Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead space

+2
Angatar
Death no More
6 posters

Go down

Dead space Empty Dead space

Post by Death no More Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:40 pm

anybody ever play it? It was very good, I loved how they nailed the atmosphere of horror in it. The necromorphs where awesome, there where quite a few different types of them, I loved killing every last one of them. The strategical dismemberment worked perfectly, you would have to calm down and aim at their arms, legs, and other body parts to kill them quicker. It worked well how you would have to stop panicking to take a shot and kill them instead of just shooting them in the body(very hard to kill them by body shoots, even with some of the stronger weapons) The locater system worked well, you could find a pin point direction on which way to go, and it would turn you that way to help you find your way. I also liked how it kept you always in the game, you could be attacked while buying from a store or upgrading at a bench, or trying to heal with yourself with a med pack(unless you know the quick button for it X).
Another good feature that i liked was the ability to upgrade your weapons and armor, you used a bench to upgrade them, you needed power nodes to upgrade you weapons. It made them so much more powerful than they once were. It was nice and scary, i had quite a good scare from it and it was well worth the 40 or 50(cant remember) bucks even though it doesn't have online. The story was good and I liked the ending, all ways end a horror game with a scare.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Dead space Empty Re: Dead space

Post by Angatar Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:49 pm

Um, another slow person? Didn't the game come out in October?
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:16 pm

You know what this thread needs? a paragraph or two...

Also I already made a thread about it Razz Although its pretty old :/
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:16 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:You know what this thread needs? a paragraph or two...

Also I already made a thread about it Razz Although its pretty old :/
Dang really?, sorry should have used the search bar, yay my explanation of it is kinda of lacking. I barley skimmed through the game play and I could make pages about the story. Oh well to hell with it, since I made this thread I wont necro the other....
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:29 pm

There was another thread on this.

I played the demo and was unimpressed.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:22 pm

And as I said in the other thread, that demo is a terrible representation of the game.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:57 pm

I played it on mah PC.

I liked it a lot. Admittedly, it was a little repetitive, and some of the 'missions' often felt like work, but the story was pretty great, and the epic moments were extremely fucking epic.

By the end of the game, I was pretty much thinking to myself "oh my god, this game is fucking awesome. I love this." Then, there was a boss fight, which left me hating the game for weeks until I came to my senses.

But yeah, I liked it a lot. The story is great, and the game is beautiful. The lighting is just... wow. I wouldn't say it's scary, more just slightly creepy. It certainly more of an action game than survival horror. Still, those lanky, awkward looking Necromorphs that explode into spiders... ugh. I shivered every time I saw one of those spiders. Goosebumbs literally apeared on my arms and back. I hate spiders. Sad

Game-play itself is pretty good too. The Zero-G stuff was fun, and the dismemberment was cool.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:43 am

Vigil wrote:There was another thread on this.

I played the demo and was unimpressed.
Rent the entire game then you will see its beauty. The game was scary to me on my first playthrough but I got less scared through it(I got used to it), before I played this game I was afraid of the grudge, it all changed after that. I can now watch most scary movies without even screaming. This game in my mind kills resident evil 5 and only a few others match it in scariness. The lighting was just..... wow it was just so amazing. The death scenes where awesome and the ending was cool, [spoiler] I just love to watch Kendra die again and again [end spoiler] I like how it went out with one final scare. Overall in my mind this game pwned halo in its story but halo multiplayer killed it Sad
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 am

ReconToaster wrote:I played it on mah PC.

I liked it a lot. Admittedly, it was a little repetitive, and some of the 'missions' often felt like work, but the story was pretty great, and the epic moments were extremely fucking epic.

By the end of the game, I was pretty much thinking to myself "oh my god, this game is fucking awesome. I love this." Then, there was a boss fight, which left me hating the game for weeks until I came to my senses.

But yeah, I liked it a lot. The story is great, and the game is beautiful. The lighting is just... wow. I wouldn't say it's scary, more just slightly creepy. It certainly more of an action game than survival horror. Still, those lanky, awkward looking Necromorphs that explode into spiders... ugh. I shivered every time I saw one of those spiders. Goosebumbs literally apeared on my arms and back. I hate spiders. Sad

Game-play itself is pretty good too. The Zero-G stuff was fun, and the dismemberment was cool.

That loud groan that they give off just seconds before you see them sends a shiver down my spine. Also just for fun, let the head section of one kill you (it'll latch on to you). Then when you become "dead" try walking around for a few seconds Smile
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:24 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:I played it on mah PC.

That loud groan that they give off just seconds before you see them sends a shiver down my spine. Also just for fun, let the head section of one kill you (it'll latch on to you). Then when you become "dead" try walking around for a few seconds Smile
That to me was the most epic death in the entire game either that or when the hunter or hivemind kills you.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:52 pm

Need this game.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:54 am

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Need this game.
Its a good rent, you could buy it if you want, if you have a short attention span then I would just rent it for a week or so.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:12 pm

Saying I have a short attention span is like saying the French can fight....and win.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Saying I have a short attention span is like saying the French can fight....and win.
lol then go buy it Smile
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down