Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

erm... wow to say the least...

+11
TNine
Nocbl2
Divine Virus
Carlos Spicyweiner
CivBase
Vigil
Dud Doodoo
Lord Pheonix
Vtrooper
Cheese
MrX
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

erm... wow to say the least... - Page 2 Empty Re: erm... wow to say the least...

Post by KrAzY Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:23 pm

PS3's scratch disks too when you flip the damn console 90 degrees while the disk is spinning... so do computers, CD players, and any other free spinning disk devices

if your dumb enough to go flipping your 360 while your playing it, thats your fault. I've never had a disk scratched in any xbox i've owned
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

erm... wow to say the least... - Page 2 Empty Re: erm... wow to say the least...

Post by CivBase Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 pm

It's not a big deal, really. It's easy to take disks out before you move the system and just leave it be while it's on. I've never come across a case where I needed to move it with a disk in it. I lost two disks to it and realized what caused it almost three years ago; I haven't had any problems since.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 pm

KrAzY wrote:PS3's scratch disks too when you flip the damn console 90 degrees while the disk is spinning... so do computers, CD players, and any other free spinning disk devices

if your dumb enough to go flipping your 360 while your playing it, thats your fault. I've never had a disk scratched in any xbox i've owned

It doesn't matter if YOU never had the problem. Your lucky. The problem is still there.

And we've already addressed the turning of the console, this is common sence. I'm just talking about it getting scratched over time. And ok, the PS3 does it too but obviously not enough for it to be an issue. For them it's more of a freak accident kinda thing I guess.

I'm just hoping that the damage overtime thing get's resolved is all. Maybe it has. IDK yet.

Last edited by Divine Virus on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:29 pm

CivBase wrote:It's not a big deal, really. It's easy to take disks out before you move the system and just leave it be while it's on. I've never come across a case where I needed to move it with a disk in it. I lost two disks to it and realized what caused it almost three years ago; I haven't had any problems since.
Again, we all know to not move it while it's on.

I am just hoping that the damage over time thing get's fixed is all. I had it happen to me only once.

It's not a big deal, I'm just wishing is all.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:40 pm

The amount of damage is meaningless. I've just rotated my OLD console with a disk in and it still tore it up beyond use.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Ignore.

Last edited by Divine Virus on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Look, I think I'm confusing you guys or something...

All I'm saying is: Yes, when you tilt/move/rotate etc the xbox while it's running with a disc inside, the disc is going to get scratched in some way. Yes? We agree to this? The Xbox did however had a tendency to scratch discs over time. After a while your disc starts to look rather damged. Yes, this happens with all consoles but it seemed to happen fast or more so in Xbox's. It's happend before and with enough people that it becomes a common fact with the Xbox. All I was saying was, I just hope woth the new model that this is no longer something that happens. Maybe it doesn't. Then great. Maybe it still does, IDK. If it does then oh well. I'll still be getting one whenever I do.

That's all. Sorry for making it a debate. Doh My bad. I do not wish to argue over this. Razz yeah sorry bout that.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:38 pm

All free-spinning disk players scratch disks over time. My copy of Yuri's Revenge is unreadable after how frequently I played it.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:37 am

Zumba Fitness

ZUMBA!

I fucking hate Zumba faggots!
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:54 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:All free-spinning disk players scratch disks over time. My copy of Yuri's Revenge is unreadable after how frequently I played it.
Same with my Halo 3. It can no longer play half the campaign.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:24 pm

My Yuri's Revenge doesn't even boot anymore. Thank God I got First Decade.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:27 pm

My old Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3 I think couldn't upload certain maps. Glad I got'em replaced a long time ago.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:15 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:All free-spinning disk players scratch disks over time. My copy of Yuri's Revenge is unreadable after how frequently I played it.
Best... RTS... Ever...
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum