm

This is the DnD game I posted about in Forum Games.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeII7 Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Cheese wrote:Quick question before I get to reading through Pathfinder: will this be played on the forum or through chat? I'm guessing forum but wanted to make sure.

Forum mostly, however I would like to play through skype when we can. Forum is good for combat and basic stuff, however I like skype for major plot points and heavy roleplaying.
BlakeII7
BlakeII7
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:18 pm

I shall get skype then!

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:25 pm

I'm going to be playing a drow wizard.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:31 pm

I'm interested in the title. What exactly does "Void" Mean in this case?

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeII7 Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:33 pm

tiny tim wrote:I'm interested in the title. What exactly does "Void" Mean in this case?
You will find out, I plan on writing a "backstory" to the world so your characters don't feel like they don't know about their homeland.
BlakeII7
BlakeII7
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:35 pm

BlakeII7 wrote:
Cheese wrote:Quick question before I get to reading through Pathfinder: will this be played on the forum or through chat? I'm guessing forum but wanted to make sure.

Forum mostly, however I would like to play through skype when we can. Forum is good for combat and basic stuff, however I like skype for major plot points and heavy roleplaying.

Whole heartedly agree. However, I am in the UK, so about 8 hours ahead probably. I have no qualms about staying up though. Should be ok.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeII7 Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Cheese wrote:
BlakeII7 wrote:

Whole heartedly agree. However, I am in the UK, so about 8 hours ahead probably. I have no qualms about staying up though. Should be ok.

Only 5 hours from me (EST) so it won't be so bad. Also just so you guys know, this game will most likely start in august, however we may take about a 3-4 week break, or just play a bit more slowly over the forum because I start college in september, once I get into the swing of things however, It will resume at it's normal pace.
BlakeII7
BlakeII7
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:45 pm

That's fine with me.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:50 pm

I have an old sheet here. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=81486

Let me know if anything's wrong (I'll reset the equipment and everything) and I'll start again from scratch. To be honest I don't remember how most of that was worked out, but I think base modifiers are already applied.

By 3-4 week break do you mean break in September or through August?

Also college is great.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeII7 Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Start of september. I'm going to an art school, so it will be quite time consuming. However I think that once I get into the swing I shoudl be OK

As for the sheet I would rather everyone use the same, and it be a "physical" file, not in the cloud, so let me send it to you. Did you get skype? or would you rather email?
BlakeII7
BlakeII7
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:30 pm

You should start checking out the rest of the forum Blake. Some interesting people out there. Start by making an intro thread for yourself.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Is it ok if I use those stats for the physical file though?

And I'd rather use email, although I do have skype. Email is

cheeserunner(at)hotmail.co.uk or elliotchadwick(at)live.co.uk

First is probably best since it's the one I use for forums.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeII7 Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Cheese wrote:Is it ok if I use those stats for the physical file though?

As in you want to play that character? Or am I missing what you mean by stats? and yes I will email right away.
BlakeII7
BlakeII7
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:46 pm

BlakeII7 wrote:

As in you want to play that character? Or am I missing what you mean by stats? and yes I will email right away.

Yeah. I'd like to play with that character. Trusty old Thareuis. Bane of people being able to spell his name.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeII7 Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Cheese wrote:
BlakeII7 wrote:

Yeah. I'd like to play with that character. Trusty old Thareuis. Bane of people being able to spell his name.

That's fine, however if it is a 3.5 character he will need to be updated. if he is 3.5 I have a sheet on how to update him. let me know.
BlakeII7
BlakeII7
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Yeah, he is. I'll get on it tomorrow morning. Bed now.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeII7 Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Enjoy this outline of the world map.

Yes it is what you think it is.
BlakeII7
BlakeII7
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next